/* */

PDA

View Full Version : dumb question...

truemuslim
12-08-2007, 04:10 AM
assalamu alaikum. I have been wondering...:hiding:...what does "pbuh" stand for? :? i know i am not a convert. im a born muslim...well arent we all?..anyway i never converted..(first of all, a bit young..mayb) but I am muslim...BORN MUSLIM STAY MUSLIM...lol..back to topic... i feel :-[ to ask this, i know what saw (subhannah wata 'ala), asw (alayhi salawt wasalam), ra (radhi allahu 'anhu) and radhi allahu anha , and all those other ones, but not pbuh. I have been trying to figure it out. but i cant...sadly..i sound reeeeaaallly dum right now...

:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[

I LOVE MY SIGGY..i will get another better one...if i can find it again... :offtopic: <<<

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
rahimah
12-08-2007, 07:40 AM
SALAM sista
PUBH means peace be upon u
which is saw( sallah alyhiwasallam)

*KB*
12-08-2007, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rahimah
SALAM sista
PUBH means peace be upon u
which is saw( sallah alyhiwasallam)
Assalamualaykum

It's actually what Alpha Dude wrote, but your forgiven!

Sister truemuslim PBUH is basically SAW in English, whenever we refer to Prophet Muhmmad SAW we say SAW or PBUH- Peace Be Upon Him.

:) Don't feel ashamed as many people may not know and will benefit from knowing this because you had the courage to ask. :D

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

Fishman
12-08-2007, 11:37 AM
:sl:
Its way better not to abbriviate the durood-e-paak though. Say 'peace be upon him' not 'pbuh'...
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
12-08-2007, 07:10 PM
ok thanks

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.