/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 4get It!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :@

AnonymousPoster
11-28-2007, 09:32 AM
:sl:

do you know what? i don’t believe Allah tests those he luvz coz if u luv sum1 u wouldn’t want to see them in pain and at the end of their patience all the time, so what is this???????? what kind of love is this!!!!! i'm in pain everyday, at the edge of my patience, been praying to Allah for 3 years n yet i've not been answered!!!! WHAT KIND OF LOVE IS THIS???????!!!!!!!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Zaara
11-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Thread approved (with much sadness. imsad)

Ummu Sufyaan
11-28-2007, 10:07 AM
:muddlehea when you go to the doc, he/she usually gives you horrible tasting medicene. but what happens in the end? you feel all better. now why would they give you horrible tasing medcene when they care about you so much? because they know it is good for you, and that it will heal you. :sunny:

Ibn Al Aqwa
11-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Wa Alaikum Salaam Wa Rehmatullah

Think of it this way...

Sometimes Allah loves a person, and wants them a high position in Jannah...and Allah is the most fair judge. So although it is his mercy that accepts one into his paradise, it is the weight on the scale of good deeds that judges what level they will be on in paradise.

So, maybe Allah wishes for you a high postion in paradise, and your good deeds arent enough to get you there, so Allah puts you through trial, the longer you last in the trial, the more ajar you get, (the more good deeds you get)...and therefore increasing the weight on the scale of good deeds...therefore, through Allah's mercy, ones rank in the hereafter is increased

So remember Inshaa'Allah the trials that the prophets of Allaah went through, and the pious servents and the sahabah.

They went through tests that we could not imagine. Some of them killed their own brothers, fathers for the sake of Allaah, they completely had to leave thir blood relatives, and where chucked out from their houses by their own relatives.

Walaahi, Allah loved them, yet it was his desire for them to enter paradise on a raised level, that he made them go through their tests

When you say the shahadah, and submit yourself to Allaah, you are submitting your life to your lord, he has ownership to all, so you can not expect to have an easy life in dunyah, and then be accepted in jannah

people have gone through decades of trial, yet it was the will, mercy and kindness of Allah that saw them through

Sabr (patience) is the key

May Allaah make it easy...

And Allaah knows best...

Wa Alaikum Salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bint Haneef
11-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Assalamualaikum,

Well I'm a fresher here. Just had a glimpse at this post. I think Sister Maryam has rightly said about comparing it with visiting a doctor. One thing we should keep in mind though: answering prayers by Allaah has certain requirements, I think you know them, like the person should not be indulging in Haraam etc ... And also you have to bear in mind that what you might be asking for may be detrimental to you and Allaah by His mercy is sparing you this burden. I don't know what Duaas you are asking but I think we need to be positive. Everyone faces different trials and when looking around us, we'll see that everyone's experience is different. Why Allaah Has chosen you for this trial is in fact because you CAN BEAR IT! Laa youkallifoullahi nafsan illaa wous'ahaa...

Yeah you can bear it or else you wouldn't be here to post this message...;)

Really be positive, try to see things the other way round, maybe it's a means to get closer to Allaah, so complain only to Him.

Abdul-Raouf
11-28-2007, 10:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

do you know what? i don’t believe Allah tests those he luvz coz if u luv sum1 u wouldn’t want to see them in pain and at the end of their patience all the time, so what is this???????? what kind of love is this!!!!! i'm in pain everyday, at the edge of my patience, been praying to Allah for 3 years n yet i've not been answered!!!! WHAT KIND OF LOVE IS THIS???????!!!!!!!!!

Thats correct...but take it in the right sense>>

ALLAH tests those He loves.... all tests are hard/painful ...these tests continue only for few years.. i.e until death....
Because HE loves u... HE wouldn want to see u in pain.. in the hereafter....

AnonymousPoster
11-28-2007, 10:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf

Because HE loves u... HE wouldn want to see u in pain.. in the hereafter....
Which is our real life... Not this dunya.

Selam aleykum

edit: it's Al-Zaara "anon2", for some reason I got the post anon. :offended:

IbnAbdulHakim
11-28-2007, 10:37 AM
wa alaikum ussalaam wa rahmatullaah

do you know what?
im about to find out inshaAllaah

i don’t believe Allah tests those he luvz coz if u luv sum1 u wouldn’t want to see them in pain and at the end of their patience all the time, so what is this????????
Urwah ibn al-Zubayr came to visit the Khalîfah al-Walid ibn `Abdu'l-Malik. With him was his son Muhammad, who was one of the most handsome of men. The young man had dressed up for the occasion in fine clothes, and had his hair in two plaits or braids. When al-Walid saw him, he said, "This is how the young people of Quraysh look!" and by so saying, put the evil eye on him. Before he left, the young man fell ill. When he was in the stable (preparing for the journey) he fell down, and the horses trampled him to death.

Then `Urwah got gangrene in his leg, and al-Walid sent doctors to him, who suggested that the leg should be amputated, otherwise the gangrene would spread to the rest of the body and kill him. `Urwah agreed, and the doctors began to remove his leg, using a saw. When the saw reached the bone, `Urwah fainted, and when he came around, sweat was pouring down his face, and he was repeating, "La ilah ill-Allah, Allahu akbar." When the operation was over, he picked up his leg and kissed it, then said, "I swear by the One Who mounted me on you, I never used to walk to any place of wrong action or to any place where Allah would not like me to be." Then he gave instructions that the leg should be washed, perfumed, wrapped in a cloth and buried in the Muslim graveyard.

