/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of Haraam Haircuts?

aadil77
11-27-2007, 06:55 PM
:sl:

This might sound stupid, but I've been hearing that if your hair is not the same length all around your head, its haraam, and that you get ghunnah every second for it.

People I know say that in their madressas, teachers don't let you come in if your hair cut is 'haram'. I've never believed in this , I always thought that it was just sunnah to keep your hair one length.

People over here take the minor sins so seriously and totally ignore the major sins that matter, when I advise someone to stop something thats haraam , they start telling me about my 'haraam haircut'! and its starting to get annoying- because I don't know about it.

Does any one know about this? if so please provide evidence.:?

Jazahkhallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
11-27-2007, 07:15 PM
???

aadil77
11-27-2007, 07:50 PM

yeah I absolutely agree with you,(by the way I have a beard:D) but yeah people nowadays focus too much on minor things and forget the basics of islam:raging:

thats why i'm trying to find about all this stuff on haram haircuts:?

AhlaamBella
11-27-2007, 07:51 PM
All I know is that a woman's hair cut shouldn't immitate a man and vice versa. I'll see if I can find the eividence

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
11-27-2007, 07:56 PM
With regard to the kinds of hairstyles that are forbidden, they are characterized by the following:

1 – al-Qaza’ (lit. tufts), which is where part of the head is shaved and part is left.

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Umar that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade al-qaza’.
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5466; Muslim, 3959.
One of the narrators of this hadeeth defines al-qaza’ as shaving part of a child’s head and leaving some of his hair.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

With regard to shaving part of the head and leaving part, this is of varying degrees.

The worst is shaving the middle of the head and leaving the sides, as the Christian monks do.

After that comes shaving the sides and leaving the middle, as many of the foolish and worthless people do.

After that comes shaving the front of the head and leaving the back.
These three types all come under the heading of qaza’ which was forbidden by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), but some of them are worse than others.

Ahkaam Ahl al-Dhimmah, 3/1294

2 – Imitating the kaafirs or immoral people.

There are many such hairstyles, some of which come under the heading of qaza’ – such as the “Marines” haircut, which is forbidden for two reasons, the fact that it is a kind of qaza’ and the fact that it is an imitation of the kuffaar. Some of them do not involve qaza’ but they are styles that belong to the kuffaar, such as making some of the hair stand up and letting the rest hang down, and so on.

This also includes every hairstyle that belongs to the kaafirs or immoral people, because it is not permissible for a Muslim to resemble them in that, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.”

Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4031. Classed as hasan by al-Haafiz ibn Hajar in Fath al-Baari, 10/271. its isnaad was classed as jayyid by Shaykh al-Islam in Iqtida’ al-Siraat al-Mustaqeem, p. 82.

Shaykh al-Islam said:

The least that we can say about this hadeeth is that it implies that it is haraam to imitate them, although the apparent meaning is that the one who imitates them is a kaafir, as in the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“And if any amongst you takes them (as Awliyaa’), then surely, he is one of them”
[al-Maa’idah 5:51]
Iqtida’ al-Siraat al-Mustaqeem, p. 83.

Imitating foolish people.

These are hairstyles worn by some of the foolish people, which may be included in the categories mentioned above.

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=3364&ln=eng&txt=haircut

- Qatada -
11-27-2007, 08:46 PM
:salamext:

this might be beneficial abit insha Allah..

http://www.islamtoday.com/showme2.cf...sub_cat_id=769

Kittygyal
11-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Salamualikum.

What haircut do you have?.

For all i know is 'Short back hand side' is haram but ALLAAH HU ALIM...

spiked is kewl..

idk

ma'assalama

Angelzz
11-27-2007, 09:58 PM
MashaAllah interesting question and answer - JazakAllah khair brothers.

aadil77
11-27-2007, 10:04 PM

me? I've got a marine style, 1 on sides and 3 on top

Kittygyal
11-27-2007, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77

salamualikum.

Yes you!

Whats that?? whats 1 on side and 3 on top?? the blades or ur hair??

