View Full Version : Parents
12-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Zur’ah ibn Ibraaheem narrated that a man came to ‘Umar and said to him:Reply
“I have an old mother who is unable to go answer the call of nature, so I carry her on my back. I also help her perform ablution while turning my face away from her (out of respect). Have I fulfilled my duty towards her?”
‘Umar said, “No.”
The man said, “Even though I carry her on my back and exert myself in her service”
‘Umar said: “She used to do the same for you when you were young, while hoping that you will live. As for you, you await when she will go away (die).”
Login/Register to hide ads.
Scroll down for more posts
12-10-2007, 04:33 PM
^ Subhan'Allaah, I love my Mom :cry:
People never realise bringing up a child is hard!, Appreciate it!
12-11-2007, 01:41 PM
A little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was fixing supper, and he handed her a piece of paper that he had been writing on. After his mom dried her hands on an apron, she read it, and this is what it said:Reply
* For cutting the grass: $5.00
* For cleaning up my room this week: $1.00
* For going to the store for you: $.50
* Baby-sitting my kid brother while you went shopping: $.25
* Taking out the garbage: $1.00
* For getting a good report card: $5.00
* For cleaning up and raking the yard: $2.00
Total owed: $14.75
Well, his mother looked at him standing there, and the boy could see the memories flashing through her mind. She picked up the pen, turned over the paper he’d written on, and this is what she wrote:
* For the nine months I carried you while you were growing inside me: No Charge.
* For all the nights that I’ve sat up with you, doctored and prayed for you: No Charge.
* For all the trying times, and all the tears that you’ve caused through the years: No Charge.
* For all the nights filled with dread, and for the worries I knew were ahead: No Charge.
* For the toys, food, clothes, and even wiping your nose: No Charge.
When you add it up, the cost of my love is: No Charge.
When the boy finished reading what his mother had written, there were big tears in his eyes, and he looked straight up at his mother and said, “Mom, I sure do love you.”
And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote: “PAID IN FULL”
12-11-2007, 02:22 PM
We sometimes seem to forget what our mothers are doing for us
I realize it now that I have a baby my own
This is why Jannah is unerneath the feet of a mother
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.
When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Last Post: 08-22-2016, 12:50 AM
Last Post: 07-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Last Post: 03-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Last Post: 04-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Last Post: 04-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.