When `Urwah left al-Walid and returned to Madinah, his family and friends went to meet him at the outskirts of the city and to offer condolences. The only reply he made was to quote from the Qur'an: "…truly we have suffered much fatigue at our journey." (al-Kahf 18:62). He did not say any more than that. Then he said, "I will not enter Madinah, for people there either rejoice over the afflictions of others, or else feel envy for their blessings." So he went to stay in a place at al-`Aqiq. `Isa ibn Talhah came to visit him there and said, "May your enemies' fathers perish!" and asked him, "Show me the affliction for which I have come to console you." `Urwah uncovered his stump, and `Isa said, "By Allah, we were not preparing you to wrestle! Allah has saved most of you: your sanity, your tongue, your eyesight, your two hands, and one of your two legs." `Urwah told him, "Nobody has consoled me as you have."

When the doctors came to perform the amputation, they had asked `Urwah whether he would drink intoxicants to ease the pain. He said, "Allah is testing me to see the extent of my patience. How could I go against His commands?"

Extracted from Patience & Gratitude,
an abridged translation of `Uddat as-sabirin wa dhakhirat ash-shakirin
by Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah
translated by Nasiruddin al-Khattab (Ta-Ha Publishers)

So hows Allaah been testing you?!

what kind of love is this!!!!! i'm in pain everyday, at the edge of my patience, been praying to Allah for 3 years n yet i've not been answered!!!! WHAT KIND OF LOVE IS THIS???????!!!!!!!!!
You should avoid seeking a quick response, for this is one of the problems that may prevent the du’aa’ from being accepted. In the hadeeth it says: “One of you may be answered so long as he is not hasty and says, ‘I said du’aa’ but I got no response.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6340; Muslim, 2735.

In Saheeh Muslim (2736) it says: “A man’s (du’aa’s) may be answered so long as it does not involve sin or severing the ties of kinship or hastening.” It was said: “O Messenger of Allaah, what does hastening mean?” He said: “When he says, ‘I made du’aa’ and I made du’aa’ but I did not see any response,’ so he gets discouraged and stops making du’aa’.”

Is what your asking for even halaal?!

The du’aa’ should not involve sin or severing of the ties of kinship, as stated in the hadeeth quoted above: “A man’s (du’aa’s) may be answered so long as he does not involve sin or severing the ties of kinship …”

How sure are you that Allaah is listening before you even begin to complain about him?! perhaps the fault is with YOU!

You should think positively of Allaah. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah, may He be exalted, says: ‘I am as My slave thinks I am.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 7405; Muslim, 4675. According to the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah: “Make du’aa’ to Allaah when you are certain of a response.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 245.

Whoever thinks well of his Lord, Allaah will bestow His bounty upon him and give him in abundance.

FINALLY: I have noticed that hearts grow impatient and weary most in cases of "love", perhaps your heart is so distracted by your object of affection that you are completely distracted from Allaah... naudhubillaah

You should be focused, aware of the greatness of the One upon Whom you are calling. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Know that Allaah does not answer a du’aa from a distracted heart.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3479; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 245.

make taubah inshaAllaah

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakatuh

sevgi
11-28-2007, 11:03 AM
siss.....

im cumn online...:) (if im not mistaken)

aamirsaab
11-28-2007, 11:05 AM

If you are in sooooo(added emphasis) much pain, what is complaining about it on an internet forum, under anonymous account, going to achieve? Do you think by ranting and raving (symptoms of an attention seeker might I add) is going to change your ''pain''.

You're clearly frustrated - I can understand, but seriously, I think you should take up kick-boxing or wrestling as an outlet for your agression as opposed to hiding and shouting...on the internet no less.

anonymous
11-28-2007, 11:17 AM
im anon 3: to amirsaab- thanks for ur post or whatever u want to call it but it isnt wanted here! anon (1) is posting because they want advice and support to bring them back on track and u are just sooooo not helping! If u havent got anything nice to say i think we would all appretiate your silence. J/k :w:

aamirsaab
11-28-2007, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
im anon 3: to amirsaab- thanks for ur post or whatever u want to call it but it isnt wanted here! anon (1) is posting because they want advice and support to bring them back on track and u are just sooooo not helping! If u havent got anything nice to say i think we would all appretiate your silence. J/k :w:
She or he is not looking for advice. Read the original post again. He/she is clearly just moaning. On the internet. Anonymously

Dumb people complain
Clever people do something about it.

P.s; I find it funny that you are using the anonymous account too. Grand total of 3 anonymous people on this thread (technically it is two - first one complained, second one was al zara and third one gave me lip and didnt actually give any advice but told me to do so....)

P.p.s; this post is not rude. It's rectifying someone's confusion of my initial post.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-28-2007, 12:39 PM
the thread starter had some problems, perhaps he/she has no one else to complain to/talk to, so he/she chose the net.

I think it would be better if we helped him/her then insult him/her inshaAllaah.

may Allaah ease your pain... to the thread starter

AND BRING YOU BAK ON TRAK!

ASsalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah

anonymous
11-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Abû Hurayrah relates that Allahs Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should speak a good word or remain silent. And whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should show hospitality to his neighbor. And whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should show hospitality to his guest.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim]

tigersabre
11-28-2007, 12:52 PM

Well, there's two reasons a person may go through difficulties. One is because they are being expiated for some sin they have committed. The other is because, as you've noted, love for a slave who has shown strength and commitment to worshipping Allah subhaana wa ta'aala, so it may be one or the other.

Keep in mind, however, that the more trials and tests are person goes through, either they will become stronger, or they will become weaker. The word fitnah, as I recall, is used linguistically to refer to the intense heating process which purifies gold. As the saying goes, that which does not kill me makes me stronger.

So it may be love. It may be an expiation of sins. It may be that you're being strengthened and prepared for something down the road that will be more difficult. Regardless of what the reason is, remember that this life is a test, and you are being tested, sometimes with blessings, sometimes with difficulties.

