/* */

PDA

View Full Version : who cares if dinosaurs existed or not?????????

nevesirth
12-07-2007, 07:16 PM
discoveries that include an enormous, previously unknown carnivorous dinosaur, a new shark species, at least three other new fish and three new trees.

All of the now-extinct organisms once thrived in or around a giant lake 200 million years ago, according to paleontologists who made the finds.

Anatomical features and track marks linked to the dinosaur suggest it specialized in eating and catching fish, including sharks and huge bony fish that, when consumed, would have been "like biting through chain mail," Utah State paleontologist James Kirkland told Discovery News.
just heard on the news abt a new dinosaur being discovered and named. my question is why do we care if they really existed. ok, even if they did, of what benefit is their studies to mankind, all the money, effort and time spent on research, what are these scientists trying to prove or what is their aim of researching. shld we really care if dinosaurs existed or not? its not like theres still some species in existence or they cud ever be brought back to life..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
12-07-2007, 07:18 PM
well, they're kind of cute...

Isambard
12-07-2007, 07:19 PM
The same could be argued of religious studies.

snakelegs
12-07-2007, 07:20 PM
yeah, but they're not cute.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nevesirth
12-07-2007, 07:24 PM
some even dedicate their whole lives to the elusive tracking of 'big foot' and the 'abominable snow man' theyll soon find some ancient monkey fossils and say it was tht of big foot which lived over 30 million years ago

nevesirth
12-07-2007, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
well, they're kind of cute...
whats cute abt giant lizards?

noorahmad
12-07-2007, 07:27 PM
yeah, but ppl finding bones and all that, maybe they just wanted to know, to whom or what did they belong to and i goes on like that!!

Woodrow
12-07-2007, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nevesirth
just heard on the news abt a new dinosaur being discovered and named. my question is why do we care if they really existed. ok, even if they did, of what benefit is their studies to mankind, all the money, effort and time spent on research, what are these scientists trying to prove or what is their aim of researching. shld we really care if dinosaurs existed or not? its not like theres still some species in existence or they cud ever be brought back to life..
:sl:

Most paleontologists select the line of work because the enjoy it. The pay is poor, but the hours and locations are excellent. Most paleontologists are funded by private organizations. Usually for the purpose of hoping they will make a major discovery that will attract paying customers to the Museum or what ever. Very few if any are paid with public funds.

The big dollar paleontologists work for oil companies. Their locating and identifying fossils in the area is a tremendous help in determining the probable location of oil producing fields.

Most people that pursue a degree in paleontology never get employed as such, they end up as biology or geology professors.

A few find work as Government Geologists.

------
12-07-2007, 07:31 PM
yeah, but they're not cute.
:salamext:

'Cute' wasn't the first word that came to mind.

snakelegs
12-07-2007, 07:33 PM
well little lizards are cute too, and surely you've heard "bigger is better"?

wilberhum
12-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Why do we care if they really existed? It is called "Knowledge".

There are actually people in this world that like to learn and understand.

Then there are people that have a 3 letter word answer for everything. :uuh:

But I love "new information". You should try it. :D

nevesirth
12-07-2007, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Why do we care if they really existed? It is called "Knowledge".

There are actually people in this world that like to learn and understand.

Then there are people that have a 3 letter word answer for everything. :uuh:

But I love "new information". You should try it. :D
whats the word? GOD? thts not the topic for today............

snakelegs
12-07-2007, 07:46 PM
on a more serious note than my previous posts - god has given us the gift of wonder. if you believe in god, the more you learn about nature and our planet, the more you are in awe.
so, i think it's cool.
however, i do agree there are plenty of studies that are silly. i saw a study once, complete with charts and graphs - that made the brilliant discovery that rattlesnakes further north go in to hibernation earlier and come out later than rattlesnakes further south - what a surprise!!
also a lot of studies they do, when you read about them, the group sampled is so small as to be meaningless.

