/* */

PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's Chips/Fries = Haraam

------
12-02-2007, 03:02 PM
:salamext:

French Fries: Potatoes, a blend of partially hydrogenated fat and oil (beef fat and cottonseed oil), may contain
dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate and cooked in 100% vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with THBQ, citric acid and dimethypolysiloxane).
Source = At the bottom of page 12

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chosen
12-02-2007, 03:11 PM
which ingredient makes them haraam and why?? because many of my muslim friends eat at mcdonalds..they have a detailed list of ingredients and say everything they eat is permissible....

qassy!
12-02-2007, 03:14 PM
I dont think that there is a MAY

and when you go there u can see the chips are freid in diffrent oil

------
12-02-2007, 03:18 PM

On the authority of Al-Hasan bin Ali, the grandson of the messenger of Allah, who said : I memorized from the messenger of Allah his saying :

"Leave that which makes you doubt for that which does not make you doubt."
Narrated by Tirmithi and Nasaee, and Tirmithi said it is true and fine hadith

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Camomilla
12-02-2007, 03:20 PM
wow! could It be?
It's not healthy anyway... you can make french fries at home...

qassy!
12-02-2007, 03:22 PM
i highly dobt this sorry because in southhall london, there mcdonalds chicken is halah

------
12-02-2007, 03:24 PM

Subhaan Allaah, it was my job to pass the information on, that's it. It's up to you whether you eat it or not.

Assalamu Alaykum

qassy!
12-02-2007, 03:24 PM
i understand but i was just saying....................................

chosen
12-02-2007, 03:26 PM
still waiting for an individual ingredient...i have a great deal of respect for my muslim friends and if eating mcdonalds is haraam I would like to tell them and inform them as to the problem with the food....you only get one good set of real freinds in life..you can eat in a million places..

------
12-02-2007, 03:27 PM

What do u mean u were 'just saying'?!

Lol Subhaan Allaah, "Leave that which makes you doubt.."

Remember that brother

Camomilla
12-02-2007, 03:28 PM
I have heard that a chicken or a cow that was not killed in the name of Allah(SWT) is not allowed to eat, and some say that It's OK to eat...which one is true?

Camomilla
12-02-2007, 03:30 PM
when I'm at school, I eat vegetables or fish, but not meat....

chosen
12-02-2007, 03:32 PM
I am a christian..but i know muslims are allowed to eat the meat of christians and jews..

qassy!
12-02-2007, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

What do u mean u were 'just saying'?!

Lol Subhaan Allaah, "Leave that which makes you doubt.."

Remember that brother

because in Southall London there mcdonanlds chicken is halah
So i thought the frys might be.

------
12-02-2007, 03:34 PM

What is Halal?

------
12-02-2007, 03:36 PM

MEAT AND POULTRY SLAUGHTERED BY AHLUL-KITAB
By Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Question

Why does the animal have to be slaughtered by a Muslim? Can’t we eat the meat of animals slaughtered by the people of the book (Jews and Christians)?

Answer

Allah Ta`ala says in the Noble Qurãn: 'Today I have made permissible for you pure things and the food of those who were given the Book (Ahlul-Kitab) is also Halal for you'. (Qurãn 5:4)

Overtly the above Aayat reads that the Zabeeha of the Ahlul-Kitab is permissible, but the fundamental principle must be understood in order to understand the Qur’an i.e. 'One part of the Qur’an explains the other'. Therefore, this verse should be understood in the light of another verse relating to the same matter: 'Do not eat unless Allah's name has been taken and this (not taking Allah's name) practice is transgression' (Quran 6:121).

