/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about Halal Foods - QUORN

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Assalam-o-Allikum
i wanted to ask a question regarding halal foods concerning the product QOURN, foods which are considered 'safe' for vegetarians, so hence.. has no animal products in them, is it safe for a muslim to eat the products made by this company? i ask this because availability of buying halal meat is extremly difficult for me ( i have to travel long distance and do buy in bulk when i can ) so buying the meat alternative seems like a good option for whn i am unable to get to a halal meat store.
i also wanted to ask... if eating qourn is considered safe for muslims is it safe to eat all the varieties on offer, imitation beef, chicken and pork as there is 0% meat content.. i am fully aware that eating pork is haram so would the quorn pork also be haram as its imitating the taste of pork or not? i find this quite confusing because qourn is made from funghis ( like mushrooms and vegetables and again i emphasis no meat ) please forgive me if this is a 'silly' question but as a new muslim and learning of islam i think its important to ask questions because if i dont.. i will never know. i hope someone can clarify the matter for me inshaAllah.. i have included the website of qourn :-

http://www.quorn.co.uk/CMSPage.aspx?ssbid=6

Allah Hafiz
Ayesha.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
12-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Thread approved.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.