/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tehran paper attacks Ahmadinejad

wilberhum
11-26-2007, 10:03 PM
In a rare attack on Iran's president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, a hardline newspaper has accused him of behaving immorally towards his political rivals.

The Islamic Republic daily, close to Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Khamenei, has said Mr Ahmadinejad's behaviour is dangerous for Iran.

The publication is seen as a newspaper with impeccable Islamic credentials.

The attack would be difficult to imagine without at least tacit support from Ayatollah Khamenei.

In a hard-hitting editorial on Wednesday, the Tehran paper said the president's treatment of his critics was immoral, illogical and illegal.
(More)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7106335.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
11-27-2007, 03:42 AM
Hmmm...this could mean one of two things. Either the Iranian press isn't as controlled as was assumed, or Ahmadinejad isn't as popular with the Ayatollah as was assumed.

snakelegs
11-27-2007, 08:24 AM
i remember reading a while back that the clergy was beginning to distance themselves from ahmadinejad.
not sure what all this means.
this story does show that there is a degree of freedom in the iranian press.

MTAFFI
11-27-2007, 02:46 PM
I think this is a good thing. IMO it just shows the Iranians are not necessarily on the same side of the fence as Ahmadinejad. Hopefully the Iranian people and their government will get sick of this nutjob and give him the old boot, maybe find someone less interested in provoking conflict with the west (or anyone who disagrees with him) and more interested in provoking growth for their economy.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
11-27-2007, 05:19 PM
I think the Iranian people probably do believe they should have the right to seek nuclear technology, but I think it makes them nervous, and rightly so, that Ahmadinejad seems to flaunt his lack of cooperation with the international community. Hugo Chavez is not going to help Iran if they are attacked, no matter how many "summits" he has with the Iranian president.

wilberhum
11-27-2007, 05:57 PM
As the article said:
The attack would be difficult to imagine without at least tacit support from Ayatollah Khamenei.
I don’t think for a moment there is any “Freedom of Press”. In fact I don’t think there is any freedom of anything unless Ayatollah Khamenei gives it.

I also think Ahmadinejad is free to do anything that Ayatollah Khamenei allows him to do.

Ahmadinejad is nothing but a bobble head that keeps the world attention away from the real power.

MTAFFI
11-27-2007, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum

Ahmadinejad is nothing but a bobble head that keeps the world attention away from the real power.
So incredibly true :thumbs_up

al-muslimah
11-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Shia hating Shia. That is so cute.Not!!

wilberhum
11-27-2007, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-muslimah
Shia hating Shia. That is so cute.Not!!
How about Shia hating Sunni? And visa versa?
Hate is always “so cute.Not!!”

al-muslimah
11-27-2007, 11:46 PM
No i already knew they hate us sunnis but them fighting eachother.Funny.well according to them they are in the same religion us and them they weren't even Muslims to start with although they aren't all the same.

ashley66
11-29-2007, 02:37 AM
I'm not iranian, but President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is often in my du'a. For me who pays very little attention the world politic, at the very least he has shown that Iran do have claws but they are not interested in arguing with anyone, but wanting to use their technology for Iran's own good. As a muslim, whether they are shia' or sunni, my dua is for the islamic country of Iran to achieve the best and may Allah unite the hearts of iranian and guide their president to be able to lead his country in the right direction.

Nabooly
11-29-2007, 02:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ashley66
I'm not iranian, but President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is often in my du'a. For me who pays very little attention the world politic, at the very least he has shown that Iran do have claws but they are not interested in arguing with anyone, but wanting to use their technology for Iran's own good. As a muslim, whether they are shia' or sunni, my dua is for the islamic country of Iran to achieve the best and may Allah unite the hearts of iranian and guide their president to be able to lead his country in the right direction.
Say what :?

Just because Iran is an islamic country doesnt make what they are doing is right....

ashley66
11-29-2007, 03:32 AM
I don't know about the human right part of Iran but at least what is wrong about having nuclear technology and being able to produce nuclear weapon for Iran's own safety.

wilberhum
11-29-2007, 05:14 PM
I don't know about the human right part of Iran but at least what is wrong about having nuclear technology and being able to produce nuclear weapon for Iran's own safety.
You might find out what is wrong with nuclear weapons if one drops on you. :hiding:

ashley66
11-30-2007, 05:51 AM
True but is the also not OK for all other country eg Korea, India, Israel, Russia and US of course included. Since that would almost be imposible why pick on Iran.:hiding:

ashley66
11-30-2007, 06:21 AM
:rollseyesTrue but is the also not OK for all other country eg Korea, India, Israel, Russia and US of course included. Since that would almost be imposible why pick on Iran.:rollseyes

Bittersteel
11-30-2007, 09:09 AM
so war plans have been scrapped or what?
and Ahmadinejad isn't doing any good for his country except bark.

snakelegs
11-30-2007, 11:00 AM
pray that he stop feeding bush - they are 2 of a kind.

Muezzin
11-30-2007, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Hmmm...this could mean one of two things. Either the Iranian press isn't as controlled as was assumed, or Ahmadinejad isn't as popular with the Ayatollah as was assumed.
If the Iranian press was as controlled as was assumed, then a few days after the 'Tehran paper attacks Ahmadinejad' stories there'd probably be a headline reading: 'Ahmadinejad attacks Tehran paper - with knives 'n' guns'.

Or something.

Keltoi
11-30-2007, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
If the Iranian press was as controlled as was assumed, then a few days after the 'Tehran paper attacks Ahmadinejad' stories there'd probably be a headline reading: 'Ahmadinejad attacks Tehran paper - with knives 'n' guns'.

Or something.
Not necessarily, although it is a fair point. I think Ahmadinejad is smart enough to know that attacking those who put forward the story, at least attacking them openly, gives the story more credibility. It wouldn't surprise me if those journalists or the editor who published this story were given a good "talking" to. Or perhaps not. We have no way of knowing.

MTAFFI
11-30-2007, 02:38 PM
:rollseyesTrue but is the also not OK for all other country eg Korea, India, Israel, Russia and US of course included. Since that would almost be imposible why pick on Iran.:rollseyes
they arent building anymore are they? Not only that but what is Iran going to do, build one bomb? Great and when they do it will be their end, do you realize what a nuclear war would do? Try to find the documentary Trinity and Beyond, it goes from start to finish from atomic to thermonukes and let me tell you it is scary. If Iran builds that bomb say goodbye to the people of Iran :muddlehea

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.