Finally, if you truly want to appreciate your blessings, turn on the news and read about the conditions that other Muslims are suffering around the world, and ask yourself if you'd rather be where you are now, or you'd rather be enduring what others are enduring around the world. If you want an example of how one should be when being tested, look to the example of Prophet Ayoob (amazing story).

Jayda
11-28-2007, 04:30 PM

hola!

i think it's important to breathe and relax... you are probably in your teens or twenties, God is much older than you. you don't know what is in store for you tomorrow, God knows what is in store for you a millenium from now (but you can certainly speculate). in other words, do not get caught up in the present, He's got more for you than what you've seen just yet.

que Dios te bendiga

Hashim_507
11-28-2007, 04:36 PM

The Prophet Ayub (peace be upon him) was one of the descendants of the Prophet Ibrahim (peace be upon him) and a nephew of Prophet Ya'qub (peace be upon him). He was sent to reform the people who lived in the desert situated in the north eastern corner of Palestine. When Ayub (Job) was chosen to be the Prophet, he started to teach the people about God and His religion. He advised the people to do good and shun evil. As usual with all the Prophets very few people believed in him in the beginning but gradually the number of his followers began to increase.

The Prophet Ayub was Well Off

The Prophet Ayub (peace be upon him) was a prosperous man with firm faith in Allah. He possessed vast farms, enormous wealth, many cattle and valuable property but these things did not make him arrogant. His wealth provided him with a medium by means of which he sought Allah's grace.

The Prophet Ayub Displays Patience

The Prophet Ayub (peace be upon him) was a pattern of humility and faith in Allah. He was very patient. He suffered from a number of calamities but did not utter a single word of complaint. One day his big farm was attacked by the thieves. They killed many of his servants and carried away forcibly all his cattle. The Prophet Ayub (peace be upon him) did not feel sorry at this loss and thanked Allah.

After some time the roof of the house fell down and many members of his family were crushed. The Prophet Ayyub (peace be upon him) was much shocked but he held fast to his faith in Allah. He neither shed a tear nor heaved a sigh. He prostrated before the Almighty. He remarked that possessions and children were the gifts from Allah. If He had taken His things, it was useless to lament over their loss.

After a few years Prophet Ayub (peace be upon him) suffered from skin disease. His parts of body were covered with loathsome sores. He had many ugly looking ulcers on his face and hands. The sores were full of worms. It is narrated that he picked up those worms which fell from his abscess and praised Allah for creating them.

Above all, his false friends attributed his calamities to his sins. They ridiculed and looked down upon him. All the persons deserted him with the exception of his faithful wife, Rahima. She also grew tired of him in the long run and prayed for his death. She cursed her husband for retaining integrity in Allah. When Prophet Ayub (peace be upon him) was in an extremely pathetic condition he prayed:

"Truly adversity has afflicted me and You are Most Merciful of all who show mercy." (Surah 21: Verse 83)

Allah accepted his prayer. The Holy Quran affirms:

"Then We heard his prayer and removed that adversity from which he suffered, and We gave him his household and the like thereof along with them, a mercy from Our store and remembrance for the worshippers." (Surah 21: Verse 84)

The Prophet Ayub Recovers and Prospers

Allah turned to him with mercy. He was commanded to strike the earth with his foot. He complied with the order and water from the spring gushed forth. He took a bath with the water and got cured from his evil disease. After this he was restored to prosperity. The Prophet Ayub (peace be upon him) knelt and prayed expressing a deep sense of gratitude to Allah. He never forgot His favours, mercy and love.

The Prophet Ayub (peace be upon him) was one of the celebrated Prophets. His example illustrates: that those who remain patient under the stress of all circumstances, are never deprived of high rewards. The Holy Quran affirms:

"And surely we try you with something of fear and hunger, and loss of wealth and crops, but give glad-tidings to the steadfast, who when a misfortune befalls them, say lo! we are Allah's (possession of Allah) and to Him shall we surely return. · Such are they on whom are blessings from their Lord, and mercy. Such are the rightly-guided." (Surah 2 : Verse 155-157)

'Abd-al Latif
11-28-2007, 04:46 PM

Calamities and disasters are a test, and they are a sign of Allaah’s love for a person, because they are like medicine: even though it is bitter, despite its bitterness you give it to the one whom you love – and for Allaah is the highest description. In the saheeh hadeeth it says: “The greatest reward comes with the greatest trial. When Allaah loves a people He tests them. Whoever accepts that wins His pleasure but whoever is discontent with that earns His wrath.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2396) and Ibn Maajah (4031); classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Calamities are good for the believer in the sense that reward is stored up for him the Hereafter thereby; how can it be otherwise when he is raised in status thereby and his bad deeds are expiated? The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Allaah wills good for His slave, He hastens the punishment for him in this world, and when Allaah wills ill for His slave, he withholds the punishment for his sins from him until he comes with all his sins on the Day of Resurrection.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2396); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Do not resent the calamities that come and the disasters that occur, for perhaps in something that you dislike will be your salvation, and perhaps in something that you prefer will be your doom.”

Al-Fadl ibn Sahl said: “There is a blessing in calamity that the wise man should not ignore, for it erases sins, gives one the opportunity to attain the reward for patience, dispels negligence, reminds one of blessings at the time of health, calls one to repent and encourages one to give charity.

Through calamity the believer seeks reward, and there is no way to attain it but patience, and there is no way to be patient except with resolute faith and strong will.

Remember the words of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “How wonderful is the affair of the believer, for his affairs are all good, and this applies to no one but the believer. If something good happens to him, he is thankful for it and that is good for him. If something bad happens to him, he bears it with patience and that is good for him.” (Narrated by Muslim, 2999).

So if calamity befalls a Muslim, he must say Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji’oon (Verily to Allah we belong and unto Him is our return), and say the du’aa’s that have been narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

How wonderful are those moments in which a person turns to his Lord and knows that He alone is the One Who grants relief from distress. How great is the relief when it comes after hardship. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“but give glad tidings to As‑ Saabiroon (the patient).

156. Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: ‘Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return.’

157. They are those on whom are the Salawaat (i.e. who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided ones”

[al-Baqarah 2:155-157]

Muslim (918) narrated that Umm Salamah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “There is no Muslim who is stricken with a calamity and says what Allaah has enjoined – ‘Verily to Allaah we belong and unto Him is our return. O Allaah, reward me for my affliction and compensate me with something better’ – but Allaah will compensate him with something better.”

She said: When Abu Salamah died, I said: Who among the Muslims is better than Abu Salamah, the first household to migrate to join the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? Then I said it, and Allaah compensated me with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Secondly:

There are things which, if the one who is stricken with calamity thinks about them, that will make the calamity easier for him to bear.

In his valuable book Zaad al-Ma’aad (4/189-195), Ibn al-Qayyim has mentioned several things, including the following:

1 – If he looks at what has befallen him, he will find that what his Lord has left for him is similar to it or better than it, and if he is patient and accepts it, He has stored up for him something that is many times greater than what he has lost through this calamity, and if He willed He could have made the calamity even greater.

2 – The fire of calamity can be extinguished by thinking of those who have been hit even harder. Let him look to his right, does he see anything but calamity? Then let him look to his left, does he see anything but loss? If he were to look at the people around him, he would not see anything but people who are tested, either by missing out on something that they like, or by having happen to them that which they dislike. The pains of this world are like dreams or like a passing shadow. If you laugh a little you will weep a lot, and if you are happy for a day you will be miserable for a lifetime, and if you have what you want for a little while, you will be deprived for a long time. There is no day of happiness but it is followed by a day of pain. Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: For every moment of joy there is a moment of sorrow, and no house is filled with joy but it will be filled with sorrow. And Ibn Sireen said: There is never any laughter but there comes weeping after it.

3 – It should be noted that panicking will not make the calamity go away, and in fact it makes it worse.

4 – It should be noted that missing out on the reward for patience and surrender, which is mercy and guidance that Allaah has granted as the reward for patience and turning to Him (by saying Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji’oon (Verily to Allah we belong and unto Him is our return)), is worse than the calamity itself.

5 – It should be noted that panicking makes one’s enemy rejoice and makes one’s friend feel sad; it makes Allaah angry and makes the shaytaan happy; it destroys reward and weakens resolve. If he is patient, seeks reward, strives to please Allaah, to make his friend happy and to make his enemy sad, and seeks to relieve his brothers of their burdens and to console them before they console him, this is steadfastness and a sign of perfection – not slapping one's cheeks, rending one's garment, wishing for death and being discontent with the divine decree.

6 – It should be noted that what comes after being patient and seeking reward is pleasure and joy that is many times greater than what he could have got from keeping what he lost. Sufficient for him is the “house of praise” that will be built for him in Paradise as a reward for his praising his Lord and turning to Him (by saying Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji’oon (Verily to Allah we belong and unto Him is our return)). So let him decide which of the two calamities is greater: a calamity in this world, or the calamity of missing out on the house of praise in eternal Paradise. In al-Tirmidhi it is narrated in a marfoo’ report: “On the Day of Resurrection people will wish that their skins had been cut with scissors in this world, when they see the reward of those who were struck with calamity.” One of the salaf said: Were it not for the calamities of this world, we would come empty-handed on the Day of Resurrection.

7 – It should be noted that the One Who is testing him is the Most Wise and the Most Merciful, and that He – may He be glorified – did not send this calamity in order to destroy him or cause him pain or finish him off, rather He is checking on him, testing his patience, acceptance and faith; it is so that He may hear his du’aa’ and supplication, so that He may see him standing before Him, seeking protection, filled with humility and complaining to Him.

8 – It should be noted that were it not for the trials and tribulations of this world, a person could develop arrogance, self-admiration, a pharaonic attitude and hardheartedness which would lead to his doom in this world and in the Hereafter. It is a sign of the mercy of the Most Merciful that He checks on him from time to time with the remedy of calamity so as to protect him from these diseases, to keep his submission and servitude sound, and to eliminate all bad elements that may lead to his doom. Glory be to the One Who shows mercy by means of testing, and tests by means of blessing, as it is said:

Allaah may bless us with calamities even if that is hard, and Allaah may test some people with blessings.

9 – It should be noted that the bitterness of this world is the essence of sweetness in the Hereafter, as Allaah will turn the former into the latter. Similarly the sweetness of this world is the essence of bitterness in the Hereafter. It is better to move from temporary bitterness to eternal sweetness than the other way round. If this is still not clear to you, then think of what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Paradise is surrounded with difficulties, and Hell is surrounded with desires.” End quote.

Secondly:

In many cases, if a person responds well to calamity, they understand that it is a blessing and a gift, not a test.

Shaykh al-Islam [Ibn Taymiyah] (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: A calamity that makes you turn to Allaah is better for you than a blessing which makes you forget the remembrance of Allaah.”

Sufyaan said: What a person dislikes may be better for him than what he likes, because what he dislikes causes him to call upon Allaah, whereas what he likes may make him heedless.

Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) regarded his imprisonment as a blessing that had been caused by his enemies.

Ibn al-Qayyim said: One day he – meaning Ibn Taymiyah – said to me: What can my enemies do to me? My garden is in my heart; wherever I go it is with me and never leaves me. My detainment is seclusion (an opportunity for worship), my being killed is martyrdom, and being expelled from my city is a journey.

He used to say of his detainment in the citadel: If I were to spend the fill of this citadel in gold, that would not be sufficient to express my gratitude for this blessing. Or he said: That would not be sufficient to reward them for what they have brought to me of goodness.

