/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Both CAN’T be there :-o

------
12-06-2007, 11:31 AM
:salamext:

Ibn Masud (RA), a companion of the Prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Aalihi Wa Sallam) said,

“The love of the Quran and the love of music cannot combine in the heart of a believer.”

It is reported from Abdullah ibn Mas'ood (May Allaah be pleased with him):

"Music sows hypocrisy in the heart like water causes seeds to grow in soil''

(Ad-Durru al-Manthoor, by As-Suyootee 5/307-308, explanation of verse 31:6 of the Qur'aan)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
12-06-2007, 11:40 AM
:sl:

Wow that actually took me back. Jazakallah for the reminder.

Ibn Al Aqwa
12-06-2007, 11:43 AM
^^just shown that to my mate...JazakAllaah...

Al-Hanbali
12-06-2007, 11:48 AM

Jazak'Allah Khair for that reminder.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
12-06-2007, 11:51 AM

Something all of us seriously need to think about and reflect upon Inshaa Allaah....

Pk_#2
12-06-2007, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Ibn Masud (RA), a companion of the Prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Aalihi Wa Sallam) said,

“The love of the Quran and the love of music cannot combine in the heart of a believer.”
Woahhhhhh, Nice One muj4h1d4,

Jazakillah khair,

AslamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Kittygyal
12-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Salamualikum.
Indeed soo true. May Allaah guide us all Amin,
Shukran sis
Ma'assalama

Noor 13
12-06-2007, 04:38 PM
JazakAllah for this so true reminder sister

------
04-08-2008, 06:38 PM

*BUMP

mutlib
04-08-2008, 06:49 PM
jazakAllah for sharing

Soulja Girl
04-08-2008, 07:01 PM

So true, Jazakillah khair for sharing sis. :)

:w:

Danah
04-08-2008, 07:47 PM
jazaki allah khair for the reminder sis

------
06-30-2008, 09:32 AM

Wa Iyyaakum.

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

THat's interesting!

------
06-30-2008, 03:19 PM

Sure is.

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 03:21 PM
can i hear some explainations? i am so delighted!

------
06-30-2008, 03:21 PM

Sorry? What do you mean by explanations? Can I ask you your age brother, because you seem like a teenager to me. No offence, by the way.

al Amaanah
06-30-2008, 03:48 PM
I think he means why cant there be the love of quran and love for music in a believers heart. well music is from the shaytaan, and quran is obviousley not. how can u love something which is from the shaytan?

Güven
06-30-2008, 04:00 PM
I agree 100%

But what About Those Nasheed singers Hamza Robertson or Yusuf Islam As Examples They Have Love for Quran And Music ???

Dont Misunderstand Me , I truly Agree With that Hadith:)

al Amaanah
06-30-2008, 04:34 PM
what about them? this is what ibn mas3ud radiallahu 3anh said, and this is what islaam says. they might have love for quran and music, but this isnt correct wallahu a3lam. again, how can u love something which is from shaytan?

Güven
06-30-2008, 04:39 PM
I agree ^ but there is also music with Dhikr nasheeds

Anyway Just Leave It, Music Is From Shaitan!
There is nothing Better Than Quran Recitations.:statisfie

al Amaanah
06-30-2008, 04:46 PM
music with dhikr? thats like saying lets go to that islamic disco? those 2 words dont match. anyways na3am, who wants to listen to music if he has quran, which is from Allah. alhamdulillah.

Güven
06-30-2008, 04:52 PM
^Alhamdullilah :)

Ali.
06-30-2008, 04:56 PM
What I've never really understood is how come there have been 'hadiths' on music, but it is mentioned nowhere in the Qu'ran that it is forbidden? Everything that the Prophet (PBUH) said, or his companions have always got to be mentioned in the Qur'an somewhere...

------
06-30-2008, 05:24 PM

There is reference to Music in the Qur'aan.

Check out this thread for more information;

http://www.islamicboard.com/fiqh/202...an-sunnah.html

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 05:31 PM

Sorry? What do you mean by explanations? Can I ask you your age brother, because you seem like a teenager to me. No offence, by the way.
i am asking for explaination to have clear view.for why we cant love both..i love Quran and i love music... i doesnt mean i not a good muslim.Right.

Ali.
06-30-2008, 05:43 PM

There is reference to Music in the Qur'aan.

