/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Allegation by non-Muslims regarding Prophet Muhammad. Help me refute.

Roasted Cashew
12-08-2007, 02:15 PM
they use these verses below to call names at Prophet Muhammad. Pls give me some context and explain these verses below.

"The Prophet had their men killed, their woman and children taken captive." Bukhari:V5B59N512

"It is not fitting for any prophet to have prisoners until he has made a great slaughter in the land." Qur'an:8:67

"Little do you remember My warning. How many towns have We destroyed as a raid by night? Our punishment took them suddenly while they slept for their afternoon rest. Our terror came to them; Our punishment overtook them." Qur'an:7:3

"The Prophet passed by and was asked whether it was permissible to attack infidels at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet replied, ‘Their women and children are from them.'" Bukhari:V4B52N256

"When Allah's Apostle fought or raided people we raised our voices saying, ‘Allahu-Akbar! Allahu-Akbar! None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.'" Bukhari:V5B59N516

"Allah did not admonish anyone who had not participated in the Ghazwa [raid] of Badr, for in fact, Allah's Apostle had only gone out in search of the Quraysh caravan so that he could rob it…” Bukhari:V5B59N702

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
12-08-2007, 02:33 PM
:sl:

Each and every one of those have the same thing in common. They are single ayyat's taken out of context. The best refutation is to read the entire Surahs each of those was taken from.

This is like people saying the dictionary teaches murder and then try to "prove" it does. by quoting the definition for the word murder.

Roasted Cashew
12-08-2007, 02:40 PM
I would really appreciate if someone can come up with a written rebuttal to such allegation.

جوري
12-08-2007, 03:06 PM
I wrote this about the battle of badr.. I don't know if it is of use to you?

http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...ry-defeat.html

my advise is to stop visiting sites where they bash Muslims.. they are worthless, like buying the national inquirer, sun or frequenting TMZ.. educated people aren't interested in gossip on blogs rather they purchase books!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
12-08-2007, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hmmm5
I would really appreciate if someone can come up with a written rebuttal to such allegation.
this will be quite lengthy and it will take some time for me to do it. I will start with the first one and do them one at a time. You may also want to use the search feature in the refutation section and find other refutations to them, as these are questions that have been refuted here many times.

Starting with:

"The Prophet had their men killed, their woman and children taken captive." Bukhari:V5B59N512
this is a single sentence taken from a very long narration about the war with the Khaibar. To fully understand it you would have to understand the entire war. But this short part may make it understandable.

Let us see more of what the Hadith actually says:

Volumn 005, Book 059, Hadith Number 508.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Suwaid bin An-Numan : I went out in the company of the Prophet in the year of Khaibar, and when we reached As Sahba' which is the lower part of Khaibar, the Prophet offered the Asr prayer and then asked the people to collect the journey food. Nothing was brought but Sawiq which the Prophet ordered to be moistened with water, and then he ate it and we also ate it. Then he got up to offer the Maghrib prayer. He washed his mouth, and we too washed our mouths, and then he offered the prayer without repeating his abulution.

Volumn 005, Book 059, Hadith Number 509.
Narated By Salama bin Al-Akwa : We went out to Khaibar in the company of the Prophet. While we were proceeding at night, a man from the group said to 'Amir, "O 'Amir! Won't you let us hear your poetry?" 'Amir was a poet, so he got down and started reciting for the people poetry that kept pace with the camels' footsteps, saying: "O Allah! Without You we Would not have been guided On the right path Neither would be have given In charity, nor would We have prayed. So please forgive us, what we have committed (i.e. our defects); let all of us Be sacrificed for Your Cause And send Sakina (i.e. calmness) Upon us to make our feet firm When we meet our enemy, and If they will call us towards An unjust thing, We will refuse. The infidels have made a hue and Cry to ask others' help Against us." The Prophet on that, asked, "Who is that (camel) driver (reciting poetry)?" The people said, "He is 'Amir bin Al-Akwa'."

