/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gpu 2007

salman786
11-25-2007, 11:45 PM
:sl:Did any1 go to this event and what did u make of it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
11-25-2007, 11:46 PM
no didnt go :p

who came there? any famous peeps .. .

Re.TiReD
11-25-2007, 11:47 PM
:salamext: the nasheeds were a waste of time :)

chacha_jalebi
11-25-2007, 11:53 PM
in the peace thin in india

they got all the best people like all the scholars lol and zain bhikha n ahmed bukhatir aswell

so lookin at that, the GPU must have been crap

only good thin is the quran comp

i went to the 1st one, that was the best, last yr it was crap and lets jus say it was crap this year aswell lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sabah
11-25-2007, 11:59 PM
nope didnt go

i watched abit on tv, micheal jacksons brother came lol ( an A lister), the national qirat comp was good, mashaallah good to hear beautiful voices

salman786
11-26-2007, 12:05 AM
I know i have been watchin dat peace confrence with dr zakir, zain bhihka, bukharit, fazaga, al-amry. Hussain ye. Raheem Green. Yusuf estes and all da others. ITZ WIKED

chacha_jalebi
11-26-2007, 12:08 AM
^ yeah:D

and its for like a week as well

Malaikah
11-26-2007, 09:10 AM
:sl:

Can anyone tell me how I can watch the peace conference online please?

AhlaamBella
11-26-2007, 09:57 AM
I really wanted to go :(
I didn't even watch much of it live either. Did Yusuf Estes go?

MuslimWays
11-26-2007, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
:sl:

Can anyone tell me how I can watch the peace conference online please?
You can watch it live from: http://www.islambox.tv/, but you have to register (free or paid).

------------------------------------

Didn't go GPU, havn't been to it since the experience of 1st one, astaqfirullah, may Allah protect us from such corrupt events.

As for Peace Conference in India!!! Subhan'Allah... soo badly wish I was living in Asia right now! But Alhamdulilah Sky channel 823 to the rescue!

Re.TiReD
11-26-2007, 12:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimWays

Didn't go GPU, havn't been to it since the experience of 1st one, astaqfirullah, may Allah protect us from such corrupt events.

As for Peace Conference in India!!! Subhan'Allah... soo badly wish I was living in Asia right now! But Alhamdulilah Sky channel 823 to the rescue!
Ameen, my thoughts exactly :D

------
11-26-2007, 12:53 PM
:salamext:

Peace TV Channel 823

OR

www.islambox.tv to the rescue when other people r watching TV! :D

MuslimWays
11-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Walykumasalaam,

Ya, Peace TV is sky channel 823, but for some strange reason when it's a cloudy or rainy day and the Sky signal is low, I can't watch Peace TV, so thats when Islambox site comes useful.

I am trying to compile all the days of this conference so I can put it up online. So if you've missed the last 3 days, don't worry.

btw, JihadunNafs, masha'Allah nice signature pic.

Re.TiReD
11-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Did anybody see aerosol arabic and the brother farhan from this forum? he had his calligraphy stall?

JazakAllah khayr brother Muslim ways, funnily enough there was a 'discussion' regarding that yesterday :mmokay: lol

m102313
11-26-2007, 01:09 PM
yeah i watch also watch the peace conference held in India by the IRF (Islamic Research Foundation). It comes on Peace TV.

Re.TiReD
11-26-2007, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker
yeah also watched the peace conference held in India by the IRF (Islamic Research Foundation). It comes on Peace TV.
:salamext: it was great Mahsa'Allah! peace tv is great anyway but this event just kicked it...Wish I could have been there though, and the stage was beautiful :ooh: masha'Allah :D

------
11-26-2007, 01:17 PM
I am trying to compile all the days of this conference so I can put it up online. So if you've missed the last 3 days, don't worry.

Post it up Inshaa Allaah when u have completed it! :D

smile
11-26-2007, 02:52 PM
what is this Gpu thing
and how come so many ppl think that it is crap????

Re.TiReD
11-26-2007, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by smile
what is this Gpu thing
and how come so many ppl think that it is crap????

Ahem... :D

would you really like to know..... ok :D

well first of all, masha'Allah to the organisers...only Allah knows their intentions and who are we to judge eh? :D but if you go there's one thing you'll see...listen to a nasheed for the first few mins and you think....*aah bliss* but then two seconds later and they got the musical instruments and rubbish and the sisters screaming as if its their mahrems up there and you're like WHAT?? :offended: I guess the people who go to gain something good from it will but...I dont know...nasheeds are great..but then they go spoil it by inviting the likes of sami yusuf (dont know if he came this year) and others...there was this one group I liked tho...dont know the name, but I'm just not a fan of seeing brothers jumping and singing on stage...Ahmed Bukhatir wasnt there, but he's just too cool masha'Allah :D I'd rather sit and listen at home and just switch off when its something I dont like..which was most of the time as the majority of the nasheeds were :thumbs_do but saying that, my dad kept chaging it because apparantly nawaz sharif went to pakistan so I didnt watch all of it...liked the peace TV one more anyway :D :D I'm off now, otherwise I'll this post will go on and on :D :w:

MuslimWays
11-26-2007, 03:25 PM
No sami yusuf but backstreet boys was there, I think...

Ahmed Bukhatir and Zain Bhikha both in India.

Re.TiReD
11-26-2007, 03:34 PM
No sami yusuf but backstreet boys was there, I think...

Ahmed Bukhatir and Zain Bhikha both in India.
yeah backstreet were there :thumbs_do hey by the way bro...check your fajr alarm thread please :w:

------
11-26-2007, 05:20 PM

^^^ You mean u miss being looked after. :D

sapphire
11-26-2007, 05:25 PM
lol!^

yea nasheeds were a waste of time. i kept wondering out to the exibition. I didnt even end up going on sunday.

and im not sure my dad will ever take me again. lol.

it was great meeting the LI people though :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.