The former verse explicitly states that the Zabeeha of the Ahlul-Kitab is permissible, while the latter prohibits eating meat upon which Allah’s name has not been taken. In the light of both these verses, it is understood that the Zabeeha of the Ahlul-kitab is permissible only if the name of Allah is taken at the time of slaughtering. The Ahlul-kitab used to take Allah's name when slaughtering an animal, therefore, their Zabeeha was also Halal for Muslims. It is for this same reason that an animal slaughtered by the Mushrikeen etc. is not permissible. The Ahlul-kitab of today are recognized more by name, less faith. There is no guarantee that they take the name of Allah/God when slaughtering an animal. Furthermore, they cannot be trusted anymore in matters pertaining to Halal/Haram.

Since there is uncertainty in the above slaughter manner, the Jurists are unanimous that it is not permissible to consume meat which is doubtful. Only if there is certainty that the Ahlul-kitab read the 'Tasmiyah' i.e. take the name of God when slaughtering an animal will their meat be permissible. We suggest that the Muslims in the U.S.A. and U.K. slaughter the animals themselves. A committee should be appointed and look into ways to facilitate for Halal meat slaughtered by Muslims. This will make them independent from Christian/Jewish sources.

Another proposition may be that the meat sold on the market is packed, sealed and stamped by a Muslim organisation consisting of reliable scholars and Úlama who have proper Islamic knowledge of the principles pertaining to
Halal/Haram of the Shariáh.

And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Fatwa Dept. Madrsah Inamiyah, Camperdown, South Africa
www.ask-imam.com

Source

Camomilla
12-02-2007, 03:41 PM
thank's sister very much, Jazakallah Khair!
^^

Ali.
12-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks for sharing, I'm not too sure though...

format_quote Originally Posted by Camomilla
when I'm at school, I eat vegetables or fish, but not meat....
:(
At our school they make halal burgers and hot dogs :D

------
12-02-2007, 03:57 PM

I would also like to add, that we are not in a situation where we cannot obtain halal chips/fries or even food for that matter, so it better to avoid the McDonalds ones Inshaa Allaah.

Camomilla
12-03-2007, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HelloImAli
Thanks for sharing, I'm not too sure though...

:(
At our school they make halal burgers and hot dogs :D
I wish our school had halal meat foods...:(
the boiled vegetables that they serve in our school...+o(
I can't stand them :heated:
but still,i should be grateful, at least I get to eat something...

Noor 13
12-03-2007, 03:23 PM
:sl:
JazakAllah for the information
I NEVER eat at McDonalds but I do have Muslim friends who do eat Fish and fries there. So I will pass on the information. As you said if there is doubt it is better to not eat it
:w:

Pk_#2
12-03-2007, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chosen
I am a christian..but i know muslims are allowed to eat the meat of christians and jews..
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

We're not cannibals man!

Jazakillah khair to thread starter, don't eat in these places ever, never will, cook your own food silleh people.

NoName55
12-03-2007, 03:56 PM
which ingredient makes them haraam and why?? because many of my muslim friends eat at mcdonalds..they have a detailed list of ingredients and say everything they eat is permissible....
regadless of ingredient, nothing from mcdonald or similar is permissible due to the fact that meats from strangle/stunned/ electrocuted animals and pork meals are prepared in their kitchens by the same cooks

NoName55
12-03-2007, 04:15 PM
only the food of Jews and non-pig eating, non animal strangling/electrocuting/shooting variety of Christian is permissible

aadil77
12-03-2007, 04:49 PM

Sister the link you posted is american, so it only applies to them, over here in UK the fries don't contain any beef oil or whatever it is. And yes there is a halal mcdonalds in southhall (been there:shade:) but only chicken is halal, and soon mcdonalds are tryin to make all mcdonalds halal:thumbs_up

btw I just love mcdonalds in pakistan and kfc(but maryland chicken is better) and pizzahut and subway, all are 100% halal

------
12-03-2007, 04:50 PM

Brother aadil77

On the authority of Al-Hasan bin Ali, the grandson of the messenger of Allah, who said : I memorized from the messenger of Allah his saying :

"Leave that which makes you doubt for that which does not make you doubt."
Narrated by Tirmithi and Nasaee, and Tirmithi said it is true and fine hadith

NoName55
12-03-2007, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77

Sister the link you posted is american, so it only applies to them, over here in UK the fries don't contain any beef oil or whatever it is. And yes there is a halal mcdonalds in southhall (been there:shade:) but only chicken is halal, and soon mcdonalds are tryin to make all mcdonalds halal:thumbs_up,
do you mean that they have a seperat kitchen and staff for their chicken?

