/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hijab trouble

Abida
11-29-2007, 03:16 PM
:sl:
I already searched for your advice on other topic but Im doing it again here.
I want to put a hijab, but i have moch problems with my dad. when i first told him he insulted islam and Muhammad s.a.w.s. then we talked a lot times but he doesnt want to hear about it yet. it started in may this year. its very hard for me to talk with him i always cry he doesnt change his opinion.. do i have right to not listen to him or should i wait some more time? Im 18 and next year insAllah im going in university. My mother loves hijab and shes good muslim Alhamdulillah, but nobody can say anything against my dad. Im so down for this happening.. I want to be good muslim, Im shamed of Allah swt for doing this.. thank you, sorry 4 bothering..:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
qassy!
11-29-2007, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abida
I want to put a hijab, but i have moch problems with my dad. when i first told him he insulted islam and Muhammad s.a.w.s. then we talked a lot times but he doesnt want to hear about it yet. it started in may this year. its very hard for me to talk with him i always cry he doesnt change his opinion.. do i have right to not listen to him or should i wait some more time? Im 18 and next year insAllah im going in university. My mother loves hijab and shes good muslim Alhamdulillah, but nobody can say anything against my dad. Im so down for this happening.. I want to be good muslim, Im shamed of Allah swt for doing this.. thank you, sorry 4 bothering..:cry:

salam sis

I think you should just where it anyway,

I dont know what your right is here but i think its islam 1st correct?

Where it, follow your mum! where it !!

islamirama
11-29-2007, 04:19 PM
wa'alaikum as'salaam

your dad insulted Islam and the prophet of Islam? and your mother is a good muslim? Is she a revert and he a kuffar?

As for obedience to parents, when it means disobedience to Allah then there is no obedience to parents. Obedience to Allah takes priority over everyone else.

If it will cause too much trouble/hardship/harm then perhaps you can do hijab while at univ and take it off when your home, and work on getting married soon inshallah.

Allahu Alim...

check out www.islamqa.com for similar questions.

Noor 13
11-29-2007, 05:07 PM
Salam alaykom

I answerd you in theother thread
InshAllah Allah will make it easy for you to wear it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zaria
11-29-2007, 05:53 PM
As Salaamu Alaikum

May Allah (swt) make it easy for you ameen. Follow the Quran and Sunnah and once you Abi sees that this is something from you heart, he will understand and if he don't just know that we are on this dunya to please Allah (swt). I rathered having my father upset witn me for doing something that I know is right than to have Allah (swt) made with me for not doing right. I pray that Allah makes it easy for you. Your mother is three times honored before your father and Paradise lies in the feet of the mother. Follow you Ummi my Uhkti. Insha'allah.

tigersabre
11-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Salaam alaykum,

From what I have read on islamqa, you should put it on. There is no obedience to the creation when it is disobedience to the Creator.

Use your mom to support you, and when your father yells at you, don't say anything, don't fight back, nothing. If he makes fun of anything, simply smile, say ok, don't feel insulted, and say to yourself, this is simply Allah testing my commitment, alhamdullillaah, this test is easy. And let your heart smile.

ashley66
11-30-2007, 09:45 AM
You should wear it because that is what Allah ask of us women to do. It would actually be good for your father too because insyaAllah if he see his daughter try to be a good muslim, he may realised that he has been wrong. The action is also a daawah. Also you are doing him a big favour, because, a father will have to answer in front of Allah too during hisab if the daughter didn't do as Allah wants us to do. :w:

Dawud_uk
11-30-2007, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abida
there is no obedience that is in disobedience to the creator, so wear it.

also please advice your father that insulting and rediculing islam is major kufr and can take an individual outside the fold of islam.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

BlackMamba
12-01-2007, 02:33 AM
You should obey your parents in every circumstance except this one. If your parents want u to make halal what is really haram then u cannot obey that. U should disobey wat they say and wear the hijab. This ayah from surah atouba aya 23 is the best i could think of on the top of my head that shows proves what i said.
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ لاَ تَتَّخِذُواْ آبَاءكُمْ وَإِخْوَانَكُمْ أَوْلِيَاء إَنِ اسْتَحَبُّواْ الْكُفْرَ عَلَى الإِيمَانِ وَمَن يَتَوَلَّهُم مِّنكُمْ فَأُوْلَـئِكَ هُمُ الظَّالِمُونَ ()
9:23 "O YOU who have attained to faith! Do not take your fathers and your brothers for allies if a denial of the truth is dearer to them than faith: for those of you who ally themselves with them-it is they, they who are evildoers! "

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.