Woodrow
12-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Another nice thing about fossils is they bring big dollars on ebay and other places, even some nice online Moroccan shops. Moroccans are making good money selling rocks they find in the Atlas mountains.

http://www.piinc.biz/

~Taalibah~
12-07-2007, 09:30 PM
900$ for a peice of rock! :D But i know theres pretty much more weird stuff going for more.
As for the dinosaurs, i find it amazing that there could have been creatures like that at one time. If there was, we should be thankful we were not put with them fend for ourselves! But as we dont know whether there was or not ,i think, we as Muslims should not get too much involved.

Kittygyal
12-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Salamualikum.
They are cute and hot.
Ma'assalama

truemuslim
12-07-2007, 09:43 PM

Lol yeah. :? and seriously dinosours arent going to help us today and they never will...plus..theyr ugly....and i dont even care bout them...only those wierd scientinsts do.:D

nevesirth
12-07-2007, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
Lol yeah. :? and seriously dinosours arent going to help us today and they never will...plus..theyr ugly....and i dont even care bout them...only those wierd scientinsts do.:D
so very ugly, nothing cute or hot about those ugly looking giant lizards, anyway, they create jobs for some scientists..

truemuslim
12-07-2007, 09:48 PM
anyway, they create jobs for some scientists..

yea jobs for people with no life..no offence scientists

snakelegs
12-07-2007, 09:49 PM
well, at least the ones studying dinosaurs are not working on inventing ever more efficient ways to kill people...
keeps 'em off the streets, so to speak.

truemuslim
12-07-2007, 09:51 PM
well, at least the ones studying dinosaurs are not working on inventing ever more efficient ways to kill people...
keeps 'em off the streets, so to speak.
...good point...:uuh:

wilberhum
12-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Dinosaur Track Discovery In Australia
ScienceDaily (Nov. 16, 2007) — Fossil tracks belonging to large, carnivorous dinosaurs (Theropods) have been discovered near Inverloch by palaeontologists from Monash University and Museum of Victoria.

Scientists believe the tracks were likely to have been made by large Theropods walking on river floodplains about 115 million years ago during the Cretaceous Period.
(more)
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1114204936.htm

115 million years ago, I find that totally amazing. Don't you?

truemuslim
12-07-2007, 09:57 PM

not really. I find this amazing

~Taalibah~
12-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Amazing? lol, amazing that they can believe that with such assurance! :D
so very ugly, nothing cute or hot about those ugly looking giant lizards, anyway, they create jobs for some scientists..
Remember what you find ugly other may not.

Kittygyal
12-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Salamualikum

Dinosaur's are hot and cute. Come on there nice looking man!

Ma'assalama

barney
12-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Several problems with Dinosaurs.

1) They prove the world is older than 6000 years. Yeah yeah, I know that these days everyone backpedals and starts saying that "A God-day is a billion years" and "Day means period of time", but it dosnt wash, because a day was a day up to the point where the world was proved older then suddenly its Theist-mass-panic time to reconstruct scriptual reality.
2) God who is perfect and infallible effectively made a mistake. He created something that became extinct. They served no purpose. They lived before mankind and so they had no effect on humans, where as all the beasts and birds of the land were made only for the benifit of people, dinosaurs dont figure in this.
3) They were atanomical disasters. Fliddy little useless arms and legs too heavy for the body. They look almost like something evolving rather than the creations of a perfect Deity. Either that or the creation of a Deity who had to practice a bit before he figured it all out.

truemuslim
12-07-2007, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum

Ma'assalama

^o):skeleton:

snakelegs
12-07-2007, 10:05 PM

yes, and one of the things in that book is that god is always drawing attention to natural phenomena, saying it is his signs. it's something i like very much.

Kittygyal
12-07-2007, 10:07 PM
^o):skeleton:
Salamualikum.

Er, need help?

I like all animals/creatures man. You may not like 'em but i find them very intresting and neat. They might be tall and kinda scruffy in your sense but to me there kewl.

