/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salman Rushdie.

Isaac
09-21-2005, 01:43 AM
Salam to all brothers and sisters. I dont know whether u have realised but since the 7/7 bombing rushdie has appeard alot in the media context. He the one in his blashphemous publication the satanic verses and thats exactly what his publication is, has been urging the so called moderate muslims to get their voices herd and speak out asgainst the so called extremist. this coming from the person who totally degraded islam and the noble prophet muhammed. peace and belssing of the almighty Allah be upon him. What do you peeps think about his sudden appearnce opinions on the isuse.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
akulion
09-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Salam Alaikum

Brother the shaitan and his minions are always at work - but worry not for the victory belongs to Allah alone!!

Allah hu Akbar!

akulion
09-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Salam Alaikum

Let him live a long life on this earth - for the earth is the paradise of the disbelievers.
Let them enjoy of this earth for a while - in the end they will all know the truth.

Bittersteel
09-21-2005, 04:08 PM
I don't care.All I know is that there are no satanic verses.That's it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
imaad_udeen
09-22-2005, 03:50 PM
Sick.

Hajar
09-22-2005, 03:59 PM
:sl:

Just let it be.. we are above this all.
We are the winners in this life and the next InshaAllah.

:w:

Bittersteel
09-22-2005, 04:04 PM
Sick.
what brother?

czgibson
09-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Greetings,

I think it's pretty extreme to want someone's head to be ripped off.

I haven't read the Satanic Verses so I can't comment on that, but I have read one of Rushdie's other books, Midnight's Children, and all I can say is it's a brilliant book. It won Britain's most prestigious literary prize, the Booker of Bookers, in 1993.

Peace

minaz
09-22-2005, 08:41 PM
I know czgibson, all of us here sound kinda barbaric with talk such as "ripping off his head". However Mr Rushdie attacked Islam full stop. Israel some say is attacking Islam some say nationalism etc, USA some say is attacking Islam some say Economic gains etc. Mr Rushdie on the other hand went hammers and tongs at the religion and all those who follow it. What would be better than to make him a True Muslim again but he continues to stand by his views but importantly his portrayel of them, so in my view he is an enemy of mine and other muslims. ALLAH KNOWS BEST

czgibson
09-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Greetings,

Thanks for your thoughtful explanation, Minaz. :)

I realise it's a sensitive subject, but maybe someone can help who has read the book. I mean, surely Islam is strong enough to withstand the attack of such a book - it's the fastest growing religion in the world. As well as the attacks on Islam that Minaz mentions there have been many other books and articles that have attacked Islam, but as far as I know these have not attracted any fatwas calling for the death penalty.

What was significant about Rushdie's attack on Islam in that novel, compared to all the other attacks on Islam that exist in print?

Have any scholars called for the death of Robert Kilroy-Silk?

Peace

minaz
09-22-2005, 09:07 PM
lol silk and his "Veritas" - biggest joke out. Well he never denounced islam just Arabs and other ethnic minorities. Lol i'd kill him only if there was money involved :p

Ansar Al-'Adl
09-22-2005, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
I realise it's a sensitive subject, but maybe someone can help who has read the book. I mean, surely Islam is strong enough to withstand the attack of such a book - it's the fastest growing religion in the world.
Sure it can withstand attack, but that won't stop resentment in the Muslim community towards the attackers.
As well as the attacks on Islam that Minaz mentions there have been many other books and articles that have attacked Islam, but as far as I know these have not attracted any fatwas calling for the death penalty.

What was significant about Rushdie's attack on Islam in that novel, compared to all the other attacks on Islam that exist in print?
I think Rushdie's was more publicized and it triggered many others as well. The death fatwa was delivered by Khomeini, after which I believe Rushdie got even more fame.

There are some articles about him here:
http://www.islam-online.net/English/...article6.shtml

The satanic verses issue is dealt with here:
http://www.islamonline.net/English/I...rticle04.shtml

Regards

czgibson
09-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Hello Ansar,

Thanks once again for your help.

