/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Life after the Oil Collapse

Belief_is_Power
12-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Salam alakium brothers and sisters

Civilization as we know it is coming to end end soon. This is not the wacky proclamation of a doomsday cult, apocalypse bible prophecy sect, or conspiracy theory society. Rather, it is the scientic conclusion of the best paid, most widely-respected geologists, physicists, bankers, and investors in the world. These are rational, professional, conservative individuals who are absolutely terrified by a phenomenon known as global "Peak Oil".

Oil is running out; the climate is changing at a potentially catastrophic rate; wars over scarce resources are brewing; finally, most shocking of all, we don't seem to be having enough ideas about how to fix any of these problems.

if oil peaks in the next 5-10 years the consequences would be unimaginable. Permanent fuel shortages would tip the world into a generations-long economic depression. Millions would lose their jobs as industry implodes. Farm tractors would be idled for lack of fuel, triggering massive famines. Energy wars would flare. The prices of houses would collapse. The stock market would crash. Once affluent cities with fancy cafes and shops will have queues at soup kitchens and armies of beggers. The crime rate would soar. The earth has always been a dangerous place, but now it will become a tinderbox.

By 2010, predicts geologist Jeremy Leggett, democracy will be on the run. Economic hardship will bring out the worst in people. Facists will rise, feeding on the newly poor who were once rich or well off. These new rulers will find the tools of repression. They will enact emergency laws, prison camps, a relaxed attitude toward torture--already in place thanks to the war on terror.

Peak Oil will hit the whole world including the Ummah. You will see countries divide while others merge. Mass human migration to other countries will cause genocide a hundred times over. We as muslims must band together and out of this chaos, maybe we can bring back the Caliphate.

Brothers and sisters dont take my word for it, please do your own research on Peak Oil. Every week, month, year, the price of oil goes up. New technologies like solar, hydrogen, ethenol, cannot substain our lifestyle that we currently live. It was oil that made travel faster,easier, and as the human population grows more oil will be needed. By 2050 it will be 9 billion. From this we can look ahead and see that this kaffir lifesyle will not last forever.

Our time is coming it is only a matter of when.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wilberhum
12-10-2007, 08:26 PM
I think you are being far too optimistic.

Belief_is_Power
12-10-2007, 09:31 PM
maybe however if you look at the evidence for peak Oil, it is only a few years away. Life as you know it my friend is going to change rapidly. time is running out.

snakelegs
12-10-2007, 09:44 PM
cheer up. we'll probably all die of thirst before we run out of oil.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Belief_is_Power
12-10-2007, 10:29 PM
What do you mean snakelegs? Die of Thirst???

barney
12-10-2007, 10:38 PM
The sad thing is , when the world is out of oil. What will the middle east export?

The only thing that they have is oil. Their people will starve :(

snakelegs
12-10-2007, 10:42 PM
unless we find a way to cheaply desalinate, i think we will run out of drinkable water. as it is, already a huge chunk of people drink contaminated water. in many parts of the world women must walk a long way each day to get water.

Amadeus85
12-10-2007, 11:49 PM
End of oil? I can't wait for that.

barney
12-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Prolly about a 30 year wait im afraid. 30 years before the middle east collapses.

Owch! Time to find another resource methinks.

Isambard
12-11-2007, 12:23 AM
Im more concerned about the World's nations being built upon imaginary money and the increasing accounts of financial contagion.

Im betting that will kill us first :)

Belief_is_Power
12-11-2007, 01:44 AM
30 years, yeah right, listen frined I have done my research and it is about 5-10 years away. As for food in the middle east, new trade routes will open up and everything will revert back to horses and camels I am afriad. In about 60 years the world you know will look like the middle ages.

Isambard
12-11-2007, 01:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Belief_is_Power
30 years, yeah right, listen frined I have done my research and it is about 5-10 years away. As for food in the middle east, new trade routes will open up and everything will revert back to horses and camels I am afriad. In about 60 years the world you know will look like the middle ages.
You realize there are alternative sources of power right? Coal, trees, steam, wind, nuclear etc.

The only one that will be deeply hurt is the middle-east as its the only real source of income it has.