Hashim_507
12-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Its haram when any food is cook on pork oil.

qassy!
12-03-2007, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
do you mean that they have a seperat kitchen and staff for their chicken?
Who knows but it is halah, McDonalds are working closly with some islamic halah group to make sure they get it pushed out correctlly, the southall branch is a trial atm.........

aadil77
12-03-2007, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim_507
Its haram when any food is cook on pork oil.
Bro who said they cook in PORK OIL! Mcdonalds would be stupid to do that , have you seen the population of muslims in southall, they follow strict guidlines by imams because they they will lose demand if it is found to be haraam

qassy!
12-03-2007, 04:57 PM

Sister the link you posted is american, so it only applies to them, over here in UK the fries don't contain any beef oil or whatever it is. And yes there is a halal mcdonalds in southhall (been there:shade:) but only chicken is halal, and soon mcdonalds are tryin to make all mcdonalds halal:thumbs_up

btw I just love mcdonalds in pakistan and kfc(but maryland chicken is better) and pizzahut and subway, all are 100% halal
Fries ARE halah, the UK McDonalds web site says: and the oringal website was the american one :) so McDonalds in american is NOT halah
French Fries
Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Sunflower, Rapeseed,
Palm) *.
*Dextrose – only added at beginning of season.
Prepared in the restaurants using a nonhydrogenated
vegetable oil. Salt is added
after cooking.
http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/resources.../Nutrition.pdf

Page 16

aadil77
12-03-2007, 04:59 PM
McDonald's to offer Halal burgers
Friday, December 1, 2006 McDonald's wants to offer halal products at its UK outlets, the chain confirmed today.

The fast food giant is looking at how its supply chain and production processes could be changed.

Selling halal products to Muslims would boost the chain's sales in many parts of the UK.

A spokeswoman said McDonald's is taking a long-term look at possible ways of introducing the products.

McDonald's chief executive Steve Easterbrook said developing halal products would not be easy.

"It is a really complicated area. Different religious groups have different interpretations of what halal meat is," he said.

"We need to ask about animal welfare and preparing halal meat. We want to be entirely comfortable in genuinely offering it."

The chain said the development of halal products for UK outlets was a long-term project for which there is no current launch date.

http://www.metro.co.uk/home/article....8&in_page_id=1

------
12-03-2007, 05:06 PM

Subhaan Allaah! Have McDonalds become dearer to us than our religion?! :muddlehea

Astagfirullah. Am out of this thread.

May Allaah swt grant us the ability to follow Islam properly. Ameen.

qassy!
12-03-2007, 05:09 PM

Subhaan Allaah! Have McDonalds become dearer to us than our religion?! :muddlehea

Astagfirullah. Am out of this thread.

What have we/i done wrong? I live in the UK and McDonalds in the UK are Halah. Which I pointed out, you posted the american website.
also
Southall McDonalds do halah chicken, whats wrong with that? If you walk into there it has the certifacte and McDonalds have said in metro and other newpapers it is working on making all chains halah

Hashim_507
12-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Bro who said they cook in PORK OIL! Mcdonalds would be stupid to do that , have you seen the population of muslims in southall, they follow strict guidlines by imams because they they will lose demand if it is found to be haraam
I live in America, I am former mcdonald employee for atleast 2 months from many years ago. I have witness pork oil being cook on foods such as burger or any grilling foods. The frying oil is very different from grilling, they use veg oil. I have seen them cooking becons on the grill and reuse to cook beef burgers. Alhamdullilah I quit that job after i find out the process.

