/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some Nice Hadiths

truemuslim
12-06-2007, 02:24 AM
Salamz all, here are some hadiths I found:

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was asked: "Can a believer be a coward?" The Prophet said: "Yes." He was then asked: "Can a believer be a miser?" He replied: "Yes." And finally, he was asked: 'Can a believer be a liar?" The Prophet said: "No." - Al-Muwatta, Volume 56, Hadith 19

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "O Muslim women! None of you should look down upon the gift sent by her she-neighbour even if it were the trotters of the sheep (fleshless part of legs)."

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "The one who looks after a widow or a poor person is like a Mujahid (warrior) who fights for Allah's Cause, or like him who performs prayers all the night and fasts all the day."

Narrated Abu Mas'ud Al-Ansari: The Prophet said, "When a Muslim spends something on his family intending to receive Allah's reward it is regarded as Sadaqa for him."

Narrated Ubai bin Ka'b: I found a purse containing one hundred Diners. So I went to the Prophet (and informed him about it), he said, "Make public announcement about it for one year" I did so, but nobody turned up to claim it, so I again went to the Prophet who said, "Make public announcement for another year." I did, but none turned up to claim it. I went to him for the third time and he said, "Keep the container and the string which is used for its tying and count the money it contains and if its owner comes, give it to him; otherwise, utilize it." The sub-narrator Salama said, "I met him (Suwaid, another sub-narrator) in Mecca and he said, 'I don't know whether Ubai made the announcement for three years or just one year.' "

These should really come in usefull for all of you inshallah. If you have a certain thing you want me to look for a hadith about, i can inshallah. Allahu Akbar:happy:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul-Raouf
12-06-2007, 02:28 AM
Nice Hadiths.

Jazakallah khair.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.