/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "I'm scared of jinn..."

- Qatada -
11-26-2007, 07:43 PM
:salamext:

Question: Ever since I learned that the Jinn can possess people, I have been scared. I cannot sleep at night. They say that if you pray, you will not be scared. I pray, but I am very scared. What can I do?

Answered by Sheikh Khâlid Husayn

I have read your letter with deep concern and have felt the fears that you are suffering from.

You should know that the Jinn are a creation of Allah, but they are of a lesser grade than human beings. Sheikh Abû Bakr al-Jazâ’irî said: “Even the Muslim Jinn are lower in dignity and honor than human beings. Allah says: “We have honoured the sons of Adam; provided them with transport on land and sea; given them for sustenance things good and pure; and conferred on them special favours, above a great part of Our Creation.” [Sûrah al-Isrâ’: 70]

Such honor was never mentioned for the Jinn in Qur’an or Sunnah. Hence, humans are more honorable than the Jinn. The Jinn know this fact and feel inferior in front of people. That is why when people seek refuge with them, it makes them they feel so proud and arrogant.

You should know that the Jinn fear humans, particularly people with strong faith in Allah. It was related that the Jinn were frightened of `Umar and Abû Hurayrah.

Ibn Abî al-Dunyâ related that Mujâhid said: “While I was praying one night, somebody from among the Jinn, resembling a boy, stood in front of me and when I tried to grab him he jumped over the wall and I heard the noise of his fall. Then he never approached me again.” Then he said: “They (the Jinn) fear you as you fear them. But they fear you more than you fear them. If someone is approached by one of the Jinn, he should not fear him. Otherwise, they will pounce on him. But, if he confronts them, they will flee.” [Wiqâyah al-Insân min al-Jinn wa al-Shaytân page 33]

You should not fear the Jinn. Allah says: “It is only the Satan that suggested to you the fear of his votaries: be ye not afraid of them, but fear me if ye have faith” [Sûrah Âl-`Imrân: 175]

In order to get rid of your fear of the Jinn, I advise you to employ the following procedures:

1. Seek help from Allah and frequently seek refuge with him from Satan and his helpers from among the Jinn.

2. Be steadfast in praying on time.

3. Always read the prescribed remembrances of the morning and the evening, the remembrance before sleeping, and the other well-known remembrances.

4. Read or at lest listen to Sûrah al-Baqarah in full at least once every three days.

5. Read Âyah al-Kursî daily and particularly before going to bed. This is sure protection from the Jinn.

6. You have to abide strictly by Islamic teachings by doing what is permitted and avoiding what is sinful.

7. Offer sincere supplications to Allah to remove from you such unfounded fears and to protect you from evil and provide you with all manner of good.

And Allah knows best.

http://islamtoday.com/show_detail_se...main_cat_id=18

More - Jinn & Magic:
http://islamtoday.com/show_quest_sec...&sub_cat_id=96

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
princessz
11-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Jazak Allah for sharing that. I recently heard a bayan about jinns and I was pretty creeped out.

chosen
11-26-2007, 10:48 PM
First of all as a christian I do not believe in Jinn..but I do believe in the devil..if i am sure of only one thing in this world it is the god is by far more powerful that any devil, demon or any other evil spirit..If you trust in god and put your faith in him.nothing evil can touch you..evil can only come into your life if you invite it in..doing evil things and such

sabah
11-26-2007, 11:03 PM
---

:sl:

jazakallah, i was once really scared of jinns i would not sleep at night because i felt unsafe. People use to freak me out with stories, and your mind plays tricks on you. I use to pray and make dua to allah every night, asking him to help me sleep and to protect me. One day i came back from college and my mam whos a convert and finds it hard to understand the quran decided to clean the quran. She decided to open it and it happen to fall on a surah and the ayah mentioned that allah will protect you from such things if you believe in him (cant remember the ayah).
Walahi from when i read that, i felt like a burden had been lifted and felt protected by allah.
May allah protect us all and keep us with the people in which hes guided!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sadia faisal
12-04-2007, 07:47 PM
True have faith in Allah, that is the key, i was scared of Jinn and my fascination for them wanted to know more about them!!

They're so interesting! lol

snakelegs
12-04-2007, 08:46 PM
something i've wondered - do jinns know that they are jinns?

snakelegs
12-04-2007, 09:09 PM
do they ever look like people?

جوري
12-04-2007, 09:12 PM
I have always been very pragmatic and thought there was a hijab between us and the Jinns, never really believed the stories of possessions and I am not sure still that people can in fact be possessed..
I find that areas where superstition is abound, folks will blame natural phenomnon or anything they can't explain on 'jinn'

However, my two year old niece was acting very strange for several months .. I deemed it as a phase, but it is was unlike her, she was very playful and loves people, loves going out.. in the beginning I thought it an illness but there was nothing physically wrong with her...

Sometimes she'd point and say 'look... baby!' at absolutely nothing...sometimes she'd stand in front of the mirror and say 'come back baby' Many times as we wheel her out she'd cover both her eyes or start crying... one time I was putting her to sleep and she pointed her finger and asked who is that, and it terrfied me, there was only me and her..

I started telling her it is cartoon, it is her imagination, or yell at her there is no one in there and bang on the empty wall where she is staring... but she is only two.. I hope it sorts itself out and life can get back to normal insha'Allah

------
12-04-2007, 09:28 PM

I'v heard Jinn can imitate anything apart from the Prophets.

syilla
12-05-2007, 06:21 AM

what happened if a human falls in love with jinn...

cause my friend met a beautiful lady jinn (islamic jinn).

and he met the jinn again in mecca.

Just wondering...

and i know its haram to marry a jinn...

Can anyone explain more on this.

And i heard if the jinn fall in love with a person...then that'll be a problem. Especially if that person doesn't read quran.

------
12-05-2007, 09:28 AM

Can Humans Marry Jinn?

Bint Haneef
12-05-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm wondering if there exists "islamic jinn". If it has faith, it should not bother us.

I'm also fascinated by the world of the Jinns. Have been reading lots of materials on them. But we shouldn't be afraid, if we know how to deal with them. The only means to get rid of jinns (possessing humans) is Ruqya from the Quraan and the Sunnah and the Raaqi should be a reliable person.

Once there was a new student who joined our Islamic centre and she had very strange behaviour. Her parents said she's depressed. As usual, I had the 'noble' task to get acquainted to her and make her feel at ease. One day, there was another student who came in wearing red clothes and this one had very strange look. She kept looking at her and making lots of strange things like removing things from her bag each and every time, wiping it, etc.

Then, after a while, she felt like vomiting. So they asked me to get her out and see what can be done. There was a red chair outside. She sat nearby but kept looking at it. I told her there's nothing over there but she murmured each and every time on our dialect "Why are you bothering me?" while looking at it. Then she just raised up and said with a very stern voice, "Just move this chair, keep it as far as possible!" I did what she said, then she felt relieved saying with a mischievous tone "That's good, you both (looking at the chairs) have got seperated now... then a while later asking me to return it back to its place....

She was very afraid and I kept reading verses from Surah Al Baqarah, telling her you should not be afraid since you have faith in Allaah. But I know it's hard on her. Unfortunately, she never came back so I don't know what happened next.
I was also informed by my teacher that during this particular week, she was attending a class on 'Aqeedah- fearing none but Allaah', while the teacher was saying so, she just threw her book with much violence across several tables and looking at my teacher in a frightening look. But my teacher just ignored her.

It's good such topic has been raised. It's interesting to know how others have been dealing with it.

------
12-05-2007, 02:18 PM

I've seen a Jinn possessing a human being, and it also went when someone recited Chapter 114 a couple of times from the Qur'aan. Subhaan Allaah (Glory be to Allaah)

------
12-05-2007, 02:23 PM

What's coming next? Nothing lol. All I was saying is that Jinns DO exist, and they DO possess people.

Abdulwaheed
12-05-2007, 02:35 PM
I havent heard or seen any1 who has been possessed, but there are times when i feel im being watched, when im absolutely sure there is no1 around..

islamirama
12-05-2007, 02:51 PM
If someone has doubts about jinns, they should visit the indian subcontinent, jinns are thriving in that shirk land...

The world of the Jinn

Jinns’ contact with humans

Hamas
12-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

I think people make too much of an issue on the subject of jinns its a normal matter just as humans exist jinn also exist. Ive been affected by jinn and i still am but my situation is not so major as others who have been seriously afflicted by the jinn. A magician has bewitched my eyes and i see so many wiered things like abnormal creatures comming out of thin air i dont know what else this magician would have done to me but by the grace of Allah i am recovering and ive also found him but he has more partners with him i tried to extract it from him why he did it and did somebody tell him to do it but he wouldnt tell me i punched him i kicked him i dragged him on the floor but he still would not tell me his family came in and called the police on me and now im getting done for assault i didnt tell his family but i did tell pious knowledgable practicioners in the field of jinn that this guy did this to me and hes doing it to alot of other people and left it as that i wanted to kill him and we are allowed to kill them though i dont know much about that subject. I dont like telling people about it because i start to feel withdrawn from everyone and i lose any sense of normality. But we should think of the existence off the jinn as a normal thing and not get freaked out and put them in caregories like paranormal freaky or unseen yes its true but its still a normal thing, Allah created every single thing He created humans and He created the jinn thats it. When it comes to jinn possession the possesions can be minor or it can be as serious as leading the posessed to his death. The bottom line is in any case only the amount of good and bad that Allah wishes for you will certainly befall you. If Allah created every single thing in this world and the next then its only commen sense that we seek protection in the Creator who created the things that we may be afraid of but no we go to go every single person on this planet oh this happened to me that happened to what do i do? but we dont ask Allah. Look at the issues we are facing globally from the west and the non belivers in terms of hatred for islam misconceptions about islam associating terrorism with islam you think thier to blame? no the problems that are afflicting us from the outside have been created form the inside the problem is within and the solution also lies within. I remember this hadith when the prophet (pbuh) said a time will come when the non believers will gather around you for your desctruction and a man said o prophet of Allah (pbuh) why would they do this to us will we me small in number? the prophet (pbuh) said no you will be great in number but your iman will be weak and Allah will take away your fear from the hearts of your enemies. Allah says that he wil never change a condition of a people untill they change themselves. Brothers and sisters it dosnt matter if we dont a have knowledge of the size of a mountain about islam the minimum knowledge we need to start off is knowing how to correctly offer our 5 daily salahs thats it. If we pray our salah regularly, humbly and on time then we go out to seek knowledge then we will see how Allah brings that knowledge to us. Allah says if a person walks towards me then i will run towards him. Run, Allah will run towards you towards me towards us, Allah is not saying if a person runs towards me then i will run towards him He is saying if a person walks to me then i will run to him but we dont even wana walk towards Allah. Lets pray that Allah boosts the power of retaliation against the devil within us and take us on the straight path.

