/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bidding ???

Abdul-Raouf
11-30-2007, 03:21 AM
Check this Indian Bidding site -------> http://bid2win.in/

What is the islamic ruling on bidding???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al-muslimah
11-30-2007, 03:27 AM
Haram.<_>

Woodrow
11-30-2007, 03:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-muslimah
Haram.<_>
Are you certain? Please quote a specific ayyat or hadith that says so. Bidding has long been a means of selling among the Arab people and continues to be so even today in many Arab nations. It is not a form of gambling it is a buyer saying what he is willing to pay and the seller being free to sell to which ever bidder he chooses to sell to, most will choose to sell to the highest bidder. In an honest auction no buyer will ever pay more than he is willing to pay and no seller will sell for less than what he is willing to sell for.

جوري
11-30-2007, 03:36 AM
How is an auction haram? I have bought and sold stuff on ebay.. just today I sold my niece's ugg shoes on ebay made a decent price too for something she outgrew..do you have a daleel that it is haram pls?

thank you
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
11-30-2007, 03:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Are you certain? Please quote a specific ayyat or hadith that says so. Bidding has long been a means of selling among the Arab people and continues to be so even today in many Arab nations. It is not a form of gambling it is a buyer saying what he is willing to pay and the seller being free to sell to which ever bidder he chooses to sell to, most will choose to sell to the highest bidder. In an honest auction no buyer will ever pay more than he is willing to pay and no seller will sell for less than what he is willing to sell for.
Thank you.. you took the thoughts out of my head and you polished them alot.. as always.. I am humbled
Jazaka Allah khyran

al-muslimah
11-30-2007, 03:39 AM
How is an auction haram? I have bought and sold stuff on ebay.. just today I sold my niece's ugg shoes on ebay made a decent price too for something she outgrew..do you have a daleel that it is haram pls?----purest ambrosia

Sister do you mean bidding as in kinda like lottery or gambling??

جوري
11-30-2007, 03:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-muslimah
How is an auction haram? I have bought and sold stuff on ebay.. just today I sold my niece's ugg shoes on ebay made a decent price too for something she outgrew..do you have a daleel that it is haram pls?----purest ambrosia

Sister do you mean bidding as in kinda like lottery or gambling??
No I mean like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/PASHMINA-SHAWL-C...QQcmdZViewItem

here is an ebay auction for a hijab, which people can bid and win, see even Muslims do it too

here is an 18th century quran on ebay up for auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Gold-Koran-...QQcmdZViewItem

Woodrow
11-30-2007, 03:43 AM
I should have added that that Indian site in the link, is not bidding. It is a form of advertising and salesmanship. There will already be an established price set. the bidders who go above that price will be declared the winner and given the offer to buy the item for the established price. They will feel they have "won" when they discover they will pay even less than what they thought it was worth and therefore are very likely to buy the item instead of with drawing their bid. Sneaky, fraudulent salesmanship, but not bidding.

syilla
11-30-2007, 04:13 AM
I think this is a better bidding...

http://www.islamicboard.com/exchange...c-bidding.html

But i never tried :hiding:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.