/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Raps... anyone?

------
11-30-2007, 09:38 PM
:salamext:

Anyone got sum good rappin artist links Inshaa Allaah?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al-muslimah
11-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Sister music is haram. Isn't raps music as well like those American rappers you know 50 cent and the others they are haram.

------
11-30-2007, 09:45 PM

I meant without music, lol.

al-muslimah
11-30-2007, 09:49 PM
There's raps without music?? Which ones are u talking about sis?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
qassy!
11-30-2007, 10:31 PM
isint rapping a type of music then? I normally listen to 50 cent which inshallah i will stop.

Do you want ismalic raps?
I can this for you if you wish..............

EDIT: There islamic raps with backround music but purelly islamic. Im not sure if its allowed

Abdur Rahmaan
11-30-2007, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

:sl: Sis.

I used to listen to music before but I think Islamic rap or nasheed helped me transition and leave music all together. Though I don't approve "Islamic music" because the music has a negative effect. You tend to listent to the beat instead of the words. And when you start to bob your head back and forth, you know something is wrong.
Here is the some "islamic rap". I use to like Native Deen. You can listen to it and test your self. http://nadeem.lightuponlight.com/indexislamicsongs.html
. Native Deen is on the bottom

REMEMBER the saying of the Companion " The heart is like a vessel it can only be filled with one thing, either Music or Quran"
Those who Love the Quran can't stand Music and vice versa.

If you wan't to listen to nasheeds, I prefer Dawud Warnsby Ali
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=4
:w:

Nicro
11-30-2007, 11:26 PM
I love rap. Not mainstream G-Unit crap but underground, like: A.O.T.P., Jedi Mind Tricks, Kool G Rap, R.A. The Rugged Man, Mr. Lif, Jus Allah, Aesop Rock ect...

nevesirth
11-30-2007, 11:32 PM

http://www.clashofcivilisations.com/html/soa.html

try this

manwithnogun
12-01-2007, 03:24 AM
you could check out brother ali. he is muslim and most of his rap is very much islamic based.

*KB*
12-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Assalamualaykum

Little warning for everyone, Native Deen use music and rap even though their lyrics Marsha'Allah are very good,useful and thoughtful, they use music so I recommend you to not listen to them.

Sorry.

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

00:00
12-01-2007, 02:26 PM
:sl:

I meant without music, lol.
I don't think you'll find any rap without music, all the rap music i know of has music. SOA, native deen, mecca 2medina.

www.muslimhiphop.com

Amadeus85
12-01-2007, 03:53 PM

You can try this. Im sure that you didnt know this before. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xEN4LSPYIg

------
12-01-2007, 04:29 PM

What about 786?

al-muslimah
12-01-2007, 09:50 PM
786 use music and soliders of Allah too evnthough it has nice lyrics but music?! Its haram.
I really love jihad nasheeds i have loads of them in my ipod like snakhudu and qom. These are more beneficial and halal too.

Na7lah
12-01-2007, 10:26 PM
i like 786 but dey hav 2 much music
native deens cool 2

al-muslimah
12-02-2007, 03:17 AM
Wow! Jihad nasheeds interest me most. There was just a recent jihad nasheed collection released by Mujahideen in Iraq i think Ansar-al-sunnah, I will download it inshallah.Did u ever hear sabran ya baghdad? Love it.

jzcasejz
12-02-2007, 09:26 AM
As-Salaamu'alaykum

Don't be deceived Brothers and Sisters in Islaam, just because an artist may pretend to be rapping/singing about Islaamic issues - as long as the song has musical instruments or beats in the background, it is regarded as music and is Haraam!

So it doesn't matter if you don't listen to Lil' Wayne or any other wack rapper for that matter, as long as it has music in it - it's prohibited alltogether.

BTW Muj4h1d4, this is not directed towards you since you already clearly stated you want the ones without music :thumbs_up - this post of mine was just a general response to this thread!

north_malaysian
12-02-2007, 09:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-muslimah
There's raps without music??
Rap doesnt need music... you just need to talk....:okay:

Ummu Sufyaan
12-02-2007, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
As-Salaamu'alaykum

Don't be deceived Brothers and Sisters in Islaam, just because an artist may pretend to be rapping/singing about Islaamic issues - as long as the song has musical instruments or beats in the background, it is regarded as music and is Haraam!

