/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ho ho ho

islamirama
12-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women

Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.

"Leave Santa alone."

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115/od_afp/lifestyleaustraliachristmasoffbeat_071115024540

Laughing Santa gets the old heave ho ho ho

Wed Dec 5, 9:15 AM ET

A Santa in an Australian department store said on Wednesday he has been fired for saying "ho ho ho" and singing Christmas songs to children.

Employment company Westaff, which supplies stores with red-robed, white-bearded Father Christmases, had earlier asked its Santas to say "ha ha ha" because the word "ho," which is American slang for *****, could offend women, media reported.

In the latest incident, the Cairns Post newspaper said 70-year-old John Oakes was fired on Monday for saying "ho ho ho" and for singing the Christmas song Jingle Bells.

"They're trying to kill the spirit of Christmas," said Oakes, a retired entertainer who has been a Santa for three years.

Westaff spokesman Bert Jansz told the paper Oakes had been dismissed because of his attitude, and not for his ho ho ho-ing.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071205/od_nm/santa_dc_1

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
12-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Salamualikum.

'Ho Ho Ho' :X

Ma'assalama

Tania
12-08-2007, 04:15 AM
:giggling: In the american spirit the Santa's union should sue the american grammar institute for the distortion of the 'ho ho ho' meaning. :giggling: - its the first funny thread from this section

north_malaysian
12-08-2007, 09:48 AM
I've heard this news on the radio days ago.... and I did laugh...:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
12-08-2007, 09:59 AM
:sl:

people have too dirty thinking now adays

Fishman
12-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Can anything get dumber than this?
:w:

Kittygyal
12-08-2007, 01:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Can anything get dumber than this?
:w:
Walikumassalam Warahmathullahi Warbrakathuhu.

Nah not really, but lets say 'HA HA HA' to all this. :X

Okay, im out :hiding:

Ma'assalama

crayon
12-08-2007, 01:13 PM
oh political correctness is so annoying sometimes.

------
12-08-2007, 07:30 PM
:salamext:

Erm.....Lol?

Cognescenti
12-09-2007, 03:49 PM
This is funny if it is true. I have a feeling it may be a gag.

Pk_#2
12-09-2007, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
This is funny if it is true. I have a feeling it may be a gag.
I hope it is, that is the funniest yet the stupidest thing i have heard in the last 20 seconds,

Yep, Aadil77 I do think people have weird dirty minds, ho ho ho has funny connotations also, now we're gonna here kids shout ha ha ha?? well they say that anyway I'm sure,

Buh what is the point in all this.

Woodrow
12-09-2007, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
By order of the Grammar Police and the Anti Defamation league, you are hereby requested to edit your post to a neutral position as it is found to be highly offensive to correct people. Please keep it neutral and reword it a bit better. suggestion:

"Maybe, intangible valuation is disagreed with by unknown life forms."
That should carry the general meanings of what you say, in a manner that does not attack, belittle or demean purple aardvarks.

To be on the safe side, you may consider deleting the post.

I apologize, if anybody happens to take my post seriously.

My intent is to show how rediculous the concept of Political Correctness has become.

Pk_#2
12-09-2007, 05:47 PM
You can at times understand PC, but this is ridiculous, also once something has been deemed politically correct it doesn't take long to become PI

crayon
12-09-2007, 05:55 PM
:O
Woodrow, before I had read the last bit of your post I was like "ummm, okay, maybe I should delete/edit my post?"

ahaha, that's very true though.

Slightly off topic, but how do you edit your post? I can't seem to figure it out.

Woodrow
12-09-2007, 06:07 PM

Slightly off topic, but how do you edit your post? I can't seem to figure it out.
You can't, there are no edit options available until after you reach 50 posts and then you will see an edit button on your posts.

~Taalibah~
12-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Ho ho ho! Why not let father christmas ho ho ho all he wants? Kids are supposed to be innocent anyway (is there such a thing today?):rollseyes

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77

people have too dirty thinking now adays
How i agree!!

barney
12-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Absolutly fantastic! It reminds me of when they replaced Mr Plod the Policeman in the Noddy comic witha social worker.

Kittygyal
12-09-2007, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Absolutly fantastic! It reminds me of when they replaced Mr Plod the Policeman in the Noddy comic with a social worker.
Howdy!

Lol.. NO COMMENT *Memories approaching back* :X

Peace

DAWUD_adnan
12-09-2007, 10:38 PM
lol, ho,ho,ho lol

shuraimfan4lyf
12-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Lol this is the funniest topic. Although "Ho,ho,ho" is spelled differently comparing to the other word which means prostitute.

Woodrow
12-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Maybe he can say this:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!