Im sorry if ive said too much and stated irrelevant things and im sorry if ive made any mistakes please feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

Assalamu Alaikum.

ayesha309
12-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Masha'Allah brother Hamas. Thank you for your post; it makes a lot of sense. May Allah help the Muslim Ummah. Ameen

Abdul-Raouf
12-06-2007, 05:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
If someone has doubts about jinns, they should visit the indian subcontinent, jinns are thriving in that shirk land...

The world of the Jinn

s i have heard about lot of Jinn possession incidents here......

Bint Haneef
12-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Whatever others can say, it is a part of the Muslim's faith to believe in the Jinns, as goes the Aayat: Allaah created not the Jinns and Insaans except to worship Him.

I have seen some other cases of Jinn posssession like you said sis, when you witness it, then you will be more than ever convinced. My friend who was doing her Masters was medically found "depressed" but in fact she got some extraordinary power like she managed duirng one of her 'fits' to pull a solid iron window from its frame without much efforts with one hand most probably. When she was 'cured' she told me she can't believe she has done it as it is impossible to do so with the hands.

------
12-06-2007, 09:51 AM

Also the person that gets possessed don't know afterwards that they were possessed.

MinAhlilHadeeth
12-06-2007, 03:13 PM
:salamext: and greetings,

I would appreciate it if Non-Muslims who do not believe in certain aspects of Islam could keep their 'debates' outside of the Learn About Islam section. Off-topic posts deleted.

Thought
12-08-2007, 09:10 PM
i always thought the jinns were an old story

Thought
12-08-2007, 09:13 PM
my grandmother in marocco always talked about jinns

snakelegs
12-08-2007, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thought
i always thought the jinns were an old story
they are mentioned in the qur'an.

Al-Zaara
12-11-2007, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Also the person that gets possessed don't know afterwards that they were possessed.
Aleykum selam wa rahmetallahu wa barakathu.

Is this always the case? Also, can the person possessed fight against the Jinn themselves? If one isn't totally possessed and still strong enough to do so, it is possible, right... ?

crayon
12-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Just hearing about jinn creeps me out...:uuh:

daun1919
12-12-2007, 05:11 PM
yes jinn is exist but i think we sholud not afraid of them. We are powerful than them. That is why Allah choose us to be khalifa......

fadhil_azri,
http://islamicsouces.blogspot.com/

~Taalibah~
12-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Yes, jinn do exist. I've known of someone who was tried to get possessed of by a shayataan (un islamic jinn?) they beat him and read Qur'aanic Ayaats and it went away.
I sometimes also feel afraid, what if they come to me, i see them, want to get hold of me but force myself to ignore it and fear Allah Ta'aala. Because it is only with Allah Ta'aalas power they can achieve what they want and that goes for us also. Reading Ayaatul Qursi and the 3 Qul's, morning and evening daily as well as Duas for protections against shaytaan and jinn will safe guard you.
May Allah Ta'aala protect us all. Ameen

genki
12-15-2007, 03:50 PM
I have always been fascinated with this topic. I remember as a little kid seeing exorcism and seeing it work. I have heard tales of jinns and have read books. I knew of a guy whom apparently used jinns for good purposes. I knew another malaysian guy Silat fighter who could literally send you flying out by apparently using jinns.

I would love to see some or meet some.

transition?
12-15-2007, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
someone has doubts about jinns, they should visit the indian subcontinent, jinns are thriving in that shirk land...

The world of the Jinn

You are more likely to hear about Jinns there because there are plenty of people who know about Jinns.
Creepy stories about Jinns happen everywhere, even in the U.S. but not many people understand that those occurings are related to Jinns. Instead you watch discovery channel to see some shows about "ghost stories" and "haunted places."

islam_kurdi
12-24-2007, 07:58 PM
Brother, let me just tell you that Allah has placed angels (I think it was like 7 angels) for each and every human being just to protect them. Otherwise the jinn would be playing with us like a soccer ball! (Remember: Angels are waayyyy stronger than jinn! lol) Only by the Will of Allah can the jinn harm you. It is very rare.
p.s. make sure u say "BismillahirRahmanirRahim" before you pour hot water. This is since you might burn a jinn's baby and you might be harmed.

al_islam
12-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Bro Jinn are nice as well.

islam_kurdi
12-24-2007, 10:33 PM
It's that jinn are plyful, they like to play. so without the angels protecting us the jinn would play with us (and we'd be harmed). SubhanAllah! This is also why for example sometimes you'll see a light turning on and off out of nowhere.

H4RUN
12-24-2007, 11:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam_kurdi
It's that jinn are plyful, they like to play. so without the angels protecting us the jinn would play with us (and we'd be harmed). SubhanAllah! This is also why for example sometimes you'll see a light turning on and off out of nowhere.
Either that or you've got a faulty connection, dodgy bulb, or the fuse has given up :okay:

Jinns aren't rare, they're everywhere, it's just that we cant see them. It's like a parallel world from what i've read over the years. They live, breathe eat, reproduce etc etc Does it sound familiar? Yep, pretty much like us.
I agree to an extent that you may well get freaked out so to speak when and if you come face to face with one. I think it's only natural, seeing something new that you're not familiar with..Its easy to say, but they're afraid of you as you of them, it's just that you might not want to keep looking and witnessing it.

The matter of faith comes into it a great deal i think, those with the strong faith, high in imaan will have more armour so to speak than the one of a lesser level of faith. If memory serves me correct the devil/jinn would not walk on the same side of a path as Umar bin Khatab, May Allah be pleased with him. His strength,imaan, and the level of faith was enough for the devil/jinn to stay away, subhanaAllah!

May Allah swt protect us all, and keep us under his shade, Ameen:)

Aslamualaikum
Ps. Feel free to correct me if i've stated anything wrong, if so, i do apologise.

islam_kurdi
12-24-2007, 11:28 PM
no offence tooken, but you misunderstood me...

I didn't mean that jinn are rare; I meant that the occasion of jinn harming a human is rare.

Allah knows best.

H4RUN
12-24-2007, 11:32 PM

I didn't mean that jinn are rare; I meant that the occasion of jinn harming a human is rare.

Allah knows best.

My good man my reply wasnt aimed at you:) Only the first line for obvious reasons lol...
I was just saying in general...
And yeah
Allahualim - Allah Knows best

And welcome to the forums! See you around

islam_kurdi
12-24-2007, 11:34 PM
lol...my bad bro...

Mysterious Uk
12-24-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm so greatful for this post, recently i've been reading a lot about jinn and shaytan and it scared the hell outta me, i'm less scared now.

Ashjan
12-26-2007, 09:42 AM
hello brothers and sisters what all of you said is right and once i watched a program about jinn and i got freaked out even my bigger sisters and brothers but then i said in mind as i was going to sleep there is nothing to be afraid of if you beleive in allah and muhammed (pbuh)so then i read QURAN and wallah i wasent scared anymore then the next day we watched another program about it and it said that so people that have no much fath in allah they have nightmares about jinn and they showed pictures of them andthis what freaked every one out is that they said that humans can get married to jinn in there but for real so that every time they sleep they see the jin that thy are arried to and they showed us a person wanted to sleep early so they can see the jinny but i didnt get scared coz nothing has ever happed to me like this or any of my family and coz of course coz i belevie in allah and no one in this world can stop me from being a good muslim no matter what and i am sure that anyother mislim whould say that.

Ashjan
12-26-2007, 09:47 AM
hello brothers and sisters what all of you said is right and once i watched a program about jinn and i got freaked out even my bigger sisters and brothers but then i said in mind as i was going to sleep there is nothing to be afraid of if you beleive in allah and muhammed (pbuh)so then i read QURAN and wallah i wasent scared anymore then the next day we watched another program about it and it said that so people that have no much fath in allah they have nightmares about jinn and they showed pictures of them and this what freaked every one out is that they said that humans can get married to jinn in there dreams but for real so that every time they sleep they see the jin that they are married to and they showed us a person wanted to sleep early so they can see the jinny but i didnt get scared coz nothing has ever happed to me like this or any of my family and coz of course coz i belevie in allah and no one in this world can stop me from being a good muslim no matter what and i am sure that anyother mislim whould say that.

saj1985
12-30-2007, 01:00 PM
i think the problem with people getting scared is that there is a simple lack of knowledge!

The jinns used to be scared of muslims but because the muslims have now gone so into the duniya (world & materials) the jinns now realise that the muslims are scared of them, with time the tables have turned!

jinns are like humans in a sense where you get a group of men bullying one man, you could get a group of jinns bullying one human.

so yes you can be possesed by them!
jinns can take different forms,
they have strength, very powerful, have long lifes.

adeeb
12-30-2007, 01:14 PM
there is no need to be afraid of jinn... jinns are Allah's creation... so ask protection from Allah from them...

i used to be afraid of jinn, but now not anymore, coz i fell Allah always watch and protect me all the time... the jinn act always with Allah's permission, so what to be afraid of??

jinn wants to know whether our emaan to Allah is pure or not, like test us, do we really believe there is Allah, Our God...

Mysterious Uk
12-30-2007, 01:25 PM
I agree with saj1985, it is a lack of knolwedge that scares people. There are so many scary stories, films and programmes about jinn and stuff. Stuff like that is spread around to people soooooo easily but when it comes down to the actual knowledge- that there are angels to protect us from jinn etc, people just don't know.

saj1985
12-30-2007, 01:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Uk
I agree with saj1985, it is a lack of knolwedge that scares people. There are so many scary stories, films and programmes about jinn and stuff. Stuff like that is spread around to people soooooo easily but when it comes down to the actual knowledge- that there are angels to protect us from jinn etc, people just don't know.
you know when you say 'stories' that sums it all up for me,
even if the 'story' is true by the time you hear about it there has been so much added to it,
its blatant chinease whispers!

i personally think its this chinease whispers that freak people out!

just remember even if something happened to you because a jinn,
its because Allah let it happen.

