/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your Advise/Thoughts Badly Needed!!!

AnonymousPoster
12-03-2007, 08:16 AM
:sl:

My dear brothers and sisters! InshAllah you are all well and in the best of Iman :)

I'm in desperate need for your advise... I'm faced with a situation where I have to make a quick decision, and I would like some advise and ideas... I'm not looking for a Fatwa, nor will I take any advise as a Fatwa so do not worry about that... I've already had someone ask three Sheikhs and none of them have been able to answer much about this, so I turn to my brothers and sisters in perhaps shedding some light on the subject that may be beneficial... wa Jazakum Allah Kheir in advance for whatever advise or ideas you can share with me...

This is the situation... I'm currently working in a company where I don't make that much money and I'm finding it a bit of a struggle to stay motivated and interested in what I do. I've recently been offered a job that I think I'd really enjoy and it offers me double the money... al7amdulilah. The reason I'm thinking of the money is because I'm engaged to be married but simply cannot afford to on my current salary... and marriage is a major priority for me.

The work is what I'm worried about slightly... it's an Account Manager position in a web design company. The work is halal, and I've made it clear that I wouldn't get involved with clients that are alcohol companies, banks, gambling institutions, etc. and they've agreed to support my beliefs. However, what if a Jewelry company (for example) want a website with pictures of models posing with the jewels, etc.? This is the debate... I'm not actually deciding on whether to put pictures, music, etc. on the site... that's the creative team's job. I'm merely responsible for creating and maintaining the relationship between us and the client and I see the job through to ensure the client's needs are met. The way I see it is that the work is halal by nature and that all this is speculation... so am I throwing away potential rizg from Allah SWT by giving up this job? or am I avoiding a doubtful situation?

I'm in a bit of a financial struggle at the moment and I've been praying to Allah for a way out and a solution to these... then this job shows up. Will I be inflicting uneccessary hardship on myself by not taking the job or would I be enjoying the rizg that Allah SWT has granted me?

Again, I would not be involved in the actual making of the websites and I would not be the decision maker of that part. The only connection I would have is if the client specifically said they wanted pictures or music I would have to convey that message to the design team and ensure they do it. Does the fact that I have no choice in the matter relieve me of the possible sin?

That's about it... If anyone has any experience in similar situations or know of any fatwas on the subject, or if you simply have an educated idea... please please please share it! :)

Jazakum Allah Kheir!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Grace Seeker
12-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Let me change the scenario you describe to something similar but simpler and I think your answer to how you would handle this will help you find an answer to your present situation.

Let us say that you operated a store. You had nothing but halal products for sale in the store. So you don't stock certain types of magazines. But you do sell many products that are packaged and marketed by others over whom you have no control. One day a shipment of a favorite product that all of your customers use and are especially glad that you carry because no one else in the area does arrives but is packaged in a box with some pictures that feture models such as you have just described above.

Do you put the product out for sale or do you send it back to the company?

Hope thinking of it this way helps.

islamirama
12-07-2007, 04:43 AM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

This is what i think bro and it's just my thoughts. I think it maybe ok since you are not dealing with haram yourself. Only issue here is that you will have to tell the design team to make pictures for the client. I don't know if you have to make sure they follow thru or just pass the message to them and not your concerns after that. Maybe if such a case rises, you could ask them to have a proposal/plan prepared and direct them to someone else who could pass their info the design team instead.

Marriage is a blessing bro and Allah bless you more when you're married. Don't worry about rizk. This is how it works. Your rizk is already written for you and it will come to you no matter what. what's the difference is whether you obtain it by haraam or halaal means, either way you will only get what is already written in your share.

Anyways, i think it's best you do istakhirah about this job and go from there inshallah.

Istikhaarah prayer

How to pray istikhaarah

How to benefit properly from Istikhaarah

here are some good duas for you inshallah.

Du’a for any good (Job and Spouse)

رَبِّ إِنِّي لِمَا أَنزَلْتَ إِلَيَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقِيرٌفَسَقَى لَهُمَا ثُمَّ تَوَلَّى إِلَى الظِّلِّ فَقَالَ

Fasaqa lahuma thumma tawalla ila alththilli faqala rabbi innee lima anzalta ilayya min khayrin faqeerun

So he watered [their flock] for them: and when he withdrew into the shade and prayed: “O my Sus*tainer! Verily, in dire need am I of any good which Thou mayest bestow upon me!” Qur'an (28:24)