Ma'assalama

amille40
11-27-2007, 10:08 PM

Im sure he means the blade setting on the razor.

aadil77
11-27-2007, 10:11 PM
lol, a number 1 machine shaver thing setting on sides and 3 on top, i heard its supposed to be the same number all around your head

Kittygyal
11-27-2007, 10:22 PM
lol, a number 1 machine shaver thing setting on sides and 3 on top, i heard its supposed to be the same number all around your head
Salamualikum.

I get ya.

You should see my nephew's haircut they done all sorts. One of my nephew done spiked and then nike tick at back and lines at side.. but don't want to get into that stuff!!.. so anywho...
Do blade 0.. or is that something else blade and im getting the blades wrong.. Allaah hu alim.. why not keep it long and then do a pony?

Anyone of them??

Or this looks erm sick.. NOT!!

Or even this??

Ma'assalama

qassy!
11-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Your talking about womens hair right?

qassy!
11-29-2007, 12:49 PM
I do 2 on the side, and 5 on top then spike up.

Surely that's not haram?

------
11-29-2007, 12:51 PM

:lol: Men's hair, not womens :D

qassy!
11-29-2007, 12:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

:lol: Men's hair, not womens :D
Surely it doesn't have to be the same length all the way round ? :laugh:

I love my hair!!!

Number 2 on side 5 on top and spike up! Even the college teachers love my hair style :)

chacha_jalebi
11-29-2007, 08:47 PM
lol just keep your long, not long like a then mad rock people or them gypsy tramp type, neat long :D

or just keep it short, those are the styles i keep :D

and theres a hadiths in muslim im like 100% sure about hair styles, im gona go find it NOW :p

chacha_jalebi
11-29-2007, 08:57 PM
elo again heres the actual hadiths its actually similar to what bro qatadaa posted

Ibn Umar (Radhiallahu-anhu) states that a child was brought to Nabi (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) whose hair was partly cut and the rest uncut. Nabi (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Either cut it completely or leave it completely".

but not lettin people in madrassah because of hair styles is wrong, then you could say to the imaams you aint got a beard, why you a imam or your beard is scruffy and you have coffee breath, why you in the mosque:D

if someone wants to seek knowlegde, let them seek it, you can just say, bro put a cap on or say bro keep your hair a bit modest innit

psssssh @ some of the "imams"

aadil77
11-29-2007, 09:06 PM

bro its not as if they kick them out straight away if they dont have a proper haircut, they just keep emphasizin it and if they don't do it then they'll eventually get kicked out or get battered! lol with a stick!;D

chacha_jalebi
11-29-2007, 09:12 PM
^i bet this madrassah is run by pakis :mmokay:

jzcasejz
11-29-2007, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
Ibn Umar (Radhiallahu-anhu) states that a child was brought to Nabi (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) whose hair was partly cut and the rest uncut.[/B]
^ I guess that means undercut/stepcut is thrown out the window...:D

format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
Nabi (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: "Either cut it completely or leave it completely".
^ Yep...! :D

AhlaamBella
11-29-2007, 09:16 PM
so what about a girl's hair being different lengths? Like layered or feathered? :hmm there just seem to be guys on this thread lol

Kittygyal
12-01-2007, 10:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RoseGold
so what about a girl's hair being different lengths? Like layered or feathered? :hmm there just seem to be guys on this thread lol
Salamualikum

Ya would be nice if someone can asnwer that, but i mean layerd aint that bad... gyals hair are layerd and featherd :cry:.. May Allaah forgive me if im wrong amin :grumbling

Ma'assalama

Al_Imaan
12-01-2007, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
:sl:I've heard the same. Not sure to its authenticity though.

Quite harsh of the mosque teachers to prohibit students from entering based on a thing such as that though, regardless of whether it's something that has sound basis in Sharia! The least they could do is explain to them that such things aren't allowed in Islam. By not teaching them, they do realise that they're leaving them in more of an ignorant state? :rolleyes:

I really get sick of people who concentrate too much on beards and the like...all the while paying little or no attention on the major stuff, like avoidance of lying, backbiting, etc. :enough!:

it's those little things that add up...like said in surah zilzala...

qassy!
12-02-2007, 01:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RoseGold
I wish girls hair was just normal and not all this fancy stuff!!
it would make my life so much easier :coolious:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.