/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pilgrimmage (Hajj)

islamiii
11-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Pilgrimmage (Hajj)
Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 26 :: Hadith 589
Narrated 'Abdullah bin Abbas :

Al-Fadl (his brother) was riding behind Allah's Apostle and a woman from the tribe of Khath'am came and Al-Fadl started looking at her and she started looking at him. The Prophet turned Al-Fadl's face to the other side. The woman said, "O Allah's Apostle! The obligation of Hajj enjoined by Allah on His devotees has become due on my father and he is old and weak, and he cannot sit firm on the Mount; may I perform Hajj on his behalf?" The Prophet replied, "Yes, you may." That happened during the Hajj-al-Wida (of the Prophet ).

Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 26 :: Hadith 590
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

I saw that Allah's Apostle used to ride on his Mount at Dhul Hulaifa and used to start saying, "Labbaik" when the Mount stood upright.

Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 26 :: Hadith 594
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet was asked, "Which is the best deed?" He said, "To believe in Allah and His Apostle." He was then asked, "Which is the next (in goodness)?" He said, "To participate in Jihad in Allah's Cause." He was then asked, "Which is the next?" He said, "To perform Hajj-Mabrur.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.