GOOD and BAD is from Allah, as a muslim that is your AQEEDAH (belief)

iwuvaziaf
12-30-2007, 02:10 PM
hmm.. wota great post.. Jazakallah Qatada..

Since we are all sharing..

my grandad (after marriage) used to have a woman following him around wherever he went.. but coz he used to work on the fields he always carried an axe on his shoulder which is why everyone reckons she never came close to grandad.. She helped me out on the fields for years and would never leave him alone.. She would only join him once he would go out to work.. He always asked her to leave him alone and she always requested for him to remove the axe from his shoulder just once.. One day, out of frustration he threw the axe at her, telling her to leave him alone but before the axe could hit her, she jumped so high, landing on the top of the hill.. The last thing she sed to him before her permanent disappearance was "I am leaving you today but your coming generation will remember me"...

Who / what was she? We have faced so much as a family.. like my uncle was later possessed which led to deterioration of his health and eventually death.. imsad

Makes me think... hmm..

Can someone possibly post recommended surahs for protection from Jinns?

Salamaleykum

adeeb
12-30-2007, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iwuvaziaf

my grandad (after marriage) used to have a woman following him around wherever he went.. but coz he used to work on the fields he always carried an axe on his shoulder which is why everyone reckons she never came close to grandad.. She helped me out on the fields for years and would never leave him alone.. She would only join him once he would go out to work.. He always asked her to leave him alone and she always requested for him to remove the axe from his shoulder just once.. One day, out of frustration he threw the axe at her, telling her to leave him alone but before the axe could hit her, she jumped so high, landing on the top of the hill.. The last thing she sed to him before her permanent disappearance was "I am leaving you today but your coming generation will remember me"...

Who / what was she? We have faced so much as a family.. like my uncle was later possessed which led to deterioration of his health and eventually death.. imsad

Makes me think... hmm..

Salamaleykum
as long as u near with Allah (i mean you are piety and do good deeds) and after ask for protection from Allah..you have nothing to be worried about...:sunny:

saj1985
12-30-2007, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iwuvaziaf

my grandad (after marriage) used to have a woman following him around wherever he went.. but coz he used to work on the fields he always carried an axe on his shoulder which is why everyone reckons she never came close to grandad.. She helped me out on the fields for years and would never leave him alone.. She would only join him once he would go out to work.. He always asked her to leave him alone and she always requested for him to remove the axe from his shoulder just once.. One day, out of frustration he threw the axe at her, telling her to leave him alone but before the axe could hit her, she jumped so high, landing on the top of the hill.. The last thing she sed to him before her permanent disappearance was "I am leaving you today but your p.s coming generation will remember me"...

Makes me think... hmm..

Salamaleykum
i spoke to a scholar once (maulana, hes a principal of one of the daru looms in england), hes quiet a close friend of mine now,
he comes from a very pious family,
his father is a shaykh ul hadith (well known throughout england, india and africa),
1 brother is a scholar (maulana), and
the other is a mufti (maulana whose basically a specialist in a certain department)

anyways i asked him about jinns, and when i asked him,
he started laughing saying 'don't get slapped by one',
(me like an idiot started laughing lol!)
and he mentioned quiet a few things about them.

anyways i asked him if hes seen one,
he said hes seen them because his father used to do exorcisms,
but he has stopped now because hes old and to do so you need to be phsyically strong (also mentally/emotionally/spiritually strong),
but he also mentioned this that if it goes wrong, the jinn can haunt you and your generations to come, i mention this only because i notice you mentioned about the post about the generations.

p.s also you need be aware that black magic is a common thing these days.

pray these....
the last verses of surah al baqara (the cow - chapter 2),
pray at night and no shaytaan can enter your house,
also have ayat ul kursi at front and back door,
pray ayat ul kursi at night and the quls, durood shariff and all your kalima,
inshallah with the will of allah you'll see and feel the difference

try and get a hold of kitaab called manzil,
pray it every morning and night,
its got different quranic surahs and ayats in it, including ayat ul kursi,
is very beneficial for protection,
hope this helps you.

saj1985
12-30-2007, 04:22 PM
http://ibnayyub.wordpress.com/2007/0...-and-the-like/

hey i just found this link, download this ebook, its an electronic book of the manzil kitaab i just mentioned in the earlier post.
its from fisahbillah publications who are based in leicester who distribute leaflets/books and ebooks (electronic books) about islam,
a well trusted source.

btw its got an introduction at the start explaining what the kitaab is about.
its got arabic with transliteration in england and translation in english

pray morning and night, hope this helps,
remember me in your duas. :D

umar113
12-31-2007, 05:05 AM
all i know is that HUMANS are the BEST creatures that Allah (SWT) has created and the ANGELS AND THE JINNS were COMMANDED to bow down to him (Adam)

im pretty sure that there must be something that humans equal out in the jinn.

you know what i mean??

ummzayd
01-01-2008, 07:53 AM

It seems to me that it is the people who are fascinated and scared and excited by the 'other world' who are bothered by these creatures. I believe the 'other world' should remain 'other' and would ignore or dismiss any silly things like moving shadows or lights going on and off or whatever. 99.9% of the time there is a practical explanation. And amazingly, considering how rampant jinni are, I am absolutely certain that I have never had an encounter with one, not even close.

It's a terrible shame how people would sit around at night time trying to scare each other to death with stories (whether real or not) about jinn. End result = terrified Muslims, whose belief in God is adversely affected, because somehow they don't feel safe even after reciting qur'an and duaa.

so my advice is, have faith in Allah swt that He is your powerful protecter, recite the duaas of protection, and very importantly - don't repeat stories whose only purpose is to scare people.

iwuvaziaf
01-02-2008, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by saj1985
http://ibnayyub.wordpress.com/2007/0...-and-the-like/

hey i just found this link, download this ebook, its an electronic book of the manzil kitaab i just mentioned in the earlier post.
its from fisahbillah publications who are based in leicester who distribute leaflets/books and ebooks (electronic books) about islam,
a well trusted source.

btw its got an introduction at the start explaining what the kitaab is about.
its got arabic with transliteration in england and translation in english

pray morning and night, hope this helps,
remember me in your duas. :D
jazakallah bruv.. its weird but through my days of jahiliyyah, i was so active and ambitious.. out to succeed! but since i started practising.. this feeling has dawned over me.. i am burdened by something.. i cant understand.. anyhow, jazakallah for the link.. We can only ask Him for protection..

please make dua for me and my family.. as I will for all those who have helped me on my path..

Salamaleykum

m123
01-03-2008, 11:36 PM
assalamu alaykhum,

i found this thread interesting and just wanted to ask a question inshallah, i've been told that for every person created there is a companion jinn with them through out there live, can some one please provide me with the daleel of the matter if possible and if one was to practise islam would that encourage the companion to do so too?

- Qatada -
01-04-2008, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by m123
assalamu alaykhum,

i found this thread interesting and just wanted to ask a question inshallah, i've been told that for every person created there is a companion jinn with them through out there live, can some one please provide me with the daleel of the matter if possible and if one was to practise islam would that encourage the companion to do so too?

:wasalamex

Ibn Mas’ood said: “The Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘There is not one of you who does not have a jinn appointed to be his constant companion.’ They said, ‘And you too, O Messenger of Allaah?’ He said, ‘Me too, but Allaah has helped me and he has submitted, so that he only helps me to do good.’” (Reported by Muslim, 2814). Al-Nawawi said in his commentary on Muslim (17/175):

“‘He has submitted’ … he became a believing Muslim. This is the apparent meaning. Al-Qaadi said: Know that the ummah is agreed upon the fact that the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was protected from Shaytaan, physically and mentally, and with regard to his speech. This hadeeth contains a reference to the warning against the fitnah (temptation, trial) and whispers of the qareen (constant companion from among the jinn). We know that he is with us so we should beware of him as much as possible.”

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...eng&txt=qareen

Do jinn help humans in some ways?

m123
01-04-2008, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘There is not one of you who does not have a jinn appointed to be his constant companion.’ They said, ‘And you too, O Messenger of Allaah?’ He said, ‘Me too, but Allaah has helped me and he has submitted, so that he only helps me to do good.’” (Reported by Muslim, 2814). Al-Nawawi said in his commentary on Muslim (17/175):

“‘He has submitted’ … he became a believing Muslim. This is the apparent meaning. Al-Qaadi said: Know that the ummah is agreed upon the fact that the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was protected from Shaytaan, physically and mentally, and with regard to his speech. This hadeeth contains a reference to the warning against the fitnah (temptation, trial) and whispers of the qareen (constant companion from among the jinn). We know that he is with us so we should beware of him as much as possible.”

assalamu alaykhum,
jazakhallahu kheir.

The_Prince
01-04-2008, 11:07 PM
well just an hour ago i went with a friend to a very dark place with lots of dead looking thorny trees, and i walked straight into the middle of it....my friend wouldnt go with me, he just stayed in the car lol............i was hoping to hear something....i heard nothing and saw nothing strange :(

MaiCarInMtl
01-06-2008, 09:06 PM

How does one find out if they were assigned a good jinn?

Also, can someone please explain to me how it is at all possible for someone to marry a jinn? I always thought they basically lived in another plain of existence and can sometimes cross over onto our side. So how is it possible to marry one? And why would someone want to marry one?

- Qatada -
01-06-2008, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl
How does one find out if they were assigned a good jinn?

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) had a qareen also, however - this one became Muslim, according to the explanation mentioned earlier. We cannot say ours has become good or Muslim, since this is our trial as believers. The Prophet is protected because it is his duty to convey the message, so he is protected from error by the Mercy of Allah.

Also, can someone please explain to me how it is at all possible for someone to marry a jinn? I always thought they basically lived in another plain of existence and can sometimes cross over onto our side. So how is it possible to marry one? And why would someone want to marry one?