When he was imprisoned, he used to say when prostrating: “O Allaah, help me to remember You, give thanks to You and to worship You well. Ma sha Allaah. He said to me (Ibn al-Qayyim) one day: The one who is really detained is the one who keeps his heart away from his Lord, and the real prisoner is the one is captive to his whims and desires. When he entered the citadel and was within its walls, he looked at it and said: “So a wall will be put up between them, with a gate therein. Inside it will be mercy, and outside it will be torment” [al-Hadeed 57:13]. Allaah knows that I have never seen anyone who was more content with his life than him, despite all the hardship that he experienced, and the lack of luxury and comfort, in fact the opposite of that, and despite the imprisonment, threats and exhaustion that he faced; despite all of that, he was the happiest of people with his life, the most content, the most courageous, the most satisfied. You could see the signs of joy and happiness in his face. When we felt afraid and were expecting calamity, and we had nowhere to turn, we would go to him and as soon as we saw him and heard his voice, all those fears disappeared and were replaced with contentment, courage, certainty and tranquillity. Glory be to the One who showed some of His slaves His Paradise before they met Him, and opened its gates to them when they were still in this world of deeds and actions, so some of its breezes and fragrance came to them, which made them devote their energy to seeking it and competing in attaining it. End quote.

Al-Waabil al-Sayyib (p. 110).

Taken from islamqa.com

anonymous
11-28-2007, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Dumb people complain
Clever people do something about it.
:salamext:

This person is clever enough to do something about it, m sure, m postive, i can bet my whole life on it. (please don’t let me die now AG :p ) Lets not judge them by just one post insha'Allaah. (or any posts for that matter) They are very strong and they DO trust in Allah. When they opened this thread, it was because they had not eaten, they weren’t thinking properly, and the shaytaan had inserted negative and pessimistic ideas into their mind. He is really active when a person is going through a difficult trial, trying his best to make the believer give up hope. (coz without hope, there’s no life) And he managed to do that, but only for a short while. He can't make this person despair forever alhamdulillah. May Allah protect us from his evil whispers and punish him. May Allah strengthen AG’s heart and mind so He/she is able to fight this devil who’s work is to worry us. Especially those who try and follow Allah’s commands, they are the shaytaans top priority.

Some very excellent advice has been given on this thread masha’Allaah, may Allah reward you all. Not much left for me to say really, except that sometimes life gets tough and we being human, can’t help ranting a little, just to let it out. Maybe it does not seem like it, but AG is trying. I pray Allah forgives them for their weaknesses, and forgives us for ours. We need to remember that sincere repentence drowns all the shaytaans hard work into the drain, n builds our connection with Allah again. Those that read Astaghfaar in difficult times, have doors of ease opening for them from places they can’t even imagine. So even tho our tongues feel dry, and our hearts feel empty, we should still turn to Allah, so that He can turn to us in return. He is waiting for us to give Him our hand, so He the All Kind and All Forgiving, can give us His arm (n He always does, always.)

He will help AG too insha'Allaah, just wait and see. Because this person has helped me in difficult times and made me feel good. And those that make their muslim brothers n sisters feel good and helps them, they also get help in return (from Allah, who is the Best of Helpers). AG has made me laugh many times, not many people have that gift. Their numerous beneficial emails have helped me and others too, to cope in difficult times. I can't praise them or admire them enough. and It makes me sad to see someone who has such a good and generous heart, a humorous and unique personality to be sad and in pain . May Allah increase their ranks in the hereafter, and give them the Best Life in this world, and the Next. Aameen.

To AG: *rollseyes* (sorry, had to roll my eyes, sheesh what a thread!) Allah ne to nahin bewafaiy dikhaiy, vo to ham dikhatein hain :-\ Why do u think neg or despair of Allah's love even for a min? Why do u hold fault with Allah? Dont u know that this is the same Allah who loves us so much He forgives all our mountains of sins? Dont u know tht He helps His servants when they turn to Him? This is the same Allah who provides for His creation and hears their du'a. He is the same Allah who has paradise and a good life promised for those who are patient. Don't u know He puts a person through a test and gives them pain only to exalt their levels and bring them closer to Him? He takes something 'small' of u, to replace it with something much much better, He tests u for a small period of time, Only to give everything to u in the End (n i mean everything) Don't u know that? ah man, If only you knew the reward and all the good deeds that are filling your scales, and if only u knew, how blessed u are because of it, u would not be feeling this way. Your face should be shinning with joy, even through your hardships. Allah has given u so much, family and friends (like me :D), health, talents and good looks (don’t argue with me on that one u blind lil….) and religion and everything! What hasn't He given u? Be thankful so that He will give u more. If Allah hasn't given u one thing yet, just ONE thing, are u going to say He doesn't love u now? man, u lost it for a while, yea U DID. (don't argue with me on tht one either :mmokay: )

Why do u listen to the Shaytaan even for a min. What he says is a lie, while what Allah says is true. Don't let yourself be lead to hopelessness in your pain, u hear me? I am not having a friend of mine who sends me beneficial emails about Islam, be sad or despair of Allah's love themselves. Use the tools that Allah has given u and read and follow the revision guide ( :Koran: ) which His rasool :arabic5: has left us, and get urself back on track. May Allah make it easy for you, bless u with strong Eemaan and Taqwa and Fill ur life with success and happiness. Aameen (say Aameen and smileee u silly muppet)

PS: aamirsaab wasn't judging u, he was just challenging u. If i was in your place, I'd accept that challenge and prove to him (LI's funny and hilarious Mod) that he is very much mistaken. :smile:

I find it funny that you are using the anonymous account too. Grand total of 3 anonymous people on this thread
lol guess that makes me the fourth anon person here then :X and why not? Its not important to know who the poster is, rather, its more important to know what they have to say. take care everyone, fi amanAllah :w: :p

------
11-28-2007, 06:41 PM

Gud advice given Mashaa Allaah.