Check out this thread for more information;

http://www.islamicboard.com/fiqh/202...an-sunnah.html
Thanks, still not convinced though.

The first verse showing the prohibition of music (Do you marvel at this statement, and laugh and do not weep, while you amuse yourselves [proudly] in vanities? Rather, prostrate before Allah and worship Him.) could be taken as absolutely anything; from drinking, to lazing around, which all boils down to wasting precious time in general and time management.

The second verse maybe could mean as he tempts us - when people say "I had a voice telling me to do this in my head."

The third verse is not translated correctly. It should be: "And of the people there is he who buyeth for a vain story, that he may lead (others) astray from the path of God without knowledge; and taketh it (the revelation from God) for a mockery; for these shall be a disgracing chastisement."
(That is from my Qur'an)

I also showed this verse to my Father[alhamdullilah] and he said the same thing, i.e. agrees with the translation in my Qur'an (he does speak Arabic), and then I showed my Mother [alhamdullilah](she also speaks Arabic)and she said the same thing.

Insha'Allah I may read the rest later for I have to go now.

If anybody would like to answer me back and finds me amusing then please try to convince me in a nice manner - I'm not saying anybody has or will, but just thought I'd say.

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 06:25 PM
i listened to Yusuf islam songs about Allah, and salawat To the NABI saw.
i listened the to sheikh afasy meshari songs and his recites of Quran.....i mean Nasyid/Nasheed. i love hear speakers of Dawah to learn more bout islam... Is nothing Wrong to listened Good Music and Good God words..of reciting quran.....

Even Non-muslim singing and have their records...like Mariah Carey,Celine Dion,and all famous singers and infamous singers are bad.....the songwriters write poems of life,love to God, and etc...have write a lyrics with morality and breathtaking words.....to touch listener Feeling....

We can listened to such music. Songs that can make people careless is prohibited are like metalicca, sepultera,slipknot....and etc.......and
listen to these kind of music meaning is like following satan....in islam i know...
But in other way of thinking,music doesnt mean have to be offend to God...
Music is universal,and Music are like our mood and feelings....we get anger so we listened to rock or metal,we sad we listening to happy funny songs,we in love and we hear love songs...and we on our spiritual time we can listened to Nasheed and etc! Right...folks.

We can do everything,but we can know whats right and wrong....
if can make decision talk to God.he wills help you...right....! music and Quran...are equally OK for me...! :sl::D

Na7lah
06-30-2008, 06:32 PM
there's a difference between music and nasheeds if ur listening to nasheeds without music then i guess that's ok but if thy have music then no...

------
06-30-2008, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suffiyan007
i listened to Yusuf islam songs about Allah, and salawat To the NABI saw.
i listened the to sheikh afasy meshari songs and his recites of Quran.....i mean Nasyid/Nasheed. i love hear speakers of Dawah to learn more bout islam... Is nothing Wrong to listened Good Music and Good God words..of reciting quran.....

Even Non-muslim singing and have their records...like Mariah Carey,Celine Dion,and all famous singers and infamous singers are bad.....the songwriters write poems of life,love to God, and etc...have write a lyrics with morality and breathtaking words.....to touch listener Feeling....

We can listened to such music. Songs that can make people careless is prohibited are like metalicca, sepultera,slipknot....and etc.......and
listen to these kind of music meaning is like following satan....in islam i know...
Music is universal,and Music are like our mood and feelings....we get anger so we listened to rock or metal,we sad we listening to happy funny songs,we in love and we hear love songs...and we on our spiritual time we can listened to Nasheed and etc! Right...folks.

if can make decision talk to God.he wills help you...right....! music and Quran...are equally OK for me...! :sl::D
Bro the Qur'an and Sunnah say Music is haraam. If you don't want to accept that, up to you.

------
06-30-2008, 06:37 PM

How to pray and prayer rakahs are not mentioned in the Qur'aan either...

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 06:53 PM
I agreed. music is Haram... in Quran and hadith....it make people careless...
i accept... but now modern world...music are everywhere right...even you country Anthem patriotic song also a music...Even Cat Stevens (Yusuf islam)is a music icon..he convert to muslim also he still sings and composed song.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IwgPtH-_ujg&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IwgPtH-_ujg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

why should Yusuf islam(cat stevens) still making music?