aadil77
12-03-2007, 05:15 PM

Sis if things are becoming permissable dont make them unpermissable just because its not halal in your area
As I said mcdonalds are the worlds biggest fast food chain they would be stupid to sell something halal that actually isn't

All questions asked about authenticity of halal are answered on actual U.K MCdonalds WEBSITE

read this, click on question to get answer :http://www.makeupyourownmind.co.uk/q...he-menu/halal/

aadil77
12-03-2007, 05:16 PM
I live in America, I am former mcdonald employee for atleast 2 months from many years ago. I have witness pork oil being cook on foods such as burger or any grilling foods. The frying oil is very different from grilling, they use veg oil. I have seen them cooking becons on the grill and reuse to cook beef burgers. Alhamdullilah I quit that job after i find out the process.
thats why bro i just said this is UK! not filthy america! thats why people eating mcdonalds in america are like 10 times fatter. there are strict health standards set in the UK - uk would never allow fires to be cooked in beef oil, my uncle has worked there for a year, check the site for yourself if you don't believe me

Hashim_507
12-03-2007, 05:23 PM
thats why bro i just said this is UK! not filthy america! thats why people eating mcdonalds in america are like 10 times fatter. there are strict health standards set in the UK, check the site for yourself if you don't believe me
I like europe much better than America when it comes to religious freedom such Islamic holiday breaks or serving halal food in the school.

qassy!
12-03-2007, 05:24 PM
I like europe much better than America when it comes to religious freedom such Islamic holiday breaks or serving halal food in the school.
when it comes to relgion UK London is the worst bruv!!

aadil77
12-03-2007, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
when it comes to relgion UK London is the worst bruv!!
Dunno about london but, leicester is the best, halal chicken wraps, halal lamb wraps in college, can clear out whole of sixth form area to pray jumuah salah, can come in with topi, jubba, hijab, niqaab, etc

jzcasejz
12-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Aaameen! And eat healthy people, junk food's not good!!!

qassy!
12-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Dunno about london but, leicester is the best, halal chicken wraps, halal lamb wraps in college, can clear out whole of sixth form area to pray jumuah salah, can come in with topi, jubba, hijab, niqaab, etc
Yeah there is alot of halah food dixy!!

------
12-03-2007, 06:52 PM

Is there a shortage of food made by Muslim people??!

Honestly :-\

nebula
12-03-2007, 07:44 PM
thanks alot bro for this article ill stay away frm it now

Camomilla
12-04-2007, 09:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
Aaameen! And eat healthy people
lol! are you serious?

------
12-04-2007, 10:07 AM

thanks alot bro for this article ill stay away frm it now
I'm a sis :offended:

lol! are you serious?
Lol yeh I think he is :thumbs_up

HunterMan
12-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Fast food does make you FAT and contributes to various diseases such cancer, heart disease and diabetes, French fries especially, so seeking freedom from self harm I avoid those food particles as much as possible.

crayon
12-04-2007, 05:27 PM
It's for reasons like this, if only these reasons, that I enjoy living in a muslim country. EVERYTHING is halal alhamdullilah, I never have to worry.

------
12-04-2007, 05:35 PM

Innit lol, Alhamdulillah.

jzcasejz
12-04-2007, 05:49 PM
lol! are you serious?
Seeeeerious as ever! :muddlehea

Camomilla
12-04-2007, 07:45 PM

Lol yeh I think he is :thumbs_up
:okay: :D

Maarya
12-04-2007, 07:57 PM

i had a txt the other day from my uncle, i asked him how accurate it was and he said it very accurate.....a few of my friends got it aswell from other people.
here it is:
It has been officially announced that mcdonalds chips are haram, as they are fried in pigs lard before they are brought to mcdonalds where they are fried in vegetable oil. plz pass this messge to all the muslims you know. Go to the following for whats halaal: www.gmwa.org.uk/foodguide
i havnt checked out the website yet tho.

personally, i dont eat from any places that are not 100% halaal, so i never go to mcdonalds, even tho a few of my friends go there for chips n stuff.

