/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Up to LI logo, how is that done?

islamic
12-07-2007, 12:06 AM
:sl: to all.
I have vBulletin forum and also this skin, ELEMENT, for the forum. InshAllah soon it will be the first Islamic forum in my country in the official language of the country.
I'd like to ask , is this 56K vBulletin hack - addone or I am wrong? If it is vBulletin add-one, product, hack or whatever something, does anyone has it to provide it to me ?:) Or, if it's not any of these things, what is it? how can I have it done? :)

Btw, I want to ask about those links .. where the logo is, up there :) Where it has .. Load-Islam, Forums, Referrers, Favorites, AllRead, Files, Member Pages, Topics ... HOW is that done? another vBulletin add-one? where can I find it? How is the name of that? how did you do that?
:)

Please, I need some help round these things..

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amille40
12-07-2007, 12:12 AM
I dont know the vBulletin much myself, but having created numerous forums myself in the past, maybe I can answer your question.

Most of what you can add to forums in the way of links, headers, footers, icons, etc, are codes that you paste into your website through the administration mode.

Again, I dont know vBulliten, but I would suggest going to their main page and seeing if they have a vBulliten user forum, where people can post up codes. If not, you can always try googling it ;)

Inshallah, your site will look and work great :)

islamic
12-07-2007, 10:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amille40
Inshallah, your site will look and work great :)
:sl:

InshAllah it will, and I don't think there will be a problem :)
Anyway, thank you for the answer, brother. I was waiting someone of the LI staff to give me some advices because .. they administrate the forum and they know how they have done that :)
I will try with google to find something btw.

islamic
12-07-2007, 11:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamic
:sl: to all.
Btw, I want to ask about those links .. where the logo is, up there :) Where it has .. Load-Islam, Forums, Referrers, Favorites, AllRead, Files, Member Pages, Topics ... HOW is that done? another vBulletin add-one? where can I find it? How is the name of that? how did you do that?
I found something about this :-) It's double navigation bar, and it's easy to be done.
Here is the procedure that I got from one forum,

This places a second navbar above the breadcrumb.

Open your navbar template, find:

Code:
<!-- breadcrumb, login, pm info -->
and add the following before that line

Code:
<!-- top nav buttons bar -->
<div align="center">
<table class="tborder" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" align="center" style="border-bottom-width:0px">
<tr align="center">
<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="index.php?$session[sessionurl]">Home</a></td>
<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="online.php?$session[sessionurl]">$vbphrase[whos_online]</a></td>
<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td>
<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]do=markread">$vbphrase[mark_forums_read]</a></td>
<if condition="$show['member']">
<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=process&showposts=0&starteronly=1&exactname=1&s earchuser=$bbuserinfo[username]">My Threads</a> / <a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=process&showposts=0&exactname=1&searchuser=$bbu serinfo[username]">Replies</a></td>
<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="#" onclick="window.open('misc.php?$session[sessionurl]do=buddylist&amp;focus=1','buddylist','statusbar=n o,menubar=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars =yes,resizable=yes,width=250,height=300'); return false;">$vbphrase[open_buddy_list]</a></td>
<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$bbuserinfo[userid]">$vbphrase[my_profile]</a></td>
</if>
<if condition="$bbuserinfo[usergroupid] == 6">
<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="$admincpdir/index.php$session[sessionurl_q]">AdminCP</a></td>
</if>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
<!-- / top nav buttons bar -->
So, you can use it as well :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.