Al-Hanbali
06-30-2008, 06:59 PM

why should Yusuf islam(cat stevens) still making music?
This does not justify nor make it permissible.

*KB*
06-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Assalamualaykum

Jazak'Allah Khairan for the reminder. It was short and straight to the point, hits you more hard that way :)

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *KB*
Assalamualaykum

Jazak'Allah Khairan for the reminder. It was short and straight to the point, hits you more hard that way :)

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

u are addressed this to me or someone else?

Na7lah
06-30-2008, 07:07 PM
i think she's adressing the thread starter

*KB*
06-30-2008, 07:10 PM
Assalamualaykum

u are addressed this to me or someone else?
The thread starter, Sister -Serene- lol :giggling:

^^Jazak'Allah Khairan :D

Assalamualaykum
*KB*

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-30-2008, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Thanks, still not convinced though.

The first verse showing the prohibition of music (Do you marvel at this statement, and laugh and do not weep, while you amuse yourselves [proudly] in vanities? Rather, prostrate before Allah and worship Him.) could be taken as absolutely anything; from drinking, to lazing around, which all boils down to wasting precious time in general and time management.

The second verse maybe could mean as he tempts us - when people say "I had a voice telling me to do this in my head."

The third verse is not translated correctly. It should be: "And of the people there is he who buyeth for a vain story, that he may lead (others) astray from the path of God without knowledge; and taketh it (the revelation from God) for a mockery; for these shall be a disgracing chastisement."
(That is from my Qur'an)

I also showed this verse to my Father[alhamdullilah] and he said the same thing, i.e. agrees with the translation in my Qur'an (he does speak Arabic), and then I showed my Mother [alhamdullilah](she also speaks Arabic)and she said the same thing.

Insha'Allah I may read the rest later for I have to go now.

If anybody would like to answer me back and finds me amusing then please try to convince me in a nice manner - I'm not saying anybody has or will, but just thought I'd say.
:sl: Br Ali,

Good things have good attributes and are surrounded by good people, and evil things have evil attributes and are surrounded by evil people.

On the Day of Qiyaamah, can you tell me on which side music will be? Will music be with the Allaah, His Prophets and Messengers, the Companions, and those who followed them in goodness? Or will music be with Shaytan, the people of evil and immorality, the sinful and transgressors?

If you answer this honestly and sincerely, then I think Akhee, you will get your answer :)

Ali.
06-30-2008, 07:24 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude™
Just a question that's aside from the subject... why do you think this, bro?
I think this because the Prophet (PBUH)'s role was to deliver and spread a message from Allah from the Qur'an. So I think everything he says has to be in the Qur'an somewhere solidly stated.

Imam Mahdi is not mentioned anywhere explicitly in the Quran, yet muslims still believe that he will be coming near the end times. That's just one example of what's found in hadith, but not in Quran. I'm sure there are many more.

If what you say is true, then books of hadith would serve no purpose. Only the deviant 'Quran-only' muslims believe such things.
I've never thought of that before...

How to pray and prayer rakahs are not mentioned in the Qur'aan either...
Not at all? There is info' on how to perform Wudu though...

format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad
:sl: Br Ali,

Good things have good attributes and are surrounded by good people, and evil things have evil attributes and are surrounded by evil people.

On the Day of Qiyaamah, can you tell me on which side music will be? Will music be with the Allaah, His Prophets and Messengers, the Companions, and those who followed them in goodness? Or will music be with Shaytan, the people of evil and immorality, the sinful and transgressors?

If you answer this honestly and sincerely, then I think Akhee, you will get your answer :)
Well I don't even listen to music, I do think it is pretty much a waste of time and I guess I agree that it is somewhat evil. But then we have types of music. Stuff like 50Cent, Akon, Slipknot or whatever; take their music away and your left with a pile of rubbish which they call lyrics. But what about Mozart etc.? How is that bad? Some people even claim that certain types of music (e.g. classical) 'calms them down', and to some extent I guess it can.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Well I don't even listen to music, I do think it is pretty much a waste of time and I guess I agree that it is somewhat evil. But then we have types of music. Stuff like 50Cent, Akon, Slipknot or whatever; take their music away and your left with a pile of rubbish which they call lyrics. But what about Mozart etc.? How is that bad? Some people even claim that certain types of music (e.g. classical) 'calms them down', and to some extent I guess it can.
You avoided the question bro.

