/* */

PDA

View Full Version : American Plans to Convert Iraq into Christianity

syilla
12-03-2007, 08:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-jLU...eature=related

:raging:

Lahawalawalaquataillah billah hilaliyil azim...

naudhubillah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
12-03-2007, 08:22 AM
lol.. think nothing of it.. even the Iraqi Christians don't accept the american brand of christianity so think nothing of it.. they can't import to us what we gave them..I say this because my dad was on a mission there a few yrs ago before all hell broke loose and people there aren't as dumb as they like to portray them.. even though they have been killing most of their academics ..even the street average joe is on to the bull
http://shr.aaas.org/emerging_issues/iraq.htm
:w:

Keltoi
12-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Perhaps a better description would be certain American churches, not to mention the South Korean variety, have chosen to send missionary groups to the country.

Pk_#2
12-03-2007, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Perhaps a better description would be certain American churches, not to mention the South Korean variety, have chosen to send missionary groups to the country.
That happens everywhere though, like Africa and places, there are alot of American christians propagating religion and even Irish people go to Africa to discuss religion.

I guess for the athiests in Iraq, believing in God is a good start *faints*

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
12-03-2007, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
That happens everywhere though, like Africa and places, there are alot of American christians propagating religion and even Irish people go to Africa to discuss religion.

I guess for the athiests in Iraq, believing in God is a good start *faints*
Well, it is part of the Christian faith to spread the "Good News", so they aren't doing this for political reasons. You don't have to like it, and I don't like mission work in Iraq at this time anyway. The U.S. military is bored, but they have better things to do than hunt down abducted missionaries. In fact, if past situations are any clue, the U.S. will not bother with hunting for them anyway. Missionaries are actually asked to stay away.

Pk_#2
12-03-2007, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Well, it is part of the Christian faith to spread the "Good News", so they aren't doing this for political reasons. You don't have to like it, and I don't like mission work in Iraq at this time anyway. The U.S. military is bored, but they have better things to do than hunt down abducted missionaries. In fact, if past situations are any clue, the U.S. will not bother with hunting for them anyway. Missionaries are actually asked to stay away.
Oh ok, abit like open da'wah I guess,

Peace be upon those who follow guidance.

Woodrow
12-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Many of those same groups are very active in the USA also. They do try to convert everybody, including Christians who do not agree with their idea of Christianity.

Like Keltoi said, I doubt if the USA military wants their presence there and most likely will not even bother looking for them if they get in trouble or disappear. If they really are getting assistance from the USA government in any manner, that seems to be a violation of the USA constitution which calls for separation of church and state.

chosen
12-03-2007, 03:07 PM
I think it is unfair to say it is am american plan...I am a born again christian and have travel heavily..both inside the united states and outside..it is my duty as jesus ordered us in the Great Commission to spread the gospel to all lands....but my goverment has nothing to do with it...lol they would probably be happier if I just shut up....
Meanwhile back at the ranch...muslims have a very similar approach..although they dont travel as much (I assume)..they are also taught that the world should be converted to islam...

------
12-03-2007, 03:09 PM
:salamext:

People do that in UK, come up to your door and start preaching Christianity, while ur food burns in the kitchen :-\

Pk_#2
12-03-2007, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chosen
I think it is unfair to say it is am american plan...I am a born again christian and have travel heavily..both inside the united states and outside..it is my duty as jesus ordered us in the Great Commission to spread the gospel to all lands....but my goverment has nothing to do with it...lol they would probably be happier if I just shut up....
Meanwhile back at the ranch...muslims have a very similar approach..although they dont travel as much (I assume)..they are also taught that the world should be converted to islam...
Don't be silly, read my post, repetition silleh billeh, anyhow sis, you WILL be a Muslim one day, so will Keltoi, innay mate?

So might as well say your shahada now and get it over with, you don't wana wait in masjid queues,

Back on topic now, what was it again? *Grins*

chosen
12-03-2007, 03:27 PM
or maybe...just maybe..you will be christian..(smile)..or maybe we can both love god in our own way and respect eachother..

