/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If It ? ? ?

ansar.tajudeen
12-06-2007, 06:32 AM
If it's zero degrees outside today, and it is supposed to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?

Why is it called building when it is already built?

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?

Is it possible to be totally partial?

If a book about failures doesn't sell, is it a success?

If all the world is a stage where is the audience sitting?

If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes?

When cheese gets its picture taken what does it say?

If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?

Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one?

Why is it if someone tells you there are 1 billion stars in the universe, you will believe them but if they tell you a wall has wet paint you will have to touch it to be sure?

Do Lipton Tea employees take coffee breaks?

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
12-06-2007, 12:23 PM
:salamext:

Why is it if someone tells you there are 1 billion stars in the universe, you will believe them but if they tell you a wall has wet paint you will have to touch it to be sure?
Lol and get your hands wet with paint... =D

The Ruler
12-06-2007, 05:22 PM
:sl:

Do check the following thread:

http://www.islamicboard.com/puzzles-...nanswered.html

If it's zero degrees outside today, and it is supposed to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?
That's the statement of one who lacks any basic knowledge regarding temperatures.

is progress the opposite of congress?
To be honest, I'd say yes.

If a book about failures doesn't sell, is it a success?
Nope. Not at all. As books are often published with the intention of selling them and earning money. And if that doesn't happen, then it's not a success at all.

If all the world is a stage where is the audience sitting?
If 'World is a stage' is a saying, I strongly disagree with it.

If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes?
I suppose it's as racist as calling a person from pakistan a P-A-K-I [I wasn't being racist as I didn't say it but spelt it out].

When cheese gets its picture taken what does it say?
It says 'Milk!'. Want to prove me wrong?

If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?
I believe that 'terrific' is an old slang word. Just like today's 'sick' and 'wicked'.

Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one?
The same reason 12 isn't onety two or 13 isn't onety three.

Why is it if someone tells you there are 1 billion stars in the universe, you will believe them
I say, one who believes one that says that, has just insulted the word ignorant.

but if they tell you a wall has wet paint you will have to touch it to be sure?
I do that so that I get the paint on my hand. And possibly transfer it to someone else's face.

Do Lipton Tea employees take coffee breaks?
Yes they do. Please prove that I'm not right.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!