/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "Pour on us some water..."

Pk_#2
12-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Bismillah-Ir-Rahman-Ir-Raheem

AsalamuAlaykum warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

It is reported on the authority of Salaan ibn Abi Muti' who said:

"A container of water was brought to al-Hasan to break his fast with, but when he brought it close to his mouth he began to weep and said, "I remembered the wish of the inhabitants of the Fire in their saying;
"Pour on us some water..." [7:50]

And then I remembered the reply to them

"Surely Allah has forbidden both (water and provision to the disbelievers)" [7:50]

Al-Hasan said;

"Verily you have insufficient time, your actions are sealed, death is looking over you and the Fire is in front of you. And by Allah whatever you see (i.e. the world) is going. So expect the decision of Allah every day and night, and let one look to what he has put forward for himself."

He also said:

"O son of Adam! You are nothing but days, whenever a day goes past, a part of you (also) goes".

He also said:

"It is befitting for the one who knows that death is his place of arrival, the hour is his appointed time, and the standing in front of Allah, the Most High, is his place of meeting, that his sadness lengthens"

Thaabit al-Banaani said:

"We were following a funeral procession and we saw nothing but people covering their faces while weeping or covering their faces while reflecitng".

Sufyan ibn Uyaynah said that Ibrahim at-Taymee said:

"I imagined myself in the Hellfire with its iron chains and blazing fire eating from Zaqqoom (a tree in hell with exceedingly bitter fruit), and drinking from its Zamhareer (a bitterly cold drink), so I said "O my soul what do you long for?" It replied "To return to the world and perform a righteous action by which I will be saved form this punishment". I also imagined myself in Paradise with its Hoori dressed in silken garments (of Paradise) with gold embroidery. I said "O my soul! What do you long for?" It said "To return to the world and perform a righteous action by which this reward will increase." So I said to myself "You are in the world and (surrounded by) aspirations".

On the authority of Bukayr or Abu Bukayr that Ibrahim at-Taymee said:

"The one who is not afflicted with sadness and grief should fear being from the people of the Fire because the people of Paradise will say;
"All praises and thanks be to Allah, who has removed from us grief" [35:34]

It is necessary for the one who does not fear (the punishment of Allah) to be fearful of not being from among the people of Paradise, because they will say;

"Aforetime we were afraid with our families (from the punishment of Allah)" [52:26]

Zakariyyah al-'Abdee reported about Ibrahim an-Nakha'i that he wept during his illness and the people said to him "O Abu Imran! What makes you weep?" He replied:

"How can I not weep while I am waiting for a messenger from my lord, to inform me whether it is this or that (ie Paradise or Hellfire)".

Hisham ibn Hassan said:

"When it was said to Muhammad ibn Waasi' "In what state do you wake up, O Abu Abdullah?". He replied "What is one to think of a man who moves a stage closer to the Hereafter every day?"

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
12-07-2007, 06:44 PM
:salamext:

He also said:

"O son of Adam! You are nothing but days, whenever a day goes past, a part of you (also) goes".
Woah... Subhaan Allaah...

Kittygyal
12-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Salamualikum.
Masha'Allaah. Shukran sister.
Ma'assalama

truemuslim
12-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Mashallah. thanks for sharing this

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimah111
12-08-2007, 01:19 PM
subhanallah.

ameen

Pk_#2
12-10-2007, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by xmuslimahx
subhanallah.

ameen
BarakAllah feekum, Pray for the ummah.

muslimah111
12-13-2007, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
BarakAllah feekum, Pray for the ummah.
Ameen and insha'Allah.

Re.TiReD
12-13-2007, 09:58 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Somethings changing in me...seriously...more and more threads are having that shiver factor on me...does that sound weird? *embarassed*

I mean...really gets to me and makes me shiver in fear of Allah's wrath....

ummAbdillah
12-15-2007, 02:31 PM
:sl:
May Allah reward you for posting up this powerful reminder. Ameen :w:

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
04-08-2008, 09:51 AM
:sl:
SubhanAllah
Good reminder.
JazakAllahu Khair,
thanks for sharing this
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.