/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Madinah for schooling.

lewcow
11-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Salaam.

I'm in the states and have a strong desrie to go to the Middle East to study. I'm almost done with my Bachelor's here, Insha'Allah by this summer. Since I recently converted, I want to spend time studying Arabic, and more of the details of the faith. Madinah is the most appealing place to me, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any (inexpensive) Arabic schools there or good places for Islamic studies.

I looked into the University there, but considering my finances and current school debt, I'm not sure if I would be able to afford it. Also, my grades are just average, and I understand that it's a very selective university. Are there any financial aid options for study in the Middle East? Good programs?

Ma Salaama,

Lewis

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
11-24-2007, 04:41 PM
i dunno about financial aids or anythin,

but obviously if your looking to study in madinah, best place is the actual madinah university, and its only like 10 mins away frm masjid an nabawi :D

'Abd al-Baari
11-24-2007, 05:05 PM
:sl:

If you do consider Madinah University then check this link out Inshallah

Al_Imaan
11-25-2007, 02:00 AM
sister's can't study there....how unfair...:mmokay:....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
11-25-2007, 03:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
i dunno about financial aids or anythin,

but obviously if your looking to study in madinah, best place is the actual madinah university, and its only like 10 mins away frm masjid an nabawi :D

if your accepted to madinah univs. your residence,food, tuition all is paid for. that too depends i guess.

Also, the link given by someone states only someone below age 25 can apply there. That's not true, otherwise you wouldn't see all these 25+ reverts going there to study.

snakelegs
11-25-2007, 03:22 AM
i've read that the competition is pretty rough.

Malaikah
11-25-2007, 03:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al_Imaan
sister's can't study there....how unfair...:mmokay:....

I think that would be because universities in Saudi are either all male or all female.:thumbs_up

Al_Imaan
11-25-2007, 03:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

I think that would be because universities in Saudi are either all male or all female.:thumbs_up
yea but that doesn't give much of an oppurtunity...or does it?

UmmSqueakster
11-26-2007, 09:22 PM
If you're looking to learn arabic, there are a lot of other options out there. These are the two that I would jump to attend if it were feasible.

Arabic Institute for non native speakers - dirt cheap with lots of scholarship opportunities in Syria. It's secular, but there are a lot of islamic studies opportunities available in the area.

Qasid - a bit more expensive, but if I could afford it, I would be there tomorrow. A sister who studied there wrote up a guide to living and studying in the area.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.