/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Science of QIRAA'AAT discussion...

IceQueen~
12-06-2007, 02:05 PM
:sl:

I was listening to extracts of the different ways of reading the Qur'aan and wanted to share what I found InshaAllah (quiet interesting MashaAllah).

WARSH from Naafi': In Surah Faatiha the reciter read maliki yawmi-deen with a short maliki instead of maaliki

They joined Surah Faatiha with Surah Baqarah without reading bismillah inbetween.

In Surah Baqarah they read yoominoona instead of yu'minoona
Also bilaakhirati instead of bil-'aakhirati
(ie they did not pronounce the hamza in either)
I think this is called 'tas-heel' in Tajweed.

Also with the word salaata (prayer) they read this pronouncing the laam fat instead of flatly.

(In the Hafs reading (this is the most common one and the one most of us are used to) the letter 'Laam' is only pronounced 'fat' or 'thickly' in 'Allah' and that too only when the word 'Allah' is preceded by a fat-ha or a Damma)

That was what I found so far from listening to al-Fatiha and the beginning of al-Baqarah.

QAALOON from Naafi': This was mostly the same as Hafs (Surah Fatiha and beginning of Baqarah) except that maliki was read short and the munfasil mads were lengthened only 2 counts though the munfasil mads were lengthened fully (in Hafs it is waajib to lengthen to 4-5 counts for muttasil and munfasil).

And I think the reciter did tas-heel in Baqarah with 'a 'anthartahum (ayah 6) he read it as aa-anthartahum.

AS-SOOSI from Abu Amr: The reciter for this one read the mad munfasil short (as Qaaloon) and muttasil long. Short maliki again and interestingly- when they read al-Fatiha they joined ar-rahmani-rahim with maliki yawmi-deen and instead of reading it as:
..rahimi maliki... they did idghaam between the 'Meem' at the end of 'rahim' and the 'Meem' at the beginning of 'maliki': ...rahimmaliki...

AL-BAZZI AND QUNBUL from Ibn Katheer: Again maliki was short but the other thing was that the reciter read 'him' as himoo and 'hum' as humoo and 'kum' as kumoo everywhere these came (beginning of al-Baqarah).

InshaAllah I'll post more up later...

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MinAhlilHadeeth
12-06-2007, 02:53 PM
:salamext:

MashaAllah. May I ask what the source for this is?

IceQueen~
12-06-2007, 03:50 PM
yups I had it in my other thread didn't realise it wasn't in here: link

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-06-2007, 10:42 PM
:sl:

Jazakallah Khayr! This is one of the most amazing things about the Qur'an, that in different Qira'a some verses are recited slightly differently, yet they do not contradict nor do they cause any sort of inconsistency but it in fact leads to a more clearer and more comprehensive meaning. Which other book can boast of this trait?!

The Qira'at of the Qur'an - From Yasir Qadhi's book 'An Introduction to the Sciences of the Qur'aan':
http://www.bismikaallahuma.org/archi...-of-the-quran/

Take the time to read it^ It's extremely beneficial.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.