/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you increase your Noor???

Angelzz
11-25-2007, 04:34 AM
Assalamu alaykum everyone,

Thought I'll kickstart a topic Im interested in hearing the replies too (though im not sure if there is a similar thread on this or not)

Noor!!!

We all want it and want to enhance and increase it but just how many of us know how to do this?

I want to see if we can brainstorm together and come up with as many ways as possible inshaAllah.

JazakAllah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
11-25-2007, 07:23 AM
:sl:
do you mean, how to increase our imaam:? because ive never heard of how one can increase thier noor. :sunny:

Angelzz
11-25-2007, 11:40 AM
ok thats one lol

1. Reduction of sins

and 2. can be something like Increase in Khushoo in salah

Yes sis maryam -- it is i guess closely linked with Eman -- i guess noor is the result of a high strong eman you could say

So whats 3.?

Woodrow
11-25-2007, 11:45 AM

It seems that Noor is the glow in ones face that is a visible sign of love for Allaah(swt) so perhaps 3 would be to have no fear of showing our love of Allaah(swt) by living life as a Muslim, not just talking as a Muslim.

3. Living life as an example of Islam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Noor 13
11-25-2007, 04:12 PM
4.may be by reading and reflecting over the holy Q'ran would be a way too

chacha_jalebi
11-25-2007, 04:26 PM
use a cream that gives you that shiny effect:p

lol naa humblesness adds to the list aswell

basically just try to be the bestest muslim you can

i hope you achieve what you want :D:D

Camomilla
11-25-2007, 04:38 PM
what does Khushoo mean?

Al-Zaara
11-25-2007, 04:42 PM
5. Love your fellow Muslims for the sake of Allah subhana wa ta'ala !!! Wish for others what you wish yourself! :cry:

Angelzz
11-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Camomilla - Khushoo means your concentration sincerty and intentions during prayer --- How much you actually focusing on your worship of and conversation with Allah swt.

Some ppl fidget and look around, some pray quickly and rushed, some dont make dua'a in the sajdah etc.

Basically to pray as if you see Allah infront of you and though you may not see him HE SEES YOU.

So lets just think about that --- if we could see allah swt how different would our prayers be?

Also another point to help you understand Khushoo is to pray each prayer as if its your last one -- at the end of which you will die.

I mean imagine that --- you would drag your prayer on it would be long deep and meaningful, you will be crying and begging allah swt to forgive ur mistakes etc..

This is how every prayer every day should be.

InshaAllah we can all get to this level.

6. Be grateful to Allah swt in times of hardship and ease --- do prostrations to Allah swt and thank him when you hear news that makes you happy especially -- thank him for your joy

ashley66
11-26-2007, 12:49 AM
I got this from the tafsir classes: Ikhlas in ibadah and everything you do and of course always du'a to Allah for hidayah. Forgive every body who hurt you (this is very difficult) and patience. Surat AnNoor,24:35 should explain this.
:w:

Camomilla
11-26-2007, 07:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Angelzz
Camomilla - Khushoo means your concentration sincerty and intentions during prayer --- How much you actually focusing on your worship of and conversation with Allah swt.

Some ppl fidget and look around, some pray quickly and rushed, some dont make dua'a in the sajdah etc.

Basically to pray as if you see Allah infront of you and though you may not see him HE SEES YOU.

So lets just think about that --- if we could see allah swt how different would our prayers be?

Also another point to help you understand Khushoo is to pray each prayer as if its your last one -- at the end of which you will die.

I mean imagine that --- you would drag your prayer on it would be long deep and meaningful, you will be crying and begging allah swt to forgive ur mistakes etc..

This is how every prayer every day should be.

InshaAllah we can all get to this level.

6. Be grateful to Allah swt in times of hardship and ease --- do prostrations to Allah swt and thank him when you hear news that makes you happy especially -- thank him for your joy
:sl::thankyou:
thank you sister veru much, may Allah(SWT) reward you :)
Jazakallah Khair!

Angelzz
11-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Where is number 7 ???

Come on PPL --- I was hoping to get to 25 -- at this rate we wont even get 10

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.