/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why the Low-Fat Diet is Stupid and Potentially Dangerous

HunterMan
11-25-2007, 08:27 AM
:sl: everyone,

Some of you are still unsure of the safety of a high fat diet, I can personally understand that, as once I my self did not know the truth and just believed what the media said without doing any research for myself, so to quell your apprehension I will provide you with an article by Australian researcher Anthony Colpo which through actual scientific studies will prove that eating saturated fat is essential to our health and its absence may cause many hardships.

Here is the link, I strongly suggest you read it as it is probably one of the most important health articles you can ever read on the internet, Bismillah.

http://www.anthonycolpo.com/low_fat_diet_dangerous.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
11-25-2007, 12:18 PM
There are so many factors to consider in terms of a healthy diet, I tend to doubt that there is such a thing as the ideal diet for every person, every place and under every condition.

A small lean person, living a very active life in a harsh environment would probably die soon if he attempted to life on a diet low in saturated fats.

A robust heavy bodied person living a life of leisure on a idyllic tropical island would probably die soon if he attempted to live on a diet high in saturated fats.

With that said I agree with it being said that a "low-fat diet is stupid and potentially dangerous". As a low-fat diet can not be taken as healthy diet for all people.

My first impulse is to say that if at the present time you feel lousy most of the time, one of the first things you should try changing is your diet.

If we learn to "read" our bodies cravings and needs it can serve as a guide to help us find the best diet for us. Perhaps some people do need an increase of saturated fats in their diet.

HunterMan
11-25-2007, 01:01 PM
:sl: Woodrow,

Firstly I hope that you are feeling fine and aren't suffering from any medical conditions.

Also you are accurate to sate that everyone has particular needs and their internal chemistry works differently, but my point is that saturated fat and cholesterol doesn't and never has caused any pathological conditions, in some people it may make them not 'feel good' but it in no way would cause strokes or heart attacks. On the other had avoiding it to a certain degree (which is also immoderate) causes serious problems.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.