/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Y?

yashal
11-26-2007, 10:16 AM
ASSAlAM O ALAIKUM!
I want to ask why are'nt we doing against the media that is presenting a false picture of Islam?
Plz dont be confused,I am not saying that burn their offices........
I think we should have a stand,is'nt it?
Everyone here is tempted to say that muslims are terrorists and Islam teaches terror........I know it is absolutely false,they also use refernces from The HOLY VERSUS OF QURAN and Sayings of The HOLY Prophet(PBUH).
Why don't we tell the people the reality,the truthfulness of Islam so strongly and healthfully....It upon them to accept or reject.....?
But we should feel our responsibilities being a muslim..........
In this Perspective,what you nice guys say about what to do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
11-26-2007, 10:18 AM
:sl:
personally, i agree. some people may be hesitent as they dont have enough knowledge to refute (like me)
:sl:

------
11-26-2007, 10:33 AM
:salamext:

Lol erm I guess people r just busy in their own lives, which is sad, because it IS up to us Muslims to get the message across to non Muslims and Muslims likewise....

Pk_#2
11-26-2007, 11:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yashal
ASSAlAM O ALAIKUM!
I want to ask why are'nt we doing against the media that is presenting a false picture of Islam?
Everyone here is tempted to say that muslims are terrorists and Islam teaches terror........I know it is absolutely false,they also use refernces from The HOLY VERSUS OF QURAN and Sayings of The HOLY Prophet(PBUH).
Why don't we tell the people the reality,the truthfulness of Islam so strongly and healthfully....It upon them to accept or reject.....?
I have no idea what you are on about Yashal

Welcome to the forum though..

Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
11-26-2007, 11:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yashal
ASSAlAM O ALAIKUM!
:w:

The term Media is very vague and difficult to comprehend. Media is all things that convey information to us. It is Books, Magazines, Radio, Group meetings, Television, Newspapers, The Internet, etc. Coming from all sources: Government, private enterprize, friends, relatives, teachers, secular organizations, Religious organizations, Charities, Profit making corporations etc.

What we need to do is to make legitimate use of the media ourselves. One way is by living a life that shows the truth about us. The next is to be aware of when somebody says mistaken things about us. Usually there will be no specific organization behind it, each error needs to be approached individually and addressed in honest morally acceptable manners. It is up to each of us to be certain that the truth is told, we can not control lies told about us, but we do have the ability to show the truth.

Now getting back to what the media is? We are each part of the media. We each have the ability to reach at least a small audience. Right here alone, each of us is reaching readers. This is why it is so important that we live a life that reflects the truth of Islam. We are the media as individuals, that tells people what Islam really is.

Each and every word we write or speak, may very well be what somebody sees as being the entire truth of Islam. The actions of any one of us can and will be seen as a message of how Muslims live and act. We are the media that spreads or stifles Islam.

yashal
11-27-2007, 04:46 AM
thanks woodrow

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!