Then the Prophet said, "May Allah bestow His Mercy on him." A man amongst the people said, "O Allah's Prophet! has (martyrdom) been granted to him. Would that you let us enjoy his company longer." Then we reached and besieged Khaibar till we were afflicted with severe hunger. Then Allah helped the Muslims conquer it (i.e. Khaibar). In the evening of the day of the conquest of the city, the Muslims made huge fires. The Prophet said, "What are these fires? For cooking what, are you making the fire?" The people replied, "(For cooking) meat." He asked, "What kind of meat?" They (i.e. people) said, "The meat of donkeys." The Prophet said, "Throw away the meat and break the pots!" Some man said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall we throw away the meat and wash the pots instead?" He said, "(Yes, you can do) that too." So when the army files were arranged in rows (for the clash), 'Amir's sword was short and he aimed at the leg of a Jew to strike it, but the sharp blade of the sword returned to him and injured his own knee, and that caused him to die. When they returned from the battle, Allah's Apostle saw me (in a sad mood). He took my hand and said, "What is bothering you?" I replied, "Let my father and mother be sacrificed for you! The people say that the deeds of 'Amir are lost." The Prophet said, "Whoever says so, is mistaken, for 'Amir has got a double reward." The Prophet raised two fingers and added, "He (i.e. Amir) was a persevering struggler in the Cause of Allah and there are few 'Arabs who achieved the like of (good deeds) 'Amir had done."

Volumn 005, Book 059, Hadith Number 510.
Narated By Anas : Allah's Apostle reached Khaibar at night and it was his habit that, whenever he reached the enemy at night, he will not attack them till it was morning. When it was morning, the Jews came out with their spades and baskets, and when they saw him(i.e. the Prophet), they said, "Muhammad! By Allah! Muhammad and his army!" The Prophet said, "Khaibar is destroyed, for whenever we approach a (hostile) nation (to fight), then evil will be the morning for those who have been warned."

Narrated Anas bin Malik: We reached Khaibar early in the morning and the inhabitants of Khaibar came out carrying their spades, and when they saw the Prophet they said, "Muhammad! By Allah! Muhammad and his army!" The Prophet said, "Allahu-Akbar! Khaibar is destroyed, for whenever we approach a (hostile) nation (to fight) then evil will be the morning for those who have been warned." We then got the meat of donkeys (and intended to eat it), but an announcement was made by the announcer of the Prophet, "Allah and His Apostle forbid you to eat the meat of donkeys as it is an impure thing."

Volumn 005, Book 059, Hadith Number 511.
Narated By Anas bin Malik : Someone came to Allah's Apostles and said, "The donkeys have been eaten (by the Muslims)." The Prophet kept quiet. Then the man came again and said, "The donkeys have been eaten." The Prophet kept quiet. The man came to him the third time and said, "The donkeys have been consumed." On that the Prophet ordered an announcer to announce to the people, "Allah and His Apostle forbid you to eat the meat of donkeys." Then the cooking pots were upset while the meat was still boiling in them.

Volumn 005, Book 059, Hadith Number 512.
Narated By Anas : The Prophet offered the Fajr Prayer near Khaibar when it was still dark and then said, "Allahu-Akbar! Khaibar is destroyed, for whenever we approach a (hostile) nation (to fight), then evil will be the morning for those who have been warned." Then the inhabitants of Khaibar came out running on the roads. The Prophet had their warriors killed, their offspring and woman taken as captives. Safiya was amongst the captives, She first came in the share of Dahya Alkali but later on she belonged to the Prophet. The Prophet made her manumission as her 'Mahr'.

Volumn 005, Book 059, Hadith Number 513.
Narated By 'Abdul 'Aziz bin Suhaib : Anas bin Malik said, "The Prophet took Safiya as a captive. He manumitted her and married her." Thabit asked Anas, "What did he give her as Mahr (i.e. marriage gift)?" Anas replied. "Her Mahr was herself, for he manumitted her."

