/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How tall was Prophet Adam (as)?

Wanderer
09-22-2005, 01:02 PM
Assalam o Alaikum Everyone

I was just wondering how tall hazrat Adam was because i heard from somwhere but i dont know where that they were like a giant is this true. or where they smaller then we are.

dont the scientist say that the people in the past were smaller then we are now or am i mistaken.

the other thing that came to my mind was that when they came onto the earth they asked for forgiveness from Allah for there sin. when they were asking for forgivenes they would cry and if they were a giant do you think there tears became the sea/oceans. or were the seas and oceans already there when they came onto the earth.

Jazak Allah

"It is We Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels bow down to Adam, and they bowed down; not so Iblis; He refused to be of those who bow down." (007.011 Surah 7 - Al A'raf THE HEIGHTS)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ameeratul Layl
09-22-2005, 01:04 PM
:sl:

I remember when one of my school friends sent me this picture of a skeleton found in K.S.A which was really really really big. I dont have the picture anymore but I can always ask my friend for it.
I do remember the saudi's making some kind of conclusion but cant remember what it was.

m3 salaam
Raiyhana :wilted_ro

Wanderer
09-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Is this in the right forum ???

Jazak Allah

MetSudaisTwice
09-22-2005, 01:12 PM
salam
sis raiyhana can you provide more info on the skeleton in saudi?
wasalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
libyanhero
09-22-2005, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raiyhana

I remember when one of my school friends sent me this picture of a skeleton found in K.S.A which was really really really big. I dont have the picture anymore but I can always ask my friend for it.
I do remember the saudi's making some kind of conclusion but cant remember what it was.

m3 salaam
Raiyhana :wilted_ro
I seen it too, its huge I think its 11 foot and wide too

Ameeratul Layl
09-22-2005, 01:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
sis raiyhana can you provide more info on the skeleton in saudi?
wasalam

If not today then tomorrow inshAllah. My friends never reply to their e-mails so its pretty hard getting hold of them.

m3 salaam
Raiyhana

MetSudaisTwice
09-22-2005, 01:17 PM
salam
can anyone provide more info and pics please?
wasalam

Wanderer
09-22-2005, 01:26 PM
if it someone special then isnt it wrong to have pictures taken of the skeleton. Just a Thought

sherbie cola
09-22-2005, 01:40 PM
if u can get the pic that would be good but also Hazrat Ibraheem is supposed to be very tall especially judging by his foot size in Makka

MetSudaisTwice
09-22-2005, 01:42 PM
salam
yes sis that is true because the foot size is big and to build a kabah just by standing on that stone you have to be very tall and large
wasalam

kadafi
09-22-2005, 02:01 PM

The skeleton image is a hoax. For more information, see here:
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/giant-skeleton.html

dont the scientist say that the people in the past were smaller then we are now or am i mistaken.
How can scientists explain something divine whilst they cannot answer the origin of life. Isa ibn Maryan (peace be upon him) was created without a father, so would that be scientifically impossible?

:w:

Ra`eesah
09-22-2005, 02:58 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

During a talk on the stroies of the Prophets. I remember hearing that Adam (a.s) was 60 arms length high and 7 arms length wide .

Wallahu ta'al A'lam

Rabi'ya
09-24-2005, 06:56 PM
At JIMAS conference this year(I believe Sheikh Salim Al-Amry) sed, that Adam(as) was 60(or 65) cubits tall. And that over time we, as a population, have shrunk....

I shall try and re-read my notes, inhsAllah and post again

Rabi'ya:rose:

kadafi
09-24-2005, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
At JIMAS conference this year(I believe Sheikh Salim Al-Amry) sed, that Adam(as) was 60(or 65) cubits tall. And that over time we, as a population, have shrunk....

I shall try and re-read my notes, inhsAllah and post again

“Allaah created Adam and he was sixty cubits tall. Then He said, ‘Go and greet those angels and listen to how they greet you, for that will be your greeting and the greeting of your progeny.’ He said, ‘Al-salaamu ‘alaykum (Peace be upon you).’ They said, ‘Al-salaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmat-Allaah (Peace be upon you and the mercy of Allaah).’ So they added the words ‘wa rahmat Allaah.’ And everyone who enters Paradise will be in the form of Adam. People kept on growing smaller until now.
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3336; Muslim, 7092

According to a version narrated by Muslim:

“Everyone who enters Paradise will be in the form of Adam who was sixty cubits tall. People kept growing smaller until now.”

Rabi'ya
09-24-2005, 07:17 PM
JAzakAllah brother kadafi.....

now we have some authentication for my post and the post previous

- Qatada -
09-24-2005, 07:25 PM
:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

1 cubit - 1.49 feet

1 cubit - 46 cm

1 cubit - 0.46 metres

To be Adam (ra)'s height you would be about:

60 cubits - 89.4 feet

60 cubits - 2760cm

60 cubits - 27.6 metres

“Everyone who enters Paradise will be in the form of Adam who was sixty cubits tall. "

Allah (swt) knows best.

source

Rabi'ya
09-24-2005, 07:31 PM
Subhanallah

I cant even imagine that.....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.