Ali.
06-30-2008, 07:28 PM
You avoided the question bro.
Well I kind of answered it indirectly.

Bad music - e.g. the ones I mentioned above I think with the Shaytan.

There is a clear wrong with that type of music - but what's wrong with classical?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Well I kind of answered it indirectly.

Bad music - e.g. the ones I mentioned above I think with the Shaytan.

There is a clear wrong with that type of music - but what's wrong with classical?
I see it now. Let me ask a further question: Will classical (anything that "calms") music be with Prophet and Messengers on the Day of Judgement?

Ali.
06-30-2008, 07:34 PM
I see it now. Let me ask a further question: Will classical (anything that "calms") music be with Prophet and Messengers on the Day of Judgement?
I don't know who it will be with.

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah that's true...classical or opera music, are ok for listening... for the listeners...and i heard lotsa arabian dances music....are this haram...? music are held in ancient arabian times...they play the flutes...but it doesnt mean haram...my country lotsa people playing kompang(malay instrument),seruling,serunai...and etc...and i heard lotsa chinese classical music play with gun zheng...(chinese piano)...and chinese guitar..and er hu...!
and listens to indian tamil songs....nothing wrong for listening for music...even though u r going fo Spa massage they put light n easy music calm ya nerve and mood...!...:sl:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-30-2008, 08:07 PM
P.S. Sorry for being an annoyance.
You're not being an annoyance :)

I don't know who it will be with - unless somebody can convince me, I'm not really seeing any wrong in classical music.
There are many ways I can try and convince you. I can provide for you verses and ahadeeth and quotes from the Companions and the Imaams of the Muslims from the first three generations that are at the epitome of explicitness about their understanding of the ahadeeth and Qur'anic verses regarding the forbiddence of musical instruments and singing. Question is bro, will you accept them?

The music we have today didn't even exist in the Prophet (PBUH)'s times - so how could there be hadith's on it etc.?
You're right - the likes of our music definetly did not exist then. What existed was a much simpler form of music and singing with simpler instruments which I would dare say, did not entice the soul as the music of today does - yet the forbiddence of it is clear and there is a consensus amongst the Companions regarding the forbiddence of mazaaif (musical instruments) and ghinaa (singing). So when something that was much lesser in amount and effect was forbidden, then does it not naturally follow that what is greater is also forbidden?

Secondly Akhee, for the sake of this discussion, I'll say your point may be valid - there may be some small benefit in classical music. Yet, I feel you may have overlooked the reason why wine and gambling is forbidden. Does not Allaah say about it:

{They ask you about wine and gambling. Say, "In them is great sin and [yet, some] benefit for people. But their sin is greater than their benefit."}[al-Baqarah; 219]

Isn't it haraam even though there is present in it a small amount of benefit? Aren't the harms and evils of music evident in present day society? Isn't the fact that it takes people away from the Qur'an enough of an evil to outweigh all other benefit that it may contain?

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 08:12 PM
huhu...i u wanna know...better see Aladdin cartoon or Ali baba and the forty thieves..huhu...just kidding..lotsa arabian music...if music haram in quran...why arabian still playing music...like flutes,drums..and etc...! are they jahilliyah?

Ali.
06-30-2008, 08:16 PM
There are many ways I can try and convince you. I can provide for you verses and ahadeeth and quotes from the Companions and the Imaams of the Muslims from the first three generations that are at the epitome of explicitness about their understanding of the ahadeeth and Qur'anic verses regarding the forbiddence of musical instruments and singing. Question is bro, will you accept them?
The problem with hadiths is that they were written a while after the Prophet (PBUH) died; which left plenty of room for lies. That is the sole reason why I want solid evidence from the Qur'an.

So when something that was much lesser in amount and effect was forbidden, then does it not naturally follow that what is greater is also forbidden?
Sorry bro', could you please rephrase that into slightly simpler English? Lol I'm only a teen.