AnonymousPoster
11-28-2007, 06:41 PM

Originally posted by Ibn-Muhammad

6 – It should be noted that what comes after being patient and seeking reward is pleasure and joy that is many times greater than what he could have got from keeping what he lost. Sufficient for him is the “house of praise” that will be built for him in Paradise as a reward for his praising his Lord and turning to Him (by saying Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji’oon (Verily to Allah we belong and unto Him is our return)). So let him decide which of the two calamities is greater: a calamity in this world, or the calamity of missing out on the house of praise in eternal Paradise. In al-Tirmidhi it is narrated in a marfoo’ report: “On the Day of Resurrection people will wish that their skins had been cut with scissors in this world, when they see the reward of those who were struck with calamity.” One of the salaf said: Were it not for the calamities of this world, we would come empty-handed on the Day of Resurrection.
jazakallah khair this helped a lot brother ibn-muhammad

Originally posted by anonymous

May Allah increase their ranks in the hereafter, and give them the Best Life in this world, and the Next. Aameen.
ameen same 2 u inshallah

alth, talents and good looks (don’t argue with me on that one u blind lil….)
lol

jazakallah khair all, feeling a bit better :)

snakelegs
11-28-2007, 07:56 PM

is it possible that you have been answered but have not been quiet enough to hear it? just something to think about.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Even this very thread could be an answer from Allaah, subhanAllaah it even comforts me so much...

jazakAllaahu khair to everyone.

Assalaamu Alaikum

truemuslim
11-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Rasullallah (saw) said to always be patient in order to earn the high part of jannah. you should really be patient, go to hajj, pray, fast, everything, and allah will grant you the great place in jannah.

Umm Hurairah
11-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabaraktu,

I was just listening to a bayaan/lecture by Moulana Tariq Jameel and Masha Allah it's awesome.

Like two seconds ago, he just narrated a hadith saying that:

On the Day of Judgment, Shaheed/martyred people will come and Allah (SWT) will say: "Question them"

Pious people will come and Allah (SWT) will say: "Question them."

Sedeeq people will come and Allah (SWT) will say: Question them."

People that had been tested in this world will come and Allah (SWT) will say: "Don't question them. I'm shy to question them after the hardships they have gone through."

Allah (SWT) will question shaheeds and he won't question the people that have been tested in this life!!!

Think about this please.

------
11-29-2007, 07:42 PM

Subhaan Allaah, can u post that here please?

Umm Hurairah
11-29-2007, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Subhaan Allaah, can u post that here please?
Waalaikumusalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

Aulad ki maut (Child's death) Part 1:

http://fdc.aswatalislam.net/Audios/Lectures%5CTariq%20Jamil%5C/Tariq%20Jamil%20-%20Aulad-E-Nabi%20Ki%20Maut%201%20(www.aswatalislam.net).mp3

Part 2:

http://fdc.aswatalislam.net/Audios/Lectures%5CTariq%20Jamil%5C/Tariq%20Jamil%20-%20Aulad-E-Nabi%20Ki%20Maut%202%20(www.aswatalislam.net).mp3

I hope the links work Insha Allah. btw the bayaan/lecture is in Urdu so if you don't understand Urdu then I'm sorry.

------
11-29-2007, 07:57 PM

I went to AswatAlIslam n downloaded the Mirror Link

I understand Urdu lol, Alhamdulillah.

Jazaak Allaah Khayr!

Abida
11-29-2007, 08:11 PM
I have a sister whos in problems but unfortunately shes gone away from islam.. she drinks alcohol etcetc..
Remember that pain will get u closer to Allah, and for every pain and tear youll be rewarded insAllah.. May Allah help u resolve it all soon. Ameen.

Woodrow
11-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Each of us suffers much more pain than any body else.

Pain is very individual. We have no way of knowing how much pain another person feels for similar incidents we each have faced. We can not accuratly measure the pain of another. We can only learn what pain they feel more then the others.

Pain, Pleasure, happiness, sorrow, grief, anger, these are all things that bring us to the point we are at this very minute. The thing to keep in mind is that if we can complain about it, we know we are still alive and can still achieve much. Looking back at my own life, I can remember many moments of pain, joy, saddness, anger, love, hate fear, strength and more. If any one of those had not happened my views and enjoyment of life would not be as it is today. I am quite content with where I am at this point and because I know that if any one thing in my past had been different, I might not see and feel life as I do today. so although I would not like to relive even one second of my pains and sorrow, I am glad they happened because without them I might not be as I am today. So it is with you, the pains you feel today will be part of what you will experience in old age. You do have options, you can use the pain as a guide to shape your future as is best for you. Do not miss this wonderful moment by getting lost in the pain and stagnating where you now are. Use these moments as part of the building material to form your future both in this life and in the hereafter.

NoName55
11-29-2007, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Abû Hurayrah relates that Allahs Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should speak a good word or remain silent. And whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should show hospitality to his neighbor. And whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should show hospitality to his guest.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim]
whenever I come across ignorant people talking trash, be it on internet or in real life, when told of their errors, they almost always resort to this one line ; “Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should speak a good word or remain silent. (implication being that whoever told them of there stupidity is not a believer)

IbnAbdulHakim
11-29-2007, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
whenever I come across ignorant people talking trash, be it on internet or in real life, when told of their errors, they almost always resort to this one line ; “Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should speak a good word or remain silent. (implication being that whoever told them of there stupidity is not a believer)
i understand your aggravation but there is a way in which to rebuke and advise people.

I remind myself before all, close enough to everyone lacks in akhlaq so much..

Ummu Sufyaan
11-30-2007, 12:27 AM

Many people are mistaken about the issue of du’aa’ in many ways. With regard to your question we want to point out two mistakes:

1 – You think that du’aa’ is answered just because you say du’aa’. This is wrong, because there are conditions for du’aa’s to be answered and there are impediments which prevent it from being answered.