Al_Imaan
12-04-2007, 11:58 PM
McDonalds fries is halal...My cuzin worked there and he got all the info he needed....the best way to find out is to actually hear it from them

wilberhum
12-05-2007, 12:12 AM
http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_control...nts.index.html
French Fries:
Potatoes, vegetable oil (partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural beef flavor (wheat and milk derivatives)*, citric acid (preservative), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (maintain color), dimethylpolysiloxane (antifoaming agent)), salt. Prepared in vegetable oil ((may contain one of the following: Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, partially hydrogenated corn oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness), dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent). *CONTAINS: WHEAT AND MILK (Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients.)
Would some one tell me which of these ingredients are Haraam?

But I assume that is this just another Conspiracy Theory or just the standard “I Hate McDonald” Urban Legend.

They are in this business to make money, not to get customers to go some place else.

YusufNoor
12-05-2007, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_control...nts.index.html

French Fries:
Potatoes, vegetable oil (partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural beef flavor (wheat and milk derivatives)*, citric acid (preservative), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (maintain color), dimethylpolysiloxane (antifoaming agent)), salt. Prepared in vegetable oil ((may contain one of the following: Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, partially hydrogenated corn oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness), dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent). *CONTAINS: WHEAT AND MILK (Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients.)

Would some one tell me which of these ingredients are Haraam?

But I assume that is this just another Conspiracy Theory or just the standard “I Hate McDonald” Urban Legend.

They are in this business to make money, not to get customers to go some place else.

t'would be the natural beef flavoring! [less they got some Halaal flavoring;btw this got the vegetarians all bent too!]

Al_Imaan
12-05-2007, 12:32 AM
it's natural beef flavoring...contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients....is milk and wheat haram too?

wilberhum
12-05-2007, 12:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al_Imaan
it's natural beef flavoring...contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients....is milk and wheat haram too?
Thanks to both you and YusufNoor.

I guess I was mostly thinking about pork.

But milk? What do you feed babies? And why wheat?

syilla
12-05-2007, 06:37 AM
^^^lol...

now i'm confused which is which is being sarcastic...

anyway...healthy food is the best...

5M all the way.... yayyy!!!!

Muslim Knight
12-05-2007, 10:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
^^^lol...

now i'm confused which is which is being sarcastic...
Now I'm more confused which food is being sarcastic or the fact that food can even act sarcastically.

north_malaysian
12-05-2007, 10:31 AM
I dont like McDonald's Fries as there are so many salt on those fries....

At home, my family eat fries without salt....

qassy!
12-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Salam

Brothers & Sisters look @ the link I have posted above to the UK McDonalds website it doesnt use the same as the american one sister posted.

The_Prince
12-05-2007, 11:44 AM
all mcdonalds in the Muslim countries is halal too. :D so if ppl wanna eat it they can go ahead, only thing they need to watch out for is weight gain.

The_Prince
12-05-2007, 11:45 AM
all this talk of mcdonald fries has put me in the mood of getting fries from mcdonalds!

Protected_Diamond
12-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Mums food's the best! :)

aamirsaab
12-05-2007, 01:03 PM
You know, there are plenty of alternatives to maccy fries.

Like dixie chicken, maryland chicken, chicken cottage, various halal pizza/kebab shops and so on and so forth.

See, no need to panic.

------
12-05-2007, 01:08 PM

Jazaak Allaah Khayr aamirsaab. That's what I am getting at, but people seem to prefer Doubtful/Haraam food over Halal :-\

chacha_jalebi
12-05-2007, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

Like dixie chicken, maryland chicken, chicken cottage, various halal pizza/kebab shops and so on and so forth.

