/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Doubt in prayers wasiwas ect.

lewcow
11-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Oh, how I need some work.

I've gotten in the habbit of being very fearful of ascociating anything with Allah (in my intention) while praying. So it takes me a long long time to get the words out because I pause, and make sure I can over come the wasiwas's. My prayers take 3-4 times longer than they ought sometimes. Sometimes I have doubts in my prayers and I wonder if the prayers are even accepted after I'm done. I wonder how to clear my head, I try the refuge dua, but that doesn't always seem to hold very long.

-Lewis

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
12-03-2007, 12:15 PM
:sl:

Thread approved.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-07-2007, 07:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lewcow
Oh, how I need some work.

I've gotten in the habbit of being very fearful of ascociating anything with Allah (in my intention) while praying. So it takes me a long long time to get the words out because I pause, and make sure I can over come the wasiwas's. My prayers take 3-4 times longer than they ought sometimes. Sometimes I have doubts in my prayers and I wonder if the prayers are even accepted after I'm done. I wonder how to clear my head, I try the refuge dua, but that doesn't always seem to hold very long.

-Lewis
Brother, all i advise you, is to ignore it, because trust me, its only going to get worse.
I hope the following helps.

6-Opposing the Shaytaan
The Shaytaan comes in the form of one who is keen to offer sincere advice, as we have stated above. So one has to do the opposite of what he says, and tell him, if you want to offer sincere advice to anyone, then offer it to yourself, for you have doomed yourself to Hell and brought upon yourself the wrath of the Almighty. How could any one offer advice to others when he cannot take it himself?
Al-Haarith ibn Qays said: "If the Shaytaan comes to you whilst you are praying and says, 'You are showing off,' the response should be to make the prayer even longer. ",[32] This is sign of deep knowledge on his part, may Allah have mercy on him.
When a person stands to pray, the Shaytaan gets jealous of him, because he is standing in the greatest position, the most annoying to the Shaytaan, the most difficult for him to bear. So he strives hard and does his utmost to prevent him from standing in this position; he keeps trying to distract him and make him forget it; he comes against him with his cavalry and infantry until he makes him take the matter ofprayer lightly, until he thinks it does not matter and he gives it up.

If he is unable to do that, and the person pays no heed to him, and goes and stands in prayer, the enemy of Allah comes and stands between him and himself, between him and his heart, and reminds him whilst he is praying of things that he did not remember before he started to pray. He may have forgotten about something or some need, or given up on it, then (the Shaytaan) reminds him of it whilst he is praying, to distract his heart and take his mind off Allah. So he stands and prays without a focused heart, and he does not gain from his turning towards Allah and drawing nearer to Him that which the person who turns to Allah with a focused mind and heart gains from his prayer. So he leaves his prayer as he came to it, with the same burden of sins which has not been reduced by the prayer. For prayer is an expiation for bad deeds if it is done properly with full submission and solemnity, and if one stands before Allah and turns to Him with one's heart and mind.

32 Talbees Iblees, p. 38.
The World of the Jinn and Devils, By Umar S. Al-Ashqar.

------
12-11-2007, 01:55 PM
:salamext:

He may have forgotten about something or some need, or given up on it, then (the Shaytaan) reminds him of it whilst he is praying, to distract his heart and take his mind off Allah. So he stands and prays without a focused heart, and he does not gain from his turning towards Allah and drawing nearer to Him that which the person who turns to Allah with a focused mind and heart gains from his prayer.
Woah... :ooh:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Taalibah~
12-11-2007, 01:59 PM
You are going to have to learn to just push those thoughts away. Ignore it completely. Shaytaan just loves to try and confuse and mislead Muslim followers.
Taking in what he is wasiwasing will just make it worse. Ask Allah Ta'aala for help and tell yourself this is shaytaan, and dont bother to listen so long as in your heart you feel what you are doing is to the best you can. Insha'Allah it will go away.
:w:

malaki
12-11-2007, 04:26 PM
I am not the authority or the most knowledgable, but remember that Allaah is the most Merciful and Beneficent. Keep trying and remember that pausing to remember is better than giving up. InshaAllaah you will be fine and forgiven for the worst mistakes as long as you try with the intention of submission and serving the only God. Right?

