/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to listen to nasheeds??

Periwinkle18
12-10-2007, 07:51 AM
:sl:

I have a question is it ok to listen to nasheeds?? Does zain bhikha use any other musical instrument other than the daf could u guys help me out i really like the nasheeds of zain bhikha i just want to confirm if its ok to listen to them or not should i listen to them or stop listening to them??

JazakAllah :w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
12-10-2007, 08:15 AM

Zain Bhikhas albums usually come with the tracks with instrument and voice only versions. If you have any doubts, just listen to the voice only versions.

From the albums I have most of the nasheeds appear to be duff only but some of them had something that sounds like a tambourine- I don't know exactly what it is but a duff doesn't make that sound.

Oh, and nasheeds are permissible as long as they don't have instruments other than the duff in them.

Question: Is it permissible to sing and to listen to the singing of others?

Answered by Sheikh al-Sharîf Hamzah al-Fa`r, professor at Umm al-Qurâ University

For singing to be permissible, it must be free of musical accompaniment and lewd lyrics.

It is permissible to sing during marriage celebrations and on other festive occasions.

It is permissible for men to sing within these limits. Muslim men used to sing work songs during the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him), like during the Battle of the Trench.

Men may listen to the singing of other men and also that of small girls.

Women are allowed to sing amongst themselves in exclusive functions when men are not present. They may sing as long as their singing is decent.

On festive occasions, women may accompany their singing with a duff, a tambourine without bells. The duff, however, is reserved for women only. It is an exception to the general ruling against musical instruments and it is established only for women.

http://islamtoday.com/show_detail_se...&main_cat_id=1

Note: As far as I know, there is a difference of opinion about the duff being for women only.

Umm Yoosuf
12-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah,

I used to listen to them and I stopped they are of no rather it is better to listen to the Qur'an indeed there is much benefit in it.

See the ruling on Nasheeds here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...-nasheeds.html

Abdur Rahmaan
12-10-2007, 07:36 PM
I think for those who are transitioning from rap music, and music in general, it is the lesser evil if you listen to nasheed with music and then slowly transition to nasheed with no music. If the lyrics increase your eman than why not. I really like Dawood warnsby nasheeds.
Although NOTHING compares it to the Quran. The speech of man can never provide the tranquility like the Speech of the Creator. :w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
12-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Assalamualikum.

QURA'AN ALL THE WAY!!

Ma'assalama

Intisar
12-11-2007, 12:56 AM
:w: See this has been on my mind for a long time. Nasheeds make no sense subhanAllah!!!!! If music is haraam, and only certain instruments are allowed to be used, why then are nasheeds considered Islamic when they full use beats and guitars?? :?

Malaikah
12-11-2007, 01:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdur Rahmaan
Although NOTHING compares it to the Quran. The speech of man can never provide the tranquility like the Speech of the Creator. :w:

Of course, but you can't exactly listen to Quran when you are exercising or driving (if you cant focus on the quran when driving) or doing something that means you cant focus on the quran. :thumbs_up

ayesha309
12-11-2007, 01:35 AM
so if u cant focus on the Qur'an, you shouldn't listen to it?? like when you're in the bus and stuff, you shouldn't listen to it?

Malaikah
12-11-2007, 03:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha000
so if u cant focus on the Qur'an, you shouldn't listen to it?? like when you're in the bus and stuff, you shouldn't listen to it?

If that Quran is on you have to give it all your attention. The bus should be fine because all you are really doing is just sitting down. :)

ayesha309
12-11-2007, 05:27 AM
but if some other thought comes into your head (say your essay topic or something) while listening to the Qur'an then you should stop listening until you clear your head of all such thoughts?

snakelegs
12-11-2007, 05:45 AM
can you listen to qur'an while you browse the web? what if you don't understand the arabic anyway?

Periwinkle18
12-11-2007, 08:10 AM
From where can i get the voice only versions??

Malaikah
12-11-2007, 08:19 AM
but if some other thought comes into your head (say your essay topic or something) while listening to the Qur'an then you should stop listening until you clear your head of all such thoughts?