You might find this link helpful inshaAllah:

http://www.islamonline.net/fatwa/eng...FatwaID=112500

MaiCarInMtl
01-06-2008, 09:31 PM
The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) had a qareen also, however - this one became Muslim, according to the explanation mentioned earlier. We cannot say ours has become good or Muslim, since this is our trial as believers. The Prophet is protected because it is his duty to convey the message, so he is protected from error by the Mercy of Allah.

You might find this link helpful inshaAllah:

http://www.islamonline.net/fatwa/eng...FatwaID=112500
Thank you Qatada, I find this topic very interesting and I must say I agree with the main point made in the link you provided: to chose a mate of the same kind.

- Qatada -
01-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Yeah, that's the best and probably most safest option. :)

Peace.

Mikayeel
01-06-2008, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
I have always been very pragmatic and thought there was a hijab between us and the Jinns, never really believed the stories of possessions and I am not sure still that people can in fact be possessed..
I find that areas where superstition is abound, folks will blame natural phenomnon or anything they can't explain on 'jinn'

However, my two year old niece was acting very strange for several months .. I deemed it as a phase, but it is was unlike her, she was very playful and loves people, loves going out.. in the beginning I thought it an illness but there was nothing physically wrong with her...

Sometimes she'd point and say 'look... baby!' at absolutely nothing...sometimes she'd stand in front of the mirror and say 'come back baby' Many times as we wheel her out she'd cover both her eyes or start crying... one time I was putting her to sleep and she pointed her finger and asked who is that, and it terrfied me, there was only me and her..

I started telling her it is cartoon, it is her imagination, or yell at her there is no one in there and bang on the empty wall where she is staring... but she is only two.. I hope it sorts itself out and life can get back to normal insha'Allah

dear sis i never used to believe in stories of people being possed till i actually expierenced one, when a sheik was reading to my aunty(she is a good muslims mashallah) and she spoke in a different voice started abusing islam!(it wasnt actually her but it the jihn) i would believe this unless i have seen, and which i have! i was to scared to do anything for a whole month!, peace

truemuslim
01-11-2008, 10:47 PM
i still cant believe jinn possesion unless i see it... its not one of those things u CAN believe that easy... oh well, even if it is true and i see it wit my own eyes its not scary, nothing is scary... at all...i dunt fear anything at all but allah, he will protect us from them if we fear him only not them

Thought
01-13-2008, 02:05 PM
interesting topic, i was just having a discussion on a dutch forum about this. djazakallah fot the topic

krypton6
01-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Lol its kind of stupid to be scared of them. Young men fight against imperialists everyday, people die of hunger everyday, and many are afraid of not being able to give a propper meal to their children.

How can you be afraid of jins, some beings that cannot harm you in anyway nor can see you or you can see! Its just ridiculous I'm afraid.

------
01-13-2008, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by krypton6
Lol its kind of stupid to be scared of them. Young men fight against imperialists everyday, people die of hunger everyday, and many are afraid of not being able to give a propper meal to their children.

How can you be afraid of jins, some beings that cannot harm you in anyway nor can see you or you can see! Its just ridiculous I'm afraid.

No, it’s not ‘ridiculous’ If you see a person that is possessed, it scares the shyt out of you. :-\

krypton6
01-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Possessed? I dont believe in jins being able to posses a person! It trully quite simply is ridiculous, its equal to being afraid a fish, only a fish is seeable and a jin is not making the jin-phobia even more ridiculous.

------
01-13-2008, 02:24 PM

Jinns can possess people. It's true. Whether u want to act ignorant or believe the truth, thats up to you.

krypton6
01-13-2008, 02:25 PM
LOL how may I ask? Do they go inside your mind and replace your soul with their own? Why would a jin need your body? It has its own body!

------
01-13-2008, 02:30 PM

Can Jinn Really Possess People?

can a jinn or satan possess a human body?

The World of the Jinn - The ability to possess and take over the minds and bodies of other creatures is also a power which the Jinn have utilised greatly over the centuries.

Amat Allah
01-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Alsalamo Alikom

muslimes jin are existe .

do not be afraid ,they will never harm you

if you lay hold of diker and

The Noble Qura`an

they will never lay a finger on you

in shaa Allah

you are much stronger than them

do you know that Jin fear human

and they are like afive years old child?

they are very weak.

krypton6
01-13-2008, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

Can Jinn Really Possess People?

can a jinn or satan possess a human body?

The World of the Jinn - The ability to possess and take over the minds and bodies of other creatures is also a power which the Jinn have utilised greatly over the centuries.

Sorry for my language but there is no better word to describe my opinion regarding jins being able to posses humans than the word; Bull****!

I have NEVER EVER heard of a person who has bin taken down by a jin. People who claim to have bin possesed by jins are what I call 'crazy'.

May I ask how you remove the jin from a possesed body?

------
01-13-2008, 02:47 PM

Yeh u may.

If we look at the practice of the Prophet and his companions, we find many duas (supplications) to exorcise the Jinn. All these duas invoke Allah to help the possessed person. How contrary this is to many modern-day exorcists. Many exorcists, Muslim and non-Muslim, often invoke the names of others besides Allah to exorcise the Jinn[5]. When the Jinn does leave, these people believe that their way was successful. However, this is a ploy of the Jinn, as it knows that if it obeys the exorcist, then it has succeeded in making him worship others besides Allah i.e. commit shirk. The Jinn often returns when the exorcist leaves, as it knows that nothing except the words of Allah can stop it from oppressing others.
http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa/belief/jinn.html

krypton6
01-13-2008, 02:53 PM
LOL I dont know what to say really...

God created jins and humans on the same planet but in different worlds, separate from each other, there is a barrier preventing them from entering our world and a barrier preventing us from entering theirs.

The duas supposedly practiced by the prophet were either misundestood, taken out of context or were ment to be used agaisnt black magic, something that existed long time ago but is very rare today.

------
01-13-2008, 03:01 PM
LOL I dont know what to say really...

God created jins and humans on the same planet but in different worlds, separate from each other, there is a barrier preventing them from entering our world and a barrier preventing us from entering theirs.

The duas supposedly practiced by the prophet were either misundestood, taken out of context or were ment to be used agaisnt black magic, something that existed long time ago but is very rare today.

It isn't rare. It happens.

Mikayeel
01-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Possessed? I dont believe in jins being able to posses a person! It trully quite simply is ridiculous, its equal to being afraid a fish, only a fish is seeable and a jin is not making the jin-phobia even more ridiculous.
brother it is true!, seriously its very very scary if u have witnessed it.. something u will never forget

black magic and all that stuff isnt rare at all. it happens SOOOO much!

krypton6
01-15-2008, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamada
brother it is true!, seriously its very very scary if u have witnessed it.. something u will never forget

black magic and all that stuff isnt rare at all. it happens SOOOO much!
Well I can imagine it to be scary but I do not believe in jins being able to posses a human body. How and why can jins just "hop" worlds while we cannot? Why would allah allow them to enter a world that is not their own?

I have never heard of black magic, nor do I believe in it. I only believe that it used to exist long time ago. Black magic has never bin scientifically prooven, and I have never personally met a black magic victim so why should I believe i it? I dont believe in what cannot be prooven by science!

Mikayeel
01-15-2008, 04:46 PM
magic is mentioned in the quran!? and the quran is a book for all time i think thats enough proof:), i put it that way, i way heard a jihn speak through a person he had possed!, and i swear to god i was like u saying its impossible, till the moment u hear a male voice(DEEP VOICE) cuming from a women..... salam:)

krypton6
01-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Magic is mentioned in the quran, magic exists but it is very very very very rare.
Only the most evil persons on this earth can gain enough help from the satans.

The woman you heard was probably just sick; Once or twice a year I become very sick, and when it hapends I am scared of everything and anything, my father scares me and my mother does too. I talk and yell for no reason, and get very uncomfortable and indescribable fealings, thoughts and reactions.

Mikayeel
01-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Magic is mentioned in the quran, magic exists but it is very very very very rare.
Only the most evil persons on this earth can gain enough help from the satans.

The woman you heard was probably just sick; Once or twice a year I become very sick, and when it hapends I am scared of everything and anything, my father scares me and my mother does too. I talk and yell for no reason, and get very uncomfortable and indescribable fealings, thoughts and reactions.
that women was mine aunty:) and a sheikh was reading quran to her, and while she was in that state she cursed the kabbah! and she is mashallah a very pious women. it take more than being ill to curse the kabbah.. and the jihn inside her was telling the seikh to stop reading quran because it is burning him etc... if u want to her hear it all just say..
soo many people are ill and doctors dont have a clue what it is.. many cases tat could be an evil eye/ or magic but no one even thinks about soo really it does occur alot!
salam:)

krypton6
01-15-2008, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
The existance of Allah hasn't been proven by science...yet, you're still a muslim?
For me it has bin proven. The screen in front of you and me did not create itself, it was created by its creator. I see the screen, its functions and how it works and from there I conclude that it could not have created itself. I see the universe around me, its functions and its system and from there I conclude that it too did not create itself. Something indescribably intelligent must have created this universe, we call that "something" for Allah.

Atheists believe that the universe created itself or that it has always existed, I believe that Allah has always existed, I would rather believe that something indescribably intelligent has always existed and has created this universe, that believing that the lifeless universe could have created itself.

At the bottom line atheists and religious people both believe that something must have always existed, I believe THAT something to be God, A intelligent "thing" (rather than believing that a lifeless universe could have created itself.). Also I know what the universe is, and I see it and from there I can conclude that it could not have created itself being the lifeless universe that it is, god on the other hand I do not know what is so I cannot disprove him. The only thing I know about god is that it must exist, how I do not know for I do not know what it is!

Why do you believe this? Why would the art of black magic suddenly cease to exist?

Our prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, was himself also afflicted by magic.
Because I have never heard of seen any of it, none of it has bin recorded, and none of it has bin proven.

I dont believe that a human evil enough to be able to use magic exists today.
The "evil" people of our times are the ones who are addicted to life, in the past there was no life to addict yourself to so the evil people of the past were trully evil people who's intentions were to harm people as much as possible, and harm god as much as possible which is why the satans helped them.

krypton6
01-15-2008, 05:31 PM
I apologize regarding my a bit confusing text (god part).

