/* */

PDA

View Full Version : AS Sociology

AhlaamBella
11-29-2007, 07:06 PM
:sl:

Is anyone doing AS Sociology? I need help with revision for education, anyone know any good revision sites?

JazakAllah Khayr in advance :sunny:

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jzcasejz
11-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Wa'alaykum Salaam

I done it last year. I don't have any online links that are good, but if you want I can get all the AS Education resources from the college server and upload them onto the internet for you?

And ask your library if they have this book: Sociology In Focus for AQA AS Level

^ It's a book with a yellow cover. Covers all you'll need to get a good grade for the education unit.

AhlaamBella
11-29-2007, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
Wa'alaykum Salaam

I done it last year. I don't have any online links that are good, but if you want I can get all the AS Education resources from the college server and upload them onto the internet for you?

And ask your library if they have this book: Sociology In Focus for AQA AS Level

^ It's a book with a yellow cover. Covers all you'll need to get a good grade for the education unit.

JazakAllah Khayr bro. Yeah I've seen that book before.

chacha_jalebi
11-29-2007, 09:15 PM

lol thats the book i had when i did sociology and its got some story about how a boy lived with monkeys and now acts like them hah, innit

lol

sister what topics you doin :D crime & deviance? education? erm erm research methods?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jzcasejz
11-29-2007, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
lol thats the book i had when i did sociology and its got some story about how a boy lived with monkeys and now acts like them hah, innit
Yeah I know what you're on about (feral children), saw a documentary on it aswell. Showed a girl from Ukraine who proper acts like a wolf - as she was raised by them...

AhlaamBella
11-29-2007, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

lol

sister what topics you doin :D crime & deviance? education? erm erm research methods?
Lol just finished education and upto sampling in reasearch methods. Don't do Crime and Deviance till next year :( I was looking forward to that aswell! lol

lol yeah I seen the monkey one lol. Did you ever see the alsation (sp??) and 3 yr old boy story? that was freaky

jzcasejz
11-29-2007, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RoseGold
Lol just finished education and upto sampling in reasearch methods. Don't do Crime and Deviance till next year :( I was looking forward to that aswell! lol
^ Colleges are good at deception. I too thought that A2 Sociology was going to be good. They way the teachers on enrolment day say "Oh you're going to learn about this/that and see how this/that happens". All lies I tell you - A2 Sociology is thee most boringest subject on earth.

But yeah, that's just my personal experiences, who knows.. you might enjoy it. It's just too long and boring in my opinion.

AhlaamBella
11-29-2007, 09:34 PM
^ Colleges are good at deception. I too thought that A2 Sociology was going to be good. They way the teachers on enrolment day say "Oh you're going to learn about this/that and see how this/that happens". All lies I tell you - A2 Sociology is thee most boringest subject on earth.

But yeah, that's just my personal experiences, who knows.. you might enjoy it. It's just too long and boring in my opinion.
lol i can see where your opinion comes from but I don't actually mind it to be honest lol

Al_Imaan
11-29-2007, 09:35 PM

i think sociology is great...I've taken it before and I've enjoyed it...but it's not something I would wanna take again even if I have to (which I don't) :p....

AhlaamBella
11-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Yeah I know what you're on about (feral children), saw a documentary on it aswell. Showed a girl from Ukraine who proper acts like a wolf - as she was raised by them...
oo oo I saw that documentary aswell! But I saw it in psychology lol

Ummu Sufyaan
11-30-2007, 05:19 AM
interesting that you mention that. it reminds me of my neighbours who arent very friendly :X and the've got this cat, and in my exprience, cats are usually social animals, but i dont know whats wrong this one. you call it, ans it turns around as if didnt hear it? would that have to do with its owners.

fountain
12-04-2007, 05:38 PM
there books you can find about islamic sociology
http://www.fountainmagazine.com/subj...&k=3&803623851

Pure Imaan
12-05-2007, 03:59 PM
I did Sociology to...I enjoyed the subject, it was interesting, I loved the Crime and Deviance module. However, I didnt do the Education module, my teacher chose the modules for us.....what modules are you doing sister?......I have loads of information about research methods, crime and deviance, the main theories about social inequality and class and so forth.

AhlaamBella
12-05-2007, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pure Imaan
I did Sociology to...I enjoyed the subject, it was interesting, I loved the Crime and Deviance module. However, I didnt do the Education module, my teacher chose the modules for us.....what modules are you doing sister?......I have loads of information about research methods, crime and deviance, the main theories about social inequality and class and so forth.
I've got my education module exam in january
I'm doing reasearch methods now do you know any good sites sis?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.