See, no need to panic.
but they dont do fillet o fish :( or them strawberry sundaes thats the life lol

yaa but there is always alternatives

i think best thin about mac d is there fillet o fish

i bet someone gona say that haraam now :mmokay:

wilberhum
12-05-2007, 05:50 PM
If anyone thought I was being sarcastic, I'm sorry. The question was honest.

chacha_jalebi
12-05-2007, 08:08 PM
dont worry go and buy yourself a big mac:p

------
12-05-2007, 08:10 PM

:-\

qassy!
12-05-2007, 10:14 PM

Jazaak Allaah Khayr aamirsaab. That's what I am getting at, but people seem to prefer Doubtful/Haraam food over Halal :-\
How is it doubtfull? How is it haraam? :?

Camomilla
12-06-2007, 10:11 AM
How is it doubtfull? How is it haraam? :?
you never know what is in your food, since your living in a non-muslim country....no offence everyone, I'm not saying that all non-muslim foods are bad...peace!

Camomilla
12-06-2007, 10:14 AM
lets not follow our desiers, just because we like burgers or fries doesn't make It halaal!
what is haraam is haraam.

qassy!
12-06-2007, 06:11 PM
you never know what is in your food, since your living in a non-muslim country....no offence everyone, I'm not saying that all non-muslim foods are bad...peace!
but if it says its halah or no meat used, its not ur falut for eating it if ti says its halah is it?

Intisar
12-06-2007, 08:36 PM
:sl: My friend's already warned me off of McDonalds, telling me that it's haraam and all, so I've stopped eating from there. Avoid all fastfood if possible, I usually just eat at Muslim/Somali restaurants when I get the chance.

Jazakallahum khair. :D

aadil77
12-06-2007, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

See, no need to panic.
bro yeh you're right, I love maryland etc but thy're only in leicester!:D

------
12-07-2007, 09:57 AM

So brother ^^^, ur saying u have NO OTHER alternative to McDonalds where u live?!

AhlaamBella
12-07-2007, 10:08 AM
I never know whether to trust these things. You get all sorts of text messages and saying different foods are haraam and you never know whether to trust them or not.

Qurratul Ayn
12-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Peace

Beware of the milkshakes in McDonalds, a studENt in my class told me that they use chicken fat in them! Ugh!!!!!!!!!!! +o(+o(+o(:eek::eek::eek:

Plus, she's a stict vegan and she knows these facts. I'll ask her to give me the website or book where she got it from.

Actually don't eat in there at all, becasue you cannot be sure what they serve is Halal or not for Muslims, so take the advice and evidence to not eat in those types of fast food restaurants

Peace to all

Malaikah
12-07-2007, 11:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
Beware of the milkshakes in McDonalds, a studENt in my class told me that they use chicken fat in them! Ugh!!!!!!!!!!! +o(+o(+o(:eek::eek::eek:

Okay, now that is just weird... why would they put chicken fat in a milkshake??

I think the problem is the name... its called natural beef flavour but then they say it contains milk and wheat (or something like that). Does that means that is ALL it contains and they call it beef for only God know what reason, or does it actually contain beef as well as the milk and wheat (which they might have to stipulate specifically in case of allergies or something)?

In other word- is it beef or what?

chacha_jalebi
12-07-2007, 02:50 PM
^ lol about milkshake

i heard they put dead beetles in them thats how they get that refreshing pinkness :p

1st of all WHATEVER:p secondly - that is un hygenic againist food rule thins and the same for chicken fat lol

some people just make up some weird stuff....

Far7an
12-07-2007, 03:23 PM
The milkshakes are dodgy too, right? What about the McFlurries?

S_87
12-07-2007, 03:25 PM
i highly dobt this sorry because in southhall london, there mcdonalds chicken is halah

i dont want to generalise but these days i see halal is a 5 letter word.
you cant trust a lot of muslim outlets here unfortunately because alot of them stun their chickens how can you trust a mcdonalds?

Silver Pearl
12-07-2007, 03:29 PM
:wasalamex

Chicken fat in milkshake? Am I the only one who finds that just gross in perhaps all levels? I doubt the mouth-watering taste of McDee's shakes come from chicken fat :uuh:

I haven't heard anything about the McFlurries.