Secondly Akhee, for the sake of this discussion, I'll say your point may be valid - there may be some small benefit in classical music. Yet, I feel you may have overlooked the reason why wine and gambling is forbidden. Does not Allaah say about it:

{They ask you about wine and gambling. Say, "In them is great sin and [yet, some] benefit for people. But their sin is greater than their benefit."}[al-Baqarah; 219]

Isn't it haraam even though there is present in it a small amount of benefit? Aren't the harms and evils of music evident in present day society? Isn't the fact that it takes people away from the Qur'an enough of an evil to outweigh all other benefit that it may contain?
True...

Definitely something to dwell upon; thanks bro' :thumbs_up

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-30-2008, 08:35 PM

:sl: Akhee,

Let me re-phrase these statements and then tell me whether you agree with them or not:
'We can drink. Drinking that makes people drunk is prohhibited and drinking like this is like following satan'
'But in other way of thinking, drinking doesnt mean have to be offensive to God'
'Drinking is universal and drinking are like our moods and feelings'
'We get angry so we drink beer'
'we are happy/love we drink wine'
Honestly, does this make sense? Why the laxness in music and not in other haraam? Because, all the points you are putting forth can just as easily be applied to wine, gambling, and zinaa.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-30-2008, 08:48 PM
The problem with hadiths is that they were written a while after the Prophet (PBUH) died; which left plenty of room for lies. That is the sole reason why I want solid evidence from the Qur'an.
This is a misconception bro, propagated by the ill informed 'Qur'an-only' sect. This was never the belief of the Muslims before this generation, because the Muslims actually had access to the sciences of hadeeth. So don't be fooled by these people and believe them, until you've sat down yourself and studied the science for yourself. Then you can decide correctly Insha'Allaah :). Doesn't it make more sense to educate ourselves about something first, before we pass judgment upon it? Surely, we would not pass judgment upon a prescription given to us by a doctor when we haven't studied medicine, right akhee?

So, the ahadeeth were written down just as the Qur'an was written down, and there were many compilations in the first century itself, by the Companions of the Prophet themselves.

http://www.load-islam.com/artical_de...ection=Hadeeth

The ahadeeth have been preserved in the exact same way that the Qur'an has been preserved, i.e. memorization and chains of narration and writing them down.

Sorry bro', could you please rephrase that into slightly simpler English? Lol I'm only a teen.
Sorry, I should have been clearer. :)

Here:
So when something that was much lesser in amount and effect was forbidden, then does it not naturally follow that what is greater is also forbidden?
Music was forbidden when it was not as widespread as it is today, and when its effects were much lesser than the effects it has today (with the technology and all). So how can it be permissible now, when its effects have become much more?

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 08:49 PM
i agreed music haram....if you watch television,music are surrounded you....
music you can listen when u are in tension or stress.. just to relax and relieve all the tension and stress...to have a peaceful i know taking ablution water and pray....is the best way...music doesnt mean really following Satan. i have heard my local there lotsa islamic music in my country, singing song about Allah in Rap, Ballad,and etc...to praise Allah....my country also have nasheed..sang by local people here....i dont say until drinking beer and eating pork or zina.That all are falsehood... i know haram taking all kind of things...even smoking is haram... silent suicide...!why the world have music?
We recite our Quran have tajwid the pattern to recite quran...learn how to understand kasrah,fathah,dammah...sound!...even now these day people playing piano,violin,saxaphone,and etc? that mean playing instruments also haram...! so the western must not invented music instruments! and also the eastern music instruments....! China have lotsa music play by their traditional instrument...lotsa muslim in China play Er hu,gun zheng..and etc...i know is Haram...but we can't runaway from music even we listened to radio also music...!

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 08:53 PM
a'uzubillahi minas syaitanir Rajim!

al Amaanah
06-30-2008, 08:55 PM
music you can listen when u are in tension or stress.. just to relax and relieve all the tension and stress
what? u cant compare words of music with the words of the Quran. if ure stressing, listen to the quran.

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 09:05 PM
i agreed...i also listened to Quran recite in my cd player...

what i gonna tell is....music give us excitement and feeling sensation...
Music is everywhere....i never compared words and quran...! but i like world music and Quran...Even i listen to Andrea Bocelli songs, enya,Charlotte church,Russell watson,Ali cheb,Yusuf islam(cat stevens)songs....Sheikh Afasy meshari songs...and etc... there are muslim in music icon..still making music...
and earn living...for life...