Ma'assalama

barney
12-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Best dino Ever

wilberhum
12-07-2007, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
Amazing? lol, amazing that they can believe that with such assurance!
How many facts do you need for assurance? :hiding::hiding:

Kittygyal
12-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Wilberhum you have the ugliest siggy :X

truemuslim
Salamualikum.

Er, need help?

I like all animals/creatures man. You may not like 'em but i find them very intresting and neat. They might be tall and kinda scruffy in your sense but to me there kewl.

Ma'assalama

yes i know they cute...not all...e.g snakes, turantulas, lizards, iguanas, anything that crawls in a +o( way make me run and scream juss seein em on tv...seeing them in real life..u dont wanna kno.....but kittys, birds, lions, tigerz, squirrels. CUTE but "HOT" ???

nevesirth
Salamualikum

Ma'assalama

[/IMG]

u really think these lizards are cute????

truemuslim
12-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Wilberhum you have the ugliest siggy :X
lol yea i kno

Kittygyal
12-07-2007, 10:12 PM
yes i know they cute...not all...e.g snakes, turantulas, lizards, iguanas, anything that crawls in a +o( way make me run and scream juss seein em on tv...seeing them in real life..u dont wanna kno.....but kittys, birds, lions, tigerz, squirrels. CUTE but "HOT" ???
Salamualikum.
They all once say i have a different taste but then again thats Snowy for then init. I Like All animals n i find them hot and neat but don't like the one Wilberhum has in his siggy. :eek:
Ma'assalama

truemuslim
12-07-2007, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Best dino Ever

lol

Kittygyal
12-07-2007, 10:15 PM

[/IMG]

u really think these lizards are cute????
Salamualikum.
Na'am, i like them they look cute
Ma'assalama

nevesirth

at least they cuter than this...

truemuslim
Salamualikum.
Well thats me init, I like all animals and i find them hot and neat but don't like the one Wilberhum has in his siggy. :eek:
Ma'assalama

sorry.. i never thought i would ever have to do this in google images but, do u find these cute and...hot??

Kittygyal
12-07-2007, 10:16 PM

Salamualikum.
LOL!! thats ugly man.
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
12-07-2007, 10:16 PM
sorry.. i never thought i would ever have to do this in google images but, do u find these cute and...hot??

Salamualikum.
Can't see it.
Ma'assalama

truemuslim
12-07-2007, 10:17 PM

:omg: PLEASE STOP SAYING CUTE!!!!!...sorry...just say "betterlooking"

Kittygyal
12-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Salamualikum.

Anywho,

who cares if dinosaurs existed or not?????????
Ma'assalama

truemuslim
12-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Salamualikum.
Can't see it.
Ma'assalama

aoutho billah min alshaitani rajeem.... im so sorry for u ppl..i dont even dare lookin at this pic.... +o(

Keltoi
12-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Who cares if dinosaurs existed? Science cares, and actually so do I. The more we learn about what could have caused the mass extinction, the more we might understand what cataclysmic event we as humans should be looking out for. Whether it be an asteroid or some other calamity.

Kittygyal
12-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Salamualikum.
You don't have the dare to look at the pic yet post it. Oh, i need to learn to seal my eyes whilst posting. Better learn quick on that one.

Anywho. It does look cute and spotty.
Ma'assalama

Chuck
12-07-2007, 10:22 PM
The thing is I think you can't ignore it. Muslims used to be into studying these things but they are not anymore. And you can see the drawback, muslims scholars used to drive such a meaningful inspirations on how God works with life but now it there is void in Islamic literature about this. Read the work of Al-Jahiz and other similar scholars.

truemuslim
12-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Salamualikum.
You don't have the dare to look at the pic yet post it. Oh, i need to learn to seal my eyes whilst posting. Better learn quick on that one.