[Shortly] afterwards, one of the two [maidens] approached him, walking shyly, and said: “Behold, my father invites thee, so that he might duly reward thee for thy having watered [our flock] for us.” And as soon as [Moses] came unto him and told him the story [of his life], he said: “Have no fear! Thou art now safe from those evildoing folk!” Said one of the two [daughters]: “O my father! Hire him: for, behold, the best [man] that thou couldst hire is one who is [as] strong and worthy of trust [as he]!” [After some time, the father] said: “Behold, I am willing to let thee wed one of these two daughters of mine on the understanding that thou wilt remain eight years in my service; and if thou shouldst com*plete ten [years], that would be [an act of grace] from thee, for I do not want to impose any hardship on thee: [on the contrary,] thou wilt find me, if God so wills, righteous in all my dealings.” [22]

Answered [Moses]: “Thus shall it be between me and thee! Whichever of the two terms I fulfill, let there be no ill will against me. And God be witness to all that we say!” Qur'an (28:25-28)

Du'a for the future

Allaahumma aslih li deeni alladhi huwa ‘ismatu amri, wa aslih li dunyaaya allati fiha ma’aashi, wa aslih li aakhirati allati ilayha ma’aadi, waj’al al-hayaata ziyaadatan li fi kulli khayr, wa’l-mawta raahatan li min kulli sharr

(O Allaah, correct my religious commitment which is the foundation of my life, and correct my worldly affairs in which is my livelihood, and grant me good in the Hereafter to which is my return. Make my life a means of accumulating good, and make death a respite for me from all evil).” (Narrated by Muslim, 2720)

Allaahumma rahmataka arju fa la takilni ila nafsi tarfata ‘aynin wa aslih li sha’ni kullahu, laa ilaaha illa anta

(O Allaah, for Your mercy I hope, so do not abandon me to myself even for a moment. And correct all my affairs. There is no god but You).” (Narrated by Abu Dawood with a saheeh isnaad, no. 5090)

Du’a for Grief , laziness, miserliness, burden of debt and other things

الرِّجَالِ وَ غَلَبَةِ اللَّهُمَّ إنِّي أعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْهَمِّ وَ الْحَزَنِ ، وَ الْعَجْزِ وَ الْكَسَلِ ، وَ الْبُخْلِ وَ الْجُبْنِ ، وَ ضَلَعِ الدِّيْنِ

‘Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika min al-hamm wa’l-hazn wa’l-‘ajz wa’l-kasal wa’l-bukhl wa’l-jubn wa dala’ al-dayn wa ghalbat al-rijaal
(O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from distress, grief, incapacity, laziness, miserliness, cowardice, the burden of debt and from being overpowered by men).’

Dua to remove Debt

The Prophet (saw) used to say in his prayer:
Allaahumma inni a’oodhi bika min al-ma’tham wa’l-maghram
(O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from sin and heavy debt)

If you have debt like the mountain of Seer, Allaah will pay it off for you. ‘Say:

Allaahumma akfini bi halaalika ‘an haraamika wa aghnini bi fadlika ‘amman siwaaka
(O Allaah, suffice me with what You have permitted so that I have no need of that which You have forbidden, and make me independent of means by Your bounty so that I have no need of anyone besides You)

words which, if you say them, Allaah will take away your worries and pay off your debts? Say, morning and evening,

Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika min al-hammi wa’l-hazani, wa a’oodhi bika min al-‘ajzi wa’l-kasali, wa a’oodhu bika min al-jubni wa’l-bukhli, wa a’oodhi bika min ghalabat il-dayn wa qahri al-rijaal

(O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from worry and grief, and I seek refuge with You from incapacity and laziness, and I seek refuge with You from cowardice and miserliness, and I seek refuge with You from being heavily indebt and from being overcome by men)

Unexpected Trial

The prophet (s.a.w) said: "Whoever says three times-- Bismillahi ladhee la yadurru ma'smihi shay-oon fil ardi wa laa fi-samaa wa huwa as-samee'ul 'aleem.

[In the name of Allah the One by whose name nothing is harmed on the earth or in heaven. And He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower]

no unexpected trial will come to him until early morning. And whoever says it three times in the early morning will have no unexpected trial come to him until late afternoon."

[abu dawood, sahih]

Dua for worries of duniya & akhira

(whoever says it) seven times in the morning and in the evening, Allah will take care of whatever worries him/her of the maters of this world and the Hereafter:

Hasbiyallahu laa ‘ilaaha ‘illaa huwa ‘alayhi tawakkaltu wa huwa Rabbul-‘Arsh’il ‘ Adheem

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.