Working in music field like songwriter,lyricist,singer,dancer,and etc.....is to earn living...! you got a voice u should sing....a song..i know in islam muslimah are haram to sing...cause aurat ! but people everywhere making music for money...and earn living...!:exhausted

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 09:07 PM
u should Ask paula Abdul to stop singing and making music...she's muslim...!

al Amaanah
06-30-2008, 09:08 PM
what does that mean? that if she sings and shes a muslim, its permitted in islaam? nah bro, i should ask u to stop listening to music insha Allah.

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 09:08 PM
can u tell me that u never listen to radio and watch tv....?

Güven
06-30-2008, 09:10 PM
^There is a Difference Between Hearing Music And Listening Music

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 09:11 PM
she is a muslimah...i mean paula abdul...and she still going strong in her music career? she making haram thing..so how...?

al Amaanah
06-30-2008, 09:12 PM
lol what has that to do with it? if i did something that goes against islaam (which we all did and still are doing, we are sinners and the best of those who sin is the one who repents) doesnt mean its correct bro.

Güven
06-30-2008, 09:12 PM
What Do you Meaan How ? She is Doing SOmething Bad , That She Is A Muslimah Doesnt Mean Everything She does Is HAlal

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 09:13 PM
i agreed...but my country everywhere music cant defense/resist! :Dmaybe i should put an ear plug should be a solution! just kidding!

Güven
06-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Not Only in Your Country Bro , Its In The Whole World , But you gotta resist put Quran Or Nasheed In Your Ipod(if You have One ofcourse:D) Or somethin :)

Maymunah
06-30-2008, 09:19 PM
she is a muslimah...i mean paula abdul...and she still going strong in her music career? she making haram thing..so how...?
Im I missing a point here....:?
So wat if paula abdul is working in the music industry.
On the day of judgment allah is not going 2 ask u bout paula abdul ,but u will b questioned on your life n how u lived it, if u followed the quran n the sunnah of the prophet pbuh etc

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Ya i understand and i had agreed...! well sorry for debating..! i hope for the best! we should not have music and put Quran in priority!...sorry my english quite lousy...cause i am not white skin people...i am yellow skin..people...u will know where i am from!

Maymunah
06-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Ya i understand and i had agreed...! well sorry for debating..! i hope for the best! we should not have music and put Quran in priority!...sorry my english quite lousy...cause i am not white skin people...i am yellow skin..people...u will know where i am from!
alhamdullilah...Im glad:)

Güven
06-30-2008, 09:22 PM
LOl;D SO What If your not white skin that has NOthing To do with Your Language and Btw Your English is Not That Bad :thumbs_up

Fishman
06-30-2008, 09:25 PM
On music:
Every culture in the world uses some form of vocalisation to express itself. Its a natural thing, even for Muslims. That's what naats/nasheeds are for. However much people mess around with words by saying 'reading' instead of 'singing', or calling them 'poetry', naats are still a kind of song, but one which scholars agree is allowed. I've noticed that Muslims, despite music being regarded as haraam, are actually incredibly vocal people. You can't find a gathering without some sort of artistic use of the human voice. So that does away with the old 'how can you not have music!? Its natural!' argument.

This, however, leads to a new question that people ask. They say that only allowing Islamic songs is racist and intollerant of other cultures. However, there is in fact no reason why you can't read a naat/nasheed written in for example, a Chinese style, or an African style, or an English style, provided no musical instruments are used.

al Amaanah
06-30-2008, 09:29 PM
exactly guven. or mp3 player.

suffiyan007
06-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Aiyo! u a strong point man...fishman...there lotsa to learn in islam bout hadith what Nabi SAW...told his companion...hear/listen to music..are haram...!
my comments that, lotsa people say no music..so boring...life so dull? i mean now these day people saying...OMG! **** boring no music so lifeless...so how much u can see when Music in world is prohibited? i not to debate but to be a commentator..i just to give some of my view..! music are everywhere! so the world are so dangerous!

Umu 'Isa
07-01-2008, 09:28 AM
There have been several threads on this topic before. Use the search function and you shall find insha Allaah.

Reference for original post from sister -Serene-:

It is reported from Abdullah ibn Mas'ood (May Allaah be pleased with him):

"Music sows hypocrisy in the heart like water causes seeds to grow in soil''

(Ad-Durru al-Manthoor, by As-Suyootee 5/307-308, explanation of verse 31:6 of the Qur'aan)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!