/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is my life over??

qassy!
11-29-2007, 02:06 AM
hello

I am very upset with my self I am thinking how stupid I have been all my life will Allah forgive me?

I go out with girls all the time n do alot of other stupid stuff

And I'm ashamed

Will Allah forgive me? I want to turn my life around.

Thanks for ur help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
qassy!
11-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Please anyone

Jazza Kalah

IbnAbdulHakim
11-29-2007, 01:03 PM
subhanAllaah!

YES Allaah WILL forgive you IF you sincerely repemt (stop the sins, turn to islaam, live halaal).

Bro it might seem hard but trust me, you can live completely halaal and still have loadsa fun, and you know what this fun comes with inner contentment! Seriously just hanging around with family/cousins etc feels so good! even going and just chilling in the masjid for a bit, its all good!

but just give up the haram, make taubah, and trust me Allaah will listen !

here check this out:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...sir-qadhi.html

bro i hope you become a true mu'min and me too inshaAllaah !!

Assalamu Alaikum

------
11-29-2007, 01:05 PM
:salamext:

Brother if you sincerely repent and turn to Allaah subhaan wa taa'la then He will forgive you.

Allaah forgives ALL sins, do not despair of His Mercy!

The Authority of Anas

I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say: “Allah the Almighty said: O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me, and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.”

Reporters
It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound.
The Authority of Abu Hurayrah

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “Our Lord (glorified and exalted be He) descends each night to the earth’s sky when there remains the final third of the night, and He says: Who is saying a prayer to Me that I may answer it? Who is asking something of Me that I may give it to him? Who is asking forgiveness of Me that I may forgive him?”

Reporters
It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Muslim, Malik, at-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud). In a version by Muslim the Hadith ends with the words: And thus He continues till [the light of] dawn shines.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
qassy!
11-29-2007, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
subhanAllaah!

YES Allaah WILL forgive you IF you sincerely repemt (stop the sins, turn to islaam, live halaal).

Bro it might seem hard but trust me, you can live completely halaal and still have loadsa fun, and you know what this fun comes with inner contentment! Seriously just hanging around with family/cousins etc feels so good! even going and just chilling in the masjid for a bit, its all good!

but just give up the haram, make taubah, and trust me Allaah will listen !

here check this out:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...sir-qadhi.html

bro i hope you become a true mu'min and me too inshaAllaah !!

Assalamu Alaikum

Thanks 4 that bro

Yes its going to be very hard, it sounds impossible but im going to try

Im going to break up with my girl,

You say you can still have fun? I mean its hard 2 have fun when everything is not allowed in islam

------
11-29-2007, 01:14 PM

Subhaan Allaah brother! WHen u say 'have fun' what do u mean? DOing drugs, going out with girls, living it up the gangster lifestyle?! SUBHAAN ALLAAH! This isn't the purpose of our life brother, the purpose of our life is to Worship Allaah swt and to attain Jannah.

Coz this life is nothing... absolutely nothing. It's not even worth a mosquitos wing....

IbnAbdulHakim
11-29-2007, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
You say you can still have fun? I mean its hard 2 have fun when everything is not allowed in islam
the understanding comes with time. You know the more you learn about islaam.. the more you understand.. the more you realise the illusions of the "entertainment" which this world offers.

you know Ali ibn abu talib right? the cousin of the prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam he said:

Ali ibn Abu Talib Radhiallahu anhu was asked,

"Describe the world to us"

he said,

"What can i say about a house that begins with harship and ends in extinction? Whose lawful pleasures will make us stand to account and whos taboos will make us face punishment? Whoever is plagued with fortune in it is beguiled and whoever was plaugued with poverty is distressed!"

and trust me! i dont watch movies/listen to music/eat haram or anything and i have jokes everyday!! when you move towards Allaah, Allah opens new more pure ways for you ! hope it works out bro, just learn more about islaam and you wont even like your previous lifestyle nemore... trust me!

Assalamu Alaikum

qassy!
11-29-2007, 02:32 PM
its going to be so hard to change but im going to try.

If you read my other threads youll undertand!

Camomilla
11-29-2007, 02:37 PM
its going to be so hard to change but im going to try.

If you read my other threads youll undertand!
turn to Allah(SWT), The Most High, The Most Merciful.
none can help you except Allah, so I'm advicing you this.
May Allah(SWT) guide us to the right path.

Camomilla
11-29-2007, 02:44 PM
repent, ask Allah(SWT) to forgive you while your still alive!
Once a person dies, there wont be any second chance.

qassy!
11-29-2007, 02:46 PM
yes i kno im going mosque from now on and all that..........im so stressed out about this atm

------
11-29-2007, 02:51 PM

Take one day at a time. Start from 1 thing, and then move on to the next when you are comfortable with it. Subhaan Allaah, Allaah has guided you brother.