For a detailed discussion concerning this matter, please see the answer to question no. 5113.

In that discussion you will see that one of the impediments to du’aa’ being answered in your case is your being impatient and getting frustrated.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A person will still be answered so long as his du’aa’ does not involve sin or severing ties of kinship, and so long as he does not become impatient.” It was said: O Messenger of Allaah, what does being impatient mean? He said: “Saying, I said du’aa’, and I said du’aa’, and I did not receive any response, then he becomes frustrated and stops saying du’aa’.” Narrated by Muslim (2735).

2 – You think that the response can only be of one kind, which is getting what you asked for in du’aa’ such as wealth, children, a job and so on. This is wrong, because the response may be of three types: it may be by getting what one asked for in du’aa’, or it may be that evil commensurate with one’s du’aa’ is warded off, or that may be stored up for one as reward for the Day of Resurrection.

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no Muslim who does not offer any du’aa’ in which there is no sin or severing of family ties but Allaah will give him one of three things in return: either He will answer his du’aa’ sooner, or he will store it up for him in the Hereafter, or He will divert an equivalent evil away from him because of it.” They said: “We will say a lot of du’aa’.” He said: “Allaah is more generous.” Narrated by Ahmad (10749), classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb (1633).
Al-Qurtubi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

It was said to Ibraaheem ibn Adham: Why is it that we supplicate and receive no response?

He said because you know Allaah but you do not obey Him, and you know the Messenger but you do not follow his Sunnah, and you know the Qur’aan but you do not act in accordance with it, and you eat from the blessings of Allaah but you do not give thanks for them, and you know Paradise but you do not seek it, and you know Hell but you do not flee from it, and you know the shaytaan but you do not fight him rather you agree with him, and you know death but you do not prepare for it, and you have buried the dead but you do not learn a lesson from that, and you ignore your own faults and are preoccupied with other people’s faults.

Tafseer al-Qurtubi (2/312).
Study this brilliant passage from the writings of Ibn al-Jawzi concerning this matter. He (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

I think part of the test is when a believer supplicates and receives no response, and he repeats the du’aa’ for a long time and sees no sign of a response. He should realize that this is a test and needs patience.

What a person experiences of waswaas when the response is delayed is a sickness which needs medicine, I have experienced this myself. A calamity befell me and I supplicated and did not see any response, and Iblees started to lay his traps. Sometimes he said : The generosity (of Allaah) is abundant and He is not miserly, so why is there a delay?

I said to him: Be gone, O cursed one, for I have no need of anyone to argue my case and I do not want you as a supporter!

Then I told myself: Beware of going along with his whispers, for if there was no other reason for the delay except that Allaah is testing you to see whether you will fight the enemy, that is sufficient wisdom.

My soul (nafs) said: How could you explain the delay in the response of Allaah to your prayers for relief from this calamity?

I said: It is proven with evidence that Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, is the Sovereign, and the Sovereign may withhold or give, so there is no point in objecting to Him.

2 – The wisdom behind that is proven in definitive evidence. I may think that something is good, but wisdom does not dictate it, but the reason for that may be hidden, just as a doctor may do things that appear outwardly to be harmful, intending some good purpose thereby. Perhaps this is something of that nature.

3 – There may be an interest to be served by delay, and haste may be harmful. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A person will be fine so long as he does not become impatient and says, ‘I prayed but I did not receive any answer.’”

4 – The response may be withheld because of some fault in you. Perhaps there was something dubious in what you ate or your heart was heedless at the time when you said the du’aa’, or your punishment is being increased by means of your need being withheld, because of some sin from which you have not repented sincerely.

So look for some of these reasons, so that you might achieve your aim.

5 – You should examine the intention behind this request, because attaining it may lead to more sin, or prevent you from doing some good, so withholding it is better.

It was narrated that one of the salaf used to ask Allaah to help him to go out on campaign, but a voice called out to him: If you go out on campaign you will be taken prisoner, and if you are taken prisoner you will become a Christian!

6 – Perhaps losing what you have missed out on will cause you to turn to Allaah and getting it will distract you from Him. This is obvious, based on the fact that were it not for this calamity you would not have turned to Him, because the real calamity is what distracts you from Him, but what makes you stand before Him is good for you and is in your best interests.

If you ponder these things you will focus on what is more beneficial for you, such as correcting a mistake or seeking forgiveness or standing before Allaah and beseeching Him, and forget about what you have missed out on . End quote.

Sayd al-Khaatir (59-60).
I advise you to read the whole fatwa, as ive only quoted the relavant parts above.
Source
Things which may prevent du’aa’ from being answered include:

1. When the du’aa’ is weak in itself, because it involves something inappropriate, or involves bad manners towards Allaah, may He be exalted, or it is inappropriate, which means asking Allaah for something which it is not permitted to ask, e.g. when a man asks to live forever in this world, or he asks for a sin or something haraam, or he prays that he will die, and so on. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A person's du’aa’s will continue to be answered so long as he does not pray for something sinful or for the breaking of family ties.” Narrated by Muslim.

2. When the person who is making du’aa’ is weak in himself, because he is faint-hearted in his turning towards Allaah. This may be either because of bad manners towards Allaah, may He be exalted – such as raising his voice in du’aa’ or making du’aa’ in the manner of one who thinks he has no need of Allaah; or because he pays too much attention to the wording and tries to come up with unnecessarily ornate phrases, without paying attention to the meaning; or because he tries too hard to weep or shout without really feeling it, or he goes to extremes in that.

3. The reason why his du’aa’ is not answered may be because he has done something that Allaah has forbidden, such as having haraam wealth – whether it be food or drink or clothing or accommodation or transportation, or he has taken a haraam job, or the stain of sin is still in his heart, or he is following bid’ah (innovation) in religion, or his heart has been overtaken by negligence.

