/* */

PDA

View Full Version : woes & worries

AnonymousPoster
12-09-2007, 09:42 PM
salam
i am 26 years old girl from pakistan. recently there is a proposal for me.
seemingly everything is going good. like the parents of the person like me. they are more interested in a good family with strong values & educated people. the thing that confuses me if this proposal is going to turn into a relationship or not. im highly tensed because before this my mom has been trying to arrange matches for me for the past 4-5 years and this is the very first time some family seems to be interested.
another problem is that this guy was in the country till last week & has now left for the country he works. i am fearing will waiting for him to come back & do nikkah, wont make them run off or change their minds.
i really need some assurances ... i am happy about all this that Allah has finally answered my parents' & my prayers ...but in my heart of hearts i fear as if i might not wake up from this dream. im highly tensed and wish that Allah make it all well for me soon because the suspense is killing!!
sorry brothers & sisters.... im so much mopey ... :X

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
12-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah

Sister if it works out then Alhamdulillaah,
If it turns out that you wait longer then try to be patient inshaAllaah.

If it becomes hard then sit with the pious people and that will help you inshaAllaah.

Dont worry about it, it'll be ok bi-idhnillaah.

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullaah

------
12-10-2007, 11:01 AM
:salamext:

Don’t worry about it sis, whatever Allaah subhaan wa taala gives you, no one can hold back. :) This might be the answers to your prayers Inshaa Allaah, but don’t stop praying and thanking Allaah subhaan wa taala, regardless of what happens of doesn’t happen…

syilla
12-10-2007, 11:37 AM
:salamext:

sis i envy you...your parents care for you so much that they don't mind waiting for the right person to come. :statisfie

You're so lucky...alhamdulillah that your parents not going to marry you off with whoever they meet. :skeleton:

Don't worry sis, just remember..what ever happens Allah subhanahuwata'ala has a better plan for you. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Hurairah
12-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

The first thing you should do is Istikhara. Istikhara will tell you what is best for you Insha Allah.

If you both are meant to get married to him then NO ONE can stop it from happening but if you aren't then Allah knows what is best for you.

tigersabre
12-10-2007, 10:00 PM
After you've prayed istikhaara, you have nothing to worry about, just be sure to follow through on it.

SisterInsomniac
12-11-2007, 05:02 AM
Asalaamu Alaykum Sis,

InshaAllah everything will work out :) The best thing to do is Isthikhara and put your faith in Allah (swt). Remember if it does not work out, it's only because Allah (swt) has something better planned for you. InshaAllah. Just pray and in your dua remember to ask Allah (swt) to do whatever is best for you!

Good luck with everything!!

W'salaams

rozeena
12-11-2007, 11:05 AM
im soo happy for you sis. inshallah everything will go fine dont worry and even if it doesnt its probly because its not meant to be but inshallah i will do dua for you that everything goes perfect just how you want it and that this guy keeps you happy inshallah. :thumbs_up

AnonymousPoster
12-11-2007, 08:56 PM
thanks a lot brothers & sisters
im very contented with your support. and i do believe that this proposal thing has reached this stage because Allah is willing & showing the way because it has never been this way before. none of the families who proposed came back or called ... this is the very first one in so many years ... and without Allah's will it wont have been so.
yes, my mom is doing istikhaara prayer for the last 3 nights but she been unclear with it ... just seeing whatever things happen daily & not having proper deep sleep. she gave a little break & will try again. my best friend has volunteered to do it for me too.
when i think that this process has moved forward to such a stage where my father & mother have to give YES or NO to the other party, it means to me that Allah has heard our prayers & is showing a path to us.
thank you so much, i will let you all know how everything turns out.
do pray for me, im in dire need of prayers ... thanks again

Re.TiReD
12-11-2007, 11:06 PM
:salamext: sis,

How about you do Istikhaarah yourself? *smile*

Insha'Allah be patient and wait for whatever Allah has decreed for you.

'...And it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know' [2.216]

Good luck sis! *smile* even though there is no such thing as luck...Hmm, my du'aas are with you all the same *grin*

Wassalam

ashley66
12-12-2007, 07:29 AM
:sl: sister,
InsyaAllah everything will work out well for you. Dont worry too much and don't let the suspense get to you. Just do your istikharah and leave everything to Allah and continue your du'a.
I'm so happpy for you. If he is the one for you, Allah will make evrything fall to places perfectly. May Allah give you the best for you and answer your du'a.:smile:

AnonymousPoster
12-12-2007, 09:04 PM
i wish i could do it myself but due to certain reason i cant.
well, you know the sign that things are progressing is enough for me to say that Allah wants it this way :D
can anyone tell me if after istikhaara, only the things seen are those that happened daily ... like seeing what happened all day in the dream too ... then what that means?

Jayda
12-12-2007, 09:30 PM
i will pray for you, i hope everything works out!

truemuslim
12-12-2007, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
salam
i am 26 years old girl from pakistan. recently there is a proposal for me.
seemingly everything is going good. like the parents of the person like me. they are more interested in a good family with strong values & educated people. the thing that confuses me if this proposal is going to turn into a relationship or not. im highly tensed because before this my mom has been trying to arrange matches for me for the past 4-5 years and this is the very first time some family seems to be interested.
another problem is that this guy was in the country till last week & has now left for the country he works. i am fearing will waiting for him to come back & do nikkah, wont make them run off or change their minds.
i really need some assurances ... i am happy about all this that Allah has finally answered my parents' & my prayers ...but in my heart of hearts i fear as if i might not wake up from this dream. im highly tensed and wish that Allah make it all well for me soon because the suspense is killing!!
sorry brothers & sisters.... im so much mopey ... :X
sis, whoever you marry, it was already written for you to marry him, if they change there mind or you change your mind, then that was what allah made it be like. but inshallah who ever you marry, you will like and they will like you, and khair inshallah

AnonymousPoster
01-08-2008, 12:47 PM
thanks a lot of the support & the advice.
my parents had to say no to the family because
1) the guy was giving a hard time to the family friend we requested to meet. he did not meet that person once even after 3-4 times of tries.
2) my parents tried to call him 3 times, he didnt attend the call.
3) his parents were first saying that he will come in march-april & my parents agreed to wait till then ... but now they were giving cold shoulder & said he wont be coming before a year or so.

so now what i want to ask because im confused is that why did the istikhara came out positive?
can anyone help me in this regard????
thanks again

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.