/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is "AQIQAH" and is it "FARD"

Makky
12-01-2007, 10:03 PM
:sl:
Here are some Fatawa about "3aqiqah"

What are the rulings on ‘aqeeqah for a baby boy?.

Ruling on ‘aqeeqah, and are the poor excused from it?

The reason behind ‘aqeeqah

Is it a sin if one does not do the ‘aqeeqah or delays it?

Ruling on sharing an ‘aqeeqah

Should she offer a sacrifice (udhiyah) or offer ‘aqeeqah for herself, as her father did not offer ‘aqeeqah on her behalf?

Distribution of ‘aqeeqah meat

for more fatawa : www.islamqa.com

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shehzad.sattar
08-25-2013, 11:46 PM
Very beneficial. Thanks for the post. May Allah reward you with goodness.

Ishaaq
08-26-2013, 07:41 AM
As salam alaikum. One thing I would like to mention about Aqeeqah (which is performed on the seventh day), many Muslims make a big mistake of not getting their sons circumcised on the seventh day. The Sunnah is to circumcise the baby boys on the seventh day. I notice many Muslims don't circumcise their sons until they are seven or eight years old. This is a very big mistake, as circumcision is fard and to delay it for years for no reason is very wrong.

In this regard I would like to draw your attention to the Hadith:
It was reported from Salmaan ibn ‘Aamir (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “For the boy there should be an ‘aqeeqah. Slaughter (an animal) for him and remove the harmful thing [i.e., the foreskin] from him.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1515; al-Nasaa’i, 4214; Abu Dawood, 2839; Ibn Maajah, 3164. The hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani, may Allaah have mercy on him, in al-Irwaa’, 4/396).

anisafatima
08-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Salam, it is very useful and informative post. JazakAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
shehzad.sattar
08-28-2013, 09:35 PM
My Bengali friend tells me the culture back in his home country can be they circumcise the boy arround the age of 15 years. This is not good, not good at all.

Allahu akbar.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.