Souljette
01-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Salamualikum, No offense but bro krypton6...i'm completely baffled by the things you are saying..apparantly you haven't seen someone possessed or you wouldn't say these things...I have lost an aunt and baby cuzin because of this possession...one of the pillars of Islam is believing in jinns and angels and everything that Allah (S.W.T) has created..you say that you don't believe anything that is not proven by science....Allah(S.W.T) created science and science is explained in the Quran long time before scientists figured it out...One thing about is Islam is being open-minded to analyse things ...if it was one story about jinn possession then you not believing it is understandable b ut when many people in different parts of the world talk about jinn possession how can you just shrug it off like it was a bad cough or something..specially when its sooo close to home..when people are talkin about being possessed and telling their stories..i would think the same if it didn't happen so close to home..Allahu alaam.

piXie
01-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Because I have never heard of seen any of it, none of it has bin recorded, and none of it has bin proven.
Its been recorded n proven in the Qur'an and in the Hadith. That should be enough for us if we believe in Allah.

I dont believe that a human evil enough to be able to use magic exists today.
Brother, If there was no magic today then Allah and His Messenger :arabic5: would not have told us to read the Qul every morning and evening:

Surah Al Ikhlaas, Surah Al Falaq, and Surah An-Naas.

These intructions have been given to us, the Ummah of Rasool Allah :arabic5: for all times. The Quran and Hadith have been left to us to abide by for all times.

Every morning and evening in Surah Al Falaq, verse 4 we read, "wa min sharrin nafaasaati fil uqad"

"from the evil of the witches who BLOW into the knots."

That is magic, and magic exists today. If it didn't exist today, that verse wouldn't be relevant anymore, and not needed. Now how can a verse of the Qur'an not be needed? The Quran is a complete guide for us, an instruction manual, to protect us and give us success, can u imagine its verses expiring and going out of date? If we believe that magic can't exist today and that people are good, then automatically we are believing this verse has expired.

The "evil" people of our times are the ones who are addicted to life, in the past there was no life to addict yourself to so the evil people of the past were trully evil people who's intentions were to harm people as much as possible
Brother the people who are addicted to life are the people who don't want to return to Allah. If you look back into history and go through the verses of the Qur'an, you will find that people like that existed before too. They were addicted to life. Many of them knew that if they return to Allah they would be screwed for all the evil they had done. They performed magic, which Allah has put on this world as a test. They knew that the one to perform this dark art would never go to heaven. But they went by their desires and didn't care, they sold their souls to the shaytaan, do u think they were eager to return to Allah after that? Ofcourse not, they wanted to live forever. And people like that exist today too. How can they not?

Have all the people started fearing Allah today? Do all the people love one another today? Do they control their desires and anger and jealousy's today? No they don't brother, many people when they get angry they want to harm. Many people when they get jealous they desire the person they are jealous of be destroyed.There are many people NOWADAYS, uneducated and immoral, who don't fear Allah, who have sold their souls for the duniya, and will do anything to satisfy their desires and emotions. So what will stop them from using Magic? Tis cool, they say!

And if Jinns still exist (which they do because the shaytaan still exists and he is a jinn) what garantee or proof can we give that magic does not exist?

Magic exists today, the evil eye exists today, the Jinns exist today, the Shaytaans exist today, just because we haven't see it, doesn't mean they don't exist today!

n If we believe that people are not evil enough to use this magic, n get the Jinns to assist them, then we are being very innocent and just don't know what goes on in the world.

and harm God as much as possible which is why the satans helped them.
No one is able to harm God. Allah says If we do wrong, we only harm ourselves.

truemuslim
01-15-2008, 07:33 PM
...welcome brother...to my group...lol

Mikayeel
01-15-2008, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
...welcome brother...to my group...lol
oooh noo! not u aswell truemuslim.... u dnt believe in it either??:heated:

truemuslim
01-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Sorry for my language but there is no better word to describe my opinion regarding jins being able to posses humans than the word; Bull****!

I have NEVER EVER heard of a person who has bin taken down by a jin. People who claim to have bin possesed by jins are what I call 'crazy'.

lol yeah.. so u are just born and a jinnn gets in ur body and and makes u do all haram...then leaves right when u about to die then u go to hell..:mmokay:

kinda like those ppl who others think got jin in them so they take the person...make em lie down...one person steps on there belly FULL WIEGHT and push.. and the other person chokes them...and FINALLY they GET THE JINN OUT!!...of course they get the person out too...:giggling:

truemuslim
01-15-2008, 07:38 PM
oooh noo! not u aswell truemuslim.... u dnt believe in it either??:heated:
i believe it... i just dont believe they can take someones body... unless of course it comes and i see it.

after all there can be a jinn talking to u right now...me...hahahahha MUAHAHAHHA

see hamada.. i a jinn talkin to u. not a muslim one either... i a jin a jin muahahahhahaha... so what shud i do wit this body...?

truemuslim
01-15-2008, 07:45 PM
y'all are scared now aintu

Mikayeel
01-15-2008, 07:45 PM
i believe it... i just dont believe they can take someones body... unless of course it comes and i see it.

after all there can be a jinn talking to u right now...me...hahahahha MUAHAHAHHA

see hamada.. i a jinn talkin to u. not a muslim one either... i a jin a jin muahahahhahaha... so what shud i do wit this body...?
loooool:Evil: oke lissen, here is a guy possed by a jihn look at it... something like that i have seen in real life

(and this is not an act) its real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5C-V...ature=related( everyone who gets scared be aware!!!!)

salam:)

------
01-15-2008, 07:56 PM

Aren't Muslims supposed to believe in the Unseen?

truemuslim
01-15-2008, 07:56 PM
...hm...nice vid...k... so..if i do believe it can posses...which i never really denied much... i wouldnt fear it... it aint even scary...its just...hmm...whats that word...normal...u kno those ghost hunters? yah...a chair fell..so they called the cops and alll.. saying there a ghost...im like ...wth they talkin bout? oh did i mention it was outside?...i kno..

truemuslim
01-15-2008, 07:57 PM
i believe the 'unseen' and i 'belive' they posess... i just dunt believe its scary a single bit... what i think IS scary is 'Saw'... or final destination... *shivering* (fo real i am... its cold)

Souljette
01-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Lol..sis that's your point of view...i'm not scared of them either but everyone has their own fear...which they have to overcome..and its normal to have fear of sumthng..and to help people overcome we tell them to read surahs and everything..therez a solution for everything in the quran mashallah

krypton6
01-15-2008, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
Brother, If there was no magic today then Allah and His Messenger :arabic5: would not have told us to read the Qul every morning and evening:
Magic exists but magic firstly is not related to jins, nor is it a a commen thing. It is very very very rare, and only the most evil humans are capeable of doing some.

But they went by their desires and didn't care, they sold their souls to the shaytaan, do u think they were eager to return to Allah after that? Ofcourse not, they wanted to live forever. And people like that exist today too. How can they not?
No I have not heard or seen anyone that does not care about life but instead only cares about damaging islam and attempting to help satan.

There are many people NOWADAYS, uneducated and immoral, who don't fear Allah, who have sold their souls for the duniya, and will do anything to satisfy their desires and emotions. So what will stop them from using Magic? Tis cool, they say! ?
Who dont believe in god! Using magic is a very very very rare and unic evil ability and simple criminal is not capeable of using magic. Those rapers, murderes and thieves do not believe in god nor do they care a thing about god, they are to busy fulfilling their desires and their desires do not include harming islam and mankind as a whole. A person that uses magic is someone who believes in god, and hates god to the point where he or she is so evil that satans start helping him doing magic.

And if Jinns still exist (which they do because the shaytaan still exists and he is a jinn) what garantee or proof can we give that magic does not exist?
Magic itself can be done, but not by many in fact I do not believe that any on this planet in this age are evil enough to do it.

Magic exists today, the evil eye exists today, the Jinns exist today, the Shaytaans exist today, just because we haven't see it, doesn't mean they don't exist today!
Magic itself exists, the evil eye is very very very rare but probably exists in africa, Jinns exist but they do not posses humans, the shaytaans exist but they do not posses present humans.

The fact that I have not seen it nor heard of it makes it clear for me that it is either incredibly rare or that no humans alive are evil enough to gain the ability to do so.

No one is able to harm God. Allah says If we do wrong, we only harm ourselves.
God cannot be harmed, but his creations and creation can.

krypton6
01-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Despite what you think, magic DOES involve the use of jinn.

As for all this, where are you getting it from, bro? How do you know that magic is a rare ability?
I meant that magic in the first place does not involve the jins, it is the humans that have to take the greate step of becomming evil. It is not the jins themselfs that help humans gaining the ability of magic, it is the shayateens. Satans are jins but jins are not satans..

I believe that magic is rare simply because it has never bin trully recorded nor confirmed by any real schoolar, nor have I personally seen it or heard of it in action.

What do you mean exactly mean by magic?

krypton6
01-15-2008, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette
Salamualikum, No offense but bro krypton6...i'm completely baffled by the things you are saying..apparantly you haven't seen someone possessed or you wouldn't say these things...I have lost an aunt and baby cuzin because of this possession...one of the pillars of Islam is believing in jinns and angels and everything that Allah (S.W.T) has created..you say that you don't believe anything that is not proven by science....Allah(S.W.T) created science and science is explained in the Quran long time before scientists figured it out...One thing about is Islam is being open-minded to analyse things ...if it was one story about jinn possession then you not believing it is understandable b ut when many people in different parts of the world talk about jinn possession how can you just shrug it off like it was a bad cough or something..specially when its sooo close to home..when people are talkin about being possessed and telling their stories..i would think the same if it didn't happen so close to home..Allahu alaam.
No I have never seen anyone possessed, nor have I ever heard of any. How could your aunt and baby cuzin possibly have died as a result of pssession?

I believe in jinns and angels, but I do not believe that they are capeable of entering this world. God created two worlds on the same planet, one is for the jins one os for humans, now why would he allow them to enter a world they he did not create for them? How come jins can enter our world but we cannot enter theirs? Quite frankly anyone claiming to have bin possessed I would look down to, I just dont believe in jins being able to possess a human body. God created their world for them and our world for us! May I ask how one is possesed by a jin then?

krypton6
01-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Bro...many, mannnyyy scholars have talked on magic!
I dont know any

By magic, I don't mean something like an ugly witch flicking a wand that turns somebody into a toad, or anything fairy-taley like that...

