/* */

PDA

View Full Version : help please.

AnonymousPoster
12-06-2007, 03:21 AM
My father grew up in a Non-Muslim community and so did his parents and their parents were converts who learned only some of the basics of Islam and passed onto my grandparents the little they knew, and my grandparents to my father. My father secretly and slowly embraces Islam. There was a period of time in my house where he attended the mosque daily and learned how to pray and Surahs that he could use in his prayer. My mother has an interesting relationship with my father, she had quite the religious upbringing but she has not applied it in her life with us. My parents encourage me to continue studying Islam. But I really wish that they learn for themselves too. My mother is willing to try again and so is my father. But my father is a bit embarrassed that he does not know so much. Some times I forget that he does not know many Arabic words and often times, articles and Islamic text confuse him. He's basically a starting Muslim. I want to give him something that he can start from, but he travels a lot and it's hard to give him material I read from. I was wondering where he should start even though he's technically not a New Muslim.

thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dawud_uk
12-06-2007, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
My father grew up in a Non-Muslim community and so did his parents and their parents were converts who learned only some of the basics of Islam and passed onto my grandparents the little they knew, and my grandparents to my father. My father secretly and slowly embraces Islam. There was a period of time in my house where he attended the mosque daily and learned how to pray and Surahs that he could use in his prayer. My mother has an interesting relationship with my father, she had quite the religious upbringing but she has not applied it in her life with us. My parents encourage me to continue studying Islam. But I really wish that they learn for themselves too. My mother is willing to try again and so is my father. But my father is a bit embarrassed that he does not know so much. Some times I forget that he does not know many Arabic words and often times, articles and Islamic text confuse him. He's basically a starting Muslim. I want to give him something that he can start from, but he travels a lot and it's hard to give him material I read from. I was wondering where he should start even though he's technically not a New Muslim.

thank you.

assalaamu alaykum,

there are a lot of good audio lectures, often available in mp3, why not buy him an mp3 player and then you can down load him lectures, talks, lessons on salaah and arabic for him to carry around and listen to whilst he is travelling.

if he travels by car, same again, get him some cd's and casettes to play whilst in his car.

encourage him and tell him even though he might not know much, it doesnt matter, thousands of others are in the same position and he shouldnt let shaitan use this to stop him learning more about this beautiful deen.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Kittygyal
12-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Salamualikum.

A formly Christain here, It doesn't matter if your pa knows little. Obviously at first you don't know much but later by you learn. Insha'Allaah send your pa some CD's/Casettes or an Ipod. If your pa has got a cell you can bluetooth some Qura'anic vids.

Tell your Pa no one is perfect on earth, we still at stage of learning so relax. Pray to Allaah and seek for help and knowledge. Have faith in Allaah insha'Allaah. Im a revert and i don't know everything but im learning.

May Allaah guide everyone and take us to Janah. Amin

Ma'assalama

snakelegs
12-06-2007, 08:59 PM
you might suggest that you would like to have a closer relationship with him and one good way to do that would be if you learned together.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
12-07-2007, 04:44 AM
here is a good list of sites that cover the most basic stuff. Inshallah check it out.

The first section covers the most basic stuff and great for someone at non-Muslim or new muslim level.

http://aajooba.webs.com/islamiclinks.htm

truemuslim
12-07-2007, 04:50 AM
I would say getting him this amazing Alfuqan Ipod. I have one. Its amazing! http://www.simplyislam.com/promotion...qan/index.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!