/* */

PDA

View Full Version : He forbade his Soul from desires

00:00
11-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Ibn Hazm relates that a young, handsome man had a very close friend, and they trusted each other so much that all barriers of caution were removed from between them.

The young man one day intended to spend the night at his friends house, in the middle of the night, the host had an important errand to run outside of the house, and when he did not return, it was understood that he would probably return the following day.

His young guest, however was still in the house and so was the beautiful wife of the host, who was approximately the same age as the young man.

When she knew that it was not possible for her husband to return on that night, her heart yearned for the young man that was staying as a guest. She appeared before him in his room and invited him to take her.

At first, he intended to do as she asked, and then his wits returned to him, and he did something strange indeed: he put his finger in the lamp, covered his finger with fire, and all the while he was saying to himself, "taste this, and how can this be compared to the fire of Hell?"

The woman was terrified to witness that scene, but ever so quickly she invited him again to herself and again his desire returned.

But he did the same as before, and by the time that the morning came, one could have witnesses that the fire of the lamp had completely destroyed his finger.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
11-28-2007, 02:48 PM
:salamext:

:ooh:

rozeena
11-28-2007, 04:10 PM
thanks 4 sharin bro,

Ali.
11-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Thanks for sharing.
I think like that sometimes; except I don't actually take action, I just think to myself "Remember that time where you burnt yourself? For 1 second, with a little fire? Imagine HELL."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bint Abdusattar
11-28-2007, 10:12 PM
:sl:

What - this is called making a real effort to think of the Akhira!
my efforts seem tiny in comparison- when i started wearing the hijaab in the summer in the scorching temperatures in Pakistan - 1 really wanted to take it off but what stopped me was the the thought of the hell-fire being hotter than the sun on my hijabbed head

:w:

Intisar
11-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Subhanallah, just goes to show that one minute of 'desire' turns to an eternity of hell. Who would give up heaven?

May Allah save us from harm, ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.