Anywho. It does look cute and spotty.
Ma'assalama

hey i only looked at it for abot 5 secs....ew...ew...ew....and AAAHHH..if i saw that in real life nad it was in my house or somthin..i would run scream then faint....if it touches me....:zip:

~Taalibah~
12-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Salamualikum

Ma'assalama
Want one as a pet? Closest you'll get today is the comodo dragon!
Just kidding!:D

Kittygyal
hey i only looked at it for abot 5 secs....ew...ew...ew....and AAAHHH..if i saw that in real life nad it was in my house or somthin..i would run scream then faint....if it touches me....:zip:
Salamualikum.
Lets not jump to conculsions cuz firstly it will be in a cage in real life. Lol and erm nah it won't come in ur house. Hmpfft ahaha.

Anywho they are kinda cute well some are but some are kinda groose.

Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
Want one as a pet? Closest you'll get today is the comodo dragon!
Just kidding!:D
Salamualikum.
Wouldn't mind to!
Ma'assalama

truemuslim
12-07-2007, 10:29 PM
k well im out. this is the sickest conversation i have ever had...not bouut u ppl bout the things we talkin bout....ew....ima go read some..heh...jokes...get...th-th-that o-o-out offf mmy head....*shaking with image in my head*

nevesirth
12-07-2007, 10:32 PM

cute innit?

wilberhum
12-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Look you all, any more remarks about myTazie and I will send his brother after you.

And this is your last warning.

~Taalibah~
12-07-2007, 10:38 PM
i like the Tazmanian devil!

Woodrow
12-07-2007, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck
The thing is I think you can't ignore it. Muslims used to be into studying these things but they are not anymore. And you can see the drawback, muslims scholars used to drive such a meaningful inspirations on how God works with life but now it there is void in Islamic literature about this. Read the work of Al-Jahiz and other similar scholars.

If we find any creation of Allaah(swt)'s it is for a purpose. The choice is always up to us to use or misuse the purpose. Paleontology has many purposes such as:

1. To teach us of the infinite wonder of Allaah(swt) the fact we can see evidence of wonders Allaah(swt) be it as far as we can see into the depths of space or as far as we can find in the geological history of the earth.

2. To use it for the benefits it can bring us. The fossil records can show us the location of useful minerals, such as petroleum.

3. Not all history is written or oral. The fossil record is a visual history of the earth from it's earliest days. I feel it is fitting that we should learn as much Allaah(swt) chooses to reveal to us. The fossils are visible to us only because we have been given the ability to find and observe what Allaah(swt) has created.

truemuslim
12-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Look you all, any more remarks about myTazie and I will send his brother after you.

is that a dog or a giant rat... oh well...check out my thread ima bout to do..its AMAZINGLY scary. wait bout 5 mins tho

Woodrow
12-07-2007, 11:21 PM

wilberhum
12-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Woodrow,
You rat, you dirty rat.

Please PM me on how you did that.

That twice today my made me laugh.
(You are going to ruine my immage)

truemuslim
12-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Woodrow,
You rat, you dirty rat.

Please PM me on how you did that.

That twice today my made me laugh.
(You are going to ruine my immage)

ur image is already ruined by ur sickening signature

wilberhum
12-07-2007, 11:55 PM
ur image is already ruined by ur sickening signature
You were warned.

And now he is comming to get you.

Nabooly
12-07-2007, 11:59 PM
I think its so very interesting. Knowing the history of the earth. Why wouldnt someone care? I mean there is more to this earth than cars and money. There is fundamental and way more interesting things like HISTORY!

ranma1/2
12-08-2007, 12:23 AM
well of course they can be brought back to life. Cobra commander did it and thankfully the GIjoes stopped his evil plot to attack the world with mind controlled dinosaurs. ;)

Seriously though. at the very least the search for knowledge and understanding of the world is important. Of course it would be cool if we could somehow get dna and actually clone a dino.

Of course other reasons is it helps us better understand how life evolved on our planet.

ranma1/2
12-08-2007, 12:27 AM
well little lizards are cute too, and surely you've heard "bigger is better"?
Perhaps he should look at Chibi Godzilla.

http://www.chibigojitoys.com/

ranma1/2
12-08-2007, 12:31 AM

ignoring the book, do you see a flaw in the depiction of the skyscape?