In the article you linked to Khomeini was quoted as saying that Rushdie had committed "intellectual terrorism". If he was right, and that was the case, then I wonder why he didn't suggest trying to defeat him intellectually, rather than through violence?

Peace

imaad_udeen
09-23-2005, 04:17 PM
I do not support murdering people for their spoken or written words.

imaad_udeen
09-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Iran has also lifted the death warrant on Rushdie, thankfully.

root
09-23-2005, 07:17 PM
hhmmm, the paradox of freedom of speech V Islam.

What would be better than to make him a True Muslim again but he continues to stand by his views but importantly his portrayel of them, so in my view he is an enemy of mine and other muslims. ALLAH KNOWS BEST
Sums it up quite nicely. People with differing views are not exactly well recieved eh? Within your own anger, one exposes the cracks in your thinking. How quick you are to make an enemy.

ummbilal
09-23-2005, 08:06 PM
salman rushdie is an evil man, i've read satanic verses its abonimable, he deserves to die.

minaz
09-23-2005, 09:12 PM
root you'll never understand (well unless you embrace the true religion of Islam)

Genius
09-23-2005, 10:34 PM
Why do people actually read books, why not just wait for the movie?

Muezzin
09-23-2005, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius
Why do people actually read books, why not just wait for the movie?
Nah, they're always crap compared to the books.

Unless it's Harry Potter in which case it's exactly the same as the books. Which invalidates the movies' existence entirely, since why not, you know, just read the book?

czgibson
09-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Greetings ummbilal,
format_quote Originally Posted by ummbilal
salman rushdie is an evil man, i've read satanic verses its abonimable, he deserves to die.
Please tell us what he said that was so offensive. It was a work of fiction after all. It would be nice to hear a Muslim view from someone who's actually read the book.

Peace

Hashim_507
09-23-2005, 11:00 PM
Salman Rushdie is terrorist!!

Muezzin
09-23-2005, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim_507
Salman Rushdie is terrorist!!
Was that a joke? :p

ummbilal
09-23-2005, 11:28 PM
czgibson-
firstly i wasnt practising when i ead it but, he basically went out to attack islam its not like he was writing a great story and this blasphomy was all part of the plot, there didnt seem to be a plot at all it was lots of fragments put together, each one disrespecting a different part of islam.

I also read some of his other work, he seemed desperate for attention.
i could write a book disrespecting the catholic church the pope the cross etc(not that it hasnt been done before) just to be controvertial, get loads of attention and have a best seller.

what i'm saying is dont think that hes being persecuted for his art..there was no art it was pure slander with out intelligence behind it, no message no beauty, just perverted sick filth.
like his brain.

i hope that answers your question.

ummbilal
09-23-2005, 11:29 PM
he terrorised my brain with his bomb of putrid ideas
hes fundamentally sick

Pygoscelis
10-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Ok, this thread is scaring me.

I didn't think it was true about Islam.

You muslims SERIOUSLY will MURDER people who SPEAK ill of your religion?

The Quran really says to KILL APOSTATES for no other reason than that they deconvert???

I thought this was just anti-islamic propaganda. Its true????? I hope not.

If it is then I take back everything I've ever said in defence of Islam and will join the anti-islamists. I'd hate to do that.

aamirsaab
10-11-2006, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Please do not generalise. Not every muslim thinks that way.

The Quran really says to KILL APOSTATES for no other reason than that they deconvert???
I believe brother ansar actually provided an answer to this in another thread (possibly titled "apostates".)

I thought this was just anti-islamic propaganda. Its true????? I hope not.

If it is then I take back everything I've ever said in defence of Islam and will join the anti-islamists. I'd hate to do that.
Read ansar's post(s) on apostasy, Hopefully it should clarify it all.

