/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I want to be a Sahabi! =D

------
12-05-2007, 02:50 PM
:salamext:

Muslims understood the seriousness of the role models their children had. ‘Amr ibn Utbah rahimahullah advised his son’s teacher, “Let the first correction you do to my son be the correction of yourself. Verily, their eyes are locked into yours. Good to them is what you do, even if it is bad. And bad to them is what you do not do, even if it is good.”

Many parents have understood this issue of finding the correct role models for their children. Here is an example that we conclude with: In a kindergarten classroom, a non-Muslim teacher sat with the students and asked each one what they want to be when they grow up. One said, “I want to be a policeman.” The other announced, “I want to be a fireman.” Then a Muslim boy in the crowd spoke up,“I want to be a Sahaabee!” A what?

When parent teacher conferences came up, the teacher asked the parents about this Sahaabee that their son wanted to be when he grew up. They said, “Whenever we have the chance we read stories of the Prophet’s companions to him. They have become his role models. And when he becomes older he wants to be just like the Sahaabaa.”

Isn’t that what we want for our kids too?

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslim1
12-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Muj4h1d4
Excellent. Masha Allah. Thank you so much. :thumbs_up

al-muslimah
12-05-2007, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Muslims understood the seriousness of the role models their children had. ‘Amr ibn Utbah rahimahullah advised his son’s teacher, “Let the first correction you do to my son be the correction of yourself. Verily, their eyes are locked into yours. Good to them is what you do, even if it is bad. And bad to them is what you do not do, even if it is good.”

Many parents have understood this issue of finding the correct role models for their children. Here is an example that we conclude with: In a kindergarten classroom, a non-Muslim teacher sat with the students and asked each one what they want to be when they grow up. One said, “I want to be a policeman.” The other announced, “I want to be a fireman.” Then a Muslim boy in the crowd spoke up,“I want to be a Sahaabee!” A what?

When parent teacher conferences came up, the teacher asked the parents about this Sahaabee that their son wanted to be when he grew up. They said, “Whenever we have the chance we read stories of the Prophet’s companions to him. They have become his role models. And when he becomes older he wants to be just like the Sahaabaa.”

Isn’t that what we want for our kids too?

Source
Tell me about it. My brothers are obsessed with Sd=a'd bin Abi Waqqas and Khalid bin Walid. I don't think there is one sahabi they don't know.:hmm:.......................yup they know all.

------
12-06-2007, 09:30 AM

Lol sis…Mashaa Allaah…That’s a good thing…

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Al Aqwa
12-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Yeh definitely a good thing...Masha'Allaah....

Bint Haneef
12-06-2007, 09:56 AM
:sl:

I think a good book for the children to get to know more about the sahabas would be "Child companions around the prophet SAW" and "Shining stars among the companions" in two volumes.

Masha Allah, if only our young children (and we also!) could get to know more about the sahabas.

Camomilla
12-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Masha Allah!
thanx for the share sister, Jazakallah Khair!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.