Woodrow
12-08-2007, 12:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ranma1/2
well of course they can be brought back to life. Cobra commander did it and thankfully the GIjoes stopped his evil plot to attack the world with mind controlled dinosaurs. ;)

Seriously though. at the very least the search for knowledge and understanding of the world is important. Of course it would be cool if we could somehow get dna and actually clone a dino.

Of course other reasons is it helps us better understand how life evolved on our planet.
The problem with trying to get DNA from a fossil, is a fossil does not contain any part of the actual animal or plant. A fossil is actually a natural replica made of silicon carbonate, calcium carbonate and other natural substances. The formation of a fossil is very fantastic. As the animal decays under water, the water has to evaporate at the same rate as the decay, leaving various mineral crystals replacing the decaying organic substances. It is really quite amazing that anything ever fossilized.

The exceptions to this are tooth enamel and bone ostyocites, these do not contain DNA and are organically produced mineral formations.

truemuslim
12-08-2007, 12:37 AM
You were warned.

And now he is comming to get you.

lol thats not the same guy u said about last time.

ranma1/2
12-08-2007, 12:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The problem with trying to get DNA from a fossil, is a fossil does not contain any part of the actual animal or plant. A fossil is actually a natural replica made of silicon carbonate, calcium carbonate and other natural substances. The formation of a fossil is very fantastic. As the animal decays under water, the water has to evaporate at the same rate as the decay, leaving various mineral crystals replacing the decaying organic substances. It is really quite amazing that anything ever fossilized.

The exceptions to this are tooth enamel and bone ostyocites, these do not contain DNA and are organically produced mineral formations.
well clearly cobra commander proved this to be wrong. lol ;) yes, unless we can find a popsicle dinosaur i doubt we will ever find any usable dna.

Abdul-Raouf
12-08-2007, 01:23 AM

(considering they existed before)

I wonder at and admire them...they are ALLAH's amazing creations...:)

snakelegs
12-08-2007, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ranma1/2
ignoring the book, do you see a flaw in the depiction of the skyscape?
i confess - it looks ok to me. no doubt i am missing something So Obvious That Even An Idiot Would See It.
but so be it.

Thanaa
12-08-2007, 01:39 AM
Salamualikum.
Na'am, i like them they look cute
Ma'assalama
Lol. Maybe they wouldnt be so cute if you accidentally ended up in a room with them...just the carnivorous ones, that is. :giggling:
JURASSIC PARK! :D
I used to collect dinosaur magazines when i was small. I had a huuuuuge pile, and then I binned them all! imsad
They were really cool in a geeky way...I collected all the bones that came with each one, and built a glow-in-the-dark T-rex. :shade:
I was quite proud of myself! :happy:

Kittygyal
12-08-2007, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thanaa
Lol. Maybe they wouldnt be so cute if you accidentally ended up in a room with them...just the carnivorous ones, that is. :giggling:
JURASSIC PARK! :D
I used to collect dinosaur magazines when i was small. I had a huuuuuge pile, and then I binned them all! imsad
They were really cool in a geeky way...I collected all the bones that came with each one, and built a glow-in-the-dark T-rex. :shade:
I was quite proud of myself! :happy:
Salamualikum.
Good for you be proud gyal. Ya, there cute and nah i know i won't be stuffed in a room with 'em.. that will be in ma dreams insha'Allaah :hiding:
Aww thats cute, at end of day there Allaah's creatures init and i respect that :shade:

Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
12-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Salamualikum.
LOL, this thread is soo funny man. It's turned to rats,dogs,animations,scary pictures, siggys and what not. ya i started the siggy one tho. LOL

Anywho back on topic. :X

Im respect that if they were still existed, if they aint then not much i can do. As there none then Allaah knows best...but then again from MY opinion there cute and i like them. Oh lets remember there Allaah's creatures at end of day init.

Ma'assalama

Whatsthepoint
12-08-2007, 01:30 PM
well little lizards are cute too

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!:p:p:p

:muddlehea:muddlehea:muddlehea

Kittygyal
12-08-2007, 01:49 PM
^ What is that?

