/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi

malaki
12-07-2007, 06:53 AM
I am new here obviously. I want to revert and have studied Islam a little over the past few years. I am discouraged though, I have lived all over my country and cannot find a single masjid within the least reasonable distance. I know what it takes to revert, but I am afraid to convert with nobody near by to share it with. I may be selfish but I think it is reasonable to want a masjid to go to and be with fellow muslims, right? I know I will not be alone in Islam, as I will have Allah, the Quran and you all to turn to, but does anyone have any ideas?

I am not ready to revert yet, but I think it would be nice if I could find a masjid to go to. Am I being ridiculous and selfish?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
12-07-2007, 06:59 AM
[MOUSE]welcome![/MOUSE]
no, i think it's quite normal to want to join a community.
i don't know what country you're in, but you could try this
http://www.islamicfinder.org/

Hashim_507
12-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Greeting,

Welcome to the forum and may Allah guide you to Islam.

Abdul-Raouf
12-07-2007, 07:05 AM

If possible
try to shift your residence ..near to a masjid.:)
(After u revert)
Coz If u pray in congregation(jamat) at Masjid u will get more rewards from ALLAH.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hashim_507
12-07-2007, 07:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by malaki
I am new here obviously. I want to revert and have studied Islam a little over the past few years. I am discouraged though, I have lived all over my country and cannot find a single masjid within the least reasonable distance. I know what it takes to revert, but I am afraid to convert with nobody near by to share it with. I may be selfish but I think it is reasonable to want a masjid to go to and be with fellow muslims, right? I know I will not be alone in Islam, as I will have Allah, the Quran and you all to turn to, but does anyone have any ideas?

I am not ready to revert yet, but I think it would be nice if I could find a masjid to go to. Am I being ridiculous and selfish?
What country do you live?

malaki
12-07-2007, 07:11 AM
I live in the United States, and I am pleased to say Thank You to you all.

snakelegs, thank you for the link, it showed me a few areas close to me. I had no idea about them.

Now I just have to study and learn to please Allaah, then I will revert. Should I revert first and do my best? I am worried about doing it before I am ready and shaming Allaah.

Hashim_507
12-07-2007, 07:17 AM

snakelegs, thank you for the link, it showed me a few areas close to me. I had no idea about them.

Now I just have to study and learn to please Allaah, then I will revert. Should I revert first and do my best? I am worried about doing it before I am ready and shaming Allaah.
I would wish you to revert first then you will be more closer to Allah than before.

Abdul-Raouf
12-07-2007, 07:21 AM

Now I just have to study and learn to please Allaah, then I will revert.
Should I revert first and do my best?
I am worried about doing it before I am ready and shaming Allaah.
My opinion is YES

Revert soon...and Acknowledge it from your Heart to ALLAH

Coz We dono wat could happen the next minute... to our life...

malaki
12-07-2007, 07:52 AM
I will then. Uh-oh, is malaki a bad name to have? I was reading about names in Islam and something like it came up, I didn't even know!

Ummu Sufyaan
12-07-2007, 07:55 AM
:sl:
welcome to the forums.
Uh-oh, is malaki a bad name to have?
im not sure, but what does it mean?

Hashim_507
12-07-2007, 07:58 AM
I will then. Uh-oh, is malaki a bad name to have? I was reading about names in Islam and something like it came up, I didn't even know!
It sounds like Malik, the name is one of the 99 names of Allah. The King, The Sovereign is the meaning for Malik. Abdimalik is legal name, it means slave of Allah.

malaki
12-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Malak means king and supposed to be an angel. I don't know what malaki means but they seem to be similar. I don't want to use a name that has such a meaning. It is not /my/ name, just what I use on this forum.

malaki
12-07-2007, 08:01 AM
What should I do to fix this on the forum, again this is not my name, just what I use on the forum. I am off to a bad start I guess..

Ummu Sufyaan
12-07-2007, 08:03 AM
i see. i hope these links help.
http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=11...ng&txt=Ramadan (How To Become a Muslim)
http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=14...ng&txt=Ramadan (Starting-point for one who wants to enter Islam)

What should I do to fix this on the forum, again this is not my name, just what I use on the forum.
check this thread out. http://www.islamicboard.com/forum-he...-username.html
I am off to a bad start I guess..
not really, just sit back and relax.

------
12-07-2007, 11:07 AM
:salamext:

:welcome: to the forum brother.

Hope you will have a beneficial stay here.

If you have any questions, please ask Inshaa Allaah.

UmmSqueakster
12-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Welcome to the forum. If you have time, check out the link in my signature, as it contains several helpful webpages for converts.

If you know enough about God and His Prophet (saws) to know that you want to convert, then I'd say convert! The sahabi (companions of the Prophet) were the best generation of muslims, and it took them 23 years to learn Islam. You can't be expected to learn everything overnight, so take it slow.

UmmSqueakster
12-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Also, Maliki isn't a bad name. Imam Malik (may God be pleased with him) was a great scholar of Islam, and his school of thought is known as the Maliki school. It isn't necessarily a common muslim name, but it doesn't have negative connotations.

Pk_#2
12-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Ahh welcome bro,

All the best in reverting, May God guide you bro,

You propa put me to shame, i can see you're already trying your best to be good,

Keep it up!

Any questions ask away!!..

Peace be upon those who follow guidance.

DAWUD_adnan
12-07-2007, 06:02 PM
May Allah give you all that is Good.

Kittygyal
12-08-2007, 01:29 PM
^ Amin

Howdy

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!