/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Religion Minor, Looking for perspectives

Jimboroni
11-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Hello everybody! I'm a student in my senior year at college, working on a project for my World Religions course. I'm hoping to get an interview with somebody about Islam so I can learn more about the religion. PM me if you can help out! Thanks a bunch!
Peace out.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
UmmSqueakster
11-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Welcome! I was a religious studies major in college. Lots of fun, but not very useful in the job market, lol.

What kind of perspective are you looking for? Someone raised muslim or someone who's converted? Someone who lives in the "muslim world" or someone in the west?

There are lots of different sorts of muslims, so you'll get a different perspective depending on who you interview. I'd interview a variety of people, to get a wider range of views.

Jimboroni
11-28-2007, 08:50 PM
What kind of perspective are you looking for? Someone raised muslim or someone who's converted? Someone who lives in the "muslim world" or someone in the west?
Ah, I forgot to be specific! Thanks for bringing that up. I'm looking for an American Muslim, preferably one who was raised in his or her religion (though people who have converted will also be great).

I look forward to chatting with people here, everyone seems really friendly.

UmmSqueakster
11-28-2007, 09:03 PM
Well, I'm an midwestern american woman who converted to Islam ~5 years ago, who has studied Islam in the University and who has begun to study it more traditionally. I'd be happy to provide my perspective

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jimboroni
11-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Thanks so much for replying to my post! I'd like to conduct the interview over instant messenger, but email is fine if you're more comfortable with that (look at my profile for that info). Can we set up a time on Monday or Tuesday around 6 pm (5 pm your time)? Let me know what's convenient for you!

Thanks again,
Jim

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.