Abida
11-29-2007, 02:55 PM
SubhanAllah, Allah swt is the Most Merciful, you have to believe in forgiveness. And if you do anything for Him and His pleasure, be sure youll get many things better than things you give up from. Im struggling in that 2.. It is hard, but insAllah ull be rewarded for that if u make it.
Allah is with us when theres nobody.. Hes helping you..
I hope youll get trough that insAllah.. Everybody has to fight.. You have a reward for it.
:sl:

Abida
11-29-2007, 02:56 PM
SubhanAllah, Allah swt is the Most Merciful, you have to believe in forgiveness. And if you do anything for Him and His pleasure, be sure youll get many things better than things you give up from. Im struggling in that 2.. My friends, town is like that. Get away from the people who're taking you away of islam.. It is hard, but insAllah ull be rewarded for that if u make it.
Allah is with us when theres nobody.. Hes helping you..
I hope youll get trough that insAllah.. Everybody has to fight.. You have a reward for it.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-29-2007, 03:02 PM
yes i kno im going mosque from now on and all that..........im so stressed out about this atm
lol relax bro, have some chai/saa/tea

qassy!
11-29-2007, 03:05 PM
lol im stressed u dont understand bruv!!!!

Im gonna have red bull in a min 2 calm me down

and i was going to listen to music........but cant :( god how cant i listen to music!!

"Abida"

Thanks for that sis

"friends, town is like that. Get away from the people who're taking you away of islam"

I cane move from where i live!! i love where I live!!

------
11-29-2007, 03:06 PM

1 THING AT A TIME

Don't over burden yourself

Gtg take care Assalamu Alaykum

qassy!
11-29-2007, 03:12 PM
yes yes

but i mean seriously never want to move from this area. If you lived here for all your life you would love it :)

IbnAbdulHakim
11-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Im gonna have red bull in a min 2 calm me down
doesnt that normally make you more hyper?! lol

and i was going to listen to music........but cant :( god how cant i listen to music!!
bro did you know that its physically impossible to love music and Quran at the same time... and i mean love, as have a yearning for it... its a saying of one of the companions of our prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam.

trust me, music is sikness, its one of the reasons your finding it so hard to understand all these things about islaam, and plus music breeds hippocrisy in the heart... subhanAllah !

"friends, town is like that. Get away from the people who're taking you away of islam"

I cane move from where i live!! i love where I live!!
you dont hav to get away, i know mates who were like you aswell, they just joined the masjid scene... why dont you try that?! that might help a lot inshaAllah.

Assalamu Alaikum

Noor 13
11-29-2007, 05:00 PM
:sl:brother

I know exactly how you feel. I am a revert and did all the things you are doing now before I came to Islam. You can do it just take it easy. Don't change everything at once. One thing at a time and pray pray pray to Allah to forgive you and for his help. Allah is Ever Forgiving and Most Merciful.
He will help you to get away from all these things if you repent from the bottom of your heart.
You don't need music to be happy-listen to Q'ran it will ease your heart and will help you to calm down.
You don't need a girlfriend. Try to bring your life in order and then look for the right girl to marry.
Go to the msjid and try to find practicing brothers to hang out with.
But most importantly have faith in Allah to help you.
:w:

Pk_#2
11-29-2007, 05:01 PM
yes yes

but i mean seriously never want to move from this area. If you lived here for all your life you would love it :)
Drink some Ribena and chillax bro, don't aim to become a sheikh by tomorrow

All the best.

qassy!
11-29-2007, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
doesnt that normally make you more hyper?! lol

bro did you know that its physically impossible to love music and Quran at the same time... and i mean love, as have a yearning for it... its a saying of one of the companions of our prophet sallallahi alaihi wasallaam.

trust me, music is sikness, its one of the reasons your finding it so hard to understand all these things about islaam, and plus music breeds hippocrisy in the heart... subhanAllah !

you dont hav to get away, i know mates who were like you aswell, they just joined the masjid scene... why dont you try that?! that might help a lot inshaAllah.