Volumn 005, Book 059, Hadith Number 514.
Narated By Sahl bin Sad As Saidi : Allah's Apostle (and his army) encountered the pagans and the two armies.,, fought and then Allah's Apostle returned to his army camps and the others (i.e. the enemy) returned to their army camps. Amongst the companions of the Prophet there was a man who could not help pursuing any single isolated pagan to strike him with his sword. Somebody said, "None has benefited the Muslims today more than so-and-so." On that Allah's Apostle said, "He is from the people of the Hell-Fire certainly." A man amongst the people (i.e. Muslims) said, "I will accompany him (to know the fact)." So he went along with him, and whenever he stopped he stopped with him, and whenever he hastened, he hastened with him. The (brave) man then got wounded severely, and seeking to die at once, he planted his sword into the ground and put its point against his chest in between his breasts, and then threw himself on it and committed suicide. On that the person (who was accompanying the deceased all the time) came to Allah's Apostle and said, "I testify that you are the Apostle of Allah." The Prophet said, "Why is that (what makes you say so)?" He said "It is concerning the man whom you have already mentioned as one of the dwellers of the Hell-Fire. The people were surprised by your statement, and I said to them, "I will try to find out the truth about him for you." So I went out after him and he was then inflicted with a severe wound and because of that, he hurried to bring death upon himself by planting the handle of his sword into the ground and directing its tip towards his chest between his breasts, and then he threw himself over it and committed suicide." Allah's Apostle then said, "A man may do what seem to the people as the deeds of the dwellers of Paradise but he is from the dwellers of the Hell-Fire and another may do what seem to the people as the deeds of the dwellers of the Hell-Fire, but he is from the dwellers of Paradise."

Volumn 005, Book 059, Hadith Number 515.
Narated By Abu Huraira : We witnessed (the battle of) Khaibar. Allah's Apostle said about one of those who were with him and who claimed to be a Muslim. "This (man) is from the dwellers of the Hell-Fire." When the battle started, that fellow fought so violently and bravely that he received plenty of wounds. Some of the people were about to doubt (the Prophet's statement), but the man, feeling the pain of his wounds, put his hand into his quiver and took out of it, some arrows with which he slaughtered himself (i.e. committed suicide). Then some men amongst the Muslims came hurriedly and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Allah has made your statement true so-and-so has committed suicide. "The Prophet said, "O so-and-so! Get up and make an announcement that none but a believer will enter Paradise and that Allah may support the religion with an unchaste (evil) wicked man.
To understand you have to know more about Khaibar and the ferocity of the war and that those warriors were aggressors trying to destroy the Muslims. Most people will protect themselves against people that are trying to kill them. so it was here. those were not innocent people who were ordered killed.

Khaibar was a spacious strongly fortified territory, studded with castles and farms, lying at a distance of 60-80 miles north of Madinah, now a village known for its uncongenial climate. After Al-Hudaibiyah Treaty, the major party of the anti-Islam tripartite coalition — Quraish, the bedouin horde of Najd tribes and the Jews — was neutralized, therefore, the Prophet [pbuh] deemed it an appropriate time to settle his affairs with the other two wings — the Jews and the Najd tribes — in order that peace and security could prevail and the Muslims may devote their time and effort in propagating the Message of Allâh and calling people to embrace it. Khaibar itself had always remained a hotbed of intrigue and conspiracy, and the Jews had always constituted it a source of military provocations and war instigation centre, so it was given a top priority on the agenda of the Prophet’s compelling exigencies. The Jews of Khaibar had united by an ancient alliance with the Confederates, triggered Bani Quraiza to practise treachery, maintained contacts with Ghatfan and the Arabians and they even devised an attempt at the Prophet’s life. In fact, the continual afflictions that the Muslims had sustained were primarily attributable to the Jews. Envoys were repeatedly sent to them for peaceful settlement, but all in vain. Consequently the Prophet [pbuh] came to the conclusion that a military campaign was a must in order to forestall their hostilities
Read the whole history of Khaibar here:

