/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I Have A Question ?????

Selgy
11-27-2007, 08:43 AM
:sl: Dear Brothers and Sisters & ALL

i have a qeustion but first let me tell you something about my self
im male aged 22 living with my family and still single.

i love my mom very much and daily i kiss her on face, cheek, and some nights i sleep beside her.

my question is that are my actions ( kissing mom on face, head, check, ) halal or haram from islamic prospictive...
answers are morethen welcome.

Allah hafiz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nadia85
11-27-2007, 09:01 AM
W salam bro ,there shud b nothing wrong in giving ur mum a kiss ont he face,But what is the reason for sleeping beside her is there any?I myself am 22 but I am married not living @ home but I wud feel weird sleeping next 2 my mum at this age I dont know may b it s jst me

Selgy
11-27-2007, 09:32 AM
Salaam Dear Naida85

thanks for the reply, there is no speicific reason, sometimes i just wanna be next to her, that is it, since i was 6 i lost my father ( may allah forgive him) and since then i was brought up by mom, by the help of allah. therefore im sort of attached to her.

nadia85
11-27-2007, 09:35 AM
OK I can understand u r close 2 ur mum cause my father passed away when I was jst born I dont knw my father ,but i dont miss what I never had cause he was not there frm the start .But I am not 2 clse 2 my mum like u we live in seprate countrys c each other max of once a year wish it was more

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Selgy
11-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Ohhh, sorry for your father Dear sis.
once again thanks alot for the response.

nadia85
11-27-2007, 09:38 AM
U r welcome

ashley66
11-27-2007, 09:45 AM
:sl: brother,
I must say, MasyaAllah your mother must be happy to have a son who is very close to her. Not many are like that.

Why is it not ok? I mean your mom is your mahram and as long as you know your limits. I am minded of the love of Uwais al Qarni to his mom. He carried her on his back to from his home to Makkah and perform haj. (Was it from Yemen, I couldn't remember, someone pleaase correct me). He is the one who love Rasullullah so much although they never met. Rasullullah asked Umar to find Uwaisa and to ask Uwais to make du'a for himself. May Allah bless you.

niler
11-27-2007, 11:27 AM
its ok to kiss but about sleeping.. am not soo sure maybe u cn ask a 3alim.

chosen
11-27-2007, 03:29 PM
at the age of 22 you need to stop sleeping with your mother..never stop the love and respect..but part of being a man is being independant..what is going to happen when you marry..already I see trouble between you and your wife because you are too dependant on your mother..we are to love and honor our parents...but in return they should also honor and respect us..part of that is drawing limits and giving them a push to adulthood and independance..

ayesha309
11-27-2007, 03:40 PM
i think its cute that you have soo much love for your mother. my father did the same thing as you, and he never regrets a single minute. he use to say that he would sleep next to her or like close to her or something so that if she ever needed water or anything came at night (they lived in some village i dunt know where so like snakes would come at night or something) so he use to say he would kill it or basically protect his mother from all kinds of danger. so i think it is really cute. my father always emphasizes that we should kiss our mom's hands.

islamirama
11-27-2007, 04:05 PM
There's nothing wrong kissing your mother on the cheek or forehead. But as someone else stated, you should not be sleeping in the same bed.

Firstly, you are an adult and thus should be more independent.

Secondly, Islam tells us to separate the boys and girls once they reach age of 7 ( i think).

You can look more up at www.islamqa.com on this.

Ali.
11-27-2007, 04:13 PM
No, nothing wrong with any of it.

Regarding to the 'sleeping beside' bit, nothing wrong in Islam with that, but as many people have stated, you should try to be more independant.

:)

chosen
11-27-2007, 04:20 PM
just dont get married until you can get past this..therepy perhaps..I dont know but it is not emotionally healthy...even babies wean themselves from there mothers breast..they become idepedant and want to feed and drink by themselves...this is the beginning of a childs independance..and it is finished when a man takes a job and supports himself and takes a wife..always the respect is there for his mother..but he starts a life with his new wife..

Selgy
11-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Thanks alot Dear Brothers and Sisters!!!!

you have shown such genoursity in your answers, all answers are more than welcome, and Brother chosen, you are right i'm abit too dependant on my mom, and as far as marriage is concerned this option was aviled to me 2 years back, then i refused it, and now my younger brother who is about 20 he wanna get married first, so lets see what allah does and surely he does it for the best of all.
thanking you all once again keeep in touch.
and never let me down in your prayers

aadil77
11-27-2007, 06:39 PM
salam bro,
kissing mum is ok loads of people are embarrassed to admit that but its ok;D, but about sleeping, i heard that once a kid's grown up to be mature (e.g 12+) they shudn't be sleepin together,

anyway thats what i heard, ask around if you're not sure

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.