Assalamu Alaikum
I drink red bull on a regural bassics helps me concertaete on my work

format_quote Originally Posted by Noor 13
:sl:brother

I know exactly how you feel. I am a revert and did all the things you are doing now before I came to Islam. You can do it just take it easy. Don't change everything at once. One thing at a time and pray pray pray to Allah to forgive you and for his help. Allah is Ever Forgiving and Most Merciful.
He will help you to get away from all these things if you repent from the bottom of your heart.
You don't need music to be happy-listen to Q'ran it will ease your heart and will help you to calm down.
You don't need a girlfriend. Try to bring your life in order and then look for the right girl to marry.
Go to the msjid and try to find practicing brothers to hang out with.
But most importantly have faith in Allah to help you.

i think i am going to take it step by step

just paid a vist 2 kuri didn't, didn't let her down

im gonna start namaz

and then on a weekly basis ill stop something

IbnAbdulHakim
11-29-2007, 05:10 PM
^ i'll keep making dua 4 u bro, hope u succeed inshaAllaah !!!!!

aadil77
11-29-2007, 05:18 PM

bro im suspecting ur from somewhere around bolton(paki lands, chill i'm paki too), tell me if i'm wrong.
Yh u gotta change man, do it for the sake of Allah, theres enough benefits to it aswell, you gotta fight the shaytan that whispers bull into your ears:D, any way good luck:thumbs_up

qassy!
11-29-2007, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77

bro im suspecting ur from somewhere around bolton(paki lands, chill i'm paki too), tell me if i'm wrong.
Yh u gotta change man, do it for the sake of Allah, theres enough benefits to it aswell, you gotta fight the shaytan that whispers bull into your ears:D, any way good luck:thumbs_up
not bolton
london essex!!!!

i know i am going 2 try but its gonna ba hard!

The Ruler
11-29-2007, 07:12 PM

You are indeed in a crisis. And I'm quite sure you don't want me to remind you of that.

But as many suggested, take a step at a time. A friend of mine took three steps on our school stairs and called herself a superman. We don't believe in superman right? There's a point in what I've just said.

I'd suggest not to have the following outlook on life:

format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4
Coz this life is nothing... absolutely nothing. It's not even worth a mosquitos wing....
I am aware that the following is entirely my opinion as I am aware of what the Qur'an and Sunnah teaches us. But one must understand the extent to which the statement 'this life is nothing' goes to. Yes ofcourse, when compared to the hereafter, this dunya indeed is not as worth as a mosquito wing. But you must understand the context at which the word 'dunya' is spoken at. If it means the worldly pleasures and riches which are means of fitnah, then, by all means on this dunya, stay away from them. But if by dunya you mean the planet earth, I quite believe that it means a heck of a lot to us humans since it is the only planet capable of supporting human species (and ofcourse, not forgetting, the only planet with Ferrero Rocher).

This world was created for us humans in which we can live and cultivate for our life in the hereafter.

This cultivation is not a matter of days. It's a matter of a lifetime. Take your time. Relax. Focus on your goal. Be determined and you'll get there insha'Allah.

My du'as are with you.

AhlaamBella
11-29-2007, 07:44 PM
I just want to say brother: Well done.

I've been reading your other threads and Im really suprised to hear your only 17. Not many guys feel this way at this age.

It may be difficult at firs but inshAllah you'll be fine :)

aadil77
11-29-2007, 08:39 PM
not bolton
london essex!!!!

i know i am going 2 try but its gonna ba hard!
bro nothing is easy, we're not living in an islamic country so theres plenty of temptations, this world is a test for us, if you wanna achive something in the next life then you've gotta work for it! simple as that

Instead of moaning about it, start off slow, then slowly inshallah Allah will guide you

Also since your pakistani, I'd have thought your parents would have you on lockdown

Fishman
11-29-2007, 08:52 PM
A barbed wire fence is only harsh to the skin if you come near to it. If you stay well inside the fence you will not feel it and you will be safe from all who come in from the outside to get you.
Likewise, the rules of Islam only seem harsh and strict when you come near to breaking them. Stay well inside the Law of Islam and you will not even know it is there, yet it will protect you from all of Shaytan's temptations...

tigersabre
11-29-2007, 09:07 PM
hello

I am very upset with my self I am thinking how stupid I have been all my life will Allah forgive me?

I go out with girls all the time n do alot of other stupid stuff

And I'm ashamed

Will Allah forgive me? I want to turn my life around.

Thanks for ur help

All sins are forgivable, so long as you're alive and ask Allah sincerely to forgive you.

Sincere repentance includes:

1. Deep regret
2. Asking for forgiveness
3. Doing your best not to return to that sin.

If it happens again, go through the process again. The size of Allah's Mercy is incomprehensible.

Kittygyal
11-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Salamualikum.