Trumble
10-11-2006, 09:07 PM
he terrorised my brain with his bomb of putrid ideas
hes fundamentally sick
So you have read the book, then? Or just what somebody else said about what yet somebody else thought it might have been about had they actually read it?

aamirsaab
10-11-2006, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
So you have read the book, then? Or just what somebody else said about what yet somebody else thought it might have been about had they actually read it?
She did read it:
firstly i wasnt practising when i ead it...

wilberhum
10-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Truly, there are some that will. And there are some that won't.

Danish embassy attacked in Tehran
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...720B186102.htm
Demonstrators angered over a satirical video of the Prophet Muhammad, which was broadcast on Danish TV, have hurled firebombs and rocks at the Danish embassy in Tehran.

duskiness
10-11-2006, 09:22 PM
I just went browsed this thread and what did i find???

format_quote Originally Posted by sonofadam
We hope insha'Allah he dies quickly in the manner of his 'brother' Theo van Gogh.
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Hurairah
If I ever see him - Inshallah inshallah Im a KILL HIM!
In polish penal code (and i bet that not only) those 2 post are considered crime.

Ok, this thread is scaring me.
Hi Pygoscelis!
I haven't said it befor so: welcome to the LI forum!
Some post here scars me also. others don't (aamirsaab's, Muezzin's..) That's normal on almost all forums.
You will aslo find some post that will inspire you...Just don't run away! :giggling:
If it is then I take back everything I've ever said in defence of Islam and will join the anti-islamists.
that's much too easy way out :)

snakelegs
10-12-2006, 07:36 AM
threads like this really make me sad.
i think the average "westerner" simply can not grasp the concept of killing people for saying certain things, no matter how horrible.
i know i can't. and when i read things like this, i wonder - can the gap between "the west" and islam ever be bridged?
Pygoscelis - don't judge a whole group by the type of sentiments expressed by many on this thread.

Ayesha Rana
10-12-2006, 07:51 AM
Yeah. i'm sure all the muslims on this forum are as innocent as the day they were born:giggling: so don't get put off by exxagarated posts. They are just venting their frustration. I'm sure if you handed any of them a gun they'd drop it and go running to mummy;D ;D

Abdulwaheed
10-12-2006, 07:56 AM
I cant really support the killing of people for saying certain things either.. THere are some horribly ignorant people in this world who will say things that really infuriate you and insult you or your religion and beliefs.
in my opinion Killing them is not the answer!

Muezzin
10-12-2006, 08:13 AM
Let people who insult have their say. It just makes them look like idiots in the long run.

On the other hand, if you take the bait and retaliate, you look like an idiot.

nishom
10-12-2006, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdulwaheed
I cant really support the killing of people for saying certain things either.. THere are some horribly ignorant people in this world who will say things that really infuriate you and insult you or your religion and beliefs.
in my opinion Killing them is not the answer!

True say, at the end of the day Allah takes life.

If it is the case that somone like Rushdie leads a long life and continues trangressing, then he will only wander blindly for longer, thus earning himself a greater punishment in the herafter.

Furthermore, he is also getting more time from Allah to change his ways and to seek for forgiveness.

Abdulwaheed
10-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Exactly. Only Allah knows what will happen. Like muezzin said, we give ourselves negetave exposure by retaliating.
Let him say what he wants to say, maybe it will inspire people to search for the truth! Whatever he does is between him and Allah and who knows, he might be given the chance to repent for his actions..

IbnAbdulHakim
10-12-2006, 01:29 PM
i wish people would just stop giving attention to a man whos mind is as perverted as this. We are simply promoting his sickness, i hope someone destroys this man inshaAllah.

:salamext:

Hanif_Revert
10-12-2006, 01:34 PM
It is no-ones right to kill unless you are being opressed.

There are many extremists in the religion who are quick to rant and rave but they do not speak for the majority of Muslims who trust in Allah and leave the judgement to Him.

