/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding islamic prophets

chosen
12-01-2007, 07:46 PM
It is my understanding that islam holds all the prophets to be equal..with what is going on in the sudan with the TEDDY BEAR thing....tell me do you honestly believe the same thing would have happened if the class had named the bear noah or abraham....????

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chosen
12-03-2007, 02:44 PM
would anyone care to chime in on the topic...This is an opinion question...do you think the same thing would have happened????

Whatsthepoint
12-03-2007, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chosen
It is my understanding that islam holds all the prophets to be equal..with what is going on in the sudan with the TEDDY BEAR thing....tell me do you honestly believe the same thing would have happened if the class had named the bear noah or abraham....????
If people causing the riots were true muslims, none of this would have happened in the first place.

chosen
12-03-2007, 03:00 PM
understood..and I do agree..but the problem is that these people do count themselves as muslims..and they believe that they are correct in wanting this women to be lashed and/or executed..My question is, and I think it is a important question to ask....would this of happened if they had named the bear...adam or noah...I am very familar with the islamic faith...and have a great respect for it..I am just trying to look at this from a different angle...I know that muslims consider all the prophets to be equal, none greater than the next.....but it is my observation that certain groups of muslims (or people that refer to themselves as muslims)..have created a "super prophet" out of mohammed..giving him almost godlike status...and at the very least superiority above all of the other prophets....and I am curious to see if any of the muslims on this board agree....clearly these sudanese muslims were not practicing true islam when they were demanding this womens death.....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
12-03-2007, 03:02 PM
:salamext:

Personally, I don't think it would have. But then again, it shouldn't have happened at all. :-\

crayon
12-04-2007, 05:23 PM
I don't think it would have happened, chosen. But the people rioting don't exactly understand their own religion, now do they?

chosen
12-04-2007, 05:53 PM
This would be an excellent opportunity for someone in the mainstream islamic community to reach out and send representatives into Sudan to teach...I think it is very true that they do not understand their religion..but what they do when acting like this is make non muslims hate/fear muslims..It is important when things like this happen to go in and try to bring these people into the true islamic fold..If non muslims see this happenning they will realize that this kind of hate is not true islam..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.