Our chicken and chip shops are brilliant! I would only ever go to McDee if I was feeling mighty rich at heart and had no other alternative. Cheap londoners right here!

SisterInsomniac
12-08-2007, 04:39 AM
I know someone who used to work in McD's and they said the Strawberry Milkshake has chicken fat in them.

Malaikah
12-08-2007, 05:04 AM

You know what, if anyone is worried about the ingredients, just check the website. They have it all there.:thumbs_up

And make sure you check your own counties website!

Here if the UK one:
http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/resources.../Nutrition.pdf

Far7an
12-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Oh! McFlurry contains some E-Numbers which according to this site are haraam!

NoName55
12-08-2007, 04:25 PM
An Urban Legend
Milkshake Recipe in McDonalds:

Potato Starch, Liquidized chicken fat, Milkshake flavour mmm Great

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/mcdshake.asp

We Muslims should avoid Mcdonald for real reasons i.e their kitchen is haram, Not becuase a sister's friend's cousin' friend said milkshake is made of chiken fat.

------
12-12-2007, 06:28 PM

^^ Jazaak Allaah Khayr...

zena_a
12-13-2007, 04:49 AM
alot of people say its haram , but everyone should do their own research

Md Mashud
12-13-2007, 05:15 AM
Sister, you are getting worked up because people think you may be given incorrect information?

This is poorly executed by yourself. Just because, I doubt the legality of what someone said, does not in ANY way mean I don't value religion high, or in anyway compromising.

Its not good to deceive people - even unintentionally. So if people are criticising, you should not be annoyed by it - The truth at the end is what counts.

Jazaak Allaah Khayr aamirsaab. That's what I am getting at, but people seem to prefer Doubtful/Haraam food over Halal
Is it fair, that you will make some people stop eating McDonalds even though they could? No its not, thats why investigation is prompt. These days, I hear everything is haram, so yes, I do actually look into things...

So, thank you for bringing it to our attention - but if we do criticise, don't get worked up.

syilla
12-13-2007, 05:20 AM
Nestle' Malaysia, Britain's biggest retailer TESCO and fast food giant McDonald's also joined experts and regulatory bodies at the forum to discuss the Halal Food and promote the booming business in Halal Food.
- The New Nation

The speakers for World Halal Forum 2007 were:
1.YAB Dato' Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, The Prime Minister of Malaysia
2.Mr Khairy Jamaluddin, World Halal Forum Chairman
3.Dato' Jamil Bidin, CEO, Halal Industry Development Corporation
4.Tan Sri Dr. Yusof Basiron, CEO, Malaysian Palm Oil Council
5.Mr Badlisyah Abdul Ghani, CEO, CIMB Islamic
6.Tan Sri Dato’ Muhammad Ali Hashim, CEO, Johor Corporation
7.Mr Othman Md Yusoff, Head of Halal Committee, Nestlé Manufacturing (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
8.Mdm Jumaatun Azmi, Founder and Managing Director, KasehDia Sdn Bhd
9.Mr. Irfan Sungkar, Head of Research and Advisory, Global Food Research & Advisory
10.Ir. Marco Tieman, Director, MDS Logistics Malaysia
11.Dr. Jochen P. Zoller, President of Food Services, Intertek Plc
12.Associate Professor Dr. Abd-ElAziem Farouk Gad, Founder and Coordinator of the Biomolecular Engineering Research Unit, Department of Biotechnology Engineering, International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
13.Dr Habib M'nasria, Director of Quality Assurance, McDonald’s Middle East
14.Mr Hasan Rimawi, Chief Technical Officer, Al Islami
15.Mr Jon Hayes, Managing Director, Norvic Foods Pty Ltd
16.Mr. Yavuz Mollasalıhoğlu, Director General of Standardization of the Undersecretariat for Foreign Trade, Prime Ministry of Republic of Turkey

source

come here...and you can ask all the questions that you need. :)

http://www.mcdonalds.com.my/ourfood/...l.asp?id=ing09

Dripper
09-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Aslum ulay kum Brothers and sisters,