Real magic is stuff like, for instance, where a person causes seperation between a married couple, or causes illnesses upon somebody, or make people lose their sanity, make them love somebody, make them lose blessings in wealth...stuff like that.
By magic I do not mean cursing a person and bringing a curse over him. THAT I do not believe in at all!

By magic I mean real magic where the human eye see's what is not infront of him, nothing actully hapends in reality but the magic is making the person blinded of the reality. By magic I mean real magic that you can see notice instantly such as vodoo or the reality blinding.

chacha_jalebi
01-15-2008, 08:47 PM
I dont know any

By magic I do not mean cursing a person and bringing a curse over him. THAT I do not believe in at all!

By magic I mean real magic where the human eye see's what is not infront of him, nothing actully hapends in reality but the magic is making the person blinded of the reality. By magic I mean real magic that you can see notice instantly such as vodoo or the reality blinding.
what stuff like the disappearing act? and abra ca dabraa??

krypton6
01-15-2008, 09:42 PM
I quoted to you sahih hadiths, one of which showing how the prophet, peace be upon him, was himself afflicted by black magic...why isn't that enough for you to believe?!
I'm not talking about what hapend 1400 years ago. 1400 years ago were different times with different people, since I have no idea what hadith it is that your talking about I'll exclude my opinion regarding "curs magic" 1400 years ago.

Mikayeel
01-15-2008, 10:26 PM
brother krypton6 what are you talking about?? u are confusing youre self and others... islam is islam! the saying of the quran are till the end of time so are the saying of our beloved prophet muhammed(may allah shower his peace and blessings upon him!) Magic is magic it exist if you agree or not... people get possessed if u want it or not... above are enough hadith to confirm that... and plus evil is caused by the jihn under the command of a human... i can confirm this by this aya.. 'And verily, there were men among mankind who took shelter with the males among the jinn, but they (jinn) increased them (mankind) in sin and transgression(5) surah al Jihn.

"And when there came to them a Messenger from Allah confirming what was with them, a party of those who were given the scripture threw away the book of Allah behind their backs as if they did not know. And they followed what the devils gave out falsely of magic of the reign of Solomon; for Solomon did not disbelieve but the devils disbelieved, teaching men magic and such things that came down at Babylon to the two angels Harut and Marut, but neither of these two (angles) taught anyone (such things) until they had said: we are only for trial, so don't disbelieve. And from them (magicians) people learn that through which they would cause separation between a person and his spouse, but they could not thus harm anyone except by Allah's leave; and they learn that which harms them rather than profits them. And indeed they knew that its practitioner would have no share in the Hereafter. And how bad indeed was that for which they sold their own selves if they but knew" (2:101-2).

read this ayah...

Salam 3alekum brother krypton6 this here is enough proof(read over the hadith given in this thread aswell).. its up to you to believe in the quran or not... if u choose not to please keep it to your self since you are causing confusing to the brothers/sisters here...
salam

krypton6
01-16-2008, 01:20 PM
brother krypton6 what are you talking about?? u are confusing youre self and others... islam is islam! the saying of the quran are till the end of time so are the saying of our beloved prophet muhammed! Magic is magic is exist if you agree or not... people get possessed if u want it or not... above are enough hadith to confirm that... and plus evil is caused by the jihn under the command of a human... i can confirm this by this aya.. 'And verily, there were men among mankind who took shelter with the males among the jinn, but they (jinn) increased them (mankind) in sin and transgression(5) surah al Jihn.

"And when there came to them a Messenger from Allah confirming what was with them, a party of those who were given the scripture threw away the book of Allah behind their backs as if they did not know. And they followed what the devils gave out falsely of magic of the reign of Solomon; for Solomon did not disbelieve but the devils disbelieved, teaching men magic and such things that came down at Babylon to the two angels Harut and Marut, but neither of these two (angles) taught anyone (such things) until they had said: we are only for trial, so don't disbelieve. And from them (magicians) people learn that through which they would cause separation between a person and his spouse, but they could not thus harm anyone except by Allah's leave; and they learn that which harms them rather than profits them. And indeed they knew that its practitioner would have no share in the Hereafter. And how bad indeed was that for which they sold their own selves if they but knew" (2:101-2).

read this ayah...

Salam 3alekum brother krypton6 this here is enough proof(read over the hadith given in this thread aswell).. its up to you to believe in the quran or not... if u choose not to please keep it to your self since you are causing confusing to the brothers/sisters here...
salam
Islam is Islam, but the society changes. Magic itself exists but the people who are evil enough to use magic are not many, infact they either do not exist in this age or are very rare. Regarding jins I do not believe that they can posses a human body, and the verse you gave me doe sin no way prove your point.

------
01-16-2008, 01:27 PM

I'm not talking about what hapend 1400 years ago. 1400 years ago were different times with different people,
Islam hasn't changed. The sooner you accept that, the better. And just because magic was done by evil people before, you have no proof that people aren't evil today. They don't have to publicise magic when doing it.

krypton6
01-16-2008, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

Islam hasn't changed. The sooner you accept that, the better. And just because magic was done by evil people before, you have no proof that people aren't evil today. They don't have to publicise magic when doing it.
I never claimed that Islam has ever changed, islam has not changed but our culture and society has greatly.

Being different or sick Today is often related to being evil, but the evil person that I considere for being evil is a lonely, smart individual who is not after the pleasur of life but instead only and purely after causing damage to god and making god angry, and I do not really believe that such human exists today.

truemuslim
01-16-2008, 08:29 PM
o lol btw hamada that link u gave me is hilarius if u think of it in a diff way... its a sleepin guy...who is having a nightmare lol and other ppl are watching him trying to hold there laughter...lol me... and another guy is reading quraan...the only guy who knows what he doing..lol

chacha_jalebi
01-16-2008, 08:54 PM
in magic jinns are involved and some of them can overtake mandems thats what i believe, some people say no and some say yesh,

in Surah Al-Anaam V128 it says

"And on the Day when He will gather them (all) together (and say): "O you assembly of jinns! Many did you mislead of men,"

so how else could jinns mislead men?

and they are used in magic

Hadith - Al-Bukhari 7.657, Narrated 'Aisha (ra)
Some people asked Allah's Apostle (saaws) about the foretellers. He said. -They are nothing." They said, -O Allah's Apostle! Sometimes they tell us of a thing which turns out to be true." Allah's Apostle said, "A Jinn snatches that true word and pours it into the ear of his friend (the foreteller) (as one puts something into a bottle). The foreteller then mixes with that word one hundred lies."

thats why the hadiths about how the angels hit the jinns with shootin stars when they go up to the heavens and try to hear whats goin on, they go and tell the magic doin weirdos

point proven

1-0 to mee :D

truemuslim
01-16-2008, 08:59 PM
i hope u aint talkin to me... r u? ... cuz i never said anything against jinn... or regretting it/....oh well...allah alim

chacha_jalebi
01-16-2008, 09:04 PM
i hope u aint talkin to me
wohh is that a threat loqq

anyway naa me wasnt talking to you sister :D

so dont ya worryy

truemuslim
01-16-2008, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
wohh is that a threat loqq

anyway naa me wasnt talking to you sister :D

so dont ya worryy
no its not a threat now u talk to me like that again and i will mess u up..lol jk now thats a threat... i was askin.lol.. and good. :w:

Mikayeel
01-16-2008, 09:50 PM
o lol btw hamada that link u gave me is hilarius if u think of it in a diff way... its a sleepin guy...who is having a nightmare lol and other ppl are watching him trying to hold there laughter...lol me... and another guy is reading quraan...the only guy who knows what he doing..lol
salam 3alekum... loool hahah, am glad u see the funny side of it :okay: i wish i could see it that amusing

truemuslim
01-16-2008, 09:54 PM
salam 3alekum... loool hahah, am glad u see the funny side of it :okay: i wish i could see it that amusing
lol i turn anything funny.lol..i laugh too much dunt i..hehe..its a guy sitting...making his leg move all wierd..and his body..and people lookin at him..and a dude reading quraan... and the wierd guy is asleep...looks like it... so how do u NOT find that funny? lol i was laughing wen it juss started .lol watch it again and u llaugh.lol

chacha_jalebi
01-16-2008, 09:57 PM
cough cough, im not a mod in this section

but still a mod :D

lets try not to go off topic

truemuslim
01-16-2008, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
cough cough, im not a mod in this section

but still a mod :D

lets try not to go off topic
:okay: lol u a mod..what section u in?

makes it wierd having too much mods... its all...:thumbs_do

lol jk... not reallly..

anyway back on topic... JINN

Mikayeel
01-16-2008, 10:12 PM
salaam, ye i think this can be closed down now,, it ended up being a debate between Muslims sadly:( and we got the point of not being scared of jihns:) salaam 3alekum wa rahmat allah wa barakatahu

al Amaanah
01-16-2008, 10:37 PM
if ure scared of a jinn, just remember (I do) that its something that Allah has created, why should u be scared of a creature? (even though it can be scary)

chacha_jalebi
01-17-2008, 05:35 PM
dont be scared of jinns!! be scared of robbers there more likely to attack:D

chacha_jalebi
01-17-2008, 05:42 PM
dont be scared of jinns!! be scared of robbers there more likely to attack:D

truemuslim
01-17-2008, 05:49 PM
i gotta question.... if they say that humans are more greater than jinn, then how come we cant see or posess them but they can do anything to us? doesnt that make THEM more powerful?

Mikayeel
01-17-2008, 06:25 PM
we are more powerufull and we are a greater creation than they are, and they are fully aware of this.. there is a barrier between them and us! we cant see them in their actuall form because they look to bizarre for us to be able to handle it( thats how we are created, a human will freak out:P if he sees one) and they on the other hand can see us normally.... thats ALLAHS wisdom..

so dont go tryin posses a jihn now oke:)
salam

truemuslim
01-17-2008, 07:51 PM
we are more powerufull and we are a greater creation than they are, and they are fully aware of this.. there is a barrier between them and us! we cant see them in their actuall form because they look to bizarre for us to be able to handle it( thats how we are created, a human will freak out:P if he sees one) and they on the other hand can see us normally.... thats ALLAHS wisdom..

so dont go tryin posses a jihn now oke:)
salam

bold: LOL i never said i would...lol..

continued...so we are only more 'powerful' than them by the look? that dont make them worse than them at all...

and im sure they arent that ugly...u kno? prolly juss like those dementors on harry potter...lol

umar113
01-18-2008, 02:32 AM
humans are the best creations. all the JINNS AND ANGELS were made to bow down to human. thats amazing, subhanallah.

truemuslim
01-18-2008, 02:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umar113
humans are the best creations. all the JINNS AND ANGELS were made to bow down to human. thats amazing, subhanallah.
we aint better than angles.......

are we?

