/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are we allowed to fight back in Islam?

AnonymousPoster
11-24-2007, 08:01 PM
:sl:

I wanted to know that if someone insults you or says something that is really degrading and disrespectful towards you or your parents, are you allowed to hit them? Are we allowed to hit them for sake of keeping our self-respect? Is the ruling the same whether they are muslim or non-muslim?

Also what if someone insults Islam or our prophet or Allah(swt) are we allowed to fight them?

Because I'd rather not become like others and say similar things back

Please help me in this because I want to be sure that I'm not getting any ghunnah for fighting back?

Jazakhalah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
11-25-2007, 07:18 PM
does anyone know?

chacha_jalebi
11-25-2007, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

I wanted to know that if someone insults you or says something that is really degrading and disrespectful towards you or your parents, are you allowed to hit them? Are we allowed to hit them for sake of keeping our self-respect? Is the ruling the same whether they are muslim or non-muslim?

Also what if someone insults Islam or our prophet or Allah(swt) are we allowed to fight them?

Please help me in this because I want to be sure that I'm not getting any ghunnah for fighting back?

Jazakhalah
salaam :D

about swearing when someone cusses your parents is wrong, because, there is a hadiths in which RasoolAllah (sal Allah hu aleyhi wasalam) said something about how when someone curses your parents and you curse theirs, its like your cussin your own parents, cause when you cuss ones parents they gona cuss yours back so its like you cussin your own parents

and in sahih muslim, kitab al adaab theres loads of hadiths sayin how RasoolAllah (saw) never took revenge for himself:D so try to forgive and forget

and if someone insults islam, REFUTE THEM:p listen to what they say, and then just fix them up, because whatever they say is a load of crap :shade:

or just say to them "Allah will deal with you" that sound gangster innit :D

but if you look at RasoolAllah (saw) live he always forgave and stuff so i would say its best to just forgive innit

chacha_jalebi
11-25-2007, 10:02 PM
this hadiths might be useful for yaa bro :D its from Abu Dawud - kitab al adab

"While the Apostle of Allah (sal allah hu aley hi wasalam) was sitting with some of his companions, a man reviled Abu Bakr (ra) and insulted him. But Abu Bakr (ra) remained silent. He insulted him twice, but Abu Bakr (ra) controlled himself. He insulted him thrice and Abu Bakr (ra) took revenge on him. Then the Apostle of Allah (sal Allah hu aleyhi wasalam) got up when Abu Bakr took revenge.

Abu Bakr said: Were you angry with me, Apostle of Allah?

RasoolAllah (saw) replied: An angel came down from Heaven and he was rejecting what he had said to you. When you took revenge, a devil came down. I was not going to sit when the devil came down.

keep smilin :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
11-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Forgiveness is Powerful
Anger appears powerful, but leaves us feeling frustrated and powerless. Forgiveness, which appears weak, leaves us feeling stronger and less vulnerable to others.

Anger hurts not only those it is directly at, but those who wield it as well. By not forgiving the person who wronged us, we continue to inflict on ourselves the pain they created.

Forgiveness is a choice that requires us to take responsibility for our actions and feelings. It requires us to be responsible to and for ourselves, even for our pain and humiliation. It means being responsible for the choices we make, including the choice of anger and the choice of Forgiveness.

-Kenneth Cloke

Forgive and forget, all the best, May Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) forgive us and help us forgive others. Ameen

snakelegs
11-25-2007, 10:38 PM
when you fight back, you are participating = agreeing to play the game.
i think it is best not to sink to others' levels - when you oppose someone your very opposition strengthens and feeds them.
you can see this principle in action even on this forum.
people who say hateful things about your religion are hoping for you to react - they're counting on it. i think best you do not co-operate.
if someone hits you.....well islam does not advocate pacifism. you do what you have to do to protect yourself.

