/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is it allowed?

qassy!
11-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Hello,

I have a big intrested in the latest gadgets and gizmoes, so i am always upgrading my computer / phone etc etc

Is that allowed in islam? Because I was listeing a a lecture yesterday and I got half way through it and i went sleep because I was tired. (Going to liston to rest today)

Jazaa Kalah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
11-30-2007, 09:59 PM
i don't think it's the gadgets - it's what you do with them. the internet for example, is a great resource for learning.
it's really just common sense.

qassy!
11-30-2007, 10:02 PM
i mean phone text and call

xbox 360 games

i mean i use my computer for work mainly but also use it for fun, internet msn

ipod touch for music which i am tryig to stop etc etc

snakelegs
11-30-2007, 10:05 PM
i'm not a muslim and don't know anything about the game you mentioned so better wait til somebody more knowledgeable comes along.
the i-pod you can eventually use for lectures, qur'an recitations etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NoName55
11-30-2007, 10:05 PM
..edited...

some of us are lucky to have been given the ability to play with upgraded gizmos while majority of us starve to death or are on the verge.

qassy!
11-30-2007, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i'm not a muslim and don't know anything about the game you mentioned so better wait til somebody more knowledgeable comes along.
the i-pod you can eventually use for lectures, qur'an recitations etc.
yeahhhh i know

format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
..edited...

some of us are lucky to have been given the ability to play with upgraded gizmos while majority of us starve to death or are on the verge.
I work for it........well i sell stuff make money
if i didnt i cant afford it

Pk_#2
11-30-2007, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
i mean phone text and call

xbox 360 games

i mean i use my computer for work mainly but also use it for fun, internet msn

ipod touch for music which i am tryig to stop etc etc
These type of games are time consuming, get rid of them, sell em off and give the money to Bangladesh, Chechnya, Afghanistan etc

What did you think was wrong with the phone? Depends who you are talking to and what about i guess, same with msn

Don't listen to music on your I-pod, download Quran recitation and when you have some spare time, listen to it and think about it's meaning,

I'm glad you are trying to stop listening to Music the next step is to stop, All the best, ano tis hard 'cause music is everywhere these days, limit yourself on the TV also, it might help, TV is usually the first place you here a group perform

May Allah (Subhana Wa ta'ala) Help us both, Ameen (Say Ameen)

Malaikah
11-30-2007, 10:16 PM
:sl:

They are allowed as long as you do not use them for haram. For example, the ipod itself is halal, but using it for music is haram. But I'm glad to see yu are rying to stop that.

Also, if these items are very expensive and you can't afford really afford them but buy them anyway, then this would be extravagance and therefore haram to buy them. (Note that extravagance is relative). But if it is within your budget than it should be fine inshaallah.

qassy!
11-30-2007, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat

What did you think was wrong with the phone? Depends who you are talking to and what about i guess, same with msn

Don't listen to music on your I-pod, download Quran recitation and when you have some spare time, listen to it and think about it's meaning,

I'm glad you are trying to stop listening to Music the next step is to stop, All the best, ano tis hard 'cause music is everywhere these days, limit yourself on the TV also, it might help, TV is usually the first place you here a group perform

May Allah (Subhana Wa ta'ala) Help us both, Ameen (Say Ameen)

Salam Mo Alaykum
Thank you for that
You have helped me out alot

Now you say
These type of games are time consuming, get rid of them, sell em off and give the money to Bangladesh, Chechnya, Afghanistan etc
This is my intrested. I mean i dont watch TV only a few american tv series like prison break...I mean i dont always put it first I will put islam first before all this

and I cant sell them and send the money elsehwhere im only 17, and i need the money
But i try to put the money in chartry on fridays somtimes

I know, i know, im going to stop kuris, just not instant, drop them 1 by 1

I know its even on the bus! I mean im playing it on my phone now which im ahamed off!!!! :mad:

And TV like I said dont watch much

Jaza Kalah bruv

Inshallah Allah will help us both

qassy!
11-30-2007, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

They are allowed as long as you do not use them for haram. For example, the ipod itself is halal, but using it for music is haram. But I'm glad to see yu are rying to stop that.

Also, if these items are very expensive and you can't afford really afford them but buy them anyway, then this would be extravagance and therefore haram to buy them. (Note that extravagance is relative). But if it is within your budget than it should be fine inshaallah.
Salam

What do you mean if expensive?
The way I work is when a new gadget comes out I make the money within a week and buy it?

Is that wrong

Jazza Kalah

NYCmuslim
11-30-2007, 10:38 PM
I play video games for harmless recreation. I see nothing wrong with it as long as it doesn't influence my behavior. Remember though, everything in moderation. Don't get addicted to them or let them take you away from your responsibilities.

I dont listen to music anymore for the simple fact that its distracting and it creates a false sense of content, which goes away when you are back to dealing with the challenges and realities of life (not because it is not allowed in Islam, some say it is some say it isn't). I do get tempted to listen once in a while but I try to control it. I see nothing wrong with getting new gadgets as long as its used for good and used in moderation. I happen to like upgrading my computer, although it is expensive. I dont do it often.

Pk_#2
11-30-2007, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
This is my intrested. I mean i dont watch TV only a few american tv series like prison break...I mean i dont always put it first I will put islam first before all this

and I cant sell them and send the money elsehwhere im only 17, and i need the money
But i try to put the money in chartry on fridays somtimes
WalaykumSalaam,

MashaAllah at least you are trying and only 17, don't give up, just make sure you don't get addicted to these games, 'cause once you get addicted to these games, you are NOT ONLY wasting time, but wasting money to get upgrades or more games and whatnot,

I duno about X-Box but usually game consoles have illicit images etc, try staying away that's all I'm saying.

Peace.

qassy!
11-30-2007, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
WalaykumSalaam,

MashaAllah at least you are trying and only 17, don't give up, just make sure you don't get addicted to these games, 'cause once you get addicted to these games, you are NOT ONLY wasting time, but wasting money to get upgrades or more games and whatnot,

I duno about X-Box but usually game consoles have illicit images etc, try staying away that's all I'm saying.

Peace.
salam

Yeah I see what your saying bruv, I know I try not to play games that often any more but so many new ones are coming out!

Jazaa Kalah

جوري
11-30-2007, 10:56 PM
strike a balance in your life akhi

The Prophet said: 'The religion (of Islam) is easy. No one ever made it difficult without it becoming too much for him. So avoid extremes and strike a balance, do the best you can and be cheerful, and seek Allah's help (through prayer) in the morning, and evening, and part of the night.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)

:w:

Whatsthepoint
11-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Where there's entertainment, there's music. In movies, TV shows, video games, everywhere.

snakelegs
12-01-2007, 12:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
strike a balance in your life akhi

The Prophet said: 'The religion (of Islam) is easy. No one ever made it difficult without it becoming too much for him. So avoid extremes and strike a balance, do the best you can and be cheerful, and seek Allah's help (through prayer) in the morning, and evening, and part of the night.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)

:bravo:

Halima
06-23-2009, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Where there's entertainment, there's music. In movies, TV shows, video games, everywhere.

For Real! :thumbs_up

- IqRa -
06-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Why bring up a 2 year old thread?

Halima
06-23-2009, 03:18 PM

because I want to. and because it is benefical to me.

- IqRa -
06-23-2009, 03:21 PM
This was beneficial? :><:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.