May Allaah guide you. Amin

Ma'assalama

gladTidings
11-29-2007, 10:43 PM
:sl: bro,

Alhamdullilah it is brilliant that you have firstly recognised your wrong doings, and secondly you are willing to improve yourself. Allah swt is all merciful and most forgiving and tells us His mercy overcomes His wrath. Allah swt will not turn away from one who is seeking his guidance but will inshAllah help him in his journey:

"As for those who strive hard in Our cause, We will surely guide them to Our
Paths (Allah's religion).” [Surah Al-‘Ankabut (29), Ayah 69.]

and subhanAllah, a beautiful hadith:

Allah the Almighty says: ‘I am as My servant expects Me to be. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than it. And if he draws near to Me a hand's span, I draw near to him arm’s length; and if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’

[Muslim]

Also it is most important that you are sincere in your decision and are seeking the pleasure of Allah swt alone and He will help you in your direction.

Like the brothers and sisters have said... you cant change over night. Improving your character is a long and difficult journey but inshAllah the more you struggle in the path of Allah, you will be rewarded for it. Nobody is perfect and we all give in to our ego now and then, but this gives us no reason to lose hope in Allah swts mercy.

Practically, I agree you should give up maybe one habit at a time, try to understand why Allah swt has made these laws and why he has forbidden for example music and intermingling. InshAllah this should make it easy for you as you recognise the benefits of Allah swts laws.

It also helps to realise that this life is only temporary and the hereafter is the reason we are here, where we will be able to see the fruit of our deeds.

“So whosoever does good equal to an atom’s weight will see it then;
and whosoever does evil equal to an atom’s weight will see it then.” [Surah
Az-Zalzalah (98), Ayat 7-8.]

Like sis mujahida said:

Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4
“And the life of this world in nothing but play and amusement. But far
better is the abode of the hereafter
for those who keep their duty (to Allah). Will you not then understand?” [Surah Al-An’am (6), Ayah 32.]

Dont stress yourself, remember we are all on the same journey so make friends with those who will strive to do good and abandon evil inshAllah, maybe at the masjid? May Allah accept our repentence and make us firm on the path of righteousness. Aameen.

Ws.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-30-2007, 12:42 AM
well, its great you recognize your own shortcmings. evreryone here has already summarized what i wanted to say anyways. but about the music thingee, just find yourself a recitor that 'moves you,' and listen to him. i personally like sh shuraim----nothing short of brillant, check this
Media Tags are no longer supported
and
Media Tags are no longer supported
(others like sudais, al-luhaidaan, minshawy, al-efaasy-just google their names and inshallah you'll come up with something or even check out the mulimedia section here.)

NYCmuslim
11-30-2007, 01:04 AM
Brother qassy, have you read the Quran?

I suggest you get an english translation (arabic if you can read arabic that is better) and start reading it slowly. Open your mind and absorb and understand every word that you read. Read the words of the very Creator who created you and this universe.

Read the Quran and you will understand the purpose of life.

May Allah guide you.

------
11-30-2007, 09:46 AM

Always remember one thing - take one day at a time, and don't rush yourself into things...

Ummu Sufyaan
11-30-2007, 09:49 AM
BIG TIME!!!

AhlaamBella
11-30-2007, 10:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Always remember one thing - take one day at a time, and don't rush yourself into things...
The best advice!!

Sahabiyaat
11-30-2007, 10:12 AM
MashaAllah brother
we are SO proud of you :D
Allah has indeed blessed you by showing you that the life your leading is worthless and that pleasures like listening to music and having a girlfriend are very short lived.

These things dont satisfy your soul.Only constant remembrance of Allah and complete submission to him will bring you peace.youve taken the first step :bravo: and may Allah help your imaan to increase even more ia.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-30-2007, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
MashaAllah brother
we are SO proud of you :D
Allah has indeed blessed you by showing you that the life your leading is worthless and that pleasures like listening to music and having a girlfriend are very short lived.

These things dont satisfy your soul.Only constant remembrance of Allah and complete submission to him will bring you peace.youve taken the first step :bravo: and may Allah help your imaan to increase even more ia.
that pretty much sums up how i feel, i really wanna see bro Qassy! come back and tell us that his turned it all around (in a few months) inshaAllaah

Assalamu Alaikum

qassy!
11-30-2007, 05:36 PM
brothers & sisters

I did not make a good start today. I never look @ girls all day or chat 2 them @ college. Then @ the end of the day I sold somthing 2 a girl

im trying my best and I will change my life inshallah

i been thinking about how im going to change my life on the bus as well
Inshallah it will happen

Inshallah

edit: im so ashamed of my self!!!!!!!