Personally I try to remove the thoughts rather than turn off the Quran. But I guess what ever works for you- if the thoughts are persistent and won't go away, then if turning off the Quran for a moment helps than it is up to you.

format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
can you listen to qur'an while you browse the web? what if you don't understand the arabic anyway?
I never do because you just end up ignoring the Quran! I don't think it makes a difference if you can't understand the Arabic...

format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
From where can i get the voice only versions??
Buy the album? It's on there.

Ibn Al Aqwa
12-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Of cousre it is perfectly fine to listen to nasheeds, as long as they are instrument free...

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah,

I used to listen to them and I stopped they are of no rather it is better to listen to the Qur'an indeed there is much benefit in it.

See the ruling on Nasheeds here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...-nasheeds.html
well, undoubtedly their is great benefit in the Qur'an, but you cannot say there is no benefit in nasheeds.

People can be affected by nasheeds in ways you cant imagine, they have changes peoples lives around, and help people in time of fitnah, Of coirse the Qur'an is better, but Nasheeds are still a type of ibadah...

format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

Of course, but you can't exactly listen to Quran when you are exercising or driving (if you cant focus on the quran when driving) or doing something that means you cant focus on the quran. :thumbs_up
it is permissable...

Malaikah
12-11-2007, 09:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Ibn Al Aqwa-
it is permissable...

What is permissible?

Are you referring to what I said about driving? I personally try not to listen to Quran while driving because either the Quran distracts me from the road or the road distracts me from the Quran- neither of which is good.

I'm not saying it is halal/haram.

------
12-11-2007, 09:18 AM
:salamext:

Nasheeds are kool... :thumbs_up As long as they don't involve the forbidden things in Islam lol

Periwinkle18
12-11-2007, 02:53 PM
So theres no harm in listening to dem rite??

Abdur Rahmaan
12-11-2007, 09:34 PM
:w:

I guess it varies person by person. I am able to listen to the Quran attentively and drive or exercise. Quran should be engraved in our lives and we should constantly read and listen to the Quran. If the non-muslims can listen to their music and do other things, we sure should be able to listen to our Creator through out our daily lives.
- Also it does not mean we should completely 100% understand everything when we listen to it. We are rewarded for every letter that we read even if we don't understand it this also applies if we listen maybe to it to a lesser effect.
- Lastly I thought Sister's were multitask; Like they are able to able to cook in the kitchen, watch the kids and at the same time talk to another sister on the phone. If they can do that then...........

Malaikah
12-12-2007, 02:44 AM

With driving- I don't want to risk having a car accident lol.

With exercise, I don't know if it is respectable to be running and getting all sweaty and listen to the Quran at the same time. i'm not saying if it is haram or not- I don't know so I personally would rather avoid it.

ayesha309
12-12-2007, 04:16 PM
:w:

- Lastly I thought Sister's were multitask; Like they are able to able to cook in the kitchen, watch the kids and at the same time talk to another sister on
the phone. If they can do that then...........
LOL :D; perhaps when married, sisters learn to multitask!

Personally I try to remove the thoughts rather than turn off the Quran. But I guess what ever works for you- if the thoughts are persistent and won't go away, then if turning off the Quran for a moment helps than it is up to you.
Thanks sis :)

truemuslim
12-12-2007, 09:25 PM
I think for those who are transitioning from rap music, and music in general, it is the lesser evil if you listen to nasheed with music and then slowly transition to nasheed with no music. If the lyrics increase your eman than why not. I really like Dawood warnsby nasheeds.

there is millions of islamic rap and other nasheeds that arent haram...i was gonna post em..but no1 replied to my other 2..so i thought u wouldnt want to ..lol

Maimunah
12-12-2007, 10:30 PM
salaam

maybe this would help

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...g&txt=nasheeds

wasalaam

Periwinkle18
12-13-2007, 11:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
there is millions of islamic rap and other nasheeds that arent haram...i was gonna post em..but no1 replied to my other 2..so i thought u wouldnt want to ..lol
Why don't u post them.I'll check them out

truemuslim
12-13-2007, 05:32 PM
LOL :D; perhaps when married, sisters learn to multitask!

Thanks sis :)

lol im not married, and i cook for my mom watch my two younger sisters and visit this site, and watch tv at the same time.... i love the saudi channel during hajj time! :D

truemuslim
12-13-2007, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
Why don't u post them.I'll check them out
and there up! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.