Dawud_uk
11-26-2007, 01:28 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

i would tolerate whatever crap they said about me, but if they insult Allah, his rasool saws and his deen then you have to refute them and stop them however you can. it depends, if it is just disagreeing that is different, but if they are just being nasty and insulting then there is a ruling on dealing with the ones who insult Allah's messenger saws.

now if someone attacks you then make sure you put them into a position that they think twice before doing so ever again.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

NYCmuslim
11-26-2007, 02:21 AM
I suppose you should only hit them if they physically attack you first. If its just insults and words then you can argue back with words or just walk away.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-26-2007, 10:47 AM

Jazakhalah
jazakallahu khair for asking. this has been on my mind for a while.
Forgive and forget, all the best, May Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) forgive us and help us forgive others. Ameen
but what if they something about a fmaily memebr, or about allah. this is not your honor, this is someons eles. maybe if it was your's than you can forgive. but im wondering what we should do when its someones eles diginity at risk. and even if it was yours, are we allowed to fight back, and what (if there is) are the limits? :sunny:

AnonymousPoster
11-26-2007, 04:05 PM
:w:

AnonymousPoster
11-26-2007, 04:13 PM

Yh sis I agree with you^,
I wan't to know that If my self respect and dignity is at risk then am I allowed to fight them, because for me thats my only option I can either ignore them and become degraded, or fight back because I don't want to become as low as others by saying filthy and disrespectful things back,

There must be something in Islam that lets you protect yourself from being degraded,
I know the prophet forgived and forgot - but he had other people protecting him.
I have been forgiveing and forgetting for ages, but now its come to a point that I have to do somethin back

Anyone know?

aadil77
11-26-2007, 05:25 PM

does anyone know the correct rulings for the post above?

Hashim_507
11-26-2007, 06:28 PM

Jazakhalah
this hadiths might be useful for yaa bro its from Abu Dawud - kitab al adab

"While the Apostle of Allah (sal allah hu aley hi wasalam) was sitting with some of his companions, a man reviled Abu Bakr (ra) and insulted him. But Abu Bakr (ra) remained silent. He insulted him twice, but Abu Bakr (ra) controlled himself. He insulted him thrice and Abu Bakr (ra) took revenge on him. Then the Apostle of Allah (sal Allah hu aleyhi wasalam) got up when Abu Bakr took revenge.

RasoolAllah (saw) replied: An angel came down from Heaven and he was rejecting what he had said to you. When you took revenge, a devil came down. I was not going to sit when the devil came down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hadith above explains a lot on anger problems. In my opinion, its not very smart to respond with violance when a person insults you. Prophet Mohamed (P.B.U.H) example is great romodel for us muslims. We are all human, bullying is a problem in all society. Having patience and knowledge in our deen will defeat bullying like wars,conflicts and injustice. Violance is not solution when their is many ways to replace violance. Anger and hatred is powerful force when satan tooks control. But remember Judgement Day all your anger and hatred will be counted. But when you start forgiving or ignoring the insults with a great patience; you will earn your rewards on Judgement Day.

AnonymousPoster
11-26-2007, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim_507
this hadiths might be useful for yaa bro its from Abu Dawud - kitab al adab

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hadith above explains a lot on anger problems. In my opinion, its not very smart to respond with violance when a person insults you. Prophet Mohamed (P.B.U.H) example is great romodel for us muslims. We are all human, bullying is a problem in all society. Having patience and knowledge in our deen will defeat bullying like wars,conflicts and injustice. Violance is not solution when their is many ways to replace violance. Anger and hatred is powerful force when satan tooks control. But remember Judgement Day all your anger and hatred will be counted. But when you start forgiving or ignoring the insults with a great patience; you will earn your rewards on Judgement Day.
Thanks for the reply bro, but if you read my other I post I've been forgiving and forgetting and tolerating for literally years now, some people have taken advantage of that and gone way over the limits,
So is it permissable to fight back to protect your dignity in these sort of cases where your self respect is at risk?

I know the prophets(saw) patience sooned gained him companians that helped him and protected him aswell as Allah

Jayda
11-28-2007, 04:36 PM
hola

fighting should always be done judiciously... sometimes it is important to stand up for yourself that way, but it is best not to resort to this all the time otherwise people will think you mercurial. i assume you want people to respect you... the things i think people respect in men are a strong sense of right and wrong, aggressiveness and assertiveness about them... but also the ability to control themselves. this means striking a balance between standing up for yourself and not letting people emotionally hijack you.

que Dios te bendiga

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.