http://www.masmn.org/documents/Books...aktoom/602.htm

chosen
12-08-2007, 03:14 PM
DIDNT READ THE REBUTTAL.. I actually got a headche from just looking at it...listen, i am christian and the old testament of the bible contains some preety incriminating verses..if you read only one verse it is difficult to understand what that particuar verse actually means..ANY PERSON THAT CAN BUILD AN ARGUMENT AGAINST ANY RELIGION THAT IS BASED ON SINGLE VERSES..has the wrong motives..

Woodrow
12-08-2007, 03:21 PM
to add further that sentence you quote ["The Prophet had their men killed, their woman and children taken captive." Bukhari:V5B59N512] actually shows the fairness and compassion of Muhammad(swt).

It shows that only the armed offensive soldiers were to be killed. The women and children were to be protected and not harmed. Captive in Islam is not the same as being a slave or prisoner as seen by most English speaking people. It is a responsibility to treat the people fairly and to care for and provide for them. There are very specific guidelines about how a war captive is to be treated.

Woodrow
12-08-2007, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chosen
DIDNT READ THE REBUTTAL.. I actually got a headche from just looking at it...listen, i am christian and the old testament of the bible contains some preety incriminating verses..if you read only one verse it is difficult to understand what that particuar verse actually means..ANY PERSON THAT CAN BUILD AN ARGUMENT AGAINST ANY RELIGION THAT IS BASED ON SINGLE VERSES..has the wrong motives..
Very true and it is difficult to refute, because the sentence itself is true in regards to what it means in the original content.

- Qatada -
12-08-2007, 06:16 PM
:salamext:

Here's a good link :)

Commonly Misquoted Verses and Narrations

http://www.load-islam.com/wel_islam.php?topic_id=2

Roasted Cashew
12-12-2007, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
this will be quite lengthy and it will take some time for me to do it. I will start with the first one and do them one at a time. You may also want to use the search feature in the refutation section and find other refutations to them, as these are questions that have been refuted here many times.

Thanks for the first rebuttal. Pls keep them coming. Take your time. Really appreciate it.

Woodrow
12-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the first rebuttal. Pls keep them coming. Take your time. Really appreciate it.
I will take the second one.

"It is not fitting for any prophet to have prisoners until he has made a great slaughter in the land." Qur'an:8:67
That is from the Pickthall translation. This is a classic illustration of the impossibility to accurately translate Arabic into English. Although Pickthall was fluent in Arabic his native language was English and he did not get the full Arabic thought in his translations.

If we look at Yusuf Ali's Translation we see a different attempt. Ali was a native Arabic speaker who learned English. He saw the meaning to be more like this

8:67. It is not fitting for a prophet that he should have prisoners of war until he hath thoroughly subdued the land. Ye look for the temporal goods of this world; but Allah looketh to the Hereafter: And Allah is Exalted in might, Wise. S P C

Yusuf Ali's Quran Translation
I personally feel Shakir has come the closest to the connotation

8:60. And prepare against them what force you can and horses tied at the frontier, to frighten thereby the enemy of Allah and your enemy and others besides them, whom you do not know (but) Allah knows them; and whatever thing you will spend in Allah's way, it will be paid back to you fully and you shall not be dealt with unjustly. P Y C

8:61. And if they incline to peace, then incline to it and trust in Allah; surely He is the Hearing, the Knowing. P Y C
8:62. And if they intend to deceive you-- then surely Allah is sufficient for you; He it is Who strengthened you with His help and with the believers P Y C
8:63. And united their hearts; had you spent all that is in the earth, you could not have united their hearts, but Allah united them; surely He is Mighty, Wise. P Y C

8:64. O Prophet! Allah is sufficient for you and (for) such of the believers as follow you. P Y C
8:65. O Prophet! urge the believers to war; if there are twenty patient ones of you they shall overcome two hundred, and if there are a hundred of you they shall overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they are a people who do not understand. P Y C

