/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Interactive Quran Tutor

akulion
09-21-2005, 01:02 PM
:sl:
Insha'Allah my post finds everyone in the best of health and imaan ameen.
I have developed a new learning tool for new Muslims and kids called
Interactive Quran Tutor
(requires flash player)

Interactive Quran Tutor can be viewed at:
http://path-to-peace.com/al_fatih_tutor.html

For now I have only developed one, but Insha'Allah more will be developed over time. Feedback is required from people who choose to view it (so improvements can be made) on the following aspects:

1. Design - Is the over all design pleasing ?
2. Usability - Was it easy to use?
3. Sound - Was the quality of sound acceptable?
4. Practicality - On a scale of 1(low) to 5(high) please rate this type of applications practicaliity.

I would like to request to the administrator of this forum to kindly make this post sticky for a few days if possible, since I require feedback from as many members as possible regarding my new project "The Interactive Quran Tutor" :thumbs_up

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
09-21-2005, 01:52 PM

Jazakallahu Khayr for informing us about this site and Masha'Allaah it seems a very helpful way to inform people about prayer and Qur'an. I thought the design, usability and sound were all fine and did not have any problems with that.

I would perhaps recommend using the recording of Qur'an from a Qaari who can recite with good Tajweed Insha'Allaah so that people learn it in the best way.

Last of all, I noticed in the section decribing Salah that there was a difference regarding the way men and women pray, therefore I ask you to view the following link which clarifies that both pray in the same way: Q&A

:w:

akulion
09-21-2005, 02:35 PM
Jazak Allah khair for the information, I will make the required modifications in the coming days.

As for professional recitation, that was what I wanted originally, the only problem that arose was that those recitations are 'continous' with no breaks between the words. Thus I have to edit every single word which takes ages, and even after editing it sounds as if its incomplete (the individual sound). But I am working on that aspect, trying to get a bro to do the recitations for me (his recitation is professional). But due to his busy schedule he hasnt been able to do anything since the last 2 weeks...sigh!!

But either ways changing the sounds in flash is easy as pie, so no biggie.

Umm Yoosuf
09-22-2005, 08:49 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum.

Masha Allah very nice website. Like brother Muhammad said the difference regarding the way men and women pray needs to be changed. I like the nasheed playing on the background on the main page.

The design is quite settle. I personally like it. Its quite easy to find your way around the site.

Wasalaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lina
09-27-2005, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

Jazakallahu Khayr for informing us about this site and Masha'Allaah it seems a very helpful way to inform people about prayer and Qur'an. I thought the design, usability and sound were all fine and did not have any problems with that.

I would perhaps recommend using the recording of Qur'an from a Qaari who can recite with good Tajweed Insha'Allaah so that people learn it in the best way.

Last of all, I noticed in the section decribing Salah that there was a difference regarding the way men and women pray, therefore I ask you to view the following link which clarifies that both pray in the same way: Q&A

I think it's better to just add a recording of Qur'an from a Qaari who can recite with good Tajweed at the end of the page, after you memorize it in parts it will be easily to learn the whole Surah Incha'Allah, this will make it more easy. (I think)

What would be a good idea is to also add locations (Mosques) where you can participate in Islamic events because a lot of reverts don't really know where to practice what they have learned and offcourse to learn more.

Furthermore it's very beneficial. Jazakallah Algair.

rukx
10-15-2005, 03:31 PM
wiked site

Khayal
10-17-2005, 11:50 PM

MashaAllah, beautiful site..:rose: :thumbs_up

Jazak ALLAH khair.

Fatma Mahmoud
10-18-2005, 11:54 PM
This is an excellent site. As a fairly new Muslim ... I was wondering how I would ever learn anything from the Qu'ran to recite but this is a wonderful beginning. It is extremely helpful and makes me so anxious to use the site every day. Thank you for sharing this with us all.

~*~Serene~*~
10-31-2005, 08:37 PM
jazakallahu khairan

akulion
11-02-2005, 06:22 PM
You are all welcome - And thank you so much for all the kind words

I am in such a mess, I started way too many projects simeltaneously and now the list is so big I am having a crisis loool

- More interactive Quran tutors to make
- Bring Professional Recitation to them
- Launch Kids section of the Website
- Launch Audio / Video section of the website
- Edit and add more articles which I have compiled
- Make more interactive Quizzes

and worst part is I am mid way in every single project eekk

lol anyways pray I can get them all done by end of Dec

esp since I have my GMATs to prepare for as well!! EEKK

Rabi'ya
11-15-2005, 04:02 PM
MashAllah this site is amazing....It is gonna be really helping inshAllah

Rabi'ya:rose:

akulion
11-15-2005, 05:59 PM
Jazak Allah khair sis - oh and on a short note - the interactive tutors have been given a face life
additionally to the features mentioned before -they now feature:

- Option to play Professional recitation by Saad Al Ghamdi
- Tafsir of the Surah by Abdullah Yousef Ali
- A help screen
- An 'about screen'
- A new more colorful title screen

not all tutors were changed yet - but the 2 newer ones have been changed, an example:
http://path-to-peace.com/al_asr_tutor.html

PS: If anyone is willing to help with this project it will be greatly appretiated, help is needed in the following areas:
- Someone with an Arabic accent who can REALLY pronounce the words VERY properly and someone willing to spend the time to make the sound files one by one (ill teach u how)
- Someone who has knowledge of creating 'Arabic Vector Graphic Words' since the tutor currently uses only gifs and jpegs which when zoomed in 'blow up'

safwana
11-15-2005, 06:12 PM
gd site

akulion
11-15-2005, 06:16 PM
thank you sis

lemme tell u what just happend lool its funny!

I was checking the tutor myself and put my headphones on to hear the sounds.....
I totally forgot I had earlier plugged in my speaker system and disconnected the headphones! So needless to say when I pressed the buttons no sound was heard!
So I panicked thinking the tutors were 'broke' lool

only just now I realized what was happening - so phew - i nearly reuploaded the tutors to the site!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.