:uuh:

Z-Blade
01-18-2008, 03:23 PM
:sl:,

I used to be scared of Jinns long time ago, but now it just seems silly to be scared of them since everything happens by Allah's Will anyway :'). La 7awla wala quwwata illa billah (no ability or force without Allah).

we aint better than angles.......

are we?

:uuh:
We can be better than angels if we be really good Muslims as far as I know, since the angels as well as Iblis were told to bow down to Adam (AS). It's because we worship Allah according to the will He has given us, whereas angels do this no matter what - they have no will. So we can be better than angels or lower than animals (i.e. not be Muslim) by our will. And Allah knows best.

May Allah strengthen our Emaan, Ameen!

Wassalam.

truemuslim
01-18-2008, 07:53 PM
^^^ o...

back to my question... so we are only better than jinn by the look? and someone here just said that jinn and angels are to bow down to us...arent jinn supposed to bow to allah too?...

Z-Blade
01-19-2008, 12:29 AM
^^^ o...

back to my question... so we are only better than jinn by the look? and someone here just said that jinn and angels are to bow down to us...arent jinn supposed to bow to allah too?...

Yeah you're right that Jinns are meant to bow down to Allah and they have free will like us. I think Iblis was an exception to this as the way he was serving Allah was like the angels, and Adam (AS) was a prophet and the first human, waAllahu 'Alim.

Here's the relevant part from Tafsir Ibn Kathir:

Honoring Adam when the Angels prostrated before HimThis Ayah mentions the great honor that Allah granted Adam, and Allah reminded Adam's offspring of this fact. Allah commanded the angels to prostrate before Adam, as this Ayah and many Hadiths testify, such as the Hadith about the intercession that we discussed. There is a Hadith about the supplication of Musa, "O my Lord! Show me Adam who caused us and himself to be thrown out of Paradise.'' When Musa met Adam, he said to him, "Are you Adam whom Allah created with His Own Hands, blew life into and commanded the angels to prostrate before'' Iblis was among Those ordered to prostrate before Adam, although He was not an Angel

When Allah commanded the angels to prostrate before Adam, Iblis was included in this command. Although Iblis was not an angel, he was trying - and pretending - to imitate the angels' behavior and deeds, and this is why he was also included in the command to the angels to prostrate before Adam. Satan was criticized for defying that command, as we will explain with detail, Allah willing, when we mention the Tafsir of Allah's statement,

﴿إِلاَّ إِبْلِيسَ كَانَ مِنَ الْجِنِّ فَفَسَقَ عَنْ أَمْرِ رَبِّهِ﴾

(Except Iblis (Satan). He was one of the Jinn; he disobeyed the command of his Lord.) (18:50) Similarly, Muhammad bin Ishaq reported that Ibn `Abbas said, "Before he undertook the path of sin, Iblis was with the angels and was called `Azazil.' He was among the residents of the earth and was one of the most active worshippers and knowledgeable persons among the angels. This fact caused him to be arrogant. Iblis was from a genus called Jinn.''

Wassalam.

truemuslim
01-19-2008, 05:37 AM
ooooooooh...that answers ma questions..thanks bro

Z-Blade
01-19-2008, 06:43 AM
ooooooooh...that answers ma questions..thanks bro

No problem ukhti, any time inshaAllah.

Wassalam.

Ghira
01-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Never knew that JazakAllahu khair for sharing...Interesting that we are not supposed to be scared of something we cannot see but can see us.

Z-Blade
01-26-2008, 03:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghira
Never knew that JazakAllahu khair for sharing...Interesting that we are not supposed to be scared of something we cannot see but can see us.
:salamext:,

Hmmmm, actually, if you think about it bro, why should we be scared of something we can't see? :') It would only be scary when they can do harm to us, which is actually the case :O. But then, we know nothing happens without Allah's Will so we should rely on His Protection and He has given us the means to invoke this need (3 Quls, Ayatul Kursi for example).

Surah 2 (Al-Baqarah):
Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. "Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians); our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us Forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Maula (Patron, Supporter and Protector, etc.) and give us victory over the disbelieving people."
لاَ يُكَلِّفُ اللّهُ نَفْسًا إِلاَّ وُسْعَهَا لَهَا مَا كَسَبَتْ وَعَلَيْهَا مَا اكْتَسَبَتْ رَبَّنَا لاَ تُؤَاخِذْنَا إِن نَّسِينَا أَوْ أَخْطَأْنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَا إِصْرًا كَمَا حَمَلْتَهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لاَ طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَا أَنتَ مَوْلاَنَا فَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ (٢٨٦)

Wassalam.

Tony
05-25-2009, 11:02 PM
never need to fear jinn, our covenant with Allah sees to this, so there it is jinn and tonic. It really makes me frustrated with people who go on about jinn possession and black magic, comeon people, you are Muslim or you are not, its black and white for Allahs sake I pray that Muslims give up their fascination with such things, if we put that energy into glorifying our Creators awesome power instead of putting jinn and magic up there we may be getting somewhere inthis life. ALLpower and praise is Allahs, no other can harm or do good for us. if we dont beleive then our torture and punishment begins in the grave

Zico
05-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Book - "The World of the Jinn and Devils", p. 7
Ibn Abdul Barr said, "The jinn, according to the scholars of the language, are of different types:

1. If one is mentioning the jinn purely of themselves, the are called jinni.*

2.If one is mentioning the jinn that live among mankind, they are called aamar whose plural is amaar.

3.If one is mentioning the ones that antagonize the young, they are called arwaah.

4.If one is mentioning the evil ones that antagonize humans they are called shaitan for the singular [and shayateen for plural].

5.If they cause even more harm and become strong, they are called afreet."**

*Notice the similar sound between jinni and english's "genie". TV and other media have twisted the concept of jinn; however, it is interesting to note its origin is from Islam. "I Dream of Jeannie" is a TV show based around a Genie (jinni, plural of jinn). In this show, Jeannie, the genie, frequently was given a request and the requestor never quite got what was requested as she was always creating unintentional mischief. However we understand that the shaitan among the jinn antagonize humans, not that they are kind beings who accidentally mess up on occasion. Those who seek aid (such as asking for favors or making request) from the jinni will find deception and a twisted type of aid that doesn't really meet the requestor's original request, but that satisfies the shaytaanic jinn's desire for evil.

**An Ifrît (strong) from the jinns said: "I will bring it to you before you rise from your place (council). And verily, I am indeed strong, and trustworthy for such work." [The Noble Qur'an 27:39]

Narration - Reported by al-Tahhaawi in Mushkil al-Athaar, 4/95, and by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 22/214

Abu Tha’labah al-Khushani said: “The Messenger of Allaah May Allah's peace and blessings be on him said: ‘The jinn are of three types: a types that has wings, and they fly through the air; a type that looks like snakes and dogs; and a type that stops for a rest then resumes its journey.” [Shaykh al-Albaani said in al-Mishkaat (2/1206, no. 4148): al-Tahhaawi and Abu’l-Shaykh reported it with a saheeh isnaad]

Source

abu_musab461
07-06-2009, 11:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
something i've wondered - do jinns know that they are jinns?
Yes they know. So if you asked them "Are you jinn or shaytan?"

They would reply back "Jinn"

And they have religions and cultures just like our selves.

They are Jews, Christians, Sikh, Buddist, Muslim.

They have races and colours/ cultures like Black, white, asian, pakistani, bengali, arab etc. Depending on which country they are from.

abu_musab461
07-06-2009, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
do they ever look like people?
They have eyes, nose, mouth, face, hands feet, hearts, brains etc...

Some are handsome (the muslim jinns) and some are ugly (the kuffar ones) and some are disgusting (the shayateen and magicians).

abu_musab461
07-06-2009, 11:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salam4life
True have faith in Allah, that is the key, i was scared of Jinn and my fascination for them wanted to know more about them!!

They're so interesting! lol
Good guess, but the key is the "taqwa of Allah" if you fear commiting sins and disobeying Allah and aware He (swt) is Watching you- then the jinns will fear you :)

abu_musab461
07-06-2009, 11:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

what happened if a human falls in love with jinn...

cause my friend met a beautiful lady jinn (islamic jinn).

and he met the jinn again in mecca.

Just wondering...

and i know its haram to marry a jinn...

Can anyone explain more on this.

And i heard if the jinn fall in love with a person...then that'll be a problem. Especially if that person doesn't read quran.
There has been debates amongst the scholars about is it possible for jinn to marry human and have relationship and have children.

And the other argument is if its permissible in islam to do the above.

the strongest opinion is that it is possible but not permissible because Allah (saw) says in the Quran "We have created mates from amongst your selves.." (Surah Rum)

Humans are for humans and jinns are for jinns.

Can you imagine you get your jinn wife upset and they she turns invisible and knocks you out? Or possesses you?

Not a good idea after all huh?

I think its best to find a human wife :)

Allah Knows Best

abu_musab461
07-06-2009, 11:36 AM

Allah knows best.
Depends on where you live. Some places (even in UK) are hot spots for jinn activity because of black magic etc... so obviously the amount of people affected will be a lot more.

Allah Knows Best

Tony
07-06-2009, 12:01 PM
NAHL-16 vs 98-100
98 And when thou recitest the Qur'an, seek refuge in Allah from Satan the outcast.
99 Lo ! he hath no power over those who believe and put trust in their Lord.
100 His power is only over those who make a friend with him, and those who ascribe partners unto Him (Allah).

There is no one that should be feared more than Allah, if we do not fulfill our covenant with Him then that is truly something to fear. Jinns and black magic is real but its fleeting fear compared to the everlasting hellfire of those who transgress and misplace their fear. Fear Allah and be righteous, dont let Satan trick you into being misled and allowing fear of this world to stop you from setting your eyes on the gates of Jannah. Seek refuge with Allah the Lord of the worlds and only fear Him and His final day. May Allah guide us to be in awe of His absolute power, Ameen.