8:66. For the present Allah has made light your burden, and He knows that there is weakness in you; so if there are a hundred patient ones of you they shall overcome two hundred, and if there are a thousand they shall overcome two thousand by Allah's permission, and Allah is with the patient. P Y C
8:67. It is not fit for a prophet that he should take captives unless he has fought and triumphed in the land; you desire the frail goods of this world, while Allah desires (for you) the hereafter; and Allah is Mighty, Wise. P Y C

8:68. Were it not for an ordinance from Allah that had already gone forth, surely there would have befallen you a great chastisement for what you had taken to. P Y C
8:69. Eat then of the lawful and good (things) which you have acquired in war, and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. P Y C

8:70. O Prophet! say to those of the captives who are in your hands: If Allah knows anything good in your hearts, He will give to you better than that which has been taken away from you and will forgive you, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. P Y C

Shakir's Quran Translation
Remember this entire Sura is related to the conduct of the aftermath of war and how to treat those who attacked you after you defeat them.

Look closely at the relationship between 67 and 70.

8:67. It is not fit for a prophet that he should take captives unless he has fought and triumphed in the land; you desire the frail goods of this world, while Allah desires (for you) the hereafter; and Allah is Mighty, Wise. P Y C

8:70. O Prophet! say to those of the captives who are in your hands: If Allah knows anything good in your hearts, He will give to you better than that which has been taken away from you and will forgive you, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. P Y C

Roasted Cashew
12-13-2007, 11:35 AM
well done. Another good one. I will wait for more.

Woodrow
12-13-2007, 12:22 PM
"Little do you remember My warning. How many towns have We destroyed as a raid by night? Our punishment took them suddenly while they slept for their afternoon rest. Our terror came to them; Our punishment overtook them." Qur'an:7:3
Again it is the same type problem. The difficulty in translating and taking out of context.

7: 1. Alif Lam Mim Suad. P Y C
7: 2. A Book revealed to you-- so let there be no straitness in your breast on account of it-- that you may warn thereby, and a reminder close to the believers. P Y C
7: 3. Follow what has been revealed to you from your Lord and do not follow guardians besides Him, how little do you mind. P Y C

7: 4. And how many a town that We destroyed, so Our punishment came to it by night or while they slept at midday. P Y
7: 5. Yet their cry, when Our punishment came to them, was nothing but that they said: Surely we were unjust. P Y C
7: 6. Most certainly then We will question those to whom (the messengers) were sent, and most certainly We will also question the messengers; P Y C

7: 7. Then most certainly We will relate to them with knowledge, and We were not absent. P Y C

Shakir's Quran Translation
Read it it in context, does that look like men did the destroying. Since the word is translated into the Captal W that denotes Allaah(swt) was the one who destroyed the cities. Which we know he did with Sodom. We do not know how many cities of evil doers he destroyed.

AlGhrnati
12-13-2007, 05:35 PM
they use these verses below to call names at Prophet Muhammad. Pls give me some context and explain these verses below.

"The Prophet passed by and was asked whether it was permissible to attack infidels at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet replied, ‘Their women and children are from them.'" Bukhari:V4B52N256

"When Allah's Apostle fought or raided people we raised our voices saying, ‘Allahu-Akbar! Allahu-Akbar! None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.'" Bukhari:V5B59N516

"Allah did not admonish anyone who had not participated in the Ghazwa [raid] of Badr, for in fact, Allah's Apostle had only gone out in search of the Quraysh caravan so that he could rob it…” Bukhari:V5B59N702
Salaamun Alaika Brother,

Why would you want to believe in these hadith, many of which slander or mock the prophet and the believers?:enough!: Tell people to read the Quran instead, that way they will learn the original Islam. For more info on Hadith pls. visit this site: [LINK REMOVED]

Wassalaam

Omar

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.