~Taalibah~
12-08-2007, 01:59 PM
^ What is that?
Its a frill or frill necked lizard. When it feels threatened it opens its mouth and the frill opens out making it appear bigger and frightening. It also runs very fast using its hind legs, i think.

Woodrow
12-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Its a frill or frill necked lizard. When it feels threatened it opens its mouth and the frill opens out making it appear bigger and frightening. It also runs very fast using its hind legs, i think.
The basilisk lizard (also known as the Jesus lizard) is more noted as the one that gets up on it's hind legs and runs.

Media Tags are no longer supported

The Frilled lizard does look very similar, except for the frill, also gets up on it's hind legs and runs. I don't think it is quite as agile as the Basilisk, but it is quite a runner.

The frilled lizard is harmless, the whole big show is all bluff and the little critter is defenseless except for it's ability to scare predators.

Kittygyal
12-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Salamualikum.
Lol it looks neat Masha'Allaah.

I like the tail.:playing:
Ma'assalama

Belief_is_Power
12-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Dinos did live at one time, but maybe we are not suppose to care. those giant lizards were just not meant to live with us I guess.

wilberhum
12-08-2007, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Belief_is_Power
Dinos did live at one time, but maybe we are not suppose to care. those giant lizards were just not meant to live with us I guess.
What makes you think that "maybe we are not suppose to care"?

Belief_is_Power
12-09-2007, 04:20 AM
well the fact that their buried and no longer live at all. Their dead we know alot about them, but who cares!!! they are no use to us.

wilberhum
12-09-2007, 08:07 PM
well the fact that their buried and no longer live at all. Their dead we know alot about them, but who cares!!! they are no use to us.
The only ones that care are the ones that care about knowledge.

Kittygyal
12-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Assalamualikum.

Surely i do care because at end of day dude there Allaah's creature and i so love Animals/Creatures.

Ma'assalama

~Taalibah~
12-09-2007, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The basilisk lizard (also known as the Jesus lizard) is more noted as the one that gets up on it's hind legs and runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhsxo7vY8ac

The Frilled lizard does look very similar, except for the frill, also gets up on it's hind legs and runs. I don't think it is quite as agile as the Basilisk, but it is quite a runner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAo09yYOpCU

The frilled lizard is harmless, the whole big show is all bluff and the little critter is defenseless except for it's ability to scare predators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w442iWHmeSo
Jazakallah Bro Woodrow. Interesting, I've never heard of the basilisk lizard before.

snakelegs
12-09-2007, 10:20 PM
we have a lizard in our local desert called zebra tailed lizard, which will also run on its hindlegs sometimes when it is really hot.
it's funny to see!
we also have a lizard here that reproduces by parthenogenesis, called the whip tailed lizard.
nature is so fascinating and the more you learn, the more it increases your awe of the creator.
i don't understand how religious people can hate certain animals.

~Taalibah~
12-09-2007, 10:25 PM
we have a lizard in our local desert called zebra tailed lizard, which will also run on its hindlegs sometimes when it is really hot.
it's funny to see!
we also have a lizard here that reproduces by parthenogenesis, called the whip tailed lizard.
nature is so fascinating and the more you learn, the more it increases your awe of the creator.
i don't understand how religious people can hate certain animals.
If it comes to that i dont understand how Muslims can ill treat animals.
But back on topic...er sort of... I saw a vid of a frillnecked lizard running it was really cool!

Qingu
12-11-2007, 06:33 AM
Why do we care about dinosaurs? Because their lives are an important chapter of a rather amazing story about the history of our planet and where we came from. Their lifestyles and habitats can tell us much about the lifestyles and habitats of modern animals, especially birds, but also many predator-prey relations. Their extinction, once an enduring and fascinating mystery, is now considered solved—most scientists believe it was a meteor that did it—and from this knowledge we now know that a similar event could one day wipe out our own species.

Also, they were GIANT ARMORED REPTILES. How can you not think that is cool?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.