MustafaMc
12-11-2007, 01:55 AM
I believe that you are right and that in the future they will refer to the time that we are now living in as "the good old days". Just as 100 years ago it was hard for people to imagine that one could travel from coast to coast in less than a day, so in another 100 years they will hardly believe that we actually did.

Have you read The Long Emergency by James Howard Kuntsler?

Belief_is_Power
12-11-2007, 02:00 AM
friend, even with all the other resources combined with the population growth as it is already that still could not substain our lifestyle that we live in the west. Now imagine 30 years from now. Do you still think that you'll be drive your car at $3.00 a gallon while you drink your starbucks coffee? Hell no!!!! Dude Peak Oil IS coming. I hate to say it but 30 years from now driving a car might be a privilage for thsoe who can afford the gas. Face the facts with climate change thrown into the mix, life is not only gonna get harder but hotter as well. Sorry pal.

Belief_is_Power
12-11-2007, 02:02 AM
MustafaMc I have not read it yet but I will look into it.

Belief_is_Power
12-11-2007, 02:12 AM
I would advise all of you to watch crude awakening on google video. It is a good film and in goes into depth about the "other" so called resources that will supposetly save us.

Isambard
12-11-2007, 02:38 AM
friend, even with all the other resources combined with the population growth as it is already that still could not substain our lifestyle that we live in the west. Now imagine 30 years from now. Do you still think that you'll be drive your car at $3.00 a gallon while you drink your starbucks coffee? Hell no!!!! Dude Peak Oil IS coming. I hate to say it but 30 years from now driving a car might be a privilage for thsoe who can afford the gas. Face the facts with climate change thrown into the mix, life is not only gonna get harder but hotter as well. Sorry pal.
Well western populations do have a negative growth rate. To solve your scenerio they just need to stop immigration for awhile. those with positive growth rates are gonna be stung the most. Such as developing countries.

Im not saying there wont be large problems, but I think your scenerio is a bit of an exaggeration:omg:

Belief_is_Power
12-11-2007, 04:14 AM
exaggeration is not my goal. I only mean to point out a scenerio that will probably happen. Now will it happen the way that I said it exactly. Maybe, maybe not, who's to say. However stoping immigrantion will not solve the population problems in the west. Trust me when oil gets way to expensive, you will see even more illegals coming into the U.S.A and Europe. So just sit back and relax my friend and brush up on your spanish, (I am not trying to make fun of you friend). Cheers.

Woodrow
12-11-2007, 04:35 AM
exaggeration is not my goal. I only mean to point out a scenerio that will probably happen. Now will it happen the way that I said it exactly. Maybe, maybe not, who's to say. However stoping immigrantion will not solve the population problems in the west. Trust me when oil gets way to expensive, you will see even more illegals coming into the U.S.A and Europe. So just sit back and relax my friend and brush up on your spanish, (I am not trying to make fun of you friend). Cheers.
About the only disagreement I have is I believe it is Chinese We need to brush up on

Bittersteel
12-11-2007, 04:49 AM
unless we find a way to cheaply desalinate, i think we will run out of drinkable water. as it is, already a huge chunk of people drink contaminated water.
plus world population will be increasing...I foresee a "survival of the fittest" scenario in the future.

shible
12-11-2007, 04:52 AM
:sl:

It Seems Those Words That Where Existing In The Post

SIGNS BEFORE THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT are about to come Alive as per the current world situations

May the Alimighty Protect us from all Hurdles

Aameen

:w:

Isambard
12-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Well my first language is spanish, so that wont be much of a problem for me haha:D

snakelegs
12-11-2007, 07:50 AM
i live in southern california, so i should learn spanish anyway.:D
but i agree with woodrow - chinese would probably be a lot more useful.

shible
12-11-2007, 10:34 AM
As long As IT and computers Survive India will Survive . So i won't be needing extra lessons. If and only if i am supposed to go to china for an Onsite project

snakelegs
12-11-2007, 10:39 AM
does india make any computers?

shible
12-11-2007, 11:12 AM
India has more software developers .

than any other nation. if all indian working on software from various nations come back to india then india will become the number one country in holding huge number of developers

Belief_is_Power
12-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Chinese, spanish, its all good. just remeber one thing folks next time you fill up your car, imagine that it is a year later and the gas price is higher then $3.00 a gallon, now you'll see my point.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.