zena_a
12-13-2007, 04:31 AM
i feel i have the same problem , so i always try pray behind imam. i dont know how to get out of it

Sister X
12-25-2007, 02:57 PM
Dear Lewcow

I hope you still refer back to this thread even though it’s been a while since you wrote it. SubhanAllah your dilemma is so much like what I went through starting from the age of 15, when I started to take up salah seriously. It took me NINE years to figure out the problem as I was too scared to talk to anyone and convinced that I would get into a lot of trouble for what was going on in my head. The temptation to stop praying so that it would 'all go away' was so great and at times I must have done just that to forget about the issue. But I knew that this wasn’t the solution so I decided to keep on praying and trying to ignore this annoying whispering that affected me during EVERY salah. I cannot describe the anguish and tears that I went through. I lived in fear that I would be condemned to hell for committing (what I thought) to be definite shirk. It was so terrifying - I thought I would go mad sometimes! So finally I broke my silence and sought help - and Alhumdullilah it has helped me tremendously. I was told that this was wiswas - whispering of the Shaytan and that actually it was not a problem exclusive to me! I started to put some rationale into my problem. If I truly considered this wiswas to be true why did I continue to pray? Why did I fast? Why did I get angry and upset when someone said something untrue about Muslims? Why bother being a Muslim if I thought my 'doubts' to be real? Why was I mostly affected during salah and ok during the rest of the day when I was not praying? These questions coupled with the help and support of others helped me get through one of the most darkest periods of my life - Alhumdullilah. So my advice - 1. Stick with your salah - no matter how long it takes to complete. Perhaps it is a test for us in our life - to demonstrate that we have earned our status as Muslims! 2. Read the Quran on a daily basis (even just a few lines is sufficient) - and make sure you have read it with translation (if you don't understand arabic) to increase its impact on your heart. 3. Remember that its not a unique problem to yourself but so many people are going through this - you just need to find ways of overcoming it :smile: 4. Listen to speeches/talks by Dr Zakir Naik and Ahmed Deedat who prove that the Quran is the WORD of God and that Islam IS the true deen. 5. Recite the dua: 'O Allah, I seek protection in You from that I ascribe partners to You knowingly and I seek forgiveness from You from those things which I do not know.' 6. Don't give up hope - InshaAllah InshaAllah you will be cured of this problem, your constancy will eventually tire the Shaytan when he knows that he cant get to you any more.

I hope this advice helps. InshaAllah I think it’s a practical way of approaching the problem and inshaAllah ishaAllah I am testament to the fact that it can be overcome.

Your sister in Islam

Sister X

Nájlá
12-25-2007, 03:04 PM
i have the same problem and when i get them thoughts i rush my salah for some reason and i dont really know what to do i know its the shytaan but i cant help it. can any1 help

~Taalibah~
12-26-2007, 10:34 PM
You simply have got ignore it. Push it away. Read slightly audible and concentrate on the words you are reading. Read Duas for protection against shaytaan.
May Allah Ta'aala Help and guide you, Insha'Allah. Ameen.
:w:

Mysterious Uk
12-27-2007, 02:49 PM
I have the same problem bro, i even wrote a thread similar to yours but no1 answered properly. I had to repeat my prayers sometimes cos i was't sure it was going to be accepted. Anyways, the replies on this thread were helpful, i will try to ignore all the stuff that pops into my head when praying. Thanx people.

lewcow
01-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Alhumdulillah, I give thanks for all your advice. I will continue to fight and ignore the evil wassi wass, insha'Allah.

Ghira
01-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Remember that the more your are fighting the waswasa the stronger Muslim you become....Take for example a person who lifts weights to build muscle. In order to build more muscle he adds more weight to strengthen muscles...same thing with you. Seems like you are You are climbing a mountain but your practice in praying to God is getting better, if in fact you are trying your best to focus and know the meaning of what you are sincerely saying.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.