/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Red Grapes

جوري
12-04-2007, 06:18 PM
This was intended for another thread that closed..speaking of 'alcohol in moderation' to which I posted this reply--

It isn't the (ETOH) that is good for you.. it is the red grapes drowned in it!
Grapes contain beneficial compounds called flavonoids, which are phytonutrients that give the vibrant purple color to grapes, grape juice and red wine; the stronger the color, the higher the concentration of flavonoids.

These flavonoid compounds include quercitin, as well as a second flavonoid-type compound (falling into the chemical category of stilbenes)called resveratrol. Both compounds appear to decrease the risk of heart disease by:

Reducing platelet clumping and harmful blood clots
Protecting LDL cholesterol from the free radical damage that initiates LDL's artery-damaging actions
source
alcohol intoxication however, is associated with a number of complications including accidents, traffic fatalities, domestic violence, homicide, and suicide. Alcohol dependence is also a chronic disease, associated with malnutrition, trauma, and a wide variety of central nervous system disorders. Wernicke's encephalopathy, Korsakoff's amnestic syndrome, VENTRICULAR ENLARGEMENT AND COGNITIVE DYSFUNCTION, chronic cerebellar syndrome related to the degeneration of Purkinje cells in the cerebellar cortex, Marchiafava-Bignami disease-- and that is just to name a few, which anyone may stick in a google search and see what comes up

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jayda
12-04-2007, 06:20 PM
we have a vineyard now... i grew up with wine, it's just part of iberian culture i guess. i think it made a difference in who i am today as i don't drink anything other than wine and never to get drunk.

جوري
12-08-2007, 08:03 AM
'ma askar katheeroh, fa'qaleloho 7ram'..

I have no doubt, wine is part of many cultures...in pre-Islamic Arabia, they enjoyed two types of wine, one made with camphor and the other with ginger... a cool intoxicant and a hot one.. however, that which in large quantities causes harm and intoxication, then its small quantaties are forbidden, and that goes for anything that can cause harm unless it be by way of a necessity...

I see no necessity in wine that can't be extracted in the form of grape juice!

peace!

Keltoi
12-13-2007, 03:06 PM
I always wondered why many medical experts contend that red wine in moderation is good for heart health. What is it about red wine as opposed to pure grape juice?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
12-17-2007, 01:40 AM
you can buy very good grape juice nowdays - even sparkling grape juice. red and white both. non-alcoholic and delicious.

syilla
12-17-2007, 03:29 AM
why not eat it fresh...yum yum...

more healthier...

owh...this pics really making me hungry and i'm fasting today. :hiding:

snakelegs
12-17-2007, 06:32 AM
true - i like to eat them too. but once in awhile it's nice to have a bottle of "wine".

Talha777
12-19-2007, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
once in awhile it's nice to have a bottle of "wine".
God forbid.

snakelegs
12-19-2007, 12:41 AM
the reason why wine is in quotes is because it is not really wine. i am speaking of grape juice. comes in fancy bottles, very good quality and completely non-alcoholic. they even make sparkling varieties. put in wine glasses it makes a very nice drink with a fancy dinner.

Talha777
12-19-2007, 12:44 AM
Thanks for clarification.

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-19-2007, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
you can buy very good grape juice nowdays - even sparkling grape juice. red and white both. non-alcoholic and delicious.
Assalam o Allikum
im always drinking grape juice.. its sooo yummy... bottled or cartoned.. either way is good for me :P
i hate alcohol.. even befor i converted i never touched it.. ive seen so much damage done by it..

guyabano
12-30-2007, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
'ma askar katheeroh, fa'qaleloho 7ram'..

I have no doubt, wine is part of many cultures...in pre-Islamic Arabia, they enjoyed two types of wine, one made with camphor and the other with ginger... a cool intoxicant and a hot one.. however, that which in large quantities causes harm and intoxication, then its small quantaties are forbidden, and that goes for anything that can cause harm unless it be by way of a necessity...

I see no necessity in wine that can't be extracted in the form of grape juice!

peace!
My dad had a lot of heart problems. His cardiologue suggest him to drink every day a glass of red wine. It liquifies the blood, widen the blood vessels and help to prevent heart attack. Also, red wine contains huge amount of anti-oxydants, which slow down the aging process. But as I said..one glass of red wine, not more and not less

Keltoi
12-30-2007, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
My dad had a lot of heart problems. His cardiologue suggest him to drink every day a glass of red wine. It liquifies the blood, widen the blood vessels and help to prevent heart attack. Also, red wine contains huge amount of anti-oxydants, which slow down the aging process. But as I said..one glass of red wine, not more and not less
So is it the alcohol that contains the anti-oxidants or is it simply the process that goes into converting grapes to a wine?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.