Do you think they (Mcdonalds) give a monkeys wheter the muslims are eating halal or haram. The western world is very anti Islam therfore it is not in their intrest to preach to the puplic about eating halal.
There is a chain of fast food outlets in the North of England which are owned and run by Muslims and recently they have launched the franchising arm of their business, it is identical in apperance and taste to Mcdonalds ,check it out 'Mahmoods.biz'. Inshallah they will be nationwide by 2013.

m102313
09-12-2008, 09:43 AM
That's the problem with us muslim's today, we're too much into McDee's and these other fast food restaurants. That's why we see obesity increasing among us muslims. C'mon start eating HEALTHY FOOD!!!! Learn how to cook, so you won't have to go to these places to buy your meals!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Hana*
09-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Salam Alaikum:

I'm still not sure where you're getting this from? I know there was a big brouhaha a few years back about the oils used in fast food restaurants and they switched to oils that do not contain animal fats and/or byproducts. In the link you provided I only saw this:
French Fries - Medium
French Fries
Salt
French Fries Fries: Potatoes, canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, safflower oil, natural flavour (vegetable source),
dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (maintain colour), citric acid (preservative), dimethylpolysiloxane (antifoaming
agent) and cooked in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with THBQ, citric
acid and dimethypolysiloxane).

Am I missing something?

Thanks sis!

Hana

doorster
09-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Authentic mcdonald's Ingredients for fries

large Idaho russett potatoes
sugar
corn syrup
hot water
shortening
beef fat (or saved fat from previously cooked burgers)
salt

does No one understand that outside of Muslim countries Mcdonalds use the same cooks, kitchens and utensils for every item of food, including pork and other meats, on menu, regardless of whether they still are using the authentic recipe for their fries?

*Hana*
09-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Do you not understand that it is not only Muslim countries that do not cook with animal fat??? In the west, as I said already, most fast food places DO NOT cook with Animal fat for a variety of reason, one being vegetarians frown upon it, Jews and Muslims frown upon it as do the health conscience. The fast food places that DO use it, are suppose to post it clearly and if not, then it is our responsibility to ask.

Also, neither MacDonald's or any other restaurant saves the fat from previously cooked food to make fries. C'mon, man, where you getting this from??? It would cost more in time and effort to gather, save, clean and purify and the shelf life would be too small a window. It would never pass the safety and health boards/inspectors.

We were not talking about utensils, we were talking about cooking oil. If you don't want to eat food that has been cross-contaminated, then you're absolutely right that one should not eat at restaurants that serve haram meat. But, that is a totally different subject than the title of this thread.

Regards,
Hana

doorster
09-12-2008, 10:17 AM
We were not talking about utensils, we were talking about cooking oil. If you don't want to eat food that has been cross-contaminated, then you're absolutely right that one should not eat at restaurants that serve haram meat. But, that is a totally different subject than the title of this thread.
How does a person get around that?

But, that is a totally different subject than the title of this thread
I don't get that either unless it means that cross contamination is excusable
C'mon, man, where you getting this from???
originally from http://www.mcdonalds.ca but its been updated/changed to read oil

MacDonald's or any other restaurant saves the fat from previously cooked food to make fries .... It would cost more in time and effort to gather, save, clean and purify
cleaning purifying will defeat the purpose of excercise since that beefy flavour gave the fries their distinctive taste to begin with

if someone thinks that is far fetched just ponder upon the idea of coke and what made it stand out in distant past

------
09-12-2008, 10:26 AM
:threadclo

This is old news

Malaikah
09-12-2008, 11:09 AM

Well, KFC use the left over chicken fat to make gravy.+o( My cousin used to work there.

aamirsaab
09-12-2008, 11:49 AM
I thought this thread was closed.

Well, it is now!
(for being old...and also, it's ramadhan - Should we REALLY be discussing McD's at this particular time of the year!?)

:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.