Whatsthepoint
12-03-2007, 03:28 PM
I am strongly opposed to spreading faith by exploiting people's misfortune.

Do you want <insert: food, drugs, education, bike>? Sure, we've got loads of it. Accept Jesus as your personal saviour and you can have as much as you like.:smile:

The only way religions should be allowed to spread is the way mormons/JW's do it.

Pk_#2
12-03-2007, 03:31 PM
or maybe...just maybe..you will be christian..(smile)..or maybe we can both love god in our own way and respect eachother..
I will always respect you man, without a doubt, no matter what religion you are, no I will remain Muslim (InshaAllah) sorry to dissapoint you, hehe.

chosen
12-03-2007, 03:33 PM
That is not what I do....frankly I do not attend revival meetings in churches..parks..staduims..preaching and asking people to come forward and accept the lord....I do donate money to charities..I sponser 6 children in the third world..well 5 children and one adult..ciera is 19 now..and going to college in belieze.

Pk_#2
12-03-2007, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I am strongly opposed to spreading faith by exploiting people's unfortune.

Do you want <insert: food, drugs, education, bike>? Sure, we've got loads of it. Accept Jesus as your personal saviour and you can have as much as you like.:smile:

The only way religions should be allowed to spread is the way mormons/JW's do it.
Yah you should never be forced into a religion or get bugged, yeah Jehovas Witnesses are nice, you can tell they genuinely care, I havn't met a Mormon yet.

I think Iraq should be left alone fo abit. *Sad*

Amadeus85
12-03-2007, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4
:salamext:

People do that in UK, come up to your door and start preaching Christianity, while ur food burns in the kitchen :-\
Bad guys ;D.

Amadeus85
12-03-2007, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Many of those same groups are very active in the USA also. They do try to convert everybody, including Christians who do not agree with their idea of Christianity.

And this makes them (I mean fundamentalistic protestants) so succesfull in their missions.Other people see them as very active,dynamic and with strong faith. So often people think- Hey, if members of this church have such great faith, so this religion must be true.
They risk lifes in places like China, North Korea or Cambodia, and thats why this branch of World Church is growing so fast.

north_malaysian
12-04-2007, 12:22 PM
...they are also taught that the world should be converted to islam...
is it... why no religious teachers tell me that since kindergarten?

north_malaysian
12-04-2007, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
And this makes them (I mean fundamentalistic protestants) so succesfull in their missions.Other people see them as very active,dynamic and with strong faith. So often people think- Hey, if members of this church have such great faith, so this religion must be true.
They risk lifes in places like China, North Korea or Cambodia, and thats why this branch of World Church is growing so fast.
Years ago, an Australian missionary was waiting outside Putrajaya Mosque (mosque where the Prime Minister and his cabinet ministers attending) and giving Christianity leaflets to worshippers who were streaming out from the mosque after Friday Prayer..... crazy!

Imagine if Muslims giving pamphlets outside St Paul Cathedral, London after the Sunday service....

islamirama
12-04-2007, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Yah you should never be forced into a religion or get bugged, yeah Jehovas Witnesses are nice, you can tell they genuinely care, I havn't met a Mormon yet.

I think Iraq should be left alone fo abit. *Sad*
They are not as "nice and genguinely caring" as you thinkg...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rk6SLNM0mtQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mdmyarRUH6Y&feature=related

Isambard
12-04-2007, 04:30 PM
I dont understand the title of this thread. America itself is not a christian nation, and its only a minority who want to see Iraq (and the rest of the world) converted to christianity.

The title is misleading.

chosen
12-04-2007, 09:55 PM
lol....muslims giving out islamic literature...I live in New York...plenty of muslims give out literature..in front of churches..schools..everywhere...big signs and tables.."come get your free copy of the quran"....doesnt bother me...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.