However the few are unfortunatley thrust into the limelight.

There is no news like bad news as most who study the media will tell you!

:grumbling

IbnAbdulHakim
10-12-2006, 01:42 PM
^ extremists? Do you know what this "salman rushdie" sick man has done?

S_87
10-12-2006, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hanif_Revert
It is no-ones right to kill unless you are being opressed.

There are many extremists in the religion who are quick to rant and rave but they do not speak for the majority of Muslims who trust in Allah and leave the judgement to Him.

However the few are unfortunatley thrust into the limelight.

There is no news like bad news as most who study the media will tell you!

:grumbling

yh what kinda extremists you talking about?

if you mean those who glorify terrorist attacks i agree with you.

if you mean those who think salman shaytaan al ins rushdie should be killed then read what hes done

Hanif_Revert
10-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Yes he wrote a book of filthy lies.

It ahs been done before, and it will probably be done again

Did he force anyone to read it?

Is it up to us to punish him?

S_87
10-12-2006, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hanif_Revert
Yes he wrote a book of filthy lies.

It ahs been done before, and it will probably be done again

Did he force anyone to read it?

Is it up to us to punish him?

check this thread out :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...g-prophet.html

Hanif_Revert
10-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Maybe my knowledge and understanding is limited here as I am quite new in the deen, but what is the consesus of the ruling of Sharia on this matter?

Tania
10-12-2006, 01:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

I think it's pretty extreme to want someone's head to be ripped off.

I haven't read the Satanic Verses so I can't comment on that, but I have read one of Rushdie's other books, Midnight's Children, and all I can say is it's a brilliant book. It won Britain's most prestigious literary prize, the Booker of Bookers, in 1993.

Peace
The book deserve it.:) After reading his books (The ground beneath her feat too ) i understand if Rushdie is different from the rest of us.

Hanif_Revert
10-12-2006, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
Subhan Allah. Thank you for this, it answers my other post clearly.

guyabano
10-12-2006, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
Salam Alaikum

...for the earth is the paradise of the disbelievers.
I simply call it 'Paradise' ! Anyway, when we die, we all go to the same place ! It doesn't make any difference, what religion you are !

IceQueen~
10-12-2006, 02:51 PM
but what if you don't go to the same place...? isn't it better to be safe than sorry? isn't it better to pray to God and ask Him to guide us to the right way and then look around with open minds and hearts and search for the truth...?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-12-2006, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
I simply call it 'Paradise' ! Anyway, when we die, we all go to the same place ! It doesn't make any difference, what religion you are !
disbelievers will go to hell

Say to those who reject Faith: "Soon will ye be vanquished and gathered together to Hell,-an evil bed indeed (to lie on)!

Already has He sent you Word in the Book, that when ye hear the signs of Allah held in defiance and ridicule, ye are not to sit with them unless they turn to a different theme: if ye did, ye would be like them. For Allah will collect the hypocrites and those who defy faith - all in Hell

Dawud_uk
10-12-2006, 03:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isaac
Salam to all brothers and sisters. I dont know whether u have realised but since the 7/7 bombing rushdie has appeard alot in the media context. He the one in his blashphemous publication the satanic verses and thats exactly what his publication is, has been urging the so called moderate muslims to get their voices herd and speak out asgainst the so called extremist. this coming from the person who totally degraded islam and the noble prophet muhammed. peace and belssing of the almighty Allah be upon him. What do you peeps think about his sudden appearnce opinions on the isuse.
assalaamu alaykum,

when is someone gonna silence this hindu loving murteed?

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Hanif_Revert
10-12-2006, 03:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
All of the major religions believe that the party of God (whatever their belief maybe) will the only ones to go to paradise.

Even as a christian you should know this. (Accept Jesus as your saviour etc.)

So where do you get your belief that everyone will go to heaven?

Thats the problem. People dont take the care that they should in researching and gaining knowledge on things that are so important.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.