4. Consuming haraam wealth. This is one of the major reasons why du’aa’s are not answered. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O people, Allaah is Good and only accepts that which is good. Allaah commanded the pious to follow the same commandments as He gave to the Messengers. He says (interpretation of the meaning):

‘O (you) Messengers! Eat of the Tayyibaat [all kinds of Halaal (lawful) foods which Allaah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, milk products, fats, vegetables, fruits)] and do righteous deeds. Verily, I am Well-Acquainted with what you do’ [al-Mu’minoon 23:51]

‘O you who believe (in the Oneness of Allaah — Islamic Monotheism)! Eat of the lawful things that We have provided you with’ [al-Baqarah 2:172]

Then he mentioned a man who has travelled on a long journey and is dishevelled and covered with dust; he stretches forth his hands to the heaven, (saying) “O Lord, O Lord”, but his food is haraam, his drink is haraam, all his nourishment is haraam, so how can he du’aa’ be accepted?” Narrated by Muslim.

The man described by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had some of the characteristics which help du’aa’s to be answered – he was travelling and he was in need of Allaah, may He be exalted and glorified – but the fact that he consumed haraam wealth prevented his du’aa’ from being answered. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

5. Trying to hasten the response. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The du’aa’ of any one of you will be answered so long as he is not impatient and says, ‘I made du’aa’ but it was not answered.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.
Source

syilla
11-30-2007, 01:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
Please don't judge people just by their complaints on the internet...
i know you have 'the' knowledge...but i'm sure thats not the prophet Muhamaad :arabic5: ways.

You can never know one day she/he will be better than you.

to the 1st post :

Al-Hasan al-Basri said:

people are all the same in health and ease, but when hardship befalls them, true distinction is shown
A strong faith unveils itself in strong hardships.

A believer sees in Yahya, son of Zakariyya, a fine example. He was killed by a tyrant who confronted him, yet He (Glorified and Exalted), who made him a prophet, did not intervene nor defend him.
Musa (peace be upon him) prayed against Fir’awn, who killed children and crucified magicians and cut their hands, for 40 years before he was answered.

sevgi
11-30-2007, 01:21 AM

it appears we have forgotten abt the initial poster and have begun an argument on the tactics of responding to posts...

so far off topic...

i mite add that i believe the thread starter will be fine.she/he is a very strong individual...

sometimes we feel lonely.we have nowhere to turn to...and we are on the verge of losing hope in Allah. we feel the need to bring this to 'anyones' attention...some people chose to do it the way the OP did.

peace.

al-muslimah
11-30-2007, 03:03 AM
AnonymousGender,are you even Muslim to begin with.I can't tell.If yes,
then the answer to your statement:do you know what? i don’t believe Allah tests those he luvz coz if u luv sum1 u wouldn’t want to see them in pain and at the end of their patience all the time, so what is this???????? what kind of love is this!!!!! i'm in pain everyday, at the edge of my patience, been praying to Allah for 3 years n yet i've not been answered!!!! WHAT KIND OF LOVE IS THIS???????!!!!!!!!!----------------------

Yes Allah does test those whom he loves and even rasullah would have been ashamed to hear this from a follower of his just like when Khabbab ibn al-arrat came to him when they were being persecuted in Makkah and said " Aren't u gonna ask Allah to pray for us (help us)?" he sat up straight, as he was laying down under the ka'bah and replied" the ones before use to suffer more than this and would be brought before their leader and he would say apostasize form this religion and they eould never do so , a axer would be placed on top of their head and they would be cut into peices and another would be told the same and he would refuse until they place an iron comb on his head and peel his scalp with it.Eww. But all for islam and Allah says -walaqibatu lil mutaqeen--the end victory is for the believers.So yes patience indeed.Musa(AS) and he suffered worse than this and he had patience with banu israil.

tigersabre
11-30-2007, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-muslimah
AnonymousGender,are you even Muslim to begin with.I can't tell.If yes,
then the answer to your statement:do you know what? i don’t believe Allah tests those he luvz coz if u luv sum1 u wouldn’t want to see them in pain and at the end of their patience all the time, so what is this???????? what kind of love is this!!!!! i'm in pain everyday, at the edge of my patience, been praying to Allah for 3 years n yet i've not been answered!!!! WHAT KIND OF LOVE IS THIS???????!!!!!!!!!----------------------

Yes Allah does test those whom he loves and even rasullah would have been ashamed to hear this from a follower of his just like when Khabbab ibn al-arrat came to him when they were being persecuted in Makkah and said " Aren't u gonna ask Allah to pray for us (help us)?" he sat up straight, as he was laying down under the ka'bah and replied" the ones before use to suffer more than this and would be brought before their leader and he would say apostasize form this religion and they eould never do so , a axer would be placed on top of their head and they would be cut into peices and another would be told the same and he would refuse until they place an iron comb on his head and peel his scalp with it.Eww. But all for islam and Allah says -walaqibatu lil mutaqeen--the end victory is for the believers.So yes patience indeed.Musa(AS) and he suffered worse than this and he had patience with banu israil.
It's probably best to assume that when someone says they're muslim, they probably are.

vpb
11-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Media Tags are no longer supported

------
12-04-2007, 01:43 PM

Subhaan Allaah.....This video always make me cry man!! :cry:

vpb
12-05-2007, 11:19 AM

it's a 1st class video :D

Protected_Diamond
12-05-2007, 12:23 PM
I think you need to study Islam again. Go over the stories of the prophets in particular. You'll find that they went through so much worse than us and yet Allah s.w.a loved them. It's all a test. You just need to get through it. Life has more downs than ups but focus on the things you love and bring Islam into your life. It helps you understand everything that goes on.

Just sit down and contemplate - don't be afraid to ask people to teach you about Islam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.