HopeFul
07-06-2009, 12:11 PM
JazakAlah, brther Tony said it all, I feel exactly the same way about it..

abu_musab461
07-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Ok, lets cut this thread short-

Who disbelieves in the existence of jinn and magic, just because you have never seen it?

Then you must automatically disbelieve in the angels and Allah (swt) because you have never seem Him or His angels.

If anyone wants to claim that magic or jinn possession is very very rare- then for them to come to that conclusion i would expect that person to be a qualified raqi (one who does ruqya).

If after doing ruqya for many patients he came to that conclusion then i could believe him, but to say i dont think jinn possession or magic exists or is rare with out doing ruqya your self...

Because really just exposes your own ignorance on the topic and you should really not talk about this feild without certain knowledge.

And if you say "I dont know really scholars have talked about this topic", then again it exposes your ignorance on the topic and at this point you should take heed of your own words...

Allah Knows Best

Tony
07-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Brother ^^^ no-one is claiming it does not exist, the point is Allah tells us that we should not fear other than His punishment. Even if these things are terrifying they are only from the Shayatin and whosoever puts their trust in Allah has no real need to be scared. Allah is our protector brother, I have witnessed scary and weird stuff but I will NEVER allow jinns or magic to come between me and my all powerful protector. Come on brother ALLAH IS ALL KNOWING AND Lord of the Alamin, ask his refuge, seek help from scholars, whatever is needed but stop being distracted by hocus pocus and superstition, Allah is your protector bro, happy days:D
Bro Allah indeed knows best and that is why we can trust His Noble Qur'an. Allah is our protector

- IqRa -
07-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Why is a 2 year long thread debate still going on?! :muddlehea

Tony
07-06-2009, 12:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Why is a 2 year long thread debate still going on?! :muddlehea
Why not, its an important subject and it is really bothering ppl that jinns and magic have power, as muslims we need to qoute the Qur'an and help our brothers and sisters as much as we can. the debate is two yrs old but the subject is ancient and ongoing, peace and respect TIA:)

- IqRa -
07-06-2009, 12:50 PM
I meant the people in this debate are not even active on this forum anymore

abu_musab461
07-06-2009, 01:34 PM
lol

Tony
07-06-2009, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abu_musab461
lol
not sure why ur laughing brother I am trying to help you with something that appears to be bothering you

abu_musab461
07-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Sorry brother, im laughting at the fact that i've been discussing with members who are not active on the forum.

I'm not laughing at you.

Sorry brother if it appeared that way.

Anyway, i've already opened threads about jinn possession and magic but will discuss them in a bit more detail insha Allah,

- IqRa -
07-06-2009, 02:02 PM
And where are these threads?

Tony
07-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Sorry brother, im laughting at the fact that i've been discussing with members who are not active on the forum.

I'm not laughing at you.

Sorry brother if it appeared that way.

Anyway, i've already opened threads about jinn possession and magic but will discuss them in a bit more detail insha Allah,
no worries bro, Allahs peace and blessings be upon you, Amin

abu_musab461
07-06-2009, 05:32 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/aqeedah/...ossession.html

Inquisitor
07-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Does anyone know of anyboy that does the zikr ya-rasheedo for removal of jinn or any of allahs names as zikr for removal of jinn.

Jazakallhu Kairan

abu_musab461
07-29-2009, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor
Assalamu Alaikum,

Does anyone know of anyboy that does the zikr ya-rasheedo for removal of jinn or any of allahs names as zikr for removal of jinn.

Jazakallhu Kairan
There is no authentic narration to say that the prophet (pbuh) would keep repeating any selected Name or Attribute of Allah (swt) to make zikr and no one rememeber Allah like the prophet did.

Rather to do this is bida'

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/9389/

From my limited knowledge repeating the Names and Attributes of Allah (swt) (any of them) does not not protect you from the jinn nor does it repell the shaytan- but we should stick to those things which have been authentically narrated by the companions from the prophet (pbuh).

eg. Ayat Al kursi, last two verses of surah baqrah, last two surahs, specific morning and evening protective duas etc.

mo_123
07-29-2009, 01:11 PM
new muslim forum aimed at the more mystical side of islam

covering all topics on the unseen ranging from paranormal to jinns

see my signature

salaams

abu_musab461
07-30-2009, 12:12 AM
jzk

Alphadude
07-30-2009, 01:35 AM
lol i have heard stories about jinns possesing people and saw something like it once i was in my granpas home and one of the relatives daughter was possesed i think but they said the jinns took her to the top of the 3 stories building i mean she couldnt have just walked all the way to the top and the jinns were trying to push her from the roof but they stoped her she was a 3 or 4 year old girl weird isnt it this i saw with my own eyes.

- IqRa -
07-30-2009, 08:59 AM
No it's not weird, these things happen.

malayloveislam
08-26-2009, 08:05 AM
Salaam,

I was very scared of Jinn (we call them ghost here) last time. But since I had gradually learn, I'm confirmed that Allah SWT is the most Powerful and nobody can harm us without His permission.

Magic (sorcery) and superstitious still exist today... Even some Muslims do practicing it in which it leads them into syirk. Some people in some places in my country (Malaysia) are still practicing black magic called as Santau (poisoning) using the Jinn and sending dangerous things like glasses pounded to dust, bamboo hair (sharp), metal dust and rubber from poisonous trees to harm people.

People harmed with that kind of magic poisoning will be facing internal injuries that can't even be traced by modern medical technologies. That also could bring to death when the victims vomiting blood and blood rise out from their skin. I had seen this kind of things happen in my country where "Hasad" or jealousy is in those evil people mind.

Those shamans summoning the Jinn through Mantras in many pretexts. Sometimes it seems like using "Islamic" way just to deceive, but later they are calling the Jin with names of devas, asuras, and etc. We once had Classical Hindu background in SEA although we are not Indian, you still can see Hindu-Buddhist SEAn in Bali and in Cambodia or Thailand. I also have Buddhist friends who summoning ancestral deity (Jin) which is related to animism belief to protect them.

Some ignorant people taking Talisman to protect themselves from being harmed by others' magic. They meet the shamans who work with satans (Jin). This is also my experience when I see my father too have a talisman. We had throw it away after we smashed it with knife.

Have you ever come across the term "Qareen"? Sometimes accident happens in a certain places and the person dies there, after that other people who walks there meet the person who looks exactly like the victims at that place and feeling creepy which turns their hair up. I think Qareen is a kind of Jinn too. Any explanation? Because I guess this phenomena is almost the same around the world when I see brother Abu Mus'ab provided some information about them. Last time I thought that this kind of talisman, magic, Jin and others only happen in our region in SEA.

syilla
08-26-2009, 08:31 AM
^^^ In Malaysia... some believe that Thailand jinss are stronger :D

Somia
08-26-2009, 08:35 AM
who are the true servants?

- IqRa -
08-26-2009, 08:47 AM
Sorry?

malayloveislam
08-26-2009, 08:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
^^^ In Malaysia... some believe that Thailand jinss are stronger :D
LOL.... Long Khong is creepy and sadistic, I hadn't see any Jinn yet appear in Long Khong ;D

Muslimlearner
08-26-2009, 10:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by malayloveislam
Salaam,

Have you ever come across the term "Qareen"? Sometimes accident happens in a certain places and the person dies there, after that other people who walks there meet the person who looks exactly like the victims at that place and feeling creepy which turns their hair up. I think Qareen is a kind of Jinn too. Any explanation?
It is a type of jinn,yes.He lives with each one of us,humans.
When we die,he does not.I don't know about the looks,but I know they can talk with your voice and tell things about your past to some of ,,talking with dead '' shaman.
Those ppl,who talk with the ,,dead,,ar actually talking to jinn and they have to disbelieve first (Auzobilllah!)

The arabs have a name for the jinn,wich attach themselves to children:
,,arwaah,,-means souls.

And I've heard for a crawling baby-the jinn make him crow in the selling :hmm:

mahfuja
08-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Ayatul Qursi is the best verse for protection insha'Allah
Theres nothing to be afraid of, we are superior than them :)

Bub
08-26-2009, 02:49 PM
I have not read the posts but when i was at aunt's house last night for ilfar meal anyway she showed me her family pics and a photo of was a massive garden, anyway i notice full of black with a stick ( i can not describe it), i do not know what it is but it looks so evil, and its stand on tree, i will ask her to bring it over to me so i can scan and show it to you. i returned home and explain details v specific, my mother went like bring it and show me. I went like urm, its at aunt's. I think its a jinn but what Allah has explains that Jinns made from fire. anyway thanks Allah i didnt have nightmare about it last light. Allah s.w.t. knows what it is. Anyway i forget to mention, i asked aunt if she saw it, in her answer, yes and she was a bit scared and lucky she took photo of whatever it was. Added message, i showed it to aunt, she said its not mankind.

Bub
08-26-2009, 02:50 PM
I made a mistake, i was at aunt's 2 nights ago, duh duh me!

Muslimlearner
08-27-2009, 05:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bub
I have not read the posts but when i was at aunt's house last night for ilfar meal anyway she showed me her family pics and a photo of was a massive garden, anyway i notice full of black with a stick ( i can not describe it), i do not know what it is but it looks so evil, and its stand on tree, i will ask her to bring it over to me so i can scan and show it to you. i returned home and explain details v specific, my mother went like bring it and show me. I went like urm, its at aunt's. I think its a jinn but what Allah has explains that Jinns made from fire.
Smokless fire is ultra-red ray,some animals can see it(donkey,rooster) ..
So:can be pic.made?

Bub
08-27-2009, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haqeeka'
Smokless fire is ultra-red ray,some animals can see it(donkey,rooster) ..
So:can be pic.made?
no pic is very clear, im pretty sure im going to see my couisn tomorrow and will ask her to bring a photo insha'Allah

abu_musab461
08-28-2009, 12:15 AM
please email me the picture or upload on the forum, i'd like to see it.

Bub
08-28-2009, 08:03 PM
please email me the picture or upload on the forum, i'd like to see it.
she has forget!!! so next time she will scan it and email me so i can save and show it to you all next week insha'Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.