/* */

PDA

View Full Version : List of Questions:Arranged marriage

ashara
12-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Salam,

I would really appreciate it if LI members who had arranged marriage could give a list (or just one) question that they asked their potential mate b4 they decided 2 marry that person. It could be a question that was useful or it could be a question that u realize didn't really help u much after u got married. You can even post something that u wish u had asked.

Thank you in advance.

p/s I hope I posted in the right section... I didn't see anything on marriage.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ashley66
12-13-2007, 07:29 AM
:sl:
I asked 2 questions:
1. Does he pray 5 times a day?
2. Does he pray Fajr, Maghrib and Isya' at the mosque daily?
{I reckon that if his imaan is strong enuff to make him do the 3 prayers at the mosque then insyaAllah it is indicative that he would have other good qualities as a muslim}

Ummu Sufyaan
12-13-2007, 07:37 AM
perhaps im misunderstanding, but why dont you ask others about him before meeting him?

ashara
12-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Salam.

Thanks sis Ashley66. Although I live in a Muslim country i think it would be rare to meet anyone under 50 or not affiliated to any religious order to perform the three prayers in the mosque. But then again, I could be mistaken. You raised an interesting and important point. Thank you again.

sis Maryam11, i guess wat i mean is the stage past the part where ur family has 'checked out' the guy and thinks u shud meet up an have a lil chat.

-salam-

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
12-14-2007, 11:57 AM
i see :sunny:
in that case, sorry, i have no idea :hiding:

ashara
12-14-2007, 11:59 AM
It's ok sis :)

Have a nice day. Salam

Akeyi
01-01-2018, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ashara
Salam.

Thanks sis Ashley66. Although I live in a Muslim country i think it would be rare to meet anyone under 50 or not affiliated to any religious order to perform the three prayers in the mosque. But then again, I could be mistaken. You raised an interesting and important point. Thank you again.

sis Maryam11, i guess wat i mean is the stage past the part where ur family has 'checked out' the guy and thinks u shud meet up an have a lil chat.

-salam-
first one to learn if he is religious second one to learn if he is a liar i guess

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.