/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Power of Du'a

Ghira
12-01-2007, 06:58 AM
I found this online and wanted to share because it is extremely beneficial and everyone can learn from it. Please read and reflect :)

Abu Hurairah narrates from the Prophet (saw), “In the court of Allah, there is no greater thing than Duaa” (Ibn Majah)

What really inspired me to write about this is when Sheikh Safi Khan, the Imam of Darussalaam, said in his Khutbah the hadith, “Verily your Lord is Generous and Shy. If His servant raises his hands to Him (in supplication) He becomes shy to return them empty (Ahmad, Abu Dawood, Tirmidhi). Just imagine this - your next door neighbor has a a personal servant and the servant is asking for a house, a fancy car, and a large screen TV. What do you think you personally would have done in this situation? The most probable thing that would happen is that you would just stare at him blankly and be wondering on why is he asking you when he clearly knows he is only coming here to be paid. That would probably be the beginning of the puzzlement if you saw that not only did the neighbor say yes, but he is encouraging him to ask for more items.

This might seem totally unusual for us but if you look at it from a different perspective, that is very much alike with the connection between Allah and his servants except for the fact that we might lose money if we are to give but Allah’s kingdom won’t be decreased in the least. It’s hard for me to understand when I see other sites that are incorrectly showing Allah as someone who doesn’t give a care about his servants and is a “selfish god”. That is such a contradiction to the Lord with the Attributes such as Al-Wadud, which means the Loving.

There are benefits of making Dua including

1. The loss of arrogance - For someone that makes constant Dua, arrogance is something that is not among their characteristics because when one beseeches Allah, he is affirming his own powerlessness.

2. The fulfillment of the Dua - Basically, you get what you wanted. For the people that sometimes see that their Duas are not being accepted, there is either the option that the Dua will be accepted later on in this life or in the Hereafter or the option that the Dua will accepted by other means as one Hadith said, Jabir narrates from the Prophet, “Whoever does duaa to Allah, Allah fulfills his seeking or in exchange averts misfortune until the duaa is not related to sin or breaking some relation.” (Tirmidhi)

3. The doors of mercy are opened - Abdullah bin Umar narrated that the Prophet said, “For whoever the door of Dua opened, for him the doors of mercy are opened...” (Tirmidhi)

4. It has the power to change destiny (only the minor Qadr - not major ones such as the signs of the Day of Judgment) - Salman Farsi narrated that the Prophet said, “Dua turns away destiny and good deeds lengthen age (Tirmidhi).

There are certain things that one should keep in mind concerning the Dua:

1. The Prophet once said, “Dua is Ibadah” (Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, and Abu Dawud). Since it is a type of worship, it is something that we must always do. This is even to the extent that the Prophet said, “Allah is extremely displeased with the person who doesn’t do duaa to Allah” (Tirmidhi).

2. As mentioned before, the Dua must always be done. Nowadays, we only say our Duas when hardship befalls us and is the last resort, when all else has failed. However, this should not be the case as the Prophet (saw) said, Whosoever desires that Allah answers his Duas in unfavorable and difficult conditions, he should make plentiful dua in days of ease and comfort.”

3. Try making Dua for others because if you do so, the same thing may also occur to you too. There are certain ayahs in the Quran such as the last Ayah in Surah Nuh, the meaning of which is, “O my Lord! Forgive me, my parents, all who enter my house in Faith, and (all) believing men and believing women: and to the wrong-doers grant Thou no increase but in perdition!” If you are to recite this verse, then you get a sin erased for every Muslim living in this world. Also, the Prophet said, ”Duaa for a person not present is accepted quickly by Allah”.

4. Have complete conviction that Allah will accept the Dua, because if you don’t, then there is a high chance it won’t be accepted. The Prophet said, “When anyone of you does Dua then don’t say “Oh Allah! Forgive me if you want“, “Have mercy on me if you want“, “Give me subsistence if you wish” rather believe completely that HE will do whatever HE wishes. Nobody can force Him.” (Bukhari)

5. The best times to make Dua is when one is in Sujood, the times between Adhan and Iqamah, as well as at other times as indicated by the following Hadith in which the Prophet said, “Three types of people’s Duas are not rejected: 1) At the time of Iftar the person who has fasted 2) Adil ruler’s Dua 3) The Dua of the oppressed. Allah raises the Dua of the oppressed on the clouds and the doors of heaven are opened for it and Allah says, “Oath of MY Majesty and Honor! I will help and aid you. Even though if the help is after few days.” (Tirmidhi) Another Hadith listed another three in which the Prophet said, Three Duas are such in which there is no doubt of their acceptance: 1) Father’s Dua 2) Traveler’s Dua 3) Dua of the oppressed”. (Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah)

May the above information strengthen your resolve to make more Duas and may it benefit you in many ways. Ameen…

Just wanted to add to this that
Any Muslim who supplicates Allah with a supplication that does not contain any sin or cutting off of family relations, Allah will give him one of three things for it:

1. Either He will speedily answer his du'a
2. or He will save it for him until the Hereafter
3. or He will avert something bad from him equal to the value of his du'a.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Eqy...eature=related

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
gharibeh
12-01-2007, 07:21 AM
In the name of Allah

ادعونی استجب لکم

jzcasejz
12-01-2007, 01:02 PM
JazaakAllaah Khayr!

Camomilla
12-01-2007, 01:13 PM
thanx for the share, Jazakallah Khair!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Intisar
12-01-2007, 09:12 PM
:w: So informative, jazakallahu khair. :thumbs_up

muslimah111
12-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Please remember me in your duas!

Ghira
05-13-2008, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah111
Please remember me in your duas!
Yes, InshaAllah and you all do the same!!!

Eric H
05-14-2008, 06:21 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Ghira, and thanks for sharing.

I don't believe we can achieve anything worth while on our own without prayer and help from God.

In the spirit of praying for peace on Earth

Eric

cute123
05-14-2008, 06:38 AM
Jazakallah Khair!

true believer
05-14-2008, 01:23 PM
i loved dat,
am definitly go pass dis on inshalla xx

------
05-14-2008, 01:31 PM
:salamext:

Dua can also change Destiny.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.