So it doesn't matter if you don't listen to Lil' Wayne or any other wack rapper for that matter, as long as it has music in it - it's prohibited alltogether.

BTW Muj4h1d4, this is not directed towards you since you already clearly stated you want the ones without music :thumbs_up - this post of mine was just a general response to this thread!
what i want to know, is the nasheeds that dont have musical instruments, but there is someone who is imitaing the sound of a drum, for example, to the extent that one would think that it is a drum, when really its just someones voice? anyone know.

jzcasejz
12-02-2007, 10:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
what i want to know, is the nasheeds that dont have musical instruments, but there is someone who is imitaing the sound of a drum, for example, to the extent that one would think that it is a drum, when really its just someones voice? anyone know.
Wa'alaykum Salaam

From what Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid said in the sticky we have in the Multimedia section, posted by Brother 'Ubaydullaah, it is wrong to imimate the sounds of musical instruments with voices:

They should be free of vocal effects that produce sounds like those of musical instruments.
So I dunno, better to be safe then sorry. And erm, do you have any example of a nasheed like this you can upload? Just wanna hear to see what you mean...

niler
12-02-2007, 11:02 AM
can u rap without musical instrument, even a drum, i dont think soo, and did it happen during the prophet's sahabaas or tabi'eens tym?
i dont think so.
Rasul warned us that if we did not want to go astray we shud stick with his sunna, and the sahabas's

May Allah Guide Us To What Is Right And Pleasing To Him...

Ummu Sufyaan
12-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Wa'alaykum Salaam

From what Muhammad Saalih al-Munajjid said in the sticky we have in the Multimedia section, posted by Brother 'Ubaydullaah, it is wrong to imimate the sounds of musical instruments with voices:

So I dunno, better to be safe then sorry. And erm, do you have any example of a nasheed like this you can upload? Just wanna hear to see what you mean...
jaakallahu khair. i cant seem to find an example, though. i have heard it before, but the nasheed has slipped my mind.

nevesirth
12-02-2007, 10:48 PM
i still dnt get it, even islamic tv channels have some form of music, take iqra for example, or even news stations. as long as the message is good, ill listen to it. i like soldiers of allah....... maasalama

Kittygyal
12-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Salamualikum.

^ Is that a nashid or what?

Ma'assalama

nevesirth
12-02-2007, 10:53 PM
http://www.clashofcivilisations.com/html/soa.html

chck it out and tell me wht u think

Kittygyal
12-02-2007, 11:06 PM
^ Music in?

nevesirth
12-02-2007, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
^ Music in?
yeah, but very good message

Kittygyal
12-02-2007, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nevesirth
yeah, but very good message
salamualikum

Sowiee then can't listen

Ma'assalama

qassy!
12-02-2007, 11:12 PM
The soldiers of Allah is the 1s i know of but didn't post because it has music :(

qassy!
12-02-2007, 11:13 PM
salamualikum

Sowiee then can't listen

Ma'assalama

hrm but its religous?

i need to read up on music in islam :)

nevesirth
12-02-2007, 11:16 PM
i listen to it anyway, its not like ill be dancing to it, i sincerely dnt think its haram.........

qassy!
12-02-2007, 11:21 PM
i listen to it anyway, its not like ill be dancing to it, i sincerely dnt think its haram.........
see i agree but then disagree is thats halah

How comes other music is not ? imsad

nevesirth
12-02-2007, 11:24 PM
theres also alot of nasheeds with drums in them

nevesirth
12-02-2007, 11:28 PM
same way some say looking at pictures is haram, but alot of us are ok with watching tv..........

nevesirth
12-02-2007, 11:31 PM
salamualikum

Sowiee then can't listen

Ma'assalama
ok, im sure ull like these ones then

http://www.sparklywater.com/sparklywater/nasheeds.html

alot of child voices, no music and also in english, very nice.....

jzcasejz
12-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Let's not talk about the other Nasheed singers, let them do whatever they want - the scholars of Islaam have clearly said music's Haraam. And regarding it having a good meaning - you have good meanings in the Qur'an and the books of Hadeeth as well as many other Islaamic books and Islaamic lectures - this religion is not in need of people producing "good meaning" by the use of musical instruments as the Prophet (SAW) forbade the use of musical instruments...

It's your call Brothers...

nevesirth
12-02-2007, 11:45 PM
is there anyone here who dosnt watch tv? what happens when music comes up on the tv? do u cover ur ears or what?