The Ruler
11-30-2007, 06:46 PM

Remember: One step at a time.

small&#3720music20note - You're no superman

snakelegs
11-30-2007, 06:48 PM
do you expect perfection overnight? you are way too harsh on yourself. you are making important life changes. be gentle with yourself and don't beat yourself up when you fall short. it you try to do it all at once, you will probably fail. take it in steps and when you fall, just pick yourself back up and go on.

aminahjaan
12-02-2007, 04:27 AM
if you really want Allah to forgive you and you're ready to start a new page, new life. Allah knows best, he knows your intentions, as long as you haven't committed shirk then I think you're good. But I know it's hard not going out with people when eveyrone around you does, trust me it's hard, but then again, it's not. bfs and gfs are a waste of time and impressing. Just focus on your life and afterlife and your good. :)

qassy!
12-02-2007, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aminahgorilla
if you really want Allah to forgive you and you're ready to start a new page, new life. Allah knows best, he knows your intentions, as long as you haven't committed shirk then I think you're good. But I know it's hard not going out with people when eveyrone around you does, trust me it's hard, but then again, it's not. bfs and gfs are a waste of time and impressing. Just focus on your life and afterlife and your good. :)

Jazaa Kalah Sister,

I understand what your saying and I am turning over a new leaf, as most people have said it cant happen over night because it affects my everyday life. I mean the poeple I go out with are either close freinds, who I see everyday or there freinds I just meet on a weekly basis, I need to stop that as well

ANyway

Salam

niler
12-02-2007, 02:02 PM
assalamu aleykum.
nothing is impossible bro, its the mind that makes the possible impossible and the impossible possible..

The first step in doing anything is knowing wat u want, den ul know or find the ryt means of doing it.
AlhamdulillAh, uv taken that first very important step. recognizing u hav a problem and thats not all, really wanting to help urself..
thats a very important step bro, but remeber its Through Allah's will that we are guided or misguided.Continue praying alot to hom to help u become the person that He brought u to this earth to become.
WITH HARDWORK AND PRAYERS ALL THINGS ARE VERY POSSIBLE

Dont even for amoment question Allah's forgiveness.
Allah loves those servants of his who do wrong and repent, come back to him..(hadith)
Have u heard of the story of the person who killed 100 people and went to paradise?

Allah says..' walaa Taqnatuu min rrahmatillahi, inna llaha yaghfiru ddhnuwba jami3a..'
it means " do not despair of Allahs forgiveness, Allah forgives all sins..'

so bro its all possible.. Old habits are hard to die away, so take ur time and pray to Allah to make it easy 4 u..
as they say, ROME WASNT BUILT IN A DAY

do it for the right reasons, (not riyya, but to seek ur Creator's pleasure) and with Allahs Help u will inshaAllah be among the muhsinuun n the dwellers of janna inshaAllah.
ol d best bro...

qassy!
12-02-2007, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by niler
assalamu aleykum.
nothing is impossible bro, its the mind that makes the possible impossible and the impossible possible..

The first step in doing anything is knowing wat u want, den ul know or find the ryt means of doing it.
AlhamdulillAh, uv taken that first very important step. recognizing u hav a problem and thats not all, really wanting to help urself..
thats a very important step bro, but remeber its Through Allah's will that we are guided or misguided.Continue praying alot to hom to help u become the person that He brought u to this earth to become.
WITH HARDWORK AND PRAYERS ALL THINGS ARE VERY POSSIBLE

Dont even for amoment question Allah's forgiveness.
Allah loves those servants of his who do wrong and repent, come back to him..(hadith)
Have u heard of the story of the person who killed 100 people and went to paradise?

Allah says..' walaa Taqnatuu min rrahmatillahi, inna llaha yaghfiru ddhnuwba jami3a..'
it means " do not despair of Allahs forgiveness, Allah forgives all sins..'

so bro its all possible.. Old habits are hard to die away, so take ur time and pray to Allah to make it easy 4 u..
as they say, ROME WASNT BUILT IN A DAY

do it for the right reasons, (not riyya, but to seek ur Creator's pleasure) and with Allahs Help u will inshaAllah be among the muhsinuun n the dwellers of janna inshaAllah.
ol d best bro...
jazaa kalah bruv

qassy!
12-03-2007, 01:48 AM
Im praying Im praying, its just so hard, it seems every harder now there's even more distractions, its not getting any easier, i guess it will get harder and harder!!
I wish girls had respect for them self

------
12-03-2007, 01:14 PM

Anyway, lets not go off topic Inshaa Allaah.... :)

You try ur best :)

qassy!
12-03-2007, 01:18 PM
yes jazaa kalah 4 ur help

qassy!
12-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Sorry for going off topic

Jazaa Kalah 4 everyone who helped me in my questions.........ive got alot of changes to make!!!!!

jazaa kalahhhhh

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.