Ummu Sufyaan
12-03-2007, 12:35 AM
Let's not talk about the other Nasheed singers, let them do whatever they want - the scholars of Islaam have clearly said music's Haraam. And regarding it having a good meaning - you have good meanings in the Qur'an and the books of Hadeeth as well as many other Islaamic books and Islaamic lectures - this religion is not in need of people producing "good meaning" by the use of musical instruments as the Prophet (SAW) forbade the use of musical instruments...

It's your call Brothers...
jazakallahu khair, and well said.
is there anyone here who dosnt watch tv? what happens when music comes up on the tv? do u cover ur ears or what?
believe it or not, it does happen.
btw, brother nevesirth where in islam does it say its okay to listen to music, as long as the words are meaningful?

Umm Hurairah
12-03-2007, 01:07 AM
Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful."

Al Bukhari.

Prophet Muhammad (SA) said:

"There will be people of my Ummah who will seek to make lawful; fornication, wine-drinking and the use of ma`aazif ( musical instruments )."

Al Bukhari

"But there are, among men, those who purchase idle tales, without knowledge (or meaning), to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah and throw ridicule (on the Path): for such there will be a humiliating Penalty." [31:6]
Ibn Abbas (radhi Allahu anh) said idle tales in this verse "lahu al hadith" is evil and music."

Nafe3 (rahimahu Allah) said Ibn Umar heard a musical instrument so he placed his fingers in his ears and walked away from the area and said, "Nafe3 can u hear anything?" I said, "No!" He took his fingers out of his ears and said, "I was with the Prophet (sallah allahu alieh wasalam) and he heard like this and did as I did."

Now please give me hadith/ayahs proving music is allowed.

------
12-03-2007, 09:06 AM

Can we please not turn this into a 'whether music is allowed in Islam thread' :offended:

I just wanted some raps....sheesh.

AhlaamBella
12-03-2007, 10:07 AM
This discussion about islamic raps I HAVE to join in lol

people criticize islamic raps and those who listen to them for so many reasons. But think about it, would you rather listen to a muslim rap about islam and keep your courage up when things get hard, or is it better to listen to 50 cent rap about how many men are trying to shoot him? :hmm:

Not much wrong with Islamic raps if it keeps you off 50 cent's death wishes lol

Ummu Sufyaan
12-03-2007, 10:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RoseGold
This discussion about islamic raps I HAVE to join in lol

people criticize islamic raps and those who listen to them for so many reasons. But think about it, would you rather listen to a muslim rap about islam and keep your courage up when things get hard, or is it better to listen to 50 cent rap about how many men are trying to shoot him? :hmm:

Not much wrong with Islamic raps if it keeps you off 50 cents death wishes lol
why dont you just liten to some nasheeds, as brother jzcasejz suggessted?
anyhoo, were're off topic.

AhlaamBella
12-03-2007, 10:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
why dont you just liten to some nasheeds, as brother jzcasejz suggessted?
anyhoo, were're off topic.
Some nasheeds don't keep me up. I don't know why. When life gets rough I zain bhikha etc don't motivate me. They are great to listen to don't get me wrong but they really don't shake me.

For e.g native deen's rap called dedication is brilliant. Whenever I feel down about my hijab or if i get comments in the street that really get to me, I listen to dedication and I don't care what anyone says. It really lifts me

Kittygyal
12-03-2007, 04:20 PM
ok, im sure ull like these ones then

http://www.sparklywater.com/sparklywater/nasheeds.html

alot of child voices, no music and also in english, very nice.....
Salamualikum

I don't listen to Nashids man. Thanks anyway bro for offer!

Well said mate!

May Allaah guide us all! Amin!

Ma'assalama

Umm Hurairah
12-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

Music is Haraam and it doesn't matter what the person is singing. If something is Haraam it doesn't matter WHAT it is, it's Haraam then it's Haraam, THE END!

Kittygyal
12-03-2007, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Hurairah
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

Music is Haraam and it doesn't matter what the person is singing. If something is Haraam it doesn't matter WHAT it is, it's Haraam then it's Haraam, THE END!
Salamuaalikum.

Excellenti!!

Ma'assalama

------
12-03-2007, 07:35